• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It's time to be completely honest, Sorcs aren't high skill cap, and they're not balanced

83 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm here to dispel both the illusions and delusions that members on this forum seem to possess about this class.

Statement and Delusion 1: Sorc is a high skill cap class and should be powerful!

Sorc is not a difficult or high skill cap class in comparison to the others. Many, many of the other classes possess more difficult combos, timing, desync issues (Grabs in general), and melee possess much more difficult times closing with their targets and getting damage to stick. None of these issues affect the sorceress, her combos are relatively simple, and main damage bursts come from utilizing Q buff, Knocking down your target (After teleporting behind them), and following with Waves into Claws. And that's it, it is not a difficult or high skill requirement combo.

Statement and Delusion 2: Our spammable Iframe is fair and I run out of stamina fast!

Only terrible players, not even sorc players, but terrible players spam their dodge mechanics around someone they're fighting for no reason. Only terrible players use this excuse to justify their lack of resource management.

It's not even noteworthy calling players "good" because they don't spam their dodges/teleports/evades, because that is common sense. Additionally, high level sorcs, who have leveled up their breath and are using the proper gems have a large stamina pool, more than enough to teleport in land their combos, kill their target, or if failing, teleport to a safe distance and kite their targets until their stamina recovers. In short, its not difficult, its basic, so stop lying to the rest of the community that is already doing the same thing on their classes, or struggling to keep in melee.

Statement and Delusion 3: Our damage is fine and justified for being a squishy class!

Except you're not a squishy class as you're invulnerable most of the time, have abilities to escape grapples or holds, and are incredibly hard to lock down as long as you manage positioning and resources with a novice's skill (which again, every other class manages resources that are just as difficult if not more, you're nothing special here).

Compared to other classes, your damage is through the roof, absolutely and totally, lopsided. So much so, that only one other class posses any real threat to sorc in small pvp situations (Valk), but at least valk has some glaring weak points that can be taken advantage of (Low mobility, a blockable and very telegraphed stun, short range, and is susceptible to grapples).

Statement and Delusion 4: We're bad at large scale PvP!

Again, absolute nonsense. Any class, and I mean, any class that is out of position or runs stupidly into a wizard's aoe is going to get obliterated. You think you have it rough? Be any of the melee classes in that situation, and honestly, they don't have it that rough either, they just have different roles to fill. Your job should be setting up flanks, exposing flanks, protecting charges from warriors/zerkers/valks, and cutting off supply lines. All which not only vastly help large scale battles (especially so in the future of sieges), but corner opponents into small skirmishes which sorcs dominate in.

It is absolutely stunning how developers let a spammable Iframe in the game with no internal cooldown, and the fact that ascended weapons have them in the game, makes the issue more prevalent for players to abuse.

So lets be real here, you can keep spouting these lies off that sorcs are difficult, balanced, or possess high skill cap to see any of their potential, but literally no one outside the class believes that, and even members within the class don't even believe this kind of North Korean tier of Propaganda.

#inb4umadusaltyanyvariationofuncreative9gagorredditmems #inb4illogicalretortsandgeneralflamesbysaidopclassmembers

Edited by Duke_Von_Sausage
15 people like this

Posted

You know what I want? A spammable shield and enough tankiness to disregard being attacked by several people at once. Or AoE power that let's me literally wipe out entire groups of players in less than 3 seconds, possibly from 17 miles away. Or literally any grapple at all.

It's annoying that other classes can do stuff that I can't and all I can do is this sorc stuff that works well for sorcs in small scale pvp.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A spammable shield and enough tankiness to disregard being attacked by several people at once.

-By Person who has never actually played a Warrior or Valk

I'm going to guess that quote is accurate and you really don't know how much those shields actually absorb, do you? I bet you also don't know that as damage increases, shield absorption doesn't. Kind of just proving the point that sorc players really don't have any clue how good they have it.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm going to guess that quote is accurate and you really don't know how much those shields actually absorb, do you? I bet you also don't know that as damage increases, shield absorption doesn't. Kind of just proving the point that sorc players really don't have any clue how good they have it.

I've only tested vs warriors myself, and talked to a few. The shields break easily enough if they stand there and let you spam your combo into it without retaliation of any sort. I also reference this thread for people talking about how tanky they are:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/65853-vs-high-dp-warrior/

Not my words. That said, my point was more along the lines of..sorcs are good at this, other classes are good at that. You said yourself that any class caught in a wizard's AoE is going to get obliterated. Is any class caught in a sorcs AoE going to get obliterated? No, yet a wizard isn't likely to withstand attacks from several people and walk away from it alive. They trade a fair amount of survivability for overwhelming power.

A sorc needs to move fast to do damage, because most of our damage is in melee range. Without iframes we'd just die instantly to anything (because we're not a super defensive class) unless we had literally one single target to deal with, and the outcome of that would be sketchy. Without damage and cc we'd be virtually useless. So unless you're calling for a complete revamp of the class to repurpose it to be more viable in more ways than it is now, I'm not going to agree with anything you're saying. All I'm seeing is the standard whining, triggered by losing to a class 1v1 and pulling your hair out trying to figure out how you could have possibly won.

Sorcs excel at small scale pvp. Wizards and witches and rangers and berserkers dominate large scale pvp (at least I heard berserkers do, anyway). Warriors and valks soak up damage. Sorcs are there to work on deleting whatever priority target needs to be deleted (those squishy guys in the back that don't have 250 dp for the most part) while moving like crazy to avoid getting zapped in the process.

We do different ****. Why is that hard to comprehend?

I overlooked tamers. I'll admit to having little clue about that particular class.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sorc has plenty of counters. Just wait for awakenings and Valencia. You really have no clue how insignificant your whining is right now. The game changes completely.

Edited by Proto

Posted

Revision needed:

Sorceress needs nerfed.

Because I said so.

I kill you now.

- North Korean Warrior Coalition Leader

You got all sorts of stuff wrong up there get it to the editor ASAP.

Posted

I think pretty much everyone knows that the iframes are out of control. Otherwise the class is fine. 

Posted (edited)

When were sorcs supposed to run out of stamina again?

Revision needed:

Sorceress needs nerfed.

Because I said so.

I kill you now.

Never seen a person in more denial than this kid. Wow.

1 person likes this

Posted

The other sorc did run out of stamina during that video. Note the dodge roll. He's also not using stamina for a lot of his movements - he's using Darkness Released to push himself backwards for a low mana cost. This ability gives no iFrames and leaves him completely vulnerable to whatever CC the warrior may have thrown. Third, this warrior has terrible aim and low reaction time (is that you, Sausage boy?), and it looks like there's probably an imbalance in levels. Applying stupid music to a video of a guy chasing someone that's focusing solely on casually running away from a class designed to be slower than him to begin with doesn't make the opponent overpowered.

Oh, and I guess it can't be you in the video. Check the description. "This is just a joke video meant to be in good fun for a quick laugh. I am in no way saying that the sorcerer class should be nerfed, so please do not read anymore into it."

I guess your sources don't agree with you kid. Please put in more effort so that I can rate your whine/troll thread at least a solid 2/10. Right now you get nothing but chuckles from me.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

The other sorc did run out of stamina during that video. Note the dodge roll. He's also not using stamina for a lot of his movements - he's using Darkness Released to push himself backwards for a low mana cost. This ability gives no iFrames and leaves him completely vulnerable to whatever CC the warrior may have thrown. Third, this warrior has terrible aim and low reaction time (is that you, Sausage boy?), and it looks like there's probably an imbalance in levels. Applying stupid music to a video of a guy chasing someone that's focusing solely on casually running away from a class designed to be slower than him to begin with doesn't make the opponent overpowered.

Oh, and I guess it can't be you in the video. Check the description. "This is just a joke video meant to be in good fun for a quick laugh. I am in no way saying that the sorcerer class should be nerfed, so please do not read anymore into it."

I guess your sources don't agree with you kid. Please put in more effort so that I can rate your whine/troll thread at least a solid 2/10. Right now you get nothing but chuckles from me.

I'm not going to read beyond the first two sentences, because they're so asinine and ridiculous, that your posting fails any sort of logical test, and blunders right into Scientology levels of blind ignorance that are incomprehensible.

4 people like this

Posted

I'm not going to read beyond the first two sentences, because they're so asinine and ridiculous, that your posting fails any sort of logical test, and blunders right into Scientology levels of blind ignorance that are incomprehensible.

Oywgqjj.jpg

Please take it back Duke of Sausage. Pls I can't hold back these tears.

Posted (edited)

Oywgqjj.jpg

Please take it back Duke of Sausage. Pls I can't hold back these tears.

You wont when that sweet sweet reddit post falls upon the forums like a God sent and tells us that theres an internal cool down being added to Crow by 1.5 seconds.

I'm going to come back to this thread, call you out by name, and celebrate the much needed nerf that will inevitably cause you to go into a sodium fueled mental break down, cause you to spam the forums with rage posts, and then reroll to ranger.

I'm going to call it now, your last thread will be titled "GG, Sorc unplayable now".

1 person likes this

Posted

You wont when that sweet sweet reddit post falls upon the forums like a God sent, and tells us that theres an internal cool down being added to Crow by 1.5 seconds.

I'm going to come back to this thread, call you out by name, and celebrate the much needed nerf that will inevitably cause you to go into a sodium fueled mental break down,  cause spam the forums with rage posts, and then reroll to ranger.

Not really my style, but you can dream. If they actually do specifically what you've just said though, I promise to quit the game. Sound good? Now when you come back to this thread, you'll have something to look forward to. Just more unfulfilled dreams for your unfulfilling time spent as a warrior 9_9. That change would be hilarious though wouldn't it? All a warrior would have to do is wait for the first dodge from the sorc, then pour on everything (while shielding themselves from the sorcs feeble attempts to throw out a CC before they die).

You've probably been waiting for such bliss all month long, maybe even longer. Almost a shame to deny you the pleasure, but I'm afraid you'll have no choice but to try harder.

Posted

I have NEVER seen a warrior bad like this.

This are the videos people search in the deep dark hole of the internet to prove they are right lol.

You wanna know what I see? Some noob loosing and claim the enemy class was OP. Reaction like a Snail. Aiming is not there.

Timing of spells and grabs = 0.

He should better start to search the failure on himself and improve. (but calling someone OP I had no chance! is just easier is it ?)

Posted

wtf this this nonsense

Posted (edited)

Not this shit again..

Also note that the creator of that video is not claiming sorc is OP or anything of the sort.

From the video description: "This is just a joke video meant to be in good fun for a quick laugh. I am in no way saying that the sorcerer class should be nerfed, so please do not read anymore into it."

Edited by Scarflare
1 person likes this

Posted

What's with all these new accounts coming into the Sorc forum to beg for nerfs?

It is absolutely stunning how developers let a spammable Iframe in the game with no internal cooldown, and the fact that ascended weapons have them in the game, makes the issue more prevalent for players to abuse.

It costs a resource called stamina which is finite. Ascended weapons, what?

Additionally, high level sorcs, who have leveled up their breath and are using the proper gems have a large stamina pool, more than enough to teleport in land their combos, kill their target, or if failing, teleport to a safe distance and kite their targets until their stamina recovers. In short, its not difficult, its basic, so stop lying to the rest of the community that is already doing the same thing on their classes, or struggling to keep in melee.

If they can spam their dodges using the same stamina boosts Sorc does... why are they getting caught and having trouble in PvP?

Posted

I'm here to dispel both the illusions and delusions that members on this forum seem to possess about this class.

Statement and Delusion 1: Sorc is a high skill cap class and should be powerful!

Sorc is not a difficult or high skill cap class in comparison to the others. Many, many of the other classes possess more difficult combos, timing, desync issues (Grabs in general), and melee possess much more difficult times closing with their targets and getting damage to stick. None of these issues affect the sorceress, her combos are relatively simple, and main damage bursts come from utilizing Q buff, Knocking down your target (After teleporting behind them), and following with Waves into Claws. And that's it, it is not a difficult or high skill requirement combo.

Well, I guess you just proved you don't actually know how to play the class or possibly haven't even played it yourself, not in PvP anyway. Which pretty much makes your opinion invalid.

Posted

Well, I guess you just proved you don't actually know how to play the class or possibly haven't even played it yourself, not in PvP anyway. Which pretty much makes your opinion invalid.

Theres literally a post made by a 54 sorc reflecting the same thing. You baddies wont admit it, but the class is stupidly broken. No class should be able to spam iframes so easily, ascended weapons or no, and I mean, no class.

It's coming sorcs, get ready for it, because I am. I'm screen capping each one of these threads, because its going to be glorious reposting all the stupid crap you guys posted about being balanced when the day comes your class is gutted like a fish, and trust me, its not very far away.

Posted

Sorc has plenty of counters. Just wait for awakenings and Valencia. You really have no clue how insignificant your whining is right now. The game changes completely.

This ^

Revision needed:

Sorceress needs nerfed.

Because I said so.

I kill you now.

also this ^

Also: You don't see the full picture, each class has a role to fit and during the gearing phase they can be stronger than others.

For exemple the warrior is the absolute king of 1v1 in the lvl 37s-50s, then he his dps lack versus highly geared opponents, that's when he gear DP and become unkillable, his role changes in pvp at this stage.

Sorcs are strong currently in 1v1, but there are no awakening and sieges which offer a very different gameplay where others classes will shine more than others.

And please, stop linking videos of unequally geared opponents. It's lame. Like this archer with no accuracy or this sorc lvl 55+ versus lvl 49 scrubs.

Posted

Theres literally a post made by a 54 sorc reflecting the same thing. You baddies wont admit it, but the class is stupidly broken. No class should be able to spam iframes so easily, ascended weapons or no, and I mean, no class.

It's coming sorcs, get ready for it, because I am. I'm screen capping each one of these threads, because its going to be glorious reposting all the stupid crap you guys posted about being balanced when the day comes your class is gutted like a fish, and trust me, its not very far away.

Holy shit this guy need to get laid or get some sunlight ..

Posted

lmfao

Gee, I wonder where all these fresh-out-of-the-box forum accounts are coming from to cry hot tears of salty salty shame about how OP they think sorcs are. NEVER MIND that it goes completely against what everyone with experience in any version of the game has to say; these 0-post-heroes are here to tell it like it really is.

OP, you are bad and judging by this thread you have no idea how to get good. You should just get used to being bad, because even if you somehow managed to get the class that has your panties twisted nerfed, you'd still get rekt on the regular.

Deal with it.

Posted

Statement and Delusion 2: Our spammable Iframe is fair and I run out of stamina fast!

Only terrible players, not even sorc players, but terrible players spam their dodge mechanics around someone they're fighting for no reason. Only terrible players use this excuse to justify their lack of resource management.

It's not even noteworthy calling players "good" because they don't spam their dodges/teleports/evades, because that is common sense. Additionally, high level sorcs, who have leveled up their breath and are using the proper gems have a large stamina pool, more than enough to teleport in land their combos, kill their target, or if failing, teleport to a safe distance and kite their targets until their stamina recovers. In short, its not difficult, its basic, so stop lying to the rest of the community that is already doing the same thing on their classes, or struggling to keep in melee.

Statement and Delusion 3: Our damage is fine and justified for being a squishy class!

Except you're not a squishy class as you're invulnerable most of the time, have abilities to escape grapples or holds, and are incredibly hard to lock down as long as you manage positioning and resources with a novice's skill (which again, every other class manages resources that are just as difficult if not more, you're nothing special here).

Compared to other classes, your damage is through the roof, absolutely and totally, lopsided. So much so, that only one other class posses any real threat to sorc in small pvp situations (Valk), but at least valk has some glaring weak points that can be taken advantage of (Low mobility, a blockable and very telegraphed stun, short range, and is susceptible to grapples).

Statement and Delusion 4: We're bad at large scale PvP!

Again, absolute nonsense. Any class, and I mean, any class that is out of position or runs stupidly into a wizard's aoe is going to get obliterated. You think you have it rough? Be any of the melee classes in that situation, and honestly, they don't have it that rough either, they just have different roles to fill. Your job should be setting up flanks, exposing flanks, protecting charges from warriors/zerkers/valks, and cutting off supply lines. All which not only vastly help large scale battles (especially so in the future of sieges), but corner opponents into small skirmishes which sorcs dominate in.

So lets be real here, you can keep spouting these lies off that sorcs are difficult, balanced, or possess high skill cap to see any of their potential, but literally no one outside the class believes that, and even members within the class don't even believe this kind of North Korean tier of Propaganda.

#inb4umadusaltyanyvariationofuncreative9gagorredditmems #inb4illogicalretortsandgeneralflamesbysaidopclassmembers

You are an idiot and dont get that the classes in this game are designed with large scale pvp in mind ... sorc is ment to oneshot everything squishy that ventures of of the enemies main group which is an assassins role. If you cant even get that simple fact into your mind Cya go play sth else

can u please miss more of your skills ?!

Posted (edited)

Nerfing classes in response to forum whining is bad game design. Period. Full stop.

It sounds like the real issue is grabs not working the way they should, so fix that. Then if there's still a problem, give new options to the other classes to help them close the gap. Do NOT nerf Sorc or any class to bring them down.

whether it is justified nerfing or not, this will drive players away from the game. They like their character and devs can not destroy someone's play style and expect them to stick around.

That sort of balance philosophy is why I left ESO and its why many players quit many MMOs.

Edited by NordJitsu

Posted

We need to fix this thread.

1. Sorceress is not a high skill cap class, IF you use your skillbar on every skill, cause its not hard to press 1-9, but i need to remind, that skills on bar use more mana and deal less dmg, you cant be a good sorc using bar alot, if you dont use it at all, it requires very good finger memory, more than other classes.
2. every class has mechanic that provides SURVIVABLITY, whether thats a shield, a huge range and attacks not requiring you to stop moving or i frames, its mechanic as every other, shield can be abused, i frames can be abused, and movement dps can be abused, also
EVERY CLASS HAS I-frames. Learn about each class i-frames.
3. Sorceress is a squishy class, but with mechanics of avoiding cc/dmg, and every class has those mechanics, if you fight versus good players, they will find a way to cc you and dish the dps out, spammable i-frames are only overpowered versus not very skilled players, the good ones know how to fight it.
4. Sorceress is not terrible at mass pvp, but definitely doesn't excel at it. Every other class thats in game at the moment, has their role defined in gvg, sorc doesn't. its a class of opportunity, there not always is one, and you need to know where to find it to be successful in gvg, unlike other classes that just do their thing.

3 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0