• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It's time to be completely honest, Sorcs aren't high skill cap, and they're not balanced

83 posts in this topic

Posted

"her combos are relatively simple, and main damage bursts come from utilizing Q buff, Knocking down your target (After teleporting behind them), and following with Waves into Claws. And that's it, it is not a difficult or high skill requirement combo."

I'm sorry what? Wave into Claws? Just no, your post is invalid and you know nothing of the combos that a Sorc uses. That combo is weak sauce. Not even a single Dark Flame in that rotation, or Shard Explosion.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorc has plenty of counters. Just wait for awakenings and Valencia. You really have no clue how insignificant your whining is right now. The game changes completely.

Uh-oh, someone woke the Proto.

You wont when that sweet sweet reddit post falls upon the forums like a God sent and tells us that theres an internal cool down being added to Crow by 1.5 seconds.

I'm going to come back to this thread, call you out by name, and celebrate the much needed nerf that will inevitably cause you to go into a sodium fueled mental break down, cause you to spam the forums with rage posts, and then reroll to ranger.

I'm going to call it now, your last thread will be titled "GG, Sorc unplayable now".

I guess you haven't seen the new classes that are coming. 

...And you thought Sorc I-frames were bad.

Posted (edited)

...her combos are relatively simple, and main damage bursts come from utilizing Q buff, Knocking down your target (After teleporting behind them), and following with Waves into Claws. And that's it, it is not a difficult or high skill requirement combo.

Stopped here. Exit forums. I tried forums, I tried... This is why I don't come here. I'll stick to reddit.

Edited by Bearborne

Posted

tl;dr version of OP:

"I have no idea what I'm doing or talking about and no desire to learn anything about the game so please nerf sorc so I can feel like I'm doing better."

1 person likes this

Posted

My question is this - Where the hell are all the players?  I am on Edan, the most populated server and on Velia E1, the most packed channel yet I hardly see any players out in the wild now. Ran around Mediah for a bit and saw maybe a max of 10 players?  First month I saw 9018230918039813 people everywhere, now I hardly see anyone, even the old farming places - Serendia Shrine, Abandoned Monastery, Mansha, Catfish, all pretty much empty.  I am a bit worried about that.  Not that there's much group content in the game as is but seeing a healthy pop does for some reason make it more motivating to continue.  Especially when I enjoy interacting with players.

Posted

I was reading your post seriously until I saw waves into claws. Those skills suck in pvp.

Posted (edited)

Here are my experiences as a 128 AP / 155 DP sorcerer against equally geared players.

Vs Warrior/Valk : Ignore in open world PvP no one will die.

VS Tamer : Don't get hit by their Q, you will die.

Vs Ranger : If the ranger uses Q-Cancel over shotgun finish the fight fast or die

Vs Sorcerer : Play Smart, better sorc wins.

Vs. Wizard : RIP Wizard

Vs. Guild : You'll get a few kills then die from any CC. A warrior grabs you = Dead, a wizard residuals you = dead, a ranger charges his knockdown like a smart person = dead. Any CC with more than 5 people around WILL KILL you (will equally geared players). Not if a guild flags on a +15 sorc without the stats to back it up, the sorc can 1vX just because of gear scaling.

Maybe people just aren't geared but once you hit +15 all gear (Or really close) you realize that a lot of classes don't die in a single burst and can ----- your shit up just as fast as you can. I feel people complaining about sorcerers just aren't geared yet or are only dueling and not actually PvPing where potion spam matters. In any situation with a gear difference the Sorc will ultimately look very OP compared to the other classes. The way the gear scaling and game is a sorc with better gear than an enemy looks broken as ----- when in reality it's just gear difference.

Edited by JoeyDee9

Posted

I'm not going to read beyond the first two sentences, because they're so asinine and ridiculous, that your posting fails any sort of logical test, and blunders right into Scientology levels of blind ignorance that are incomprehensible.

This post here confirms hes a troll, the person. Gave reasons and a logical argument, and his response was basicly "not reading that, your wrong"

Posted

You wont when that sweet sweet reddit post falls upon the forums like a God sent and tells us that theres an internal cool down being added to Crow by 1.5 seconds.

That's like saying to put a 1.5 sec cool down on war/valk shield.  Both are needed for our classes to survive.  

Iv'e seen good warriors/valks utilize and manage their shield recharge rate the same a sorc will manage their stamina.

I guess after sorc gets nerfed, Witch/wiz will be next because their aoes one shot people.

Posted (edited)

I'm here to dispel both the illusions and delusions that members on this forum seem to possess about this class.

Statement and Delusion 1: Sorc is a high skill cap class and should be powerful!

Wave & Claws highly nerfed in PvP. Your experience limited to mobs? You begin with misinformation when trying to represent an expert in the class' skill cap.

Statement and Delusion 2: Our spammable Iframe is fair and I run out of stamina fast!

Spamming i-frame is our defense mechanic similar to holding block / evasion shot / super armor / etc.

Statement and Delusion 3: Our damage is fine and justified for being a squishy class!

Ranger and Wiz/Witch do more DPS. Ranger burst is equal at range and greater point blank. Valk burst is greater. Let's not talk about U:Blizzard. Our damage is not "through the roof" but simply top tier and not even #1. 

Statement and Delusion 4: We're bad at large scale PvP!

All other melee class have super armor to allow them sustain in the muck. We have a strong role in GvG but it's not at the front lines. Again, is your experience against mobs and you're just forum theory-crafting?

I'll admit our class is OP but it's due to the state of the current game rather than the numbers. Feel free to search my post history responding to the previous QQ troll if you want details. See arguments in quote.

Edited by Goodnews

Posted

None of these issues affect the sorceress, her combos are relatively simple, and main damage bursts come from utilizing Q buff, Knocking down your target (After teleporting behind them), and following with Waves into Claws. And that's it, it is not a difficult or high skill requirement combo.

HAHAHAH. HAHA.. HA. 

Leave.

Posted

This thread is a joke. 

And if you are that trash can warrior, the issue is on your end, not the sorcs. That guy was clowning on the warrior because he was so bad. Warriors needs buffs, which they somewhat get, but damn, that was sad. 

Id recommend a full drive wipe and never look back. 

Posted (edited)

I have fought 200+ dp warriors, it is pointless, cannot kill them. at least with 120 ap

4uvEqtc_zpsfab5fa55.png

Edited by Sikkyu

Posted

I'm here to dispel both the illusions and delusions that members on this forum seem to possess about this class.

Statement and Delusion 1: Sorc is a high skill cap class and should be powerful!

Sorc is not a difficult or high skill cap class in comparison to the others. Many, many of the other classes possess more difficult combos, timing, desync issues (Grabs in general), and melee possess much more difficult times closing with their targets and getting damage to stick. None of these issues affect the sorceress, her combos are relatively simple, and main damage bursts come from utilizing Q buff, Knocking down your target (After teleporting behind them), and following with Waves into Claws. And that's it, it is not a difficult or high skill requirement combo.

Statement and Delusion 2: Our spammable Iframe is fair and I run out of stamina fast!

Only terrible players, not even sorc players, but terrible players spam their dodge mechanics around someone they're fighting for no reason. Only terrible players use this excuse to justify their lack of resource management.

It's not even noteworthy calling players "good" because they don't spam their dodges/teleports/evades, because that is common sense. Additionally, high level sorcs, who have leveled up their breath and are using the proper gems have a large stamina pool, more than enough to teleport in land their combos, kill their target, or if failing, teleport to a safe distance and kite their targets until their stamina recovers. In short, its not difficult, its basic, so stop lying to the rest of the community that is already doing the same thing on their classes, or struggling to keep in melee.

Statement and Delusion 3: Our damage is fine and justified for being a squishy class!

Except you're not a squishy class as you're invulnerable most of the time, have abilities to escape grapples or holds, and are incredibly hard to lock down as long as you manage positioning and resources with a novice's skill (which again, every other class manages resources that are just as difficult if not more, you're nothing special here).

Compared to other classes, your damage is through the roof, absolutely and totally, lopsided. So much so, that only one other class posses any real threat to sorc in small pvp situations (Valk), but at least valk has some glaring weak points that can be taken advantage of (Low mobility, a blockable and very telegraphed stun, short range, and is susceptible to grapples).

Statement and Delusion 4: We're bad at large scale PvP!

Again, absolute nonsense. Any class, and I mean, any class that is out of position or runs stupidly into a wizard's aoe is going to get obliterated. You think you have it rough? Be any of the melee classes in that situation, and honestly, they don't have it that rough either, they just have different roles to fill. Your job should be setting up flanks, exposing flanks, protecting charges from warriors/zerkers/valks, and cutting off supply lines. All which not only vastly help large scale battles (especially so in the future of sieges), but corner opponents into small skirmishes which sorcs dominate in.

It is absolutely stunning how developers let a spammable Iframe in the game with no internal cooldown, and the fact that ascended weapons have them in the game, makes the issue more prevalent for players to abuse.

So lets be real here, you can keep spouting these lies off that sorcs are difficult, balanced, or possess high skill cap to see any of their potential, but literally no one outside the class believes that, and even members within the class don't even believe this kind of North Korean tier of Propaganda.

#inb4umadusaltyanyvariationofuncreative9gagorredditmems #inb4illogicalretortsandgeneralflamesbysaidopclassmembers

agreed 

Posted

Nonsense babycrying,

Sorc are not op or at least sorc are not above other classes.

Sorc have their + as their - so do the ARCHER, valk, war, etc.

Let's wait for Valencia and awakenings, then you can start complaining about how OP everyone is, or not.

Posted

Wizard is more difficult than sorc because sorcs can catch us.
:B

Posted

You know what I want? A spammable shield and enough tankiness to disregard being attacked by several people at once. Or AoE power that let's me literally wipe out entire groups of players in less than 3 seconds, possibly from 17 miles away. Or literally any grapple at all.

It's annoying that other classes can do stuff that I can't and all I can do is this sorc stuff that works well for sorcs in small scale pvp.

Let me guess you only "played" sorc, but you think you know what balance is right? When i say played im might be exageratting but, ya know. Anyway try keep sh1t to yourself if you are not gonna be productive. 

PS: Energy chars doesnt count ;D

Posted

Let me guess you only "played" sorc, but you think you know what balance is right? When i say played im might be exageratting but, ya know. Anyway try keep sh1t to yourself if you are not gonna be productive. 
PS: Energy chars doesnt count ;D

What? My Sorc is almost 53.

Posted

There is no MMOrpg with balanced classes, thats what an MMO is

Posted

What? My Sorc is almost 53.

It seems like Demyon is claiming you don't play Sorc and only use it as an energy battery alt. But I can't tell what the balance statement is directed at, probably everything.

But i think @Xialoh makes a good point. If Sorc iframes are nerfed what exactly are we left with? Why advantage would a Sorc now have? We would become a wet paper towel that must fight in close combat range. Our damage isn't that different than other classes. It's certainly not enough to justify no block, no defense, no ranged killing power, no grapples. or no pet. 

I've played in KR at high levels for many classes and my Valk wipes the floor with Sorcerer. Maybe the ones i went up against are bad, who's to know. I can only tell you what i know from playing both against both. Valk and Sorc play similar if you can believe that. They both aim to knockdown and crush you from about the same range. Their main knockdowns are on similar cooldowns. The combo once you're down goes to Valk for strength. Sorc has an easier time hitting you once you're down because they're typically in range of the opponent. Valkyrie has to time their knockdown well to be close enough to crush you because they have no quick little movements to close that distance. A Valk has a heal, ridiculously good block while moving, and great HP. A Sorc has iframes and speed. If you nerf those iframes, speed will not matter because any AoE will destroy us. Awakenings add new tools to every class. The classes you know now, are not the same classes to come.

A sorcerer's iframes are beatable, just like a Valk's block is beatable. Getting your timing right to hurt a Valk with their guard down is probably easier compared to a moving target like a Sorc. However, the principle is the same. It's easier to blame latency or iframes than the fact many players just can't handle a moving target. Wait until you start fighting Ninja's. OMG i don't even know where they are half the time.

TLDR: Wait for awakenings before you start crucifying classes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Of course sorc aren't difficult to play, no class in any mmo is "difficult" really. And I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree that the sorc is highly overpowered in 1v1, yet kind of a ----- in large-scale pvp.

Posted

I actually agree with OP on this one.  I like to play every class and Sorceress definitely stands out compared to the others.  Now I'm not saying she's OP or she needs nerfs, but it's so easy to tell that she has one of the best kits in the game.

Here's the thing many of you have to realize, Sorceress might be "hard", but that word is very subjective.  What's hard to some may not be hard to others.  And if you are a good, mechanical player and also make great decisions under pressure, Sorceress is definitely top-tier.

In my honest opinion, I feel like Valkyrie is so much more harder than Sorceress.  Her combos are more intricate and knowing when to go in or pull out is way more difficult because Valks don't have a large number of dashes.  Sorceresses are actually very forgiving.  I'm not sure why you guys are arguing that she's such a hard character.... she's not.

Posted

I actually agree with OP on this one.  I like to play every class and Sorceress definitely stands out compared to the others.  Now I'm not saying she's OP or she needs nerfs, but it's so easy to tell that she has one of the best kits in the game.

Here's the thing many of you have to realize, Sorceress might be "hard", but that word is very subjective.  What's hard to some may not be hard to others.  And if you are a good, mechanical player and also make great decisions under pressure, Sorceress is definitely top-tier.

In my honest opinion, I feel like Valkyrie is so much more harder than Sorceress.  Her combos are more intricate and knowing when to go in or pull out is way more difficult because Valks don't have a large number of dashes.  Sorceresses are actually very forgiving.  I'm not sure why you guys are arguing that she's such a hard character.... she's not.

lol...

"Hard is subjective... idk why you think she's hard because she's not!"

"If you're good and make great decisions, sorceress is top tier!"

Here's the thing, it takes very little effort to succeed reasonably well with some classes (witch/wiz, ranger both come to mind, I'm not sure which others would necessarily fall into this category). Against players who have even a basic understanding of what they're doing with those classes, a bad sorc will get wrecked and a mediocre sorc will struggle. Yes, if you are a GOOD sorc with GREAT reflexes as you said, you will be top tier in strictly small-scale scenarios - not unbeatable by a long shot, but certainly tough to deal with. But that's not something that just 'happens' without the sorc in question learning both their class and how to read other classes, because if you're caught outside an iframe you're probably going to die. There is no 'press q and wait for an opportunity'.

I can't comment for certain on the relative difficulty of Valkyries, but the consensus I've seen disagrees with your assessment and from what I've seen of Valkyries in action, they are plenty scary without dashes and EXTREMELY forgiving with that shield. YMMV based on your individual skill and experience.

1 person likes this

Posted

I main a 55 Warrior, and I find certain sorcs to be incredibly easy to kill, but those that are really good at their class are rewarded for out playing me, their damage isn't anything crazy if you know how to juke and land your ccs, i might have trouble landing grapple but I disagree with this post 

I've fought some of the best sorcs on the server and stood toe to toe with a 50% w/l ratio against them in 1v1s if I got out played because he was better than me I didn't cry about it on the forums, I thought about what I could have done better for next time and eventually started going positive w/l ratio against them. I think you need to stop whining your face off and learn to play the game. It's clear you're a melee class because of how you mainly mention a melees point of view in your arguments. 

Ive come to the conclusion 90% of the people that complain on the class subsections of the forums have almost zero clue on how to play their class. I called out one warrior when he was complaining his ass off about how under powered Warriors were and fought him in the Velia arena. The guy had almost zero clue on how pvp even worked in the game and was consistently saying things like "oh I didn't know kick could knock down" "oh I didn't know you blocked while using scars of dusk" "oh I didn't realize ground smash casted insanely fast at max level" 

learn to to play the game as much as that might sting you clearly have no idea. Sorc is a high skill cap character they might have a basic wombo combo but so do most other classes, have you ever fought a Valkyrie that didn't just block until he could celestial spear shield throw grapple combo you then rinse and repeat the whole fight? Or a wizard that didn't just juke until he could light the ground up to knock you down for a combo and rinse and repeat? Or a ranger that didn't kite in circles and hold space LMB A SPACE for most of the fight? Or a berserker that would sprint stomp and grapple you three times then rinse and repeat? Like I said most classes have a go to combo, you need to learn to adapt. Sorcs are in a good spot for what they do, it's not easy to juke around and not get caught especially by a good player, go watch a warrior kill a blader, it happens yet bladers are extremely mobile. 

You complain about desync like that's a problem that sorcs are to blame for because you can't grapple them, bad news, desync would be in the game even if sorcs didn't exist. Just do some research and stop sounding like an idiot 

6 people like this

Posted

This OP is bait, this is the result of some butt hurt PvP'er getting his ass handed to him/her by a Sorc and coming to the forums to whine about it. 

4 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0