• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Harpoon Fishing Information

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey there!

So the last 4 days I have been doing nothing but Harpoon Fishing. Every piece of information out there says it is not worth it, but in my testing I see that it may be possible to find hotspots just like regular fishing.

Here is some basic information on Harpoon Fishing.

You must be Professional 1 or higher.

You must have a Harpoon (These can be crafted on Ilya Island, the only difference between thin and thick rod is the uses)

You must have a fishing boat.

Harpoons can be used to find regular Fishing Hot Spots - Use Harpoon, if durability does not go down, try several more times, if it does not go down. start searching the area with a regular pole

Harpoons do not work in regular fishing Hot Spots.

You must be at a depth of 60 meters or greater (you can place a WP under you to check the depth) (there are random spots in the ocean where you can do this at 10 meters, 99% of all spots must be 60+)

The Seas far north of Ilya cannot be harpooned at all, it will not use durability and will not catch anything, ever.

You must wait for the mini game to show up, if it does not show up after a minute, check your depth and possibly move.

Fishing speed does not have an effect of speed at which you can catch fish.

It takes 10 hits to secure a fish.

All Seas have a chance to catch the Sperm Whale - Sperm Whale

Every Sea is different in the types of Blues or Yellows that may drop, some Seas do not have blues and will only have Yellows, for example Seas of Ahrmo only have Saw Sharks and Killer Whales - Saw Shark Killer Whale

Waterspouts/Typhoons are not special for Harpoons.

So far I have found 3 different types of spots for Harpoons, much like fishing hot spots I believe these need to be discovered.

*note I do not count the yellows in these figures at this time*

White Spots: 90% Whites, 10% Green

Light Green Spots: 50% Whites, 50% Greens

Heavy Green Spots: 80% Green, 20% White

Image to the map I have with locations I have confirmed that are light green or heavy green. Possible blue node as well.

Unconfirmed Blue: I was at a spot with only 6 uses left on a Harpoon, picked up 2 yellows, 2 greens, and 2 whites.

Video to those catches

Theories:

Water Depth Icon changes to Deep Waters/Sea instead of Shallow Waters, I have not found any spots where this does, need a location to test.

Luck stat plays a part of catching Yellows

Energy Invested into node to catch more Yellows

The Hot Spots are smaller in size and require you to be more precise. (half of a boat or smaller)

Pulling all junk may indicate a hot spot is near.

Having someone else drive their boat around while you attempt to cast (Believed not to work, may need further testing in green/dark green areas

Spots move, Line/Clockwise/Counter-Clockwise or even they go down at certain times and back up at the next spot (much like Epheria yellow hot spot (this spot changes due to the weather patterns)

I am posting this information because no one knows if it is really worth it. But with so few people actually going out there and using the Harpoon, how can we be sure?

A dev reply would be great but we all know that they wont reply to a thread, so we must go looking for ourselves.

If you want to watch, I am live every morning from 9am pst to about 5pm pst at Complications Twitch Channel

Edited by Complication_AtBirth
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

what image on the map am i looking for the green dots or the fish with ? on them?

and how do you check the depth? when I use WP it dosnt show the depth

Great post

Edited by Zakuro

Posted

Little Green and Light Blue dots on the left hand side of that map.

Four hours of work, 10 total yellows 1.1Mil is what they sold for (Sperm Whales were 290k each)

Inventory for 4 hours of work.

Posted

nice. think ill stick with my fishing rods. I make 1.6-3mil every 1-2h of fishing

harpooning donsnt seem that profitable

Posted

You miss the point of the post.

Posted (edited)

Hey there!

So the last 4 days I have been doing nothing but Harpoon Fishing. Every piece of information out there says it is not worth it, but in my testing I see that it may be possible to find hotspots just like regular fishing.

Here is some basic information on Harpoon Fishing.

You must be Professional 1 or higher.

You must have a Harpoon (These can be crafted on Ilya Island, the only difference between thin and thick rod is the uses)

You must have a fishing boat.

You must be at a depth of 60 meters or greater (you can place a WP under you to check the depth)

You must wait for the mini game to show up, if it does not show up after a minute, check your depth and possibly move.

Fishing speed does not have an effect of speed at which you can catch fish.

It takes 10 hits to secure a fish.

All Seas have a chance to catch the Sperm Whale - Sperm Whale

Every Sea is different in the types of Blues or Yellows that may drop, some Seas do not have blues and will only have Yellows, for example Seas of Ahrmo only have Saw Sharks and Killer Whales - Saw Shark Killer Whale

Waterspouts/Typhoons are not special for Harpoons.

So far I have found 3 different types of spots for Harpoons, much like fishing hot spots I believe these need to be discovered.

*note I do not count the yellows in these figures at this time*

White Spots: 90% Whites, 10% Green

Light Green Spots: 50% Whites, 50% Greens

Heavy Green Spots: 80% Green, 20% White

Image to the map I have with locations I have confirmed that are light green or heavy green. Possible blue node as well.

Unconfirmed Blue: I was at a spot with only 6 uses left on a Harpoon, picked up 2 yellows, 2 greens, and 2 whites.

Video to those catches

Theories:

Luck stat plays a part of catching Yellows

Energy Invested into node to catch more Yellows

The Hot Spots are smaller in size and require you to be more precise.

I am posting this information because no one knows if it is really worth it. But with so few people actually going out there and using the Harpoon, how can we be sure?

A dev reply would be great but we all know that they wont reply to a thread, so we must go looking for ourselves.

If you want to watch, I am live every morning from 9am pst to about 5pm pst at Complications Twitch Channel

where did you read that we must be at depht of 60 please?

I crafted my fishing boat last night with all 3 accessories and bonus speed . called it quepod and i wont stop until i catch some nice harpoon spot. So far no luck tho.

Edited by Epeenephrine

Posted

I didnt read, I tested the Depth. currently live right now testing more. in a green spot so people can see that there are actually "hot spots"

Posted

Ive been following his stream for several days and theres clearly a big difference in variation of fishes.

But so far theres not much more than majority greens, but who knows whats hiding in the depths!

Posted

Ive been following his stream for several days and theres clearly a big difference in variation of fishes.

But so far theres not much more than majority greens, but who knows whats hiding in the depths!

what type of fish? Ive been trying to catch something but nothing happens?

I didnt read, I tested the Depth. currently live right now testing more. in a green spot so people can see that there are actually "hot spots"

are u on edan by any chance ill go meet you?

Posted

I am on Orwen. But the greens are Flying Fish, the yellows are killer whales, saw sharks, and sperm whales. but yellows arent that common.

Mostly whites and when I hit a green spot it is mostly greens.

Posted

I am on Orwen. But the greens are Flying Fish, the yellows are killer whales, saw sharks, and sperm whales. but yellows arent that common.

Mostly whites and when I hit a green spot it is mostly greens.

how much are yellow worth? There has to be a hotspot somewhere!

Posted

Spermwhale is 175k Base

Yellows 40k+

Blues range from 20k to 60k.

Posted

Is it not possible to just go to a random spot in the sea and throw out your harpoon? (cant test myself right now im at work, just interested)

Or do you have to be on the exact spots you marked

Posted

You can go to random spots. the spot I have marked I have documented a huge increase in green catches vs just regular spots out in the sea.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How do you test the depth, you say way point, but when i right click on the map it doesn't say a depth? Thank you so much!

Okay I have found that the speared fish are larger than the normal fish you catch. Meaning that, a white speared fish sells to the trade manager for about 1.5k lets say... but with a high processing skill like me, you get about 5 - 6 dried versions out of a larger fish like that by drying it. Sell it on the market for 1.8k a piece = 6x the profit. - 35% tax

Regular green speared flounder size 38 - trade vendor = 2,400 silver dried into 7 dried flounder = 1,457 per fish piece = 10k+ silver -35% = 6,629 silver

My skills are pro 1 fish, pro 8 proc,

Size 30 Saurel = 2 dried

Size 31 Saurel = 3-4 Dried

Size 32 Saurel = 3-4 dried

Size 36 Saurel = 5-7 dried

Size 36 Flounder (green) = 5-7 dried

Size 25 greenling = 3 dried

Size 27 greenling = 3 dried

Size 30 Greenling = 4 Dried

My first trip wasn't that great I did not find one of the OP's green spots, I did though pull in 30 fish, which I processed into a little over 130 fish 

1,975 per greenling

1,785 per saurel

1,457 per flounder

total with out processing would have been ~100k

total with the processing, plus sizes = ~ 230k

No one bobber fishes in the no name places - they rely on other people's work to find the gold spots. You can make a killing doing that, finding the gold harpoon spots will be even better since i believe there will be more profit from something that can not be AFK'ed

Edited by Drakedge

Posted

I am working towards a spot now. I have new intel that is pointing me to an area, I just need to pin point it now if the information is correct.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am working towards a spot now. I have new intel that is pointing me to an area, I just need to pin point it now if the information is correct.

I really feel that harpoon fishing will be more profitable than regular fishing. We just need to find the good spots. As my data above worked out, I did make more profit for the larger fish, but that was primarily with white fish.

Posted

I wish I could get @CM_Jouska to reply to my PM or answer here if there are Harpoon Hot Spots.

Posted

Is the blue harpoon repairable?

Posted

It is not.

Posted (edited)

Could you help us @CM_Jouska ?

Edited by Nilym

Posted

I am with you! It would be awesome to get an official Response on whether or not Harpoon Hot Spots Exist. @CM_Jouska
Just to know if We should have hope or not.
About to pull my hair out here...

Posted

I agree I have spent countless hours searching for a harpooning spot. Would be nice if @CM_Jouska could confirm or denie there existence so i can stop or poor more time into this hunt!

Posted

This guy is legit.  

Posted

Bump, keep them harpoons alive. @CM_Jouska