• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Suggestion for non RNG dyes.

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Currently the dye system is almost entirely locked to the cash shop, apart from random dye boxes from a few achievement rewards and loyalty points.

The first part of my suggestion involves basic dyes. Below is a mock up of all of the dyes listed in the basic category minus the white-black spectrum and the copper colour. I think that most of these dyes and bleach should be available to everyone through an NPC shop, player crafting or using loyalty but at a more reasonable loyalty cost than the current RNG boxes.

Basic_Dyes1.thumb.png.ea7db15b29443b81a7 

For the cash shop my suggestion is that instead of selling RNG boxes that may or may not contain the colour you want (out of hundreds of possibilities), split the current dyes into palettes in a similar fashion to how they are in the picture below. When you purchase one of these colour palettes you get every colour in the palette, ideally these dyes would be permanent once purchased. Each palette would replace the current Velian/Heidelian etc. dye palettes which serve no purpose at the moment other than to make it more random as they all contain the same colours. More colour palettes could be added later if and when new dyes are added come out. These colour palettes could be bought individually or slightly cheaper as a bundle.

Premium_Dyes1.thumb.png.fd2e39829424abbb

These are of course only suggestions for how the colour palettes would be split and this would ultimately be decided by Daum and Pearl Abyss. I know this isn't a perfect solution, but I think that this would be a fairer dye system for everyone and would still allow Daum to make money from dyes.

Thanks for Reading.

Edit: As of the 17/06/2016 patch some dyes are now saleable on the market, this seems like the wrong direction to take dyes in my honest opinion.

Edited by Pev
1 person likes this

Posted

It's one thing to buy dye boxes. It's another thing to buy dye boxes and THEN have to depend on RNG on top of that.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind buying the dyes from the cash shop...   if I could buy the freaking colors I wanted.

Let us choose the colors we want to buy. And make them permanent.

If we KNOW what we are getting ahead of time, and they're account wide, more people will buy them. That's just common sense.

Let us even craft the basic dyes or buy them from an NPC.  SOMETHING.

I freaking love this game, but the dye system is terribad.  :(

5 people like this

Posted

Hello all,

Erf... I guess forums are a place to give our feed back and complains... :(

And if it helps, I give my opinion about the dye's system in the cash shop too

I would to have a color blue (Sky) Between all the palettes, there is a chance to get one...

I've bought like 20-25 boxes. I chose 3*3 random colors, 4 or 5 blue boxes and the rest in random blue

That's around 50 dyes to get a sky color

To make short, I got none of them.

To give more details, I got 80% of purple (Indigo if I remember well)

The rest was ocean's dye or something like this and always the same !

I understand a lot of thing and I'm ready to pay for something I like

I would to try and I've checked on this. That was around 15$ the test

Conclusion: I won't spend more money in NRG items

Posted

Thought I would necro my own thread in the hopes that maybe due to the new changes making some dyes saleable on the market, that suggestions like mine, might reach a wider audience (although seems most people don't read the suggestions threads anyway lol). Also if anyone could tag CM_Jouska (I am a complete forum noob I lurk but rarely post) would be much appreciated.

Posted

I second this, and I know there has been a lot of dissatisfaction with the dye system from Reddit users as well. There are a lot of reddit threads on this topic, but this one is on top of all time: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/49r3q4/remove_these_cashgrab_tactics_daum_black_desert/

Either make RNG dyes permanent, or allow us to pick the exact color we want for one time use. I'm all about appearance, and am happy to spend money on it, but the current system makes me hesitate.

Posted

It's a very interesting point that dyes are the same in multiple pallets, this affects the RNG, and is either intentionally or not, making the player less likely to get the plain dyes. Which are the more neutral colors and what I think most players hope to get.  

The remedy they came out with in the latest patch I think is 10% good and 90% bad. Adding dyes to the in game marketplace eliminates RNG, having to use real cash or a fairly large amount of loyalty points to get the dyes you can sell on the market place is dancing very close to the line of P2W. Though they took a step in the direction in eliminating a RNG dye system, I'm not sure if it's a step in the right direction.

I'm in favor of allowing high level alchemist being able to craft the dyes we see in the market place and taking those same colors out of the cash shop pallets.     

Posted

I don't mind the RNG dye system, it's rewarding to get a couple matching rare dyes and you know it's less likely to be the same colour/shine as someone else. I think maybe getting 5-10 of the same colour would be better than permanent dyes so you can dye an outfit the same colours.