• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Request]: Please give us at least 24 hours notice before Musa/Maehwa launches!

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know for whatever reason you can't/won't tell us when you plan on dropping Musa/Maehwa, either because you're afraid of missing the deadline and upsetting fans, or because you honestly don't know, or for whatever other reason...

But can a CM please confirm that you will provide at least 24 hours notice so that we can queue characters for deletion that are saving the name we want for our character?

That or remove the delete-timer with the release of the class so that we aren't stuck waiting an extra day for deletion.

This doesn't seem like an unrealistic request, and hopefully this was already the plan. Can we get someone in here to confirm that is the case?

EDIT: It occurs to me this should have been in the Suggestion section of the Forum. My apologies!

EDIT 2: We got our notice! April 20th. A little sad that they couldn't get it out for 13th maintenance, but I guess that's an extra week to devote to Dark Souls 3! (4 bosses in so far)

Edited by MXPsych
Release date announced!
19 people like this

Posted

I can unofficially confirm they will do this.

Posted

Yeah seriously, what's with you guys and throwing stuff on us without warning. The server announcement was done in an off-post Jouska made on the forums, and Mediah was announced less than a day after the patch would happen with a trailer you uploaded.

What the fresh heck is your deal with this, DAUM.

Posted

Eh, I wouldn't hold my breath

Posted

I second this notion. I have names saved for my Plum and Ninja when they are released.

4 people like this

Posted

Wait till, say, an hour after you know you will be home the day before the patch (make sure that time is also *after* when the patch will be done)

Queue your character for deletion.

If the class comes, bam! you have your name ready to go shortly.

If not, cancel your deletion or remake your placeholder.

For the record, I 110% support what you're suggesting and think Daum SHOULD do it; just suggesting a way to mitigate it if they don't.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait till, say, an hour after you know you will be home the day before the patch (make sure that time is also *after* when the patch will be done)

For the record, I 110% support what you're suggesting and think Daum SHOULD do it; just suggesting a way to mitigate it if they don't.

Yeah, that was kind of my plan for next week. The name I've reserved is pretty obscure and I've never had it taken in a game before... but leaving it open is just asking for this to be the one time someone tries it. LOL

Posted

+1 for this.

Posted (edited)

Isn't there a hold on a name for some time after you delete a character?  I thought it was only temporarily reduced during the pre-launch issues.  I can't really test it in a timely fashion..

Edited by Anemone

Posted

Isn't there a hold on a name for some time after you delete a character?  I thought it was only temporarily reduced during the pre-launch issues.  I can't really test it in a timely fashion..

afaik it hasn't changed, but I can test it a 3rd time if you'd like ;)

Posted

If I remember correctly the thing that they temporarily reduced was the timer for deleting, which they may have called a hold. During the pre-launch issues, you were able to delete a character almost instantly instead of having to wait the 24-hr cooldown.

Posted

afaik it hasn't changed, but I can test it a 3rd time if you'd like ;)

I think you're right, I'm pretty sure I was just mixing it up with the deletion time:

If I remember correctly the thing that they temporarily reduced was the timer for deleting, which they may have called a hold. During the pre-launch issues, you were able to delete a character almost instantly instead of having to wait the 24-hr cooldown.

My bad!

1 person likes this

Posted

I know for whatever reason you can't/won't tell us when you plan on dropping Musa/Maehwa, either because you're afraid of missing the deadline and upsetting fans, or because you honestly don't know, or for whatever other reason...

But can a CM please confirm that you will provide at least 24 hours notice so that we can queue characters for deletion that are saving the name we want for our character?

That or remove the delete-timer with the release of the class so that we aren't stuck waiting an extra day for deletion.

Any of those 2 things.
I have 2 placeholders, one for the Musa and the other for the Ninja.
I would like to play both of them the day they release.
Thank you very much.

1 person likes this

Posted

I second this. People really don't react well to sudden change, as shown both on here and outside of the game, whether they be good or bad. 

Posted

Any of those 2 things.I have 2 placeholders, one for the Musa and the other for the Ninja.
I would like to play both of them the day they release.
Thank you very much.

My suggestion -  delete your character with desired name 22-23 hours before mainance should end and then all you do is either you cancel your deletion (if class is not released) or you wait hour or two untill your character is deleted :) Thats what I do.

1 person likes this

Posted

^^ It is a good way to go about, but the point is.........why can't they just give us a bit of heads up before major sh:t is released?
It is not asking much.

Posted

^^ It is a good way to go about, but the point is.........why can't they just give us a bit of heads up before major sh:t is released?
It is not asking much.

We can hope this is already the plan, I would just like to get some confirmation from  @CM_Jouska or @CM_Tytyes for peace of mind.

Posted

It is not asking much.

I agree it's not asking much; but usually there's a heads up on the forums the day before patches drop if something big is coming and considering the fanfare around Blader / Plum (or whatever name they call it here) someone will prolly have the inside track at least the day before.

Dualshockers seems to have pretty good coverage of what's going on in BDO and they've "leaked" news early and been consistently on the money so I usually go to their website and look for newly published articles on BDO since there's a bit less noise as compared to the forums.

Posted

They're just going to give some vague answers again lol

but I hope they to notify us before hand :S

Posted

I know for whatever reason you can't/won't tell us when you plan on dropping Musa/Maehwa, either because  you honestly don't know

This

Posted

well you know its going to be on a wednesday because those are patch days, delete your characters on monday night.

Posted

I agree, then again I think something like this should go without saying.

Posted

You guys never know, maybe DAUM is not charge of this and PA told them not to release any information before patches are applyed to the servers.

Posted

wtb iscecream

1 person likes this

Posted

I fully support this idea but to an extent, it doesn't really matter. If releasing the content meant waiting until Saturday to provide notice verses releasing it on Friday with no notice, I'd rather they release it Friday. From the perspective of someone who needs to delete a character, either way you're waiting 24 hours to play that new character and waiting only slows down everyone else. Hell, if they had the option to release it TODAY versus waiting a week and doing a proper announcement, I'd prefer they released it today. I might have to wait to play that character but others wont and it's only a day verses a week.

I'm not worried.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0