• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

ERROR: Failed to init security

80 posts in this topic

Posted

So heres the whole story, yesterday I woke up at 5 to play the game and after I clicked the "play" button on the launcher it was giving me an xigncode error 0xE0191009 so i just kept trying to relaunch it over and over with no success. Then I restarted my computer and boom, it launched. fast forward 3 hours I get to level 16 on my wizard and log off to head to a paintball game of mine. fast forward 5 hours I come back and try to launch the game again, its giving me the same error as i stated before so I did the usual...restarted a number of times with success after I read a post someone put on my other thread regarding this issue. He was stating- 

1.      Install a PC anti-virus program, update and analyze to wipe out any malware.
2.      Delete the xmag.xem file located inside the folder that you’ve sent the xigncode.log file.
3.      Reboot your PC and launch your game. -bdo77

So I did all that with success after restarting and deleting the file multiple times. I was able to play for about an hour when my screen just froze and I had to shut my computer down. So I turn my computer back on and do it all over with no success at all for 30 minutes of trying to launch the game, I checked my firewalls, my anti-virus sytem, my files everything multiple times(yes I disabled the firewalls and my AV and tried with no success). After that I decided to submit a ticket regarding this and within 10-15 minutes I got a reply from GM Huego, we went back and forth a number of times trying everything from running file repairs, a full uninstall, and a clean boot. The only thing that has changed from him telling me to do this, is i am no longer getting the xigncode error 0xE0191009. Instead I am getting "failed to init security" now. Im stumped guys and have not received anything back from GM Huego(thanks for all the help if your reading this). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 person likes this

Posted

¯\_(ツ)_/¯I wish I could help but, I'm in the same boat too, bro. 

Posted (edited)

From what I recall from KR you actually want to delete like 3 files for xigncode errors, I can't recall the file names but you can tell from time stamps on the files all should be same date with 3 having a date of the game running. you want to delete from both your 1 & 2 folders for either 32 or 64 bit.

Edit:

Just checked clean install and only 2 files are x3.xem and xnina.xem for 32-bit and x3.xem, xnina.xem, xcorona.xem, and xcorona_x64.xem for 64-bit
Try deleting or moving anything other than those and launching

Edited by LokiReborn

Posted (edited)

From what I recall from KR you actually want to delete like 3 files for xigncode errors, I can't recall the file names but you can tell from time stamps on the files all should be same date with 3 having a date of the game running. you want to delete from both your 1 & 2 folders for either 32 or 64 bit.

Edit:

Just checked clean install and only 2 files are x3.xem and xnina.xem for 32-bit and x3.xem, xnina.xem, xcorona.xem, and xcorona_x64.xem for 64-bit
Try deleting or moving anything other than those and launching

Right, so I check it out, I have the 64-bit and in the 2 folder there is an extra file named "xcoronahost.xem" I've tried multiple times to remove/delete it but I check it again and again and it keeps ending up right back in there. How do I kill something which cannot be killed? 

God, trifling I tell ya.

Edited by InverseRadish
Got it to work: turned off windows defender (wow im stupid)

Posted

Me too... I'm getting "Failed to init security".. is there a fix to this? 

Please help.

Okay, found a fix from another forum. This post is from another user on that forum. Check it out.. this worked for me.

sol.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

¯\_(ツ)_/¯I wish I could help but, I'm in the same boat too, bro. 

By any chance are you using Kaspersky as your AV?

BREAK THROUGH- alright so I tried what ecstasy said and I did that before and still didnt work. I said ----- it and ill do it again and magically it works now. will it work again when I log off and try to launch the game again....to be continued :S

Now Im getting errorr 0xE0190108- corrupted or missing Xigncode file(s)

Posted

By any chance are you using Kaspersky as your AV?

BREAK THROUGH- alright so I tried what ecstasy said and I did that before and still didnt work. I said ----- it and ill do it again and magically it works now. will it work again when I log off and try to launch the game again....to be continued :S

I do not sorry, in fact I have no AV in the first place. living life in the danger zone~

I wish you luck and may your struggles cease!

Posted

It magically works now. Have not had any error in the 5 times ive launched the game.

Posted

Me too... I'm getting "Failed to init security".. is there a fix to this? 

Please help.

Okay, found a fix from another forum. This post is from another user on that forum. Check it out.. this worked for me.

sol.jpg

Helped me :D -> Win 10 after clean install!!! 

Posted

Helped me :D -> Win 10 after clean install!!! 

Glad :)

Posted

Hi, yesterday i bought BDO and i got problem with "Failed to init security" after i click "Play". I wrote to the support team since yesterday but we cant find solution. If anyone of you knows how to solve the problem please answer. I tried: run as administrator, turn off programs and firewall, deleting games, change anti-virus (from Avast to ESET), scanning system ... 

Posted

Same here. Pretty much tried out everything I could find online, tried uninstalling and reinstalling. 

Posted

I have the same issue and at this point I am hoping a future patch fixes the error. As of now I have yet to hear back from a ticket or have any luck with disabling firewalls or making exceptions for the antihax. 

Posted

I am consistently getting this error since end of maintenance 4/6.  I cannot open the game.  My computer hardware/software has not changed in months other than to download the game march 5.

I have researched the error on the forums, on Reddit, and on Google.  I have tried all of the suggested fixes.  *None* work.

I'd like to get into the game, please.  Have done a full delete and am re-installing as a desperation measure.

Posted

Go to your Black Desert Online folder.. find version.dat file change to versionold.dat and see what happeneds after everything is rechecked.

Posted (edited)

Ticket# 123561 

I'll give the short version of everything:

Friend gave me a 7 day guest pass to try out the game, during the 7 days, I had no problems whatsoever. Everything was great. Come the 7th day, we had a patch, so I patched up and bought the game. Since then, after clicking "Play", the Xigncode3 window pops up in the bottom right corner, loads around 1/10th of the way and kicks me out with a "Failed to init security" message.

PC Specs:

Windows 7

Processor: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5GHz

8192MB RAM

AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

1TB Harddrive (400~GB remaining)

What I've already tried:

Restarting PC and internet connection.

Turning off all firewalls and anti virus software.

Running in admin mode as well as compatibility for every Windows system it has to try (has doing that ever worked for anyone in any program?)

Deleting xmag.xem (this does let the xingcode3 window load to around half way before kicking me out)

Repairing the client two different ways, first being what I read online which is to change version.dat to versionold.dat and the other, which was suggested by Huego, changing version.dat to filecheck.config.

Made sure all drivers were updated.

Closed every process not essential to keeping my PC running

Reinstalled the entire game (took me around 16 hours to do :(  )

And spent a good 30 hours researching this, trying to get it fixed.

And I am now completely out of ideas. At this point, it's not even about playing the game but figuring out what went wrong from the time I bought the game to the time I clicked "Play".

Huego has been helping me via the ticket system and I assume he's off for the weekend, so I throw this to the community. Anyone have anymore ideas I could try?

I do appreciate it.

Edited by Ungarminh

Posted

Anyone else having this problem?

Posted

I have same problem, too. Tried everything what he listed... The difference is only the Xigncode3 on the bottom of the screen, doesn't even come up. I played 2 hours ago with no problems, dced and now I cannot even get in the game! I am guild leader and node wars going to come in the game in 2 days!! Help

Posted

im having the same issue and tried all the same!! whats going on! please help us GM!9

i like how #gm wont even answer

Posted

I have the same problem as well. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in the beta?

Not like we had to give money to play a buggy game, right? (':

Posted

i paid for the max pack and cant even play

Posted (edited)

Yep, since the new patch I no longer can play the game. Same error as OP. Every, single, suggestions on the web does not work.

I even did a full re-install of Windows 10 which wasn't even a suggestion. No luck. Glad this game isn't monthly sub. There would be a massive riot

Sadly this problem goes all the way back to 2014 and through 2015 and now up to 2016. Daum has never once replied to the issue and not once provided a fix.

Literally, game over. I had plans on quitting anyway. Tamer's get shafted so much and fail stacks and losing accessories is WAY too punishing on players.

What this means is once you have this problem you will never be able to get back into the game. Really sad how these lazy Koreans develop games. Zero standards

Edited by MagLight

Posted

i don't want to give up! so much time and money spent on this game they better fix this bs

Posted

Go to your Black Desert Online folder.. find version.dat file change to versionold.dat and see what happeneds after everything is rechecked.

did this and no luck

Posted

I bought the game today and I have the same problem, so far i have try everything listed above and other stuff. Have any of you been able to play if not what did you guys did?