• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Poll: How many unsolicited PvP deaths have you had since hitting 45+

How many unsolicited PvP deaths have you had since hitting 45+   287 votes

1. 1. How many times have you died from PvP since leveling beyond lvl 45?

• 0 - 4
    • 5 - 10
    • 11 - 15
    • I get killed all the time and lost count
    • I dunno, I'm usually the one doing the killing

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm curious to learn how people are actually affected by the open world PvP in this game.  Personally I've been killed twice while leveling from 45 to 50 and once after 50.  This seems like an awfully low level of PvP compared to how much I've been seeing posted on the forums concerning the anti-PvP and pro-PvP I've been seeing.  So the poll is pretty simple.  Mostly I am curious about the players who are PK'd when they are just out grinding or otherwise minding their own business.  And please feel free to add your PvP stories below whether they turned out to be good or bad experiences.

Posted

level 52 and level 50, So far my 52 has yet to be ganked, my 50 was killed for a spot twice (bot times pre-50)

Posted

I'll let you know if I ever get to 45.

6 people like this

Posted

Died 2 times so far but I've had a couple dozen duels, mostly stalemates or retreats since I'm a warrior so I can outrun anything while tanking unless they're 5v1ing or something. Eggcancer and >escape command make it near impossible to kill people though.

Posted

All I do is chill in towns and play the single player crafting game. No pvp worries. :D

Posted

I'm curious to learn how people are actually affected by the open world PvP in this game.  Personally I've been killed twice while leveling from 45 to 50 and once after 50.  This seems like an awfully low level of PvP compared to how much I've been seeing posted on the forums concerning the anti-PvP and pro-PvP I've been seeing.

Maybe your poll should ask how often ppl where attacked. it would sound more accurate ( since you can still run away.. + pot spam.. etc )

>escape command make it near impossible to kill people though.

Wasnt they supposed to remove the escape command to only be able to use the one in the menu ?

Posted

since 45....jeez ive been in so much pvp since then ive lost count, and cant win them all.

Posted

Maybe your poll should ask how often ppl where attacked. it would sound more accurate ( since you can still run away.. + pot spam.. etc )

Wasnt they supposed to remove the escape command to only be able to use the one in the menu ?

Yep. Done two patches ago.

Posted

0, but I tend to stay on the lower channels; in addition, past PVP MMO experiences trained me in such a way that I am pretty decent at avoiding leaving myself in a situation where I can be attacked or ganked easily while grinding. I will admit that the posts on these forums had me expecting to be ganked 24/7 though.

Posted

I think 6 or 7 times. I lost all of them. My ranger isn't really geared though since I'm waiting for the other classes to come out.

Posted

Two or three times. Not much of a problem really. Maybe I'm lucky

Posted

I've been killed 0 times might be because I group up with guild mates to avoid getting killed

Posted

I find the prey to predator ratio more interesting.  Only 12% predator, I expected much higher numbers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, but it can be done in under 1 second even in combat. Just press Esc key and click the square.

Posted (edited)

5 or 6 times i got ganked , mostly from 2-3 players from the same guild , it never happend  when i met someone on its own ( the most are friendly and even agree to party up or you come to a silent agreement to not get in each others way ... treat others as you want to be treated etc. ) , ... but when i got ganked that normally resulted in a  War declared by my Guild to theirs , which in most times means i have my farming spot back in very short time ^^ ... having the correct Guild Tag is the better Ghillie Suit and its free ^^

Edited by Arakay

Posted

Big fat zero. Never been attacked, have been grinding in all the prominent, recommended areas since well before 45.

Posted

Unsolicited meaning pk'd, right? Not many at all. Theres a dissapointing amount of pks around atm. We need velia so they can thrive and this game can feel a bit more dangerous

Posted

Currently level 50 and no death as of yet. My friend died once while I was just under 45 and I couldn't help him. :(

Posted

If you cant win. Just get used to V..

Posted

Unsolicited meaning pk'd, right? Not many at all. Theres a dissapointing amount of pks around atm. We need velia so they can thrive and this game can feel a bit more dangerous

Yeah.  I figure if it's a GvG kill, or something where the attack was provoked somehow that's a whole different story.  My experience so far that very little PvP in the form of PK's actually happens in this game, yet the outcry on the forums petitioning for a PvE only server seemed to suggest otherwise.  I think that this poll is showing that most people are worried about how they perceive PvP to exist in this game, not how it actually is.

Posted

Bout tree fiddy

Posted

4 times total pre 50 none 50+

Posted

I have no lvl 45 yet, so I can't tell. :)

0714592e262ee8d771939feba4439ba165b5179f

Posted (edited)

I don't think so.  I'm curious about actual deaths since those are the situations where anything negative has happened.  If you manage to escape the kill, then I'd say you have come out even and the experience wouldn't be counted as so negative.

My goal here is to measure not so much PvP activity as a whole, but to count the aspect that most people seem to be so concerned about which is being killed by another player.

Edited by JaktNova

Posted

You probably won't get ganked or killed nearly as much as you did in AA or L2, if my personal experiences are mirrored by others. If you are alert you can just avoid randoms or potion up after a sneak attack. So no deaths so far, a few unsolicited attacks but that's it. Some people run if you don't die in the first hit. In other cases I was the one that ran *chuckles*

Seen lots of PvP deathsat the fishing spots (mostly against AFK) and a bit of PvP at world bosses. At a world boss that fair game though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0