• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Poll: How many unsolicited PvP deaths have you had since hitting 45+

How many unsolicited PvP deaths have you had since hitting 45+   287 votes

1. 1. How many times have you died from PvP since leveling beyond lvl 45?

• 0 - 4
    • 5 - 10
    • 11 - 15
    • I get killed all the time and lost count
    • I dunno, I'm usually the one doing the killing

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Every time I See threads like this, I vow to kill 20 players each when I get home.

You're your own doing form PK for me.

Edited by War

Posted

the single pvp death i had was due to a gvg.  i was under-leveled compared to my opponent.

Posted

1 outta 2 50s really need to get over the pk ptsd

Posted

Every time I See threads like this, I vow to kill 20 players each when I get home.

You're your own doing form PK for me.

Most people who post this kind of nonsense are either getting PvP'd at school or at work :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Been "randomly" PK'd ~10-20 times.
"Randomly" PK others 5+ times per day to defend my spot, mobs or allies.
GvG deaths 50+
GvG kills 300+

unsolicited deaths - 0

currently lvl 56

Edited by AngelofAwe

Posted

Since there is no unsolicited deaths having chosen to buy and play a game with open world PvP, zero.

Whatever deaths I had were fully solicited, as were the kills.

Posted

I'm curious to learn how people are actually affected by the open world PvP in this game.  Personally I've been killed twice while leveling from 45 to 50 and once after 50.  This seems like an awfully low level of PvP compared to how much I've been seeing posted on the forums concerning the anti-PvP and pro-PvP I've been seeing.  So the poll is pretty simple.  Mostly I am curious about the players who are PK'd when they are just out grinding or otherwise minding their own business.  And please feel free to add your PvP stories below whether they turned out to be good or bad experiences.

I had a guy virtually 1-shot me 30 times in a row the other night as I was trying to finish my first Black Spirit daily quest so I could go to bed a day or so after hitting 50. He just started randomly attacking me right after I arrived at the mansha's for the quest (I assume he was farming for an ogre ring).

I'd pop an Elion's Tear and run and he'd just kept following me killing me over and over. An hour later I made it back to town after he said whispered me saying he'd leave me alone and started heading back to Heidel when he ganked me off my horse again. GG

It is what it is, it took $15 for me to realize how absurd the gear/level gap in this game is and how you're pretty helpless to stop random people from *trying* to troll you. 

Beyond that I had another play try to PK me while I was grinding who was similarly geared and I fought him to a standstill until he realized he couldn't kill me and ran away.

That's about the extent of my PvP at this point.

Posted

I'm 53 and I haven't been killed by many players. I've never felt the need to flag up on anyone yet, I'm pretty good at watching the map and moving away quickly when a white square comes near me

Posted

Iirc, I've only been attacked twice - only one of those ended in my death.
Once was from some cheeky little sh*t who came up to a friend and I while we were semi-afk autopathing to Altinova - they attacked us with a horse skill (one of the chops or kicks) and tried to run off. He didn't find it nearly as funny when I insta-cast Dream of Doom, killed his horse and downed him shortly after.
Second was from a ranger while farming skeletons. They got too close, grabbed some of my mobs, thus I lobbed a warning DoD into their mobs. So they waited until I'd started my next pull, killed me, and then ran like a little b*tch when I spawned at the node less than twenty seconds away from the grind spot, flagged and ran at them.

If you stay away from the major channels (Velia 01, Balenos 01 and the like) then you're usually pretty safe, especially if you've got any pieces of +15. Then the people you find on the lower channels who take pot shots at you crumble pretty quickly when you turn on them.

Posted

It would be interesting if you added NA or EU to the poll. Most mother Theresa comments I see come from NA and the opposite. I play in Europe and get a minimum of 1 a day. Mostly in places of interest like the skeleton zone, abandoned monastery, helm, and those places where you need to go every day to get dailies done. I've only managed to survive 1 attack xD sorc couldn't kill my undergeared warrior for a second attempt and called a hunter friend. Gave me time to run to Behr. Playing in group didn't help either. We lost 3 - 1 to sum ----- who wanted the calpheon temple elites for herself. Went through us like a knife through butter. 

A bit on and off topic. I have seen wagons that I can hit, and wagons I can't hit. I thought the wagons I could hit belonged to red named players. But the last wagon I was releasing my stress on turned out to belong to a nice and understanding blue named girl. SO....anyone knows how that works?

Posted

Maybe your poll should ask how often ppl where attacked. it would sound more accurate ( since you can still run away.. + pot spam.. etc )

Wasnt they supposed to remove the escape command to only be able to use the one in the menu ?

people mcro it.

Posted

people mcro it.

But you cant use that anymore

Posted

But you cant use that anymore

ppl always find ways around i guess

Posted (edited)

5-10 times but they have all been when fishing in some of the further out islands. Usually leave my armor and weapons in storage so nothing much I can do about it. I just just keep returning to the fishing spot until the person gets bored of killing me and swims off.

Edited by Kema

Posted (edited)

I haven't been killed unfairly by a Flagged up player yet... all of my deaths are because my guild is always at the Declaration Cap  (not even lying)

I've Always been warned to leave if I accidentally wander into a super-Geared Bnat-Tier player's personal space

Edited by iller

Posted

Only a couple total. I've instigated many more but those I don't count since it was my fault the fights occurred.

I think a lot of the people that are complaining are exaggerating. But most of the time, those people that will complain will also be the same people that think getting PK'd one time is too many and unacceptable.

Posted

Had exactly 2 deaths due to unsolicited pvp. Both times I may have deserved it because I encroached on a guild grinding spot. Been attacked unsolicited a few more times but as a war I just turtled until they gave up because I knew I couldn't do enough dmg solo to kill them.

Posted

ppl always find ways around i guess

that's strange if its still possible;

But that wasnt my point tho.

That poll show nothing. It should have asked how many time you were attacked. Since with spam pot / run away guess you can avoid many fight tho.

Posted

How many times have I been killed for absolutely no reason?

ZERO

How many times have I been flagged up on for invading a groups leveling area?

Multiple times.  Which is perfectly fine by me.

Posted

I've Always been warned to leave if I accidentally wander into a super-Geared Bnat-Tier player's personal space

ᕕ(⌐■_■)ᕗ ♪♬ Bnat Teir

Posted (edited)

Once when I was afk. But mostly if I mind my own business nobody attacks me, even when in guildwar. Maybe they know im a worthless opponent since I suck at PvP :P

Edited by Knoote

Posted

@ OP Post 50, you will most likely discover that people mature and realize that group grinding is better for xp and protection and there is typically less ganking and generally less salt when being ganked.

Its slowly becoming common sense that you may have to compete for your right to the grind spot. If you haven't already, you will have to start killing too. 

Posted

Only one. Any other PvP related death was due to GvG.

Posted

No Death so far, got attacked once during a GvG while grinding but we couldn't kill each other (I'm a DP Warrior, opponent was a Valk), so maybe I'm lucky :)

Posted

@ OP Post 50, you will most likely discover that people mature

Thanks for the laugh I guess. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0