• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1v1 vs Ranger AAR

15 posts in this topic

Posted

I dueled a ranger for over an hour yesterday and I have to say it was eye opening. Randomly running around Hediel, I admit I didn't know where the arena was, I found it and my dueling partner sitting all alone just waiting for a fight.

We fought many times, always resetting and starting from full, no pots and to be blunt, I got destroyed. Over and over, like 20+ losses in a row. Burning through stamina without discipline I was super dead, SUPER dead as soon as stamina was gone. Sure I could do damage but never quite enough, not capitalizing on a downed enemy was almost an instant loss. I later learned that we were almost equal geared. rng(119/145 lvl 53), me(120/134 lvl 52).

So I switched it up, I started relying on midnight stinger due to the short reset as I seemed to run out of stamina and this helped avoid that. I tried to limit the amount of rushing crow as I would eat a bunch of hits when I used it without heed. I also started using DoD, I think that was the biggest change. I hardly use DoD while grinding and dropping it with shard explosion is defiantly a game changer. Breaking the shitty pve habits can be... difficult.

I started paying attention to the movements of the ranger a lot more as he liked to joust, run at me then past and leave me hanging and I was too slow to react. I got a little better and holding back just enough to save my stamina. Just being a little more efficient with my teleports and not overreaching.

So putting it all together was able to come up with a a better then 50% win rate over the last 10 or so matches.

Awesome.

I would like to incorporate pains of agony and shadow eruption as I think they have a lot to offer at some point as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly don't know why a lot of sorcerers have trouble with Rangers, it's honestly the easiest class for myself personally to beat. Have yet to lose a 1v1 to a Ranger. Just have to get them on the floor and they're dead and iframe every single arrow they attempt to hit you with.

Posted

Honestly don't know why a lot of sorcerers have trouble with Rangers, it's honestly the easiest class for myself personally to beat. Have yet to lose a 1v1 to a Ranger. Just have to get them on the floor and they're dead and iframe every single arrow they attempt to hit you with.

clearly you are a god among the plebs, please teach us your ways oh great one.

Posted (edited)

I dueled my ranger friend and it was pretty evened out.  We both won/lost same number of times.  Like you said, one thing I started to use a lot was midnight stinger and rushing crow which causes knockdown.  But yeah, once you get them on the ground you pretty much tear through them.

One thing I came to realize is the constant barrage of damage.  I don't think a second passed where he wasn't shooting me with something.  Some attacks didn't do much damage while others hurt.  So managing night crow usage is crucial.  I think a lot of sorcs get overwhelmed because ranger is constantly attacking 24/7 and we start to panic and blow our stamina within the first 5-8sec of the fight. 

Edit:  Shadow Eruption is amazing!  I try to time it after they do there dodge jump thing.  Don't forget the range on that thing.  It's a lot further then what the animation makes it look.

Edited by Seca
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I see fights Vs Rangers as if it was an FPS game. The first to land a cc (headshot) wins. I warp only trough shotguns as the rest of the dmg is pretty tankable and easily avoidable by simply moving the good ol fashion way. I also find most rangers to be terrible at aiming and rely for 90% of their damage to the frontal cone they have. Try to focus on keeping yourself to their side , just like you blow very fast your stamina,  so do they , even faster then you when they are under pressure .

Start out defensively by baiting their dmg and set them up for a quick DoD into headshot.

Nice that you found someone with equal gear and only 1 level difference to ''practice'' with ;)

Edited by PK
1 person likes this

Posted

I dueled my ranger friend and it was pretty evened out.  We both won/lost same number of times.  Like you said, one thing I started to use a lot was midnight stinger and rushing crow which causes knockdown.  But yeah, once you get them on the ground you pretty much tear through them.

One thing I came to realize is the constant barrage of damage.  I don't think a second passed where he wasn't shooting me with something.  Some attacks didn't do much damage while others hurt.  So managing night crow usage is crucial.  I think a lot of sorcs get overwhelmed because ranger is constantly attacking 24/7 and we start to panic and blow our stamina within the first 5-8sec of the fight. 

This is a good point, the massive amount of incoming fire is intense. I definitely was feeling overwhelmed at the start and got used it as it processed.

Posted

I see fights Vs Rangers as if it was an FPS game. The first to land a cc (headshot) wins. I warp only trough shotguns as the rest of the dmg is pretty tankable and easily avoidable by simply moving the good ol fashion way. I also find most rangers to be terrible at aiming and rely for 90% of their damage to the frontal cone they have. Try to focus on keeping yourself to their side , just like you blow very fast your stamina,  so do they , even faster then you when they are under pressure .

Start out defensively by baiting their dmg and set them up for a quick DoD into headshot.

Nice that you found someone with equal gear and only 1 level difference to ''practice'' with ;)

DoD won most of my duels.. range KD is too good.  I'm not sure if most rangers fight like this but I noticed the they move in a circular pattern.  May be due to their skills forcing them to move left or right, not sure but it got easier to predict the movements. Staying to their side seemed to make them adjust their angle which gives us a opening.  I'll have to find that balance of putting on pressure and playing defensively.

I think they were a couple of rounds where we killed each other at the same time.  Headshots flying everywhere lol

Posted

yep yep. see. very different tactics against all classes. thats why i love the combat.

Basically, zigzag untill you get to midrange, then KAMEHAMEHA, animation cancel the KAMEHAMEHA with ultimate slapslapslap or the OMG IFRAMEOPEVASIONNERFPLS and then do drunk face smash move to get them below 50 percent and bait out the health pot. Finally zoomslash to avoid inevitable shotgun or umbrella arrow jumpy thing. and catch em with a boomboomboom. fight ova.

atleast thats what i try to do

Posted

DoD won most of my duels.. range KD is too good.  I'm not sure if most rangers fight like this but I noticed the they move in a circular pattern.  May be due to their skills forcing them to move left or right, not sure but it got easier to predict the movements. Staying to their side seemed to make them adjust their angle which gives us a opening.  I'll have to find that balance of putting on pressure and playing defensively.

I think they were a couple of rounds where we killed each other at the same time.  Headshots flying everywhere lol

Yes, the rangers are forced to move always the same way, we can port where and how we please, they move left/right exactly the same distance each arrow. Becomes pretty predictable until u find a ranger that can camera turn then you'll need to do some adjustments but you'll fine one of this rangers in between 100.000 that will have the skill and knowledge to do it properly in pvp. The majority tries to kite around in circles and always to their right as Q canceling to the left requires to bend your fingers in an annatural way for most players :D . Some funny stuff ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, the rangers are forced to move always the same way, we can port where and how we please, they move left/right exactly the same distance each arrow. Becomes pretty predictable until u find a ranger that can camera turn then you'll need to do some adjustments but you'll fine one of this rangers in between 100.000 that will have the skill and knowledge to do it properly in pvp. The majority tries to kite around in circles and always to their right as Q canceling to the left requires to bend your fingers in an annatural way for most players :D . Some funny stuff ;)

I'll watch for the right strafing and favor intercepting that side next. thanks for the tip.

Posted

dark flame>midnight stinger>darkflame

block damage with first, cancel ani and get in range with ms, then kd + damage darkflame / block some more if u miss.

dont even need to rely on DoD for kd if u manage dark flame better for blocks

Posted

in duels with no potions, i have a 90% win rate vs all but the best of valkyries, that usually becomes like 50/50 or 60/40

Posted

As a Ranger I never have problems with Sorcs. Good luck getting me on the ground. 

Posted

in duels with no potions, i have a 90% win rate vs all but the best of valkyries, that usually becomes like 50/50 or 60/40

As a Ranger I never have problems with Sorcs. Good luck getting me on the ground. 

both you giant epeen owners should swordfight. sees who qq's first.

Posted

Come Croxus and 1v1. :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0