• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

toggle other players' characters on/off

20 posts in this topic

Posted

please add an option in the settings that looks like this:

[  ] Hide all other player characters EXCEPT:

[  ] Party members
[  ] Guild Members
[  ] Friends
[ Enter family names that you do not want to hide ]

*** Players that are Hostile and/or negative karma will not be hidden. This includes players flagged for pvp, and enemy guild members. ***

This could optimize the open world boss fights and make it not a 6 fps slideshow, and from there we can give feedback on actual boss mechanics because we will be able to see what is actually happening inside the boss room. Also, please remove player collision from ALL *non hostile players*. keep collision present for flagged players, enemy guild. When this is done we can actually make progress! Perhaps. Yes?

Posted (edited)

They've done this already. It's called 'Skyrim'. Go play that.

Or, don't play on a potato. I play 2560x1440 at 40fps with 100people in Kzarka.

Edited by Toldorn

Posted

Ctrl+u helps a lot but sacrifices your ui

Posted

Or, don't play on a potato. I play 2560x1440 at 40fps with 100people in Kzarka.

i'm sure the majority of people that play this game have $2500 skynet computers that can handle this and i'm just uninformed.

Ctrl+u helps a lot but sacrifices your ui

i need to see my hp and mana, the only way to tell if i'm using moves is if my mana is going down and back up, since i can't see my character through the swarm of people

Posted

Or, don't play on a potato. I play 2560x1440 at 40fps with 100people in Kzarka

Oh yeah. What are your specs? I'm very curious because it's a widely known issue that no matter your set up, kzarka lags a lot. Also, how you gonna tell people not to play on a potato when you have apparently some un-earthly God computer that doesn't lag at zkarka. There are thousands of players that have high-end, gaming set ups, that can handle anything they put at it 60 FPS easy, and still lag on Kzarka, so do your research before waving your waste of money 10k desktop for playing video games e-peen around.

Posted

I dont lag at the kzarka fight. lol

I dont have a 10k setup either.

I just know to turn my settings down alil when i get there.

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah. What are your specs? I'm very curious because it's a widely known issue that no matter your set up, kzarka lags a lot. Also, how you gonna tell people not to play on a potato when you have apparently some un-earthly God computer that doesn't lag at zkarka. There are thousands of players that have high-end, gaming set ups, that can handle anything they put at it 60 FPS easy, and still lag on Kzarka, so do your research before waving your waste of money 10k desktop for playing video games e-peen around.

since you asked...

http://s24.postimg.org/grbzavccl/IMAG0302.jpg

http://s22.postimg.org/i12tcla0h/IMAG0304.jpg

CPU - Intel 6700k i7 at 4.4 Ghz
Mobo - ASRock Extreme 7+ z170
Memory - 32gig Ripjaw DDR4
HDD - Samsung SM951 512GB AHCI M.2 
Gfx - 2x GTX780 TI's in SLI

Case - Custom in-desk housing
Monitors - 3x 27" Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 panels (debezeled)
CPU Cooler - Corsair i90liquid cooler
HDD extras - 12tb total storage of mixed SSD's and HDDs.

Keyboard - tesoro lobera spectrum
Mouse - Logitech g700s
Chair - DXracing K-series in orange...
HOTAS - Saitek X-55

Edited by Toldorn

Posted

I think we found the reason this guy doesn't lag on kzarka

4 people like this

Posted

I dont lag at the kzarka fight. lol

I dont have a 10k setup either.

I just know to turn my settings down alil when i get there.

i have a 970 gpu and get about 5 fps at the kzarka when people show up with settings on optimization mode and low textures

since you asked...

Mobo - ASRock Extreme 7+ x170

Mouse - Logitech g700s
HOTAS - Saitek X-55

oh is that all we need to be able to play this game at 40 fps? i'll get right on that!

Posted

since you asked...

Mobo - ASRock Extreme 7+ z170

Mouse - Logitech g700s
HOTAS - Saitek X-55

real talk that's actually pretty sick. BUT, either way, as a developer you want to have as many people playing your game as possible, that means optimizing it for a range of computer types. I'm low key jealous to be honest, but lol all that and you still don't get 60fps. wtf

Posted (edited)

I think we found the reason this guy doesn't lag on kzarka

sorry. just copy/pasted from a notepad file.

I'm low key jealous to be honest, but lol all that and you still don't get 60fps. wtf

i know right. fml.

Edited by Toldorn

Posted

sorry. just copy/pasted from a notepad file.

I'm just joking around, it's all cool, anyways it's a sweet setup you got there, but you can't really expect everyone to be on par with that

Posted

turning off other players names helps a lot 

Posted

this is a troll thread right?

Posted

turning off other players names helps a lot 

still can't see my characters animations, also doesn't help that much

this is a troll thread right?

no

Posted

still can't see my characters animations, also doesn't help that much

no

he forgot to add removing white squares showing other players on the minimap then, that would also help with lag

10/10

Posted

You play an MMO. If you want to play a single player game without having to deal with other players in your world, play something else.

I can run with an option to hide horses just fine, but I can not get behind an option to hide players. If your computer can't handle it, buy some RAM for $30 and set your setting to lowest.

Posted

Beeing able to at least hide all horses & donkey & car & so in town would be VERY nice !

Posted

he forgot to add removing white squares showing other players on the minimap then, that would also help with lag

10/10

I really don't see what you're trying to say? Have you tried the boss fight yet? Were you able to do it comfortably? Because when 15 Entire, full, whole guilds show up to 1 room it becomes very laggy 

You play an MMO. If you want to play a single player game without having to deal with other players in your world, play something else.

I can run with an option to hide horses just fine, but I can not get behind an option to hide players. If your computer can't handle it, buy some RAM for $30 and set your setting to lowest.

I play an MMO. I PLAY, an MMO. What I DONT PLAY, Is 1 fps slideshows of 500+ people in one room. I'm asking for the ability to PLAY the game

if this was an option, you could choose to not use it. It would not affect you in the slightest, so why would it be a bad idea again if it lets people actually play the game?

Posted

I really don't see what you're trying to say? Have you tried the boss fight yet? Were you able to do it comfortably? Because when 15 Entire, full, whole guilds show up to 1 room it becomes very laggy 

I play an MMO. I PLAY, an MMO. What I DONT PLAY, Is 1 fps slideshows of 500+ people in one room. I'm asking for the ability to PLAY the game

if this was an option, you could choose to not use it. It would not affect you in the slightest, so why would it be a bad idea again if it lets people actually play the game?

I understand why it's frustrating for you but games do have minimum system requirements. Are you meeting those? Exceeding those? If you are barely meeting them the game will run poorly, but it will run. Sounds like your computer could use an upgrade. Maybe your computer is up to par, but if not, you can't expect games like this to become potato computer friendly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0