• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

(Multiple Choice) Proper PvP! (Rewards/Penalties)

(Multiple Choice) PvP Rewards/Penalties   33 votes

1. 1. (Multiple Choice) Do the suggestions feel fair?

• I agree with 1
    • I agree with 2
    • I agree with 3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

WARNING: This is a Multiple Choice Poll. You can vote on ALL choices, SOME or NONE.

Hey there.

I've seen a lot of topics and polls whining about PvP and demanding penalties upon penalties, or ways to protect yourself from PvP.

I think that is the wrong way to go about fixing anything.

You don't want to prevent bad - you want to encourage good.

I think something like the changes below, despite being somewhat of a brainstorm, would greatly improve PvP, even for those who hate PvP:

1 - Respawn Mechanics

Recently, the developers decided that you no longer lose EXP when unfairly killed in PvP as long as your Karma is above 0.

This can work, but on its own just created a different form of griefing - players don't care about getting killed and keep going back to the same grinding spot, making it so that fighting over a grinding spot is useless - the attacker wastes time and loses Karma.

So I think there should be a compromise:

- Respawn in Town - No EXP Loss.

- Respawn in Node - Normal EXP.Loss.

2 - Escape Abuse

Escape is not something you should be able to use as a safe, instant getaway card anywhere, anytime.

It's meant to be used when you're stuck somewhere.

Simply put:

- Give it a 5+ sec cast time

- Can't be used while moving.

- 0 DP & 0 Evasion while casting

3 - Valor & Honor

The game should give you a Valor Rating according to your Level, Breath, Life, Gear, Crystals, Alchemy Stone and Total Skill Points (including unspent).

Valor would be used to determine whether you gain or lose Honor during PvP combat.

When you fight someone, there would be 2 visible types of Enemy Player categories:

Effortless - More than X Valor Rating below yours.

Challenging - Anything not Effortless.

3.1 - If you gank Challenging Enemies, you gain Honor. Higher enemy Valor rating, higher Honor gain.

3.2 - If you gank Effortless Enemies, you lose Honor. Lower enemy Valor rating, higher Honor loss.

3.2.1 - If you kill the same Effortless enemy again in the same area, you lose less Karma, and do not lose any Honor.

Fighting for grinding spots is NOT meant to be penalized by this idea.

3.2.2 - If you kill the same Challenging enemy again in the same area, you don't lose any Karma.

3.3 - In situations where more than 2 players are involved, the following rules would apply:

The game compares the players of each side with the highest Valor - if they are Challenging to each other, then there will be no Honor loss for anyone regardless of how many Effortless players join the fight.

3.3.1 - In this case, the Honor would work as follows:

If the enemy group is considered Challenging, you add their total Ratings when calculating the Honor gained for killing any/all of them.

If the enemy group is considered Effortless, you compare the difference in their total rating to your total rating, to determine Honor loss from killing any/all of them.

3.4 - Fighting back and killing players who fight back should be rewarded!

One of the biggest downsides of PvP for many players, is that when you are attacked, it is usually by someone who knows he can beat you, so it's a waste of time to fight back, because you lose time, crystals, EXP, and get nothing out of it. And when that happens a lot, it really gets to you!

So you should earn Honor for fighting back, and the reward should scale not just with how much of a fight you put up, but also with how strong your opponent is comparing to you.

Likewise, killing an AFK player or someone who won't or can't do anything should give less Honor (if it's Challenging) or cause a bigger Honor loss (if it's Effortless) than killing someone who puts up a good fight.

Honor

Honor has effects on you based on whether it is positive or negative.

Positive Honor grants you rewards, ranging anywhere from reduced Karma Loss from PKing, to bonus to Combat/Skill EXP, to exclusive bonuses to Luck/Gathering (which can exceed the +5 cap).

Positive Honor decays slowly to a positive value that does not grant bonuses, after a certain time passes without gaining Honor.

Nevative Honor increases your Valor Rating, therefore making MORE players count as Effortless, and LESS players count as Challenging), and if it gets negative enough, it grants you penalties, ranging anywhere from increased Karma loss from PKing, to penalty to Combat EXP, and/or exclusive penalties to Luck/Gathering (which can go below 0).

Negative Honor doesn't go away with time. You must earn back your Honor.

Note: No penalties to Skill EXP because this way gankers cannot abuse the penalty to prevent their rating from going up while using a low skill point PvP build.

WARNING: This is a Multiple Choice Poll. You can vote on ALL choices, SOME or NONE.

Edited by Nurvus
1 person likes this

Posted

With the latest changes to PvP, I think this thread is worth revisiting.

How do you guys think this would affect gameplay?

Posted

I think this is still very relevant.

Do you guys think iany of this might make the game more fun and engaging?

Posted

jesus that necro

there's already a karma revamp in the works, I thought?

Posted

Are we still beating this dead horse?

The system is OK the way it is. It prevents unfair killing allot and encourages people to share spots since allot PVP players are STILL under the deluded notion that once they are in a spot they own it which is ridiculous. The game and spots are for everybody to use and the faster people accept this the better we will all be and the less butt hurt they will be.

Lets play like adults and not selfish children.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Are we still beating this dead horse?

The system is OK the way it is. It prevents unfair killing allot and encourages people to share spots since allot PVP players are STILL under the deluded notion that once they are in a spot they own it which is ridiculous. The game and spots are for everybody to use and the faster people accept this the better we will all be and the less butt hurt they will be.

Lets play like adults and not selfish children.

I fully agree with you.

And this poll is missing an option where we can disagree with all other options. Just letting all unchecked will not show up in the results in any way.

Btw. I do not agree with option 1, 2 and 3 at all.

Edited by Maido

Posted

I fully agree with you.

And this poll is missing an option where we can disagree with all other options. Just letting all unchecked will not show up in the results in any way.

Btw. I do not agree with option 1, 2 and 3 at all.

If you vote blank, you decrease the % on all options, because if an option has 6 of 11, it becomes 6 of 12.

Posted

So only "yes" voters allowed...... what a crap and stupid poll.....

If you vote blank, you decrease the % on all options, because if an option has 6 of 11, it becomes 6 of 12.

Are you somewhat stupid??

Even a "decreased "Yes" is a 100% Yes 9_9

Posted

with the escape i would remove the no moving requirement. i have been stuck in a infinite slide loop on some object and needed to use escape and would really hate to have to wait on a GM. however having a timer and reducing dp to 0 would prevent its use to excape pvp and PVE situations. you could also require your weapons to be put away as this locks out most movement abilities, allowing other players to catch you.

Posted (edited)

So only "yes" voters allowed...... what a crap and stupid poll.....

Are you somewhat stupid??

Even a "decreased "Yes" is a 100% Yes 9_9

Not nearly as much as you, apparently...

If 2 out of 3 people say Yes = 66%.

If instead you vote blank, it means only 2 out of 4 people say Yes = 50%.

Clearly it's a 100% Yes 9_9

I hope you get better soon.

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

I should never loose exp for returning a node after some A**hole comes and -----s with my rotation, absolutely stupid enough as it is everyone being gear carried and starting holy crusades against anyone they damn well choose is irritating enough.

Posted

I vote for Secret option number 4 and 5 and 6

4. Get rid of PVP in open world and only have PVP in Red battlefield, Seige Wars and node wars.

5. Have a REAL PVP button where you can turn it off preventing anyone from PKing you because you don't want to PVP.

6. Create dedicated PVE channels so that to unable to PVP in these channels.

Problem solved.

Posted

Indeed.

This is a one-sided pro-PVP poll. 

@Nurvus Keep dreaming! Or send your wish list to Santa. Maybe he will fulfil them.

1 person likes this

Posted

With the latest changes to PvP, I think this thread is worth revisiting.

How do you guys think this would affect gameplay?

Are you serious?!

You want turn BDO into a PKer paradise?! 

Keep playing GTA - stop playing BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

The current XP system i think is good. I don't like the idea of losing XP because some dude wants my grind spot.
Valor and honor system seems interesting and i would like to see a version of it, maybe not the exact one proposed but a similar one.
The escape being unusable while moving or having a cast time destroys the purpose of it. I typically use escape when stuck in endless falling which would count as moving so that's a total bust.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0