• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I have 35 failstacks...

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What should I do with them?

Been watching some enchanting guides but not fully clear. I was trying to get some armor up got to about 15 failstacks decided to carry on trying on my weapon +13 to +14 but kept failing.

Now I realise that's enough, time to use stacks elsewhere. So should I get some marks of shadow to attempt to enchant those? or what? basically guides say failstacks are sort of an investment, for example If I got 2 mark of shadow and enhanced them i'd easily cover the stones I "Wasted".

Any advice?

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted

yes, I wouldn't use a huge stack like that on regular stuff. use an alt to enchant your regular stuff for now. Save this for witch earrings or MOS, imo.

Posted

normal marks of shadow would be a waste, get a pri and try for a duo. Pri MoS should be done after 15

Posted (edited)

I have 56 at the moment.  I failed a Duo Mark of Shadows attempt at 55 to give me 56.  =D  I guess I'll save them for smashing some Ogre rings together.  I'll probably blow them up too.

Edited by Kejara
1 person likes this

Posted

I have 56 at the moment.  I failed a Duo Mark of Shadows attempt at 55 to give me 56.  =D  I guess I'll save them for smashing some Ogre rings together.  I probably blow them up too.

oh god... painful.

Any of you guys have a % success chance table for jewelry? or is the weapon the only one that exists? just wondering what my chances are of losing marks of shadow for example when attempted with 35 fails.

Posted (edited)

oh god... painful.
Any of you guys have a % success chance table for jewelry? or is the weapon the only one that exists? just wondering what my chances are of losing marks of shadow for example when attempted with 35 fails.

I've scoured the Net and haven't seen one yet.   Nothing but speculation and what kind of dances you must do in order to succeed.

Edited by Kejara

Posted

I've scoured the Net and haven't seen one yet.   Nothing but speculation and what kind of dances you must do in order to succeed.

It doesn't help that the table changes depending on the quality of the ring as well.

Green > Blue > Orange all have different tables.

I'd love to know what it was myself but I also take note of what people say they were successful at upgrading individual pieces at.  I've heard of people failing PRI MoS at 25 stacks back to back and people succeeding at 15 stacks.

Needless to say I think that once you're at 25 stacks you're better off spending them on accessories only.  Personally I'd save anything with 20 or above.

Posted (edited)

It doesn't help that the table changes depending on the quality of the ring as well.

Green > Blue > Orange all have different tables.

I'd love to know what it was myself but I also take note of what people say they were successful at upgrading individual pieces at.  I've heard of people failing PRI MoS at 25 stacks back to back and people succeeding at 15 stacks.

Needless to say I think that once you're at 25 stacks you're better off spending them on accessories only.  Personally I'd save anything with 20 or above.

Yeah, any time someone in my guild succeeds at enchanting rare jewelry I always inquire about the amount of stacks they had.  I've successfully PRI'd two Marks of Shadow at 11 and 13 fail stacks.   I've successfully PRI'd one Witches Earring at 13 fail stacks.  I know someone who blew up 4 pairs of witches earrings from 15-18 fail stacks.  I know someone who blew up some ogre rings at 26 fail stacks.  The important thing to take away is that even with the maximum (not that we actually know if there is a max) amount of fail stacks for a particular piece of jewelry, it can still fail.  =D

Edited by Kejara

Posted

Yeah, any time someone in my guild succeeds at enchanting rare jewelry I always inquire about the amount of stacks they had.  I've successfully PRI'd two Marks of Shadow at 11 and 13 fail stacks.   I've successfully PRI'd one Witches Earring at 13 fail stacks.  I know someone who blew up 4 pairs of witches earrings from 15-18 fail stacks.  I know someone who blew up some ogre rings at 26 fail stacks.  The important thing to take away is that even with the maximum (not that we actually know if there is a max) amount of fail stacks for a particular piece of jewelry, it can still fail.  =D

Yeah, knowing what the actual cap of the failstack was per piece and what it's maximum succeed percentage would be pretty clutch to know.

I imagine things like Ogre rings likely cap out at something like 30-50% success at some high number of failstacks. There is just no way for a single user to produce enough statistically relevant quantity of data to figure these things out on his own, and anything some random person says on the internet is suspect.

For example my first enchant attempt in the game was with those Rings of Good deeds...and it succeeded. I've since Tried a dozen times to make PRI rings of good deeds with 4-5 failstacks and failed every one so I assume blue PRI accessory upgrades you'd want a failstack of 8-10 on...I realized it's just not worth making a PRI Ring of good deeds after coming to that conclusion.

Posted

did a pri witch earring at 15, succeed. :P

Posted

i would do at least 25 even then i failed 2 mos so bad rng for me and ----- the system lol

Posted

I follow a very simple system:

• I/+16   = 0-20
  • II/+17  = 20-30
  • III/+18 = 30-40
  • IV/+19 = 40-50
  • V/+20  = never tried before

The price of the item is THE major factor in how many fail stacks i use. Making a fail stack has a cost and so does a failed or successful enchant. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Fail stacks stop scaling after 25. Just fyi.

Posted

I know, I was trying to force it.

Gamblers psychology at work. Knowing when to quit is main thing when it comes to gambling.

Posted

I follow a very simple system:

• I/+16   = 0-20
  • II/+17  = 20-30
  • III/+18 = 30-40
  • IV/+19 = 40-50
  • V/+20  = never tried before

The price of the item is THE major factor in how many fail stacks i use. Making a fail stack has a cost and so does a failed or successful enchant. 

I failed for +1 with 32 stacks and you're going for +3 with it? lol talk about optimism

Posted

I know, I was trying to force it.
Gamblers psychology at work. Knowing when to quit is main thing when it comes to gambling.

It would only have been a mistake had you succeeded. Now you have a nice 35 failstack to use which you will need at some point in the future.  Failstacks only cap at 25 on weapons/armor.

Posted (edited)

I've made 2x Witch earrings and 2x MoS to PRI with 20 fail stacks each, no fail.

If you have 35 fail stacks you should go for DUO on Witch or MoS, or go for PRI Ogre Ring. Enchant your items on different character and keep the fail stacks.

Edited by orlando

Posted

I failed for +1 with 32 stacks and you're going for +3 with it? lol talk about optimism

It's more of a mathematical equation and not optimism and it all depends on the cost/rarity of the item you're enchanting.

You have a large chance to fail on most blue/orange upgrades no matter how many stacks you have. At some point the stacks themselves become worth more than the extra percentage chance of success multiplied by the cost of the accessory you gain by increasing the stack further.

Posted

only on green, 35 on blue

Posted

only on green, 35 on blue

Interesting... i'll definitely save my stacks for MoS or Witchs etc. I'll just go to an alt to continue with my armor until I can try with a pair of marks.

Posted

Anything above 20 I would save for jewelery. I wouldn't do accessories with less then 20 stacks, but that's just me. I did my PRI witches at 20, PRI shadow at 25 and then a DUO shadow at 30 all succeeded.

Posted

I had +18's going for 19 in KR. My +18 Kzarka was made using that same system as it were one grade higher just to be safe. If i was constantly waiting until i had higher fail stacks it would have taken forever. I also made two sets just so i always had my 18s untouched. 

Posted

What should I do with them?

Been watching some enchanting guides but not fully clear. I was trying to get some armor up got to about 15 failstacks decided to carry on trying on my weapon +13 to +14 but kept failing.

Now I realise that's enough, time to use stacks elsewhere. So should I get some marks of shadow to attempt to enchant those? or what? basically guides say failstacks are sort of an investment, for example If I got 2 mark of shadow and enhanced them i'd easily cover the stones I "Wasted".

Any advice?

Uhhh I'm going to go ahead and counter your request for advice by asking for advice myself.

Can you just make a short guide of how the ----- you achieved 35 failstack!?

Please?

Posted

I've failed at PRI witch x2 at 25 failstacks. Some of you guys have some awesome luck :P

Uhhh I'm going to go ahead and counter your request for advice by asking for advice myself.

Please?

Have terrible RNG luck. That's the true secret.

Posted (edited)

Please?

yeah bad luck, first 15 stacks came from trying to get +9 heve to go up... wouldn't budge, then I thought well i'm at +15 lets smash a few weapons into my +13 yuria, no dice. I'm thinking ----- that was 20 stones! i could have just forced. But oh well....

I went from +11 to +13 on my bow with 2 stones though... so I guess i had to be punished for that lol.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0