• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

World Bosses as a Melee

83 posts in this topic

Posted

World bosses are nothing more than laggy as ----- DPS Meters for Rangers.

Lost interest in even turning up for these, you cant even do enough damage to get loot credit ........ Another FU to Melee classes as a whole.

Posted

I did a test last night on my level 41 alt (Valkyrie) against the Giant Mudster near Glish Ruins, where everyone else was over 45.

I only used Celestial Spear and Shield Throw for ranged attacks since the chances of actually landing a hit were low. I died 4 times, but managed to land several hits throughout the fight - indicated by the 'Back Attack' and occasional 'Critical' text (not sure if 'Immune' counts as a hit). In the end I got 1x Weapon Blackstone, 1x Gold Bar and 3x Hunter's Seals.

It's likely that there were less than 40 players involved in the fight, but if you have any ranged attacks as a melee class it's still possible to take part and earn some items - even if everyone else around you thinks you're a nub for trying. The same should apply to Musa & Maehwa as their secondary weapon is a bow so you can keep your distance.

TL:DR

If there are less than 40 players at a boss fight and you have some form of ranged attack as a melee class, give it a go. You might still come away with some goodies.

Posted

Valkyrie, 120 DP + the bonus from my taunt maxed..

What I learned tonight is that doing any of the world bosses made me want to quit the game. Every hit is a one shot or near one shot. Fighting Dastard Bheg was a one shot through 100% guard. Meanwhile my guild (mostly ranged) is laughing, staying at ranged, never getting hit, accumulating damage, and I'm sitting there after a while wondering if its even worth doing these things given the exp loss on every death. 

Being a melee on world bosses isn't just not fun, its painful--absolutely painful. I'm new to the game, level 52, but if this is what end game PVE is like, it has been an amazing turn off. 

120 dp..... i got 182 and not even max geared...

World bosses are nothing more than laggy as ----- DPS Meters for Rangers.

Lost interest in even turning up for these, you cant even do enough damage to get loot credit ........ Another FU to Melee classes as a whole.

put some effort into it.

Posted

put some effort into it.

Effort ? There is very little room for effort, or more importantly the effects of said effort.

There is only so much you can do. At boss fight i get 60 fps (3-way SLI) though the majority of the bosses attacks either come delayed or not at all.

The fact that the bosses can one shot a 100/210 Warrior leaves next to no room for error. Effort is only 20% effective, the other 80% is luck.

Posted

though the majority of the bosses attacks either come delayed or not at all.

"evasion"  "delay"

Posted

Just gotta put my support in this thread. Dying 10 times over due to laggy oneshots on a boss like Red Nose or Bheg while Rangers and Wizards are climbing on the higher loot chance tables while not even losing any experience seems to me like the definition of broken and stupid. I'd love to see a damage reduction so at least warriors/valks with +180DP can survive one hit.

1 person likes this

Posted

Alright I felt like most people in this thread since I main a warrior. I ended up getting a liverto finally on red nose and I realized it's all about the Dodge for melee. Dodging and anticipating the attacks. I usually die 20 to 30 times during a WB but after employing this strategy I only died maybe a total of 5 times between two red nose bosses.

Posted

You guys want challenging bosses and cry if it one shots you through a shield. They're not meant for you to faceroll turtle block as melee. 

I've done rednose world boss without dying. His patterns are retarded, maybe it's time to learn how to roll iframe.

I totally won't mind oneshots and melee/ranged disbalance if not the lags.

No, not the fps - I'm talking about server lag in the zone where the boss is being killed. Dodges register is off, boss synch is totally off on certain attacks, not to mention you can just die not even seeing the hit connecting with your character.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

To not get one shot you will need +200 dp, world bosses are really a pain as mele but it gets better. Make sure you are using dp food too it helps. 

With my valk buff i get around 234dp then add few more from gems and food and if you don't get hit twice in a row you will survive a frontal hit. 

Congratz.... but it's really pointless given that it takes you even LONGER to get all those Hitpoints back than it would have to run back from the respawn point near Bheg.  So  you're actually LOSING DPS by not just dying and respawning to get back into the fight instantly.  And since the claim that deaths affect Drop rates was a LIE, there's not reason not to just wail on that big tard as much as you can with full AP gear instead.  IOW: playing too conservatively actually hurts your Drop Qaulities a lot worse than dying does

All things considered, it probably only Bheg that really really needs to be tweaked here, all the other Bosses can be suffered-through just fine as Melee

Edited by iller

Posted (edited)

I don't mind exp loss in these battles but please spare my gems!  I usually just run in naked with just my sword and hope for the best, interesting fact ... I was fighting Zaka naked just my shield and weapon and he didn't one shot me once infact his attack dropped me by 90% and another attack drop me by 10% strange.

Edited by Shanir

Posted

I am just rolling a ranger along with everyone else, Daum is a lazy company it seems.  If they at least stated a proposed solution and Eta I would say otherwise.  

This is THE most well known issue in BDO, and that fact that it is being ignored says a lot.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Trust me Bheg is no picnic for ranged either with his whip lash instantly killing anyone it touches, and his instant turn around and no warning time. Personally I find the world bosses to be a bit overpowered in their attacks. Should they be powerful, you betcha, but one shot every hit is a bit extreme.

Posted

So no matter what your dp, until you get to some ungodly levels (230+, food buffs) these bosses can one shot you through guard (Kzarka being an exception). I think for me, it's kind of clear. This game really has too many instances that are unrealistic for melee. Certainly in node and small pvp, they do fine, but as you get larger groups and more ranged and aoe, melee can really do nothing but defend the ranged.

I really can't understand why PvE damage ramps up so ridiculously, or maybe why classes meant to exist at melee seem to take 'full' damage. Not that its apples to apples, but in many MMO's classes that are at melee take reduced damage because their armor offers them more effective protection (plate, chain, etc). There is no similar concept in BDO--180 DP is 180 DP, and while melee has more super armor and sometimes guard, these bosses largely laugh at it (Bheg one shotting without enrage, through full guard and hp).

In large scale pvp, melee are taking full damage from ranged that are launching endless aoe attacks in volleys that obliterates through your defenses (Shredding shield or simply being too numerous to make good ground on). 

This probably comes back to DP effectiveness on classes as well as PvE damage ramping in general, and the 'balance' around 6 second pot spamming as some kind of solution (dear god, I hate this about this game). 

@CM_Jouska I enjoyed leveling up in this game, its sand box elements are amazing, but this is really really unbearable. I don't know if this is something I can tolerate waiting to get fixed. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This is just another example of devs either not understanding, but more likely, not caring.  They implement one-shot mechanics that are 90% melee targeted, then they give melee shit damage, then they make the loot on those bosses damage orientated. 

There is only one good boss, and that is Kzarka.  Aside from super rare knockdown combos (getting 100% KD res makes dying almost impossible), his one-shot is clearly telegraphed.

Posted

Forget the oneshot, forget that you have to die like 20 times as melee, forget that the same 2-3 ppl get the rare loot from all the bosses. Forget all that, and you still there, waiting for bosses for hours, and then killing bosses for other 5-6 hours, couse you MUST do it in order to stay competitive. Honestly this is far the WORST content ever made to an mmo. We are already bored with that crappy content from WoW, and then we get the same bossfighting for hours in a crappyer version without proper rewards. My friend are qutting the game bacuse of that shit already.I waited for this game 2 years, and I am so frustrated by now couse of the field bosses that I want to quit myself too. This the cancer of the game. If they want to kill the game, they are on the right path. If they dont delete the field bosses, they will have a dead game in 1-2 month.

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Want to fix field bosses?  Remove melee one-shots, then remove field bosses, roll them all into guild boss scrolls.

Posted

Hey I have quick question does anyone have a list of all the current world boss we can kill at the moment for NA servers, and where I can find them.

Thank you.

Posted

How to fix the game:

• DP should be more effective for melee than ranged (20% more effective for mobile melee such as ninja/blader , 35% for less mobile melee such as warrior and valkyrie). All other games due this with armor types (cloth, leather, chain, plate) but there is no idea of this in BDO. A wizard in 200 dp is the same as a valkyrie in 200 dp.
  • All PVE damage needs to be ramped down a little bit at the high levels, but mostly for field bosses which are grossly ridic.
  • Field Bosses should no longer spawn but be a guild scroll that can be accessed after a series of successful daily missions, or once a week for a guild as a weekly.
  • Field Boss HP should be massively lowered. No one wants to sit their for hours with a punching bag.
  • Field Boss deaths should not result in lost exp or crystal breaking.
  • In PVP, melee classes should take slightly reduced damage from ranged aoes. 

Ta Da. 

Posted

I have come to the end of what i can take with melee ...... it's just shit,

The sad thing is i hate ranged classes, it's warrior or nothing tbh. Im done with BDO i think.

Posted

How to fix the game:

• DP should be more effective for melee than ranged (20% more effective for mobile melee such as ninja/blader , 35% for less mobile melee such as warrior and valkyrie). All other games due this with armor types (cloth, leather, chain, plate) but there is no idea of this in BDO. A wizard in 200 dp is the same as a valkyrie in 200 dp.
  • All PVE damage needs to be ramped down a little bit at the high levels, but mostly for field bosses which are grossly ridic.
  • Field Bosses should no longer spawn but be a guild scroll that can be accessed after a series of successful daily missions, or once a week for a guild as a weekly.
  • Field Boss HP should be massively lowered. No one wants to sit their for hours with a punching bag.
  • Field Boss deaths should not result in lost exp or crystal breaking.
  • In PVP, melee classes should take slightly reduced damage from ranged aoes. 

Ta Da. 

you realize field bosses get downed in under 10 minutes all the time right?

whats the point of having death penalties if the single largest contributor to having deaths (boss pve content) dosent apply to them. whats left , dying to normal mobs which is almost never going to happen if your paying attention, or the once in a blue moon pk because 95+% of your pvp deaths will be wartargets.

Posted

you realize field bosses get downed in under 10 minutes all the time right?

whats the point of having death penalties if the single largest contributor to having deaths (boss pve content) dosent apply to them. whats left , dying to normal mobs which is almost never going to happen if your paying attention, or the once in a blue moon pk because 95+% of your pvp deaths will be wartargets.

When a massive server group gets there and lags it to crap, they go down in 10 minutes--agree. Maybe the HP isn't an issue, but per this entire thread,t he death penalties are unfairly wielded by melee characters and not ranged---so its not like everyone is sharing about equal amounts of death penalties. Why should melee lose more work towards next level, crystals, etc vs ranged? No--that is simply unfairly penalizing them for terrible game mechanics. 

Posted

When a massive server group gets there and lags it to crap, they go down in 10 minutes--agree. Maybe the HP isn't an issue, but per this entire thread,t he death penalties are unfairly wielded by melee characters and not ranged---so its not like everyone is sharing about equal amounts of death penalties. Why should melee lose more work towards next level, crystals, etc vs ranged? No--that is simply unfairly penalizing them for terrible game mechanics. 

Then obviously everyone hitting the boss is massively undergeared if it takes a massive server group to down it in 10 min. We've had less than 40 people hitting worldbosses who actually know what they are doing down alot of world bosses below 10 minutes. i.e. get good

Posted (edited)

Then obviously everyone hitting the boss is massively undergeared if it takes a massive server group to down it in 10 min. We've had less than 40 people hitting worldbosses who actually know what they are doing down alot of world bosses below 10 minutes. i.e. get good

What was the ratio of your group ? How many Melee or was this one of those elite ranger parties that spam 2 skills and a cancel while taking zero damage ... all while stood still.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted (edited)

Fix the lags and the bosses color-flashing. ----- that epileptic blue outline that makes it very hard to see when the boss is attacking.

Also, valks / warriors should be able to not being one hit, since their defence mechanic are their parry.

Edited by KarKzz

Posted

Fix the lags and the bosses color-flashing. ----- that epileptic blue outline that makes it very hard to see when the boss is attacking.

Also, valks / warriors should be able to not being one hit, since their defence mechanic are their parry.

Funny thing is my Warrior has 200 DP and 2100 HP and im a one shot through guard ... This game is a joke, bosses have shown me the light, out of 8 (i think) classes only 2 a viable in the majority of content.

Even using potion of detection (100% crit damage increase) scoring enough DPS is impossible, its just a mass of rangers dragging the boss all over like -----ing tools.

1 person likes this