• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

World Bosses as a Melee

83 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree, either they completely revamp these world bosses or remove them from the game and come up with a different system for them. I've suggested in another thread the possible addition of instances dungeons for big bosses so the game engine can actually handle the combat without desyncing every 2 seconds when there's a certain amount of players around. I get that the devs want to keep to the open world feel but they REALLY need to open their eyes and realize that their engine has some serious limitations when it comes to masses of players.

Posted

When a massive server group gets there and lags it to crap, they go down in 10 minutes--agree. Maybe the HP isn't an issue, but per this entire thread,t he death penalties are unfairly wielded by melee characters and not ranged---so its not like everyone is sharing about equal amounts of death penalties. Why should melee lose more work towards next level, crystals, etc vs ranged? No--that is simply unfairly penalizing them for terrible game mechanics. 

field bosses are meant to have alot of people there , as far as lagging out , turn off effects ,and turn off names.

regarding the actual bosses , last time i bothered with one i died maybe once or twice on rednose , as a warrior.

regarding actual loot. ive NEVER not managed to get the regular loot (being a gold bar some hunter seals and a blackstone or two)

so to recap, they have changed the bosses to be easier to deal with, lag isent a problem unless you are playing on a toaster in which case its your fault and not daum's. and getting loot isent that bad. wont comment on trying to get a weapon from kzarka.

Posted (edited)

field bosses are meant to have alot of people there , as far as lagging out , turn off effects ,and turn off names.

regarding the actual bosses , last time i bothered with one i died maybe once or twice on rednose , as a warrior.

regarding actual loot. ive NEVER not managed to get the regular loot (being a gold bar some hunter seals and a blackstone or two)

so to recap, they have changed the bosses to be easier to deal with, lag isent a problem unless you are playing on a toaster in which case its your fault and not daum's. and getting loot isent that bad. wont comment on trying to get a weapon from kzarka.

Im calling bullshit, im a lucky guy. I run a 3 way SLI set-up (MSI GTX 980ti OC) coupled with an i5 3570k OC @ 5Ghz and 32gb HyperX black.

I get 60 fps (v-sync on) maxed out, with high end on at bosses. The boss fight are a joke, attacks happen as an when they please .... As in just randomly appear.

There is not a chance you only die twice, i have 2100 HP with a 100/210 setup and im a one shot through Block and HP..... Boss fights for me look like its running like silk but they are not. They are so broken and so biased i have sided this game and taken my money with me. I will not be forced to reroll a new character, instead ill reroll another game.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted

Im calling bullshit, im a lucky guy. I run a 3 way SLI set-up (MSI GTX 980ti OC) coupled with an i5 3570k OC @ 5Ghz and 32gb HyperX black.

I get 60 fps (v-sync on) maxed out, with high end on at bosses. The boss fight are a joke, attacks happen as an when they please .... As in just randomly appear.

There is not a chance you only die twice, i have 2100 HP with a 100/210 setup and im a one shot through Block and HP..... Boss fights for me look like its running like silk but they are not. They are so broken and so biased i have sided this game and taken my money with me. I will not be forced to reroll a new character, instead ill reroll another game.

This...I feel people saying otherwise have no real idea. I know people with the maximum amount of dp right now, the warrior or valk +20 dp buffs, guard, full health, health food up----One shotted.

This game is a travesty. Sadly I think I'm done with it and will go back to games with a semblance of balance.

I messages @CM_Jouska on this to no avail. This game might be fine for a asian audience who sees no problem with server populations being 70% wizards and ranger, but this is pretty bad in the West. 

Posted

What was the ratio of your group ? How many Melee or was this one of those elite ranger parties that spam 2 skills and a cancel while taking zero damage ... all while stood still.

about 80% melee i would say.

Posted

about 80% melee i would say.

Read my specs just above ... If i don't see the attacks on time no one sees them on time .. I also sit at 32ms all while the server is playing guess who.

Posted

i dident say they dont oneshot , i said they changed the bosses , as ive stated in other threads , im unsure if this is a exploit somebody out of the 50+ that were there were doing , or if its something they actually changed about the boss, but people stunned him out of the leap combo (for rednose) and prevented the one big attack that used to cause 90% of my deaths. without the leap he cant oneshot you through guards.

keep in mind , if you say lag , im going to assume you mean either your ping , or fps. if you mean hits happening after a boss's animation goes off thats considered under desync typically which is still a problem.

Posted (edited)

After some WB done with my Sorceress i just quit doing them ... there is absolutely no point for a melee to do this crap, ranged loot-fest ... seriously disappointed.

The problem is they drop end game gear so .. reroll ranged seriously ?

Edited by Zuxx