• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Would you like to adopt the Korean pvp system?

Adopt Korean pvp system?   760 votes

1. 1. Would you prefer to use the pvp system used in Korea or keep using the changed system we have in NA/EU?

• Use the Korean pvp system (pvp from lvl50, quest to opt in to pvp, karma penalties)
    • Keep the pvp system that was altered for the NA/EU market (pvp from lvl 45, etc)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

255 posts in this topic

Posted

Many people seem concerned that the changes made to the NA/EU pvp system do not actually represent the mainstay desires of the Western player base and in fact will be detrimental to the game, scaring off potential players and possibly becoming a trigger for many pve oriented players to quit, without actually providing much upside for the players who enjoy ffa owpvp.

This poll simply asks would you prefer the Korean system, which lets you level to 50 without the fear of being ganked, and even opt out of pvp based on the pvp quest, or do you think the changed system we have for NA/EU is better?

1 person likes this

Posted

Is that where you get hari karied for starting another PvP thread? 'Cause then I vote yes.

Posted

Hells yes.

Posted

If you want move pvp requirement to 50, but karma should remain at 60k per kill.

3 people like this

Posted

Then they should raise it everytime the softcap increase? I think it is fine as it is now tbh.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hell no, Korea is so dry and boring because of their crappy pvp system. I'm ok with them raising it to lvl 50 but leave everything else alone. Literally all Korea is, is who can ks other people better, because you can't flag in their version, so best ks'er wins.

Edited by Penguin
2 people like this

Posted

If you want move pvp requirement to 50, but karma should remain at 60k per kill.

My main concern is getting PvP level back to 50. Otherwise it can stay or change i don't really care. Lvl 50 for PvP, I REALLY CARE.

Posted

Lv50 PvP begin with a quest a Lv49 required to progress. It's not just the KR version, we're the odd ones out.

No reason not to have it like that.

1 person likes this

Posted

PvP at 50 with a quest to opt in and go to higher levels at 49 is the way it should be and the way the game was designed, this definitely should be implemented in the NA/EU regions as well.

The only reason the PvP pretenders claim it is an issue is because they can only gank people that prefer not to PvP in other words they can not handle a fair fight.

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

Is it really a big change for you to have pvp enabled at 50 instead of 45 ?

-Versus a lvl 55 you will get rekt wether you are 45 or 50.

-If you lock pvp bellow 50 you'll get twinks that can farm lvl 54 areas without beind killable. Right now lvl 44 can't farm lvl 54 areas due to accuracy dropping drastically.

Conclusion: it's perfect the way it is.

Edited by Aspen
18 people like this

Posted

I say that is should go back to the original set up because I think it's the best middle ground at this point. You stay safe at 49 but your level is frozen, and if you want to progress you gotta be willing to take the risk of getting Pked for grind spots. 

Also people who really don't want to deal with getting Pked just get themselves killed over and over so they don't level. (which is annoying) So might as well just put in the original quest lock.  

3 people like this

Posted

Is it really a big change for you to have pvp enabled at 50 instead of 45 ?

It is for those of us who want the quest to gate PvP so we don't have to suicide every few days to keep from leveling.

1 person likes this

Posted

Many people seem concerned that the changes made to the NA/EU pvp system do not actually represent the mainstay desires of the Western player base and in fact will be detrimental to the game, scaring off potential players and possibly becoming a trigger for many pve oriented players to quit, without actually providing much upside for the players who enjoy ffa owpvp.

This poll simply asks would you prefer the Korean system, which lets you level to 50 without the fear of being ganked, and even opt out of pvp based on the pvp quest, or do you think the changed system we have for NA/EU is better?

Look what happened to Aion lol

Posted

I'd prefer the Korean version. Let those who want to PvP do their thing and let those who don't do theirs. 

7 people like this

Posted

all the pve scums are hilarious when they start thinking that people will go around and hunt to pk them, nobody cares about you, nobody will pk you for no reason.

Why does every single pve player think that once he gets lvl 45 he is instantly permanently ganked and pked? 

you people have a severe case of protagonist disease, i mean seriously in what world is the protagonist a boring farmer or a fisherman that doesn't do anything interesting? Get off of your high horse. Nobody will pk you regardless of your level.

I've never been pked while afk and the only death i have is by some guy moving his boat and getting me drowned while i was afk fishing which can happen to you regardless of your level. 

14 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just bring BDO in line with the other versions and lets be done with this already.  The more Daum delays to make this change the more divided the BDO community is going to get and that's not good for the game.     

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted (edited)

I thought the KR karma system (Before Valencia) was even harsher than the NA/EU one

Edited by Koquonfaes

Posted (edited)

blah blah blah some oversize words

It's not necessarily what you think. I can only speak for myself but the stress of the possibility, even if it is not that high, is undesirable to me. I play games to have fun not be stressed out and on edge constantly. If you like to be on edge all the time, you find it exciting, well you just do your thing but not everyone does. I tend to explore in much higher areas and when i do that it can get a little tense, but I am doing that specifically and it's fine, it's fun. If I am just traveling or gathering or fishing I really don't want that kind of stress as I am trying to get something done. 

Also you have to admit the number of pro-PK people on these forums really doesn't help the case for 'its not that bad'.

Edited by lilibat
2 people like this

Posted

I thought the KR karma system was even harsher than the NA/EU one.

It should be.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not necessarily what you think. I can only speak for myself but the stress of the possibility, even if it is not that high, is undesirable to me. I play games to have fun not be stressed out and on edge constantly. If you like to be on edge all the time, you find it exciting, well you just do your thing but not everyone does. I tend to explore in much higher areas and when i do that it can get a little tense, but I am doing that specifically and it's fine, it's fun. If I am just traveling or gathering or fishing I really don't want that kind of stress as I am trying to get something done. 

Also you have to admit the number of pro-PK people on these forums really don't help the case for 'its not that bad'.

What edge dude? Holy cow. How can you be so delusional?

Also you play games to have fun and not be stressed out?
Lets ,for the sake of argument, say that i do too and that i have fun by harassing and killing other people in pvp games, why the hell should they favor you instead of me? 
They can't possibly please us both and if you think that they should please only you then you have some issues and you're immature as hell. 

I miss L2 where you could pk from lvl 1 at the spawn point, today's generation is insane. 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

all the pve scums     protagonist

Your need to call people names rather then have an intelligent conversation......

Your belief that using large font adds weight to what you said.......

Your use of big words you have no understanding of.......

Makes your comment fit your name.....

Irrelevant.

Edited by Nick Stern
typo
9 people like this

Posted

Your need to call people names rather then have an intelligent conversation......

Your belief that using large font adds weight to what you said.......

Your use of big words you have no understanding of.......

Makes your comment fit your name.....

Irrelevent.

your need to contradict yourself and ignore the points i was trying to make and then even think you're mature, how typical, im so used to your stereotype by now

You wanna have intelligent conversation but instead you post this crap and ignore literally everything i said. Amazing. 

1 person likes this

Posted

What edge dude? Holy cow. How can you be so delusional?

Also you play games to have fun and not be stressed out?
Lets ,for the sake of argument, say that i do too and that i have fun by harassing and killing other people in pvp games, why the hell should they favor you instead of me? 
They can't possibly please us both and if you think that they should please only you then you have some issues and you're immature as hell. 

I miss L2 where you could pk from lvl 1 at the spawn point, today's generation is insane. 

I don't see how a bunch of people staying below PvP level affects your game at all.  Just another level 44 (or 49 if we get the quest back). Does not make a difference to your game life at all.

Also I am not exactly "today's generation".  In fact I suspect I am older than you are. 

2 people like this

Posted

Lets ,for the sake of argument, say that i do too and that i have fun by harassing and killing other people in pvp games, why the hell should they favor you instead of me? They can't possibly please us both and if you think that they should please only you then you have some issues and you're immature as hell.

Sure they can please both. Just as there are plenty of players who enjoy PvE activities, there too are plenty of players who enjoy PvP activities. There would be ample amount of players that you'd be able to harass and PK if that's what you wished to do. Meanwhile you wouldn't even be seeing those PvE players for the most part, since they would be locked at 49 or below so couldn't do the higher level content that you'd be doing.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

your need to contradict yourself and ignore the points i was trying to make and then even think you're mature, how typical, im so used to your stereotype by now

You wanna have intelligent conversation but instead you post this crap and ignore literally everything i said. Amazing. 

You did not say anything you called names you shouted a view point you used a word that you clearly do not understand.  

Simply to support a single play style rather then accept that there are many play styles that this game properly implemented the way it was designed and set up from the beginning with, PvP starting at level 50 with a gateway quest Meets the need of all the varying play styles.

You only prove that PvP Gankers only want to gank you clearly prove what you try to deny.

Edited by Nick Stern
2 people like this