• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Would you like to adopt the Korean pvp system?

Adopt Korean pvp system?   760 votes

1. 1. Would you prefer to use the pvp system used in Korea or keep using the changed system we have in NA/EU?

• Use the Korean pvp system (pvp from lvl50, quest to opt in to pvp, karma penalties)
    • Keep the pvp system that was altered for the NA/EU market (pvp from lvl 45, etc)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

255 posts in this topic

Posted

I have no idea what you just said. like honestly I am from a different time and place.

Love can cross that

Posted

yo you got a kik?

leave my wifi alone

Posted

PvE players have always found a way to whine about PvP not being consensual, While i understand people have issues and some of them are legit, I'm worried that this system of polls speaks for the loud minority, and not the silent majority, They're very easy to speak for when they dont have a voice.

At heart, this is about people wanting to be able to opt out of PvP so they can PvE in peace, which is something i dont agree with, You signed up for a sandbox game and that's what you've got, you have Safe zones where you cant be attacked, if you dont like PvP then don't leave them.

The only Thing i'd like to change is the ability to "hire" another guilds, being ganked is less of an issue if you can hire another guild as mercs to protect you or wage war on your behalf, Since i understand not everyone is a fighter.

Posted (edited)

Where is the option to remove all penality from pvp? :D

Edited by Safer

Posted

I wish my gems didnt break when i go red :(

Posted (edited)

back on topic...

Please put PvP level back at 50 like KR. With the rising soft cap, you know it makes sense.

Edited by lilibat

Posted (edited)

This is a PvP game with some PvE stuff in it so if you don't like it then uninstall the game and never play it again like I don't want it to go to level 50 because it is so dumb like why do you want this game to baby you you're not a child.

and also we are not far yet in the game so if it takes a year to put it up to level 50 then wait.

Edited by mattRlive

Posted

back on topic...

Please put pvP level back at 50 like KR. With the rising soft cap, you know it makes sense.

Incorrect.

The main reason it was lowered was to stop people making level 49 geared farming alts that can grind out high level accessories without any worry of being ganked/pushed out of an area which would be horrible for the games economy.

Posted

PvE players have always found a way to whine about PvP not being consensual, While i understand people have issues and some of them are legit, I'm worried that this system of polls speaks for the loud minority, and not the silent majority, They're very easy to speak for when they dont have a voice.

At heart, this is about people wanting to be able to opt out of PvP so they can PvE in peace, which is something i dont agree with, You signed up for a sandbox game and that's what you've got, you have Safe zones where you cant be attacked, if you dont like PvP then don't leave them.

The only Thing i'd like to change is the ability to "hire" another guilds, being ganked is less of an issue if you can hire another guild as mercs to protect you or wage war on your behalf, Since i understand not everyone is a fighter.

Perhaps the number of players who enjoy ffa owpvp are close to the number of pvers if you count all their noobie first post alt accounts created to vote against this poll, but otherwise I seriously doubt it. Perhaps the biggest problem with BDO is that it is just too daum good and is extremely enjoyable to play for people who don't like owpvp -at least until level 45.

Posted

One day of ganking puts you into a situation from which you cannot get out of without days and days of grinding(and not fighting back if players attack you, and they will when you are karma free to kill..)

Then don't gank lol

Btw, have you ever considered that the flip side of one day of ganking is one day of being ganked?  While you are resorting to one day of grinding for your intentional act to gank, Daum is resorting to losing customers due to their involuntary act of having been ganked.  And it has nothing to do with being a carebear or being scared.  Just some of us have consideration for our fellow players.   

Posted

Should be allowed to opt in to PVP. If it's not something ppl actively want to participate in why should they be forced to.

PVP'ers that want  push PVE players into a part of the game they don't want to play are either bullies or trolls there is absolutely no argument you can give that justifies putting other players into a position they don't want to be in so you can kill them (in game of course) : )

Nothing wrong with PVP, If it's what you want to play.

Choice is a great thing.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

go play farmville if you dont like getting shit on

More intelligence from a new account PVP sock puppet Ganker.

Way to go guys you really are showing how right you are about being the majority and the smart ones..... LMAO

Simple truth is they should have left the game as designed with PVP at 50 and the gateway quest at 49.9. The only reason it was lowered was due to the tendencies of the Western short attention span masses that rush to cap in 12-15 hours as so many did and cried because they got bored and were all ready leaving. Those are you short sighted PVP Gankers.

Edited by Nick Stern

Posted

There was NO Pvp on the Korean version. None, zero, goose egg. So no, no I don't want that system here. 

no

no

no

no

Stop asking for system changes, stop wasting your time on the forums griping when you could be ingame getting more powerful.

Its so NOT hard to gear up in BDO.

its tough to min max jewels, but not really all that tough if you select alternatives.

Posted

go play farmville if you dont like getting shit on

why ?  Lots to do in this game without getting shit on  (whatever that actualy means). How about you go play LOL or is it scary when ppl shoot back ?

This is a PvP game with some PvE stuff in it so if you don't like it then uninstall the game and never play it again like I don't want it to go to level 50 because it is so dumb like why do you want this game to baby you you're not a child.

and also we are not far yet in the game so if it takes a year to put it up to level 50 then wait.

Bollock s is it it's a massive PVE game that has some PVP in it that you don't even get to play till later ...  Such a lame argument used in so many games .... 

Posted

There was NO Pvp on the Korean version. None, zero, goose egg. So no, no I don't want that system here. 

no

no

no

no

Stop asking for system changes, stop wasting your time on the forums griping when you could be ingame getting more powerful.

its tough to min max jewels, but not really all that tough if you select alternatives.

You are so wrong it is not even funny. Go look up the Korean version there is PvP in the Korean there is No Ganking people actually respect each other in Korea. Unfortunately they changed what would have eliminated it or controlled it here in the west when it really was not needed in the Korean version.

Posted

no

no

no

no

Maybe some of us don't care about getting more powerful?

The power-hungry knuckle-dragging isn't as strong in some of us as it is in others.

Posted

Many people seem concerned that the changes made to the NA/EU pvp system do not actually represent the mainstay desires of the Western player base and in fact will be detrimental to the game, scaring off potential players and possibly becoming a trigger for many pve oriented players to quit, without actually providing much upside for the players who enjoy ffa owpvp.

This poll simply asks would you prefer the Korean system, which lets you level to 50 without the fear of being ganked, and even opt out of pvp based on the pvp quest, or do you think the changed system we have for NA/EU is better?

People do not understand how bad the korean pvp system is...its so bad...bad polls are bad...kr has insane penalties and they need to lesson the penalties here, not make them worse.

1 person likes this

Posted

God no please don't. I will QUIT the game if the karma system is changed to Korean version. Period. I'd be out, no money from this chick.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you think that you can't farm now you're in for a sore disappointment. Restricting PVP will do nothing- you'll still be forced out because you will get KS'd by those same high end players. If you're melee, you can forget it about it entirely. With a well-formed party and an organized guild you're at least able to fight for it. Black Desert is a punishing PVP game and should stay as such; prime farming spots are cut-throat, even for the top end players. Most of us do more PVP securing our spots than farming. 

The popular consensus is that players believe that they HAVE to farm Sousan. There are other mob spawns that do just as well, after considering PVP time in a contested area.

tl;dr: You're playing a game that boasted its open world PVP, so expect to PVP.

Posted

You are so wrong it is not even funny. Go look up the Korean version there is PvP in the Korean there is No Ganking people actually respect each other in Korea. Unfortunately they changed what would have eliminated it or controlled it here in the west when it really was not needed in the Korean version.

i don't have to look it up. I played there, 15 months.

NO Pvp. Without Ganking you have restricted the natural fluid hate fueled way to make a solid and  meaningful guild wars even occur.

so no I'm not wrong. I've been ganked here many many times. Most times I make them regret it, but when they do beat me, I wonder what I could have done different NOT what daum should do differently.

Thats how owpvp games are meant to be, they're not hello kitty island adventure super Themepark land where everybody has fun 100% of the time until you suddenly don't.

BDO is more like a sandbox at a preschool, you're 5 years old and you just wanna build that castle but the big dumb kid that had to repeat the grade once or twice wants to kick it down and take the box for himself. You spend your time looking over your shoulder defensively positioning yourself and scanning the area for potential competition.

If you're not wired that way go play a faction based game, or one of the other hundred titles that have released over the past decade that were designed to have the system protect you from pvpers.

I refuse to stand by and let PvEers dictate How Pvp should be handled here.

Daum got it right, your poll is going to fall on deaf ears, get busy improving your gear and finding a guild that will fight for you. Otherwise find a new game and stop trying to tarnish the ONE god damned game in the last 10 years designed for us pvpers to thrive within.

Posted

I'm going to end this with a series of screenshots. If you cannot seriously believe that PVP is not an issue, I don't know how you go through life without constant panic attacks and anxiety. If you *do* experience such unanticipated panic attacks and anxiety, this probably isn't the game for you. 

Heres my rankings for various PVE lifeskills and other stuff. I'm a 54 witch on Edan.

img]4BMfDvC.pngFdPK4W9.pngdRDOYrw.pngtG0HXCw.pngmWAHn10.pngPKHtJLn.png

My best advice would be to simply manage your time better because this game has a million ways to help you play while you aren't even there. Getting PK'd while gathering literally does not affect you. Processing in a dangerous area? That's your fault. Killed on a trade run? Bandit mechanic. Can't fish a hotspot because a PKer came and is killing the afk fishers? Say something in general chat, they will be dead in no time because people hate that! If you are someone who doesn't want PVP, then you don't want this game.

The only time I was ever "Pk'd" was during guild wars and I was afk, and guess what? That's my fault entirely. I shouldn't have afk'd outside a safe zone because its a stupid thing to do!~ If you are dying to "random people killing [you]" I have a hard time believing that you are even at your keyboard. Press V and book it. Done. You can easily run away in V and crouch (Q while outside combat) to hide your name and player minimap square.

The game isn't "broken" or "not punishing" you are simply bad at the game and are too sheltered to admit it. My guild has constant wars against us and we against others. I had to pvp for almost every grind spot from catfish, to kzarka shrine, to monastery, to sausan, and elric and the list goes on. Try completing a field boss with 6+ Guild declarations from the top guilds on your server. It's really really difficult fun! Just because you are bad, does not mean the game is bad. Go read some guides and use your time more wisely. (Hopefully my spoilers hid the images properly, new to formatting.)

1 person likes this

Posted

Many people seem concerned that the changes made to the NA/EU pvp system do not actually represent the mainstay desires of the Western player base and in fact will be detrimental to the game, scaring off potential players and possibly becoming a trigger for many pve oriented players to quit, without actually providing much upside for the players who enjoy ffa owpvp.

This poll simply asks would you prefer the Korean system, which lets you level to 50 without the fear of being ganked, and even opt out of pvp based on the pvp quest, or do you think the changed system we have for NA/EU is better?

Terrible idea. 

Alternativly ...

The only way this would reasonably work is if the pvp quest was moved to lvl 45. There is too much lvl 50 content to exploit by being immune to pvp. Imagine all of southern calpheon covered in bots and lowbies you can't kill. There would be no way for smaller or new guilds to do guild quests in southern calpheon.

Bots would spam witch earrings and mark of shadows.  The price would go down, but I dot support botting.

Posted

The game was developed in Korea with the Korean system in mind.

It should NEVER have been changed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry you signed up for a pvp game and didn't want to pvp ?  how many threads are going to pollute forums while 90% of the playerbase is just playing hte game and having fun.  

Posted

BDO is more like a sandbox at a preschool, you're 5 years old and you just wanna build that castle but the big dumb kid that had to repeat the grade once or twice wants to kick it down and take the box for himself. You spend your time looking over your shoulder defensively positioning yourself and scanning the area for potential competition.

Is this really an example that anyone would want to put forward in support of ganking lower players in OWPvP?  

What is wrong with people lol