• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dear everyone who voted in favor of auto-pathing...

308 posts in this topic

Posted

I voted against auto-pathing. And it's no surprise to see the game areas, particularly the towns, are an absolute f__king mess with this convoy of people running/lumbering/riding back and forward.

the worst part about it though is the fact that my alt is currently online auto-pathing for stamina while I'm here at work.

It's basically now become a requirement.

Posted

ITT: I have no life so I get all the things, if you have a job you're a pleb go die in a fire.

*sais while auto pathing in Calpheon for Strength* ;)

Posted (edited)

I also voted for NO.

I remember, people were happy that they dont get blowed everything in the butt but now we have autoloop.

You level your toon when you play the game! 

Same with fishing, you shouldnt get xp when you dont hit the spacebar.

*sarcasm on*

When we can except auto-eat, auto-loot, auto-gather? 

Same with the xp - fishing - bug on the weekend. Well played.

Im sad and i think im not alone. Dont misunderstand, i really love this game ... but. ..

Edited by eRbSe
1 person likes this

Posted

0-30 takes 72 hours minimum. In that time you can earn 20mil+ easily, so if you want to call going AFK to level up a horse rewarding then by all means do so mate, but I'll call Oxford on your behalf and let them know the definition has changed. 

It's still a reward.

Clearly you have not met AFK fishing .....

For the people complaining about AFK strength training ..... Yeah cause +30 WT is game changing ... The only truly broken AFK method is fishing.

I agree, but I don't think we needed any more incentives to AFK in this game.

Posted

I can see your point, but I really don't agree with having the ability to progress in a game while you sleep, work, or anything else in general. As I said, what is the point in a game if you aren't playing? Also, this doesn't really apply to me, but I know people who don't have incredibly strong computers. Their machines can't run a game endlessly. It especially isn't fair to them that they can't afk level their horses like so many others can now. I can appreciate convenience, but automating mechanics of a game is far more silly to me than sitting down and working toward your goals.

the games designed so that ppl who work can sort of keep up with no lifers it's a good system for the people who work 8-12+ hours a day to not be completely useless and without silver (they will still be behind hardcores even with this)

Posted (edited)

What is the point of playing a game if you aren't actually playing it? Please. Tell me. "Waaah, leveling horses takes too long." Well, then maybe you don't deserve a good horse if you aren't willing to put forth the effort to get one. It boils down to laziness, and your instant gratification mindsets.

Yeah, exactly what I said and feel like. But hey, at least you see only around 20-30 Wagons going from Calpheon to Heidel, and that is not even the save roads which are packed, sometimes 5+ wagons ramming into each other in a huge clump. Hach. Fun times. Makes the RPG look like 95% AFK time, 5% playing atm. :)

And for the people flaming that "quality afk run leveling" is no gameplay. You know the horse levels fast with fun doing horse combat etc (Took me 2 weeksdays with 10h job + sleep to get my T6 to 21) ? Nobody forces you to ride from A to B, or do trading, or whatever. That you chose to simple run back and forth is your problem, not the games. And even IF that would be the whole problem: The Trainerskill just needs a +% horse xp / rank and problem would've been solved. IN a GOOD and USEFUL way.

Edited by Jinxed It

Posted

All I did was do trade runs and watched tv before auto looping so i dont feel any different lol

Posted

Yeah, exactly what I said and feel like. But hey, at least you see only around 20-30 Wagons going from Calpheon to Heidel, and that is not even the save roads which are packed, sometimes 5+ wagons ramming into each other in a huge clump. Hach. Fun times. Makes the RPG look like 95% AFK time, 5% playing atm. :)

Although I haven't come across these types of pileups along the roads I know that it will be distressing to experience as it spreads to infect the game with these zombie AFK automatons. I suppose that Daum/PA thinks this is a good idea to enable in order to keep players interested in the game by setting up these hands-free-tied-only-to-time character advancements but they will clutter up the game excessively over time I think.

AFK fishing is not so bad in this respect since at least the player characters are standing out of the paths of frequently traveled areas and the travel pathing to set destinations ended rather than to continue to cycle on indefinitely as these newer auto-pathing systems do. Character advancement without playing the game enabled in these ways is just a pretty strange system. We used to call this botting but times have changed I guess.

Anyway, I like to watch the scenery pass by as I ride my horse or cart to various destinations so for me things won't change much and I can at least weave around these road pileups, for now. 

Posted

You're all terrible. Why would you ever think that auto-pathing was a good idea? As if auto-fishing wasn't bad enough, now we can all have max level tier 9000 horses with no work involved. I play on Orwen - Calpheon 2, and depending on who's online, I'm between rank 1-3 in training. Why? Because I worked for it. I went out, captured a million wild horses, and sat there running my horses all over the map to level and breed them. It was a great quality of the game, and now you people ruined it. What is the point of playing a game if you aren't actually playing it? Please. Tell me. "Waaah, leveling horses takes too long." Well, then maybe you don't deserve a good horse if you aren't willing to put forth the effort to get one. It boils down to laziness, and your instant gratification mindsets.

And for those of you who are going to tell me that I'm a raging no-life nerd, and the only reason why I can get professional 3 in training is because I'm unemployed and live in my Mom's basement, no. You're wrong. I work full time. The horse aspect of the game was an enjoyable thing for me to do when I do play, which I preferred over grinding mobs, or anything else.

Oh, and thanks. Now there are no carrots on the marketplace.

Are you sure that when you were leveling the horses on the wagon on your trade run the popcorns weren't fresh out of the microwave with the latest re-run of South Park on the telly? Or you actually pressed "W" + shift or just "W" for the hundreds of hours you claim?

Posted

lerl u only have a Job nothing else?

plies...

i have a Job, a gf, a Hobby(Bodybuilding lerl) ..come at my Level bro

Training 4 times a week, cooking everyday for the perfect gains.

and than bdo n chill

deadlift 280kg

squat 260kg

benchpress 180kg

Posted

lerl u only have a Job nothing else?

plies...

i have a Job, a gf, a Hobby(Bodybuilding lerl) ..come at my Level bro

Training 4 times a week, cooking everyday for the perfect gains.

and than bdo n chill

deadlift 280kg

squat 260kg

benchpress 180kg

*insert random waffle, in reply to the random waffle.*

Posted

how miren can a mirer be. lel

Posted

soon we will need couple more nuclear powerplants to power those gaming PC's 24/7 :D:D

Posted

Lol

Posted

Sad fact is...so many ignorant farts in this topic and community so such Topics are only food for Trolls :(

I hate the AfK Shit in Black Desert too thats why i kill always each AfK Fishing or AutoLoop Horse Rider i can find just to f*** them up :)

Posted (edited)

Agree with OP.

But the lazy noobs always win.

Say thanks to all the casual cry babies.

Edited by DarkBever
1 person likes this

Posted

Sad fact is...so many ignorant farts in this topic and community so such Topics are only food for Trolls :(

I hate the AfK Shit in Black Desert too thats why i kill always each AfK Fishing or AutoLoop Horse Rider i can find just to f*** them up :)

That moment where your idea of funny is only funny to you ..... Like telling a joke in an empty room.

Hey look everyone, we have a self proclaimed Arsehole. Lets all respect his Arseholery

1 person likes this

Posted

Just sayin, I'm not gonna mess with you but announcing your server and channel and poking bears in a OWPvP game? Not bright my friend.

Posted

Honestly pretty much all I did religiously was breed and train horses before autoloop but now that autoloop is there I can train horses while I sleep and go to work. :D It's great!

Also PS my machine is two years old and a laptop lol and it can handle it just fine.

Posted

At OP. You seem like the kind of person who queued up all night for the latest iPhone, only to get angry at someone who received one via the post the same day.

i get it, you invested a lot of time for something and now others (who still have to invest the time) can do it automatically with less effort.

yeah it isnt great for you, but it's happened and it's great for others. Not sure what your aim is other than to vent. Vent away, have a go at me if it makes you feel better. I can take it. 

the problem is that this auto pathing is anti-mmo system that have no place in a game like this.  you might as well hive everyone max rank fishing too since many are afk fishing anyway. its same deal, no difference.

Posted

That moment where your idea of funny is only funny to you ..... Like telling a joke in an empty room.

Hey look everyone, we have a self proclaimed Arsehole. Lets all respect his Arseholery

Deal with it as we have to deal with your AfK Lifetime in BDO

Stay in your Safe Zones and push your cheap Stats it wont affect much of your skill in fights :)

Posted

In all seriousness, I would like auto combat. I enjoy trading/gathering/farming and feel the combat and grind is tedious and slow and would much rather afk that aspect of the game. Fighting the same mobs in the same area with the same repetitive skills is boring; traveling the whole map selling items, stopping to work my gardens, and occasionally harvesting nodes is quite relaxing. Auto combat would just be a convenience same as the other auto features, your gonna level sooner or later anyhoo.

This is a great idea. I like the other spects of the game most so this would be good feature. I would also like to get my workers to do my summon scrolls for me.

Posted

You're all terrible. Why would you ever think that auto-pathing was a good idea? As if auto-fishing wasn't bad enough, now we can all have max level tier 9000 horses with no work involved. I play on Orwen - Calpheon 2, and depending on who's online, I'm between rank 1-3 in training. Why? Because I worked for it. I went out, captured a million wild horses, and sat there running my horses all over the map to level and breed them. It was a great quality of the game, and now you people ruined it. What is the point of playing a game if you aren't actually playing it? Please. Tell me. "Waaah, leveling horses takes too long." Well, then maybe you don't deserve a good horse if you aren't willing to put forth the effort to get one. It boils down to laziness, and your instant gratification mindsets.

And for those of you who are going to tell me that I'm a raging no-life nerd, and the only reason why I can get professional 3 in training is because I'm unemployed and live in my Mom's basement, no. You're wrong. I work full time. The horse aspect of the game was an enjoyable thing for me to do when I do play, which I preferred over grinding mobs, or anything else.

because unlike you, I'm an adventurer. I have more important things to do than play with ponies all day, such as killing demons

Posted (edited)

Auto path loop is better.

Carrots are able to be bought from the stable NPC.

Quit your -----ing, we're not terrible and if you're not having fun go play another game.

also if you actually think you'll have maxed out tier 7 or higher horses without any work haha... You're sadly mistaken. 

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

I am so friggin thrilled that you are here crying about this after I witnessed you snipe a horse from someone who failed their tame on Orwen. You sir can DIAF.

Oh and Autopathing rocks.