• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Getting griefed while AFK.

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Hur dur 

Posted

I went afk, when I came back both me and my horse were dead, killed by a Boar.

I demand immunity do dmg while afk!

Posted

use an alt to fish 

Posted

I went afk, when I came back both me and my horse were dead, killed by a Boar.

I demand immunity do dmg while afk!

Really odd how many of you are toxic.

Posted

i need immunity when I pvp. I'm not korean

Posted

True story is toxic?

You spread toxins while breathing then!

Posted

Reminder that only toxic people use the term "toxic".

1 person likes this

Posted

lol.... if this is toxic to you. I dont understand how you tolerate life. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree, the collision detection in this game is kinda bad; there is a reason most western MMOs have collision detection on avatars turned off; especially when you have 30yr olds who act like ADHD 15 yr olds (a few in this thread as you can see). The good news is eventually most will get bored and leave the game; the ones left behind will eventually be policed by the grown up community.

When I was doing a bundle run from Moleti farm to Heidel some random asshat playing a Ranger came out of nowhere and started shouting "slut" "slut" "slut" (all he could say I guess) trying to bump into me to slow me down, then he proceeded to drag mobs onto me to try and get me killed. xD

All i could do was laugh my ass off since the mobs were weak and he was making an idiot out himself trying to grief me..I was autopathing so it wasn't effecting me at all...he looked and sounded like a retarded BOT run amuck...then someone who saw him decided to just kill them all off me, then again with the  "slut" "slut" "slut"..."kill, kill, kill"....by this time I am rolling....I guess he finally got bored and ran off.

Edited by Tillerzz

Posted

I have been thoroughly enjoying BDO, but I don't have the time to play it nearly as much as I would like (job, life, family, etc.). One of the things that sparked my interest was the concept of AFK fishing. As someone who works, I could still accrue currency and not fall behind too much. The only problem with this...you can die while AFK. Not only do you have to leave your computer on (which is ridiculous), but people come along and grief at hotspots. This happens twice a day or more to me. Between this and the horrendous collision detection, AFK fishing is actually counter productive. It is really, really frustrating to come back from work and find only a few fish in my inventory or, worse, that I have lost EXP (from someone griefing with their boat). Being subjected to griefing while AFK and completely defenseless is about as toxic an experience you can have in this game. 

It would be really nice to see Daum do something about this.

fishing alt that will always stay below 45. Profit

Posted

OP wants free silver with no risk.. I sit on Ilya island for my fishing for this reason, and I'm not gonna complain about the money made that I wouldnt otherwise make.

Entitlement is real

Posted

I agree, the collision detection in this game is kinda bad; there is a reason most western MMOs have collision detection on avatars turned off; especially when you have 30yr olds who act like ADHD 15 yr olds (a few in this thread as you can see). The good news is eventually most will get bored and leave the game; the ones left behind will eventually be policed by the grown up community.

Yep, yep, yep. Aged, niche communities (which I hope this becomes), tend to be the absolute best MMO experiences.

Posted

What if the fish are the ones killing you?

3 people like this

Posted

Sorry OP your only option here is making an alt for fishing at hotspots.

I don't see Daum changing their core game mechanics; you either stay below 45 or you can fish at safe zones (no hotspots) to increase your fishing level overnight.

I have my main at 44 doing all the professions and an alt at lvl 50 for grinding mobs. I suggest you do the same.

Posted

Happened to me too today. Woke up and I was drowned apparently, lol. 

But meh. It's whatever. Because that's one time outta the past 9 times I've gone that it happened? and each of the 9 times I raked in a little over a mil. Hard to complain really. SUPER low risk vs SUPER high reward imo.

Posted

That doesn't stop people picking you off from your boat with their own then remote collecting their boat and similar forms of griefing. From what I understand, OP is talking about all sorts of griefing, not just classic PK-ing.

Oh i did undestand that. But the only valuable thing you lose is the xp, hence going with an alt. I got killed several times while afk fishing, all i did was get back on those boats and fish again.

Posted

Oh i did undestand that. But the only valuable thing you lose is the xp, hence going with an alt. I got killed several times while afk fishing, all i did was get back on those boats and fish again.

That's a problem though.  If you die because of some bug that people are exploiting, it needs to be fixed.  If you die because you're 45+ and someone kills you, that's fine.  If there was some mechanic in the game where someone else could ram your boat enough and break it, not saying there is, that would also be fine.  Fix the bugs.

Posted

1. If you are getting killed because you're getting bumped while afk, that is some minor bullsh*t. It shouldn't be a problem in the first place, but on the other hand it's not an insurmountable problem. The solution is to move to a spot where you can still fish, but where you're not getting bumped by boats.

2. If other players are killing you while you're afk in a combat zone, I have no sympathy for you. It's called Risk v. Reward, and it's a basic part of any mmo.

Posted

404 Sympathy Not Found. 

Posted

You are afk in a open world pvp game, you can die, deal with it..  If you dont want pvp just stay below lvl 45 

Posted

That was a hilarious thread where that got brought up. Unless your computer is behind what it needs to be to play this in the first place that's not really an issue and gets me laughing whenever it's mentioned.

Not to mention if you minimize the game it truly does use minimal system resources and continue afk fishing. So even if your computer is far behind where it needs to be afk fishing is no worse on your computer than simply leaving it on. You would spend more on lighting a single room in your house when you are awake and active than the 'electricity/wear and tear on computer parts.

I agree. My computer runs all the time anyway. Yeah, it goes to sleep now and then but somehow always gets woke up...someone bumps the desk or the cat walks on the keyboard or something. It rarely stay sleeping. It costs nothing to run a computer 24/7 but  if you are that concerned about it shut the monitor off. M

Posted

I think its funny.

If someone risks gaining a crap ton of negative karma from nuking a fishing hotspot... maybe they are rage quitting.

I mean, it's almost impossible to just pick 1 or 2 off since these people are packing in so tight together. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think its funny.

If someone risks gaining a crap ton of negative karma from nuking a fishing hotspot... maybe they are rage quitting.

I mean, it's almost impossible to just pick 1 or 2 off since these people are packing in so tight together. 

I laughed too hard from this, thanks

Posted

I don't see this as a form of griefing.  While I can't deny that some people do things like this to grief, there are also many that do this to gain the spot for themselves/friends/guild members.  This is a pvp heavy game, even when on the sea.  It is a part of the game to fight for those areas, just as people fight for good grind spots.  You are taking a risk when you afk, but the thing is... you don't have to.  Also, as Hayama pointed out, Karma can be a -----.

Posted

People have to be pretty bored to do this. But you are getting free silver while not really doing anything. risk vs reward. Most people don't really kill fishermen. Also, like other people have said you can easily make an alt just to fish actually I would say it's recommended. No potentially getting PK'd and easy travel because you keep your alt + boat at the sea and just login.. and you are slowly gaining easy levels on the alt character too.