• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What we absolutely can't do right now

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Whatever background the playerbase hails from, a majority of us are experienced gamers who most likely have played multiple MMOs prior to BDO. These MMOs in which we all carry fond memories of, most likely at this point in time, have seen multiple updates, low lows and high peaks. These MMOs may have the best PVE/PVP content you've ever experienced, but at this point for whatever reason, you've grown past it, and want something new. It's the reason we're all here really.

What we absolutely can't do right now, is expect a game still in its infancy to be filled with content to match MMOs that have already seen years of updates, balancing, overhauls, and play. 

This game to me seems to have a perfect balance point for PVers and PVPers alike. The beautiful graphics, the extensive life skills, the eye-pleasing action oriented combat system and proper implementation of a non-P2W cash shop are all attractive for both types of players. However, whats truly interesting is if they successfully disarm Real Money Transactions from happening, it's going to go in a direction that will be unprecedented, in my opinion, than most current MMOs that do have RMT or some influence thereof. What this will bring about is the fact that if there's no trading, no one to give you help by directly giving you large amounts of silver or gear, and no way to turn real money into large amounts of ingame currency, everyone will have to play the game and work hard on their own to become strongerThe life skills are a great way to earn money for players who wish to take a break from grinding mobs and appeals to those who wish to make up the difference of not having the time to grind mobs for silver for gear progression. Since gear will be at a fixed price, it will be within everyone's reach as long as they spend some sort of effort to make silver whether it be at a faster pace of active grinding, or through slower afk autofishing. If there's no inflation to continuously hike up the price of gear, it gives everyone the chance to get geared to certain levels/tiers. As long as you invested time in BDO in some form in gaining silver, you're always gonna be able to upgrade pretty well at the bare minimum. 

So now you're wondering, well, if everyone had a surplus of silver and are well geared, it's not fair that one had to work actively to grind for it while another can just afk and get the same gear. I'd like to tackle this by first saying that actively grinding mobs at higher levels, if you have the knowledge and the know how, is much more profitable than just sitting around afk fishing. Next, comes the fact that we all won't necessarily have the same level of gear, as the gold-sink will come into play; upgrading your gear with blackstones. Alot of people will argue that you'll find a good amount of blackstones on your grind sessions, but not everyone will have the same upgrade outcome in terms of actually upgrading the equipment. Some will have to grind more and invest more time than others to successfully enchant their gear. Last, you would want the majority of the playerbase to get geared, as they will be the ones providing content for end game PVP content. It will give true PVPers a sense of skill when defeating those with similar gear/level, and those who are less confident in their PVP skills an experience to learn from rather than just getting 1 shot in low level gear.

One thing that alot of people may or may not know about is that they are bringing in viable endgame open world PVP/PK in the Valencia Pt. 2 update! This may just be the first step in providing PVP content, as time will tell what kind of updates we will see. I think of the release as more of a calm before the storm, letting everyone get a feel for the game, to learn the ropes, and plan out what classes/playstyles they wish to delve into. The Valencia Pt. 2 update in my opinion holds great promise of the inevitability of the game shifting towards the open world PVP/PK endgame the PVPers want while hopefully bringing relevant PVE content updates for those who would have thoroughly enjoyed the initial content offerings. So take the time to sharpen your wits, knowledge and skills, there's a great journey ahead of us all for those willing to brave the storm!

19 people like this

Posted

I think I will compare BDO to WoW, I think that sounds like a good idea.

2 people like this

Posted

What we absolutely can't do right now, is play the NA/EU version of the game.

Fixed it for you.

But anyways, good post and I agree.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just hope for the best with this game and that people don't hold too high of expectations for it. 

Posted

Agree.

Posted

The hype is real. But it's our job as gamers to not get "too hyped" and build ourselves up for a let down. Stick with what we know to be true and ignore the rumors. We all remember the great Destiny Fail of 2014-2015. Let us not have such a tragedy in this case.

1 person likes this

Posted

Need to see more posts like this. I Agree wholeheartedly.

Posted

people will rush, and people will complain.
that's your standard mmo community.
i'll take it easy, and do whatever i can to enjoy my game.just as i did with the KR version.
sure, you can rush to whatever is your limit, but what for?
to compete with the other 1% of the community that will try the same?
that's not my cup of tea really, and i've never understood this kind of behaviour.
ultimately, it comes down to players being ready to understand what BDO actually is.
it's not a content driven game.there is no super awesome pvp gear awaiting you after taking down millions of weak players, just as there isn't any shiny gear awaiting you at the end of some instanced dungeon, as there are none of those in BDO.
everyone enjoys BDO in their own way, without the game forcing you into content you don't want to do.
this is something many will have to get used to.which was actually the standard before WoW came out.

Posted

The hype is real. But it's our job as gamers to not get "too hyped" and build ourselves up for a let down. Stick with what we know to be true and ignore the rumors. We all remember the great Destiny Fail of 2014-2015. Let us not have such a tragedy in this case.

Agreed.  It's also our job as gamers to remember that this is a game and not a life-changing experience or anything we're entitled to have.  It's a game.  It's meant to be fun.  Additionally, the publisher and developer owe us nothing.  By their good will they are communicating and listening to us.  It is well within their power to completely ignore the community.  Would that be good business practice?  Probably not.  But they have every right to do whatever the hell they want with their game.

We are, in some ways, at their mercy.  But we also have the power to refuse to purchase the game if it has gone irrevocably off the rails (whatever that means to each one of us).

2 people like this

Posted

On the one hand, I agree. On the other, as a paying customer who had gotten shit on by other gaming companies for years because of 'hyped' markets, I expect more than mediocrity.

Posted

sry but this game isnt in the infancy... its just going through metamorphosis as its out for last 2y in other regions, so pls get your facts straight before u start posting...

Posted (edited)

Imma compare BDO with parcheesi

Edited by Germanicus

Posted

sry but this game isnt in the infancy... its just going through metamorphosis as its out for last 2y in other regions, so pls get your facts straight before u start posting...

1 Year

Posted (edited)

Tells someone to get their facts straight, claims game has been out for 2 years when it just had its 1 year anniversary. How about you both get your facts straight.

Edited by Noth
1 person likes this

Posted

However, whats truly interesting is if they successfully disarm Real Money Transactions from happening, it's going to go in a direction that will be unprecedented, in my opinion, than most current MMOs that do have RMT or some influence thereof. What this will bring about is the fact that if there's no trading, no one to give you help by directly giving you large amounts of silver or gear, and no way to turn real money into large amounts of ingame currency, everyone will have to play the game and work hard on their own to become stronger

I find this a double edged sword. As much as I love the approach Pearl Abyss has taken, other players are getting their feathers all ruffled by this change to the norm. So many comments about how no trade is against the very fabric of MMOs to the point no matter how good a game might be some refuse to play without trading. 

The above and a few other reasons is why i think Black Desert is going to experience a rough patch shortly after release. I believe there will be a portion of the community saying some very negative things about BD. How PA responds during this period will determine the future success of Black Desert imo. The developers need to stay calm, don't panic, and continue to stick with their vision. They will be faced with players all screaming why the game failed and what needs to change. If Pearl Abyss can weather that storm it can keep BD evolving into something more special every patch. 

Posted

A lot of pointless clichés. And it is a game, you must not work hard, you shall have fun. Or you have a deep problem with addiction to the video games.

Posted (edited)

addicted to video games!!!!?!?!?!  NEVER!   

speaking of addictions - and video games

@OP  RMT is like digital crack bro - and there are always lot of potential digital crack heads to be exploited in mmo  communities - it's all about money and ethics - only difference is the dealers pretend to be your in game leaders too or hide behind them in their guilds.  lol which i guess you can say only difference between real life dealers and in game dealers  is that you can respect the real life ones more, they are not pretending to be something they aren't..  i hope that hurts someone's feelings - i suppose they both tell themselves it's just a job - however one is more honest than the other

if their presence isn't toxic what is?

Edited by bdo77

Posted

On the one hand, I agree. On the other, as a paying customer who had gotten shit on by other gaming companies for years because of 'hyped' markets, I expect more than mediocrity.

That you got shit on by other gaming companies may speak for the other companies' practices, and/or it may speak for poor consumer decisions (we've all made those under the beer-goggle effects of hype).  I've experienced both; once both at the same time.  It happens.

As a paying customer, one would be best served taking the WYSIWYG approach.  A game as it is right now is the basis for making your decision to buy that game right now.  What happens after your purchase is actually irrelevant to what happened when you made that initial purchase.  Can you experience buyer's remorse?  Sure.  Would it be useful to explain to the company why you are experiencing buyer's remorse and will refuse to further support the product?  Absolutely.

But if you are cautious about how a game will turn out, especially a few months after launch, then don't buy the game right now.  If you give into impatience and immediate gratification, and you're still cautious or unsure, then the end result of your experience with that game not meeting your expectations is on you.  You didn't have to buy the game now.  You could have waited to see how things would turn out.

1 person likes this

Posted

That you got shit on by other gaming companies may speak for the other companies' practices, and/or it may speak for poor consumer decisions (we've all made those under the beer-goggle effects of hype).  I've experienced both; once both at the same time.  It happens.

As a paying customer, one would be best served taking the WYSIWYG approach.  A game as it is right now is the basis for making your decision to buy that game right now.  What happens after your purchase is actually irrelevant to what happened when you made that initial purchase.  Can you experience buyer's remorse?  Sure.  Would it be useful to explain to the company why you are experiencing buyer's remorse and will refuse to further support the product?  Absolutely.

But if you are cautious about how a game will turn out, especially a few months after launch, then don't buy the game right now.  If you give into impatience and immediate gratification, and you're still cautious or unsure, then the end result of your experience with that game not meeting your expectations is on you.  You didn't have to buy the game now.  You could have waited to see how things would turn out.

You cannot compare normal everyday products to gaming. You just can't. Gone are the days where we get completed games that need little tweaks. What we get now are half-assed versions of the original visions of the creators because of profit. And as a consumer niche, we've grown to accept this because 'ooo shiny'.
Paying for early access prior to launch, or even a year after that launch is akin to buying stock. You can do all the research on that stock you want, but the company can still tank and you lose your investment. In the gaming industry, especially the mmo niche, more often than not, we get a rushed version that may end up being decent, but the damage will be dealt long before it ever reaches great status. I'd rather them take their time and build a quality game then sit here and go balls deep for profit alone.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Tells someone to get their facts straight, claims game has been out for 2 years when it just had its 1 year anniversary. How about you both get your facts straight.

KR CBT was october 2013 and it had multiple other betas through 2014 and it got released in 2014 which is than basically close 2y as betas are nearly finished games...

Edited by HollowStone

Posted

bringing relevant PVE content updates for those who would have thoroughly enjoyed the initial content offerings

Is their most important task imo.

Posted

Paying for early access prior to launch, or even a year after that launch is akin to buying stock. You can do all the research on that stock you want, but the company can still tank and you lose your investment. In the gaming industry, especially the mmo niche, more often than not, we get a rushed version that may end up being decent, but the damage will be dealt long before it ever reaches great status. I'd rather them take their time and build a quality game then sit here and go balls deep for profit alone.

I like your similes, can we discuss them more over a drink? 9_9

During its first year, NA BDO will see many updates to bring it up to speed. We are the LAST market for release. Consider all that they've done that hasn't directly affected us but they gave just as much attention to, as they are giving to us now. I'm talking about the other major markets here, KR, JP, RU, and now it's our turn NA/EU. So look ahead 1 year from now, we're all on the same page give or take a few months because they're always going to use their home market of KR to test and breakout new game concepts and additions. They have a lot more invested in their 'game' than I know I'll ever be aware of. Today if something isn't made to last we can smell it can't we? If corners are cut, it's made with cheap labor or parts, or to be replaced in a years time, we can tell can't we. I've been around long enough I like to think I can smell shit when it's put under my nose. A year from today, with New Years 2017 days away, tell me then if any of you are getting a whiff a something like you stepped in youknowwhat. Until then remain seated with your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. Let BDO be BDO for a little while, we can do that, we can be patient and let them be our host while we show them we can be good guests. I have faith that they might have a vision of a far reaching future for the good of all, game / player / company. And remember why we're last for release, because we're spoiled! We're picky and choosy and we criticize everything! Ours is a society of over abundance of everything, of instant gratification, and of griefers mainly. So I'm gonna think good thoughts, I'm gonna keep my mind open, and I'm gonna wait and see where we go from here.

Drifter said it all better than me, but yeah I wanted to agree and throw my spin on it too. Good job OP!

2 people like this

Posted

I like your similes, can we discuss them more over a drink? 9_9

During its first year, NA BDO will see many updates to bring it up to speed. We are the LAST market for release. Consider all that they've done that hasn't directly affected us but they gave just as much attention to, as they are giving to us now. I'm talking about the other major markets here, KR, JP, RU, and now it's our turn NA/EU. So look ahead 1 year from now, we're all on the same page give or take a few months because they're always going to use their home market of KR to test and breakout new game concepts and additions. They have a lot more invested in their 'game' than I know I'll ever be aware of. Today if something isn't made to last we can smell it can't we? If corners are cut, it's made with cheap labor or parts, or to be replaced in a years time, we can tell can't we. I've been around long enough I like to think I can smell shit when it's put under my nose. A year from today, with New Years 2017 days away, tell me then if any of you are getting a whiff a something like you stepped in youknowwhat. Until then remain seated with your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. Let BDO be BDO for a little while, we can do that, we can be patient and let them be our host while we show them we can be good guests. I have faith that they might have a vision of a far reaching future for the good of all, game / player / company. And remember why we're last for release, because we're spoiled! We're picky and choosy and we criticize everything! Ours is a society of over abundance of everything, of instant gratification, and of griefers mainly. So I'm gonna think good thoughts, I'm gonna keep my mind open, and I'm gonna wait and see where we go from here.

Drifter said it all better than me, but yeah I wanted to agree and throw my spin on it too. Good job OP!

You mad because Franklin stole your thunder ;)?

Posted (edited)

You mad because Franklin stole your thunder ;)?

I'm not mad because they stole my ideas, I'm mad because they don't have any of their own.B|

Edited by Tesla
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not man because they stole my ideas, I'm mad because they don't have any of their own.B|

Aaaaaayyyy

I like you.