• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Were players/guild punished for exploiting the world boss?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

We seem to have forgotten what has happened to Red Face and many others who exploited the World boss by stunning it with a gun. Were there any actions given upon these players/guilds? If not, then is it safe to assume that exploiting is allowed with no RISK? The reason I say that it is allowed because if Duam did not take any action upon these players (if it is allowed), then why patch the exploit? It would not make any sense to patch a exploit and not give any punishments to those who actually did exploit. This means that it is SAFE to exploit anything in the game until it is patch because you KNOW that Duam will do anything about it. If you want to make this a better game, you would do anything to prevent this from happening and punish the players who break the ToS. For instance, I know people who are using macros to afk gather, fish, and train their horses in which NO punishment has been given. 

Posted

Nothing was done per usual. Continue on now!

Posted (edited)

You guys may want to be more mindful of your words. Some people are sensitive. (^_^)

Edited by Luciferia
yeah, I'm being vague. Can't be helped.

Posted

Unless their Forum accounts where band -you would think they would be on here Complaining .

Posted

There is a big Daum rule about taking advantage of exploits and how you MUSTN'T do it.

So nope, nothing was done.

The exploit was patched in the very next update. So it obviously was an exploit.

The guilds were allowed to take advantage of the exploit without punishment.

Cue more silence from this sorry excuse of a company.

Posted

Nothing was done per usual. Continue on now!

I still see a lot of members of RedFace on the leader board and I am guessing that it is safe to assume that its okay to exploit bugs for your own personal gains until it is patched. What kind of company allows players to exploit bugs and not give punishment to those who participated? Doesn't matter if half the player base participated in this exploit, but it shows how a company takes serious action against players who do.

Posted

What kind of company allows players to exploit bugs and not give punishment to those who participated

The same kind of company that doesn't allow player trading just so they don't have to hire any GMs to police gold sellers.

8 people like this

Posted

Nice to see how nobody cares and this thread died almost instantly. Guys, we get what we deserve.

Posted

I honestly don't care. Most of the people griping about it didn't even understand the full extent of how it actually worked and that it wasn't some magic bullet. If they had enough numbers to kill the boss in the first place, they would've done it with or without the matchlock.

Not to mention people act like everyone and their mom were getting livertos. Truth is, the amount of people who benefitted from this was insignificant and no one complained about it being done when everyone was attacking the world boss and not just one Guild.

2 people like this

Posted

Same as all the guilds who still abuse the Escape exploit. Nothing is ever done.

Posted (edited)

Nothing was done, because the mechanic was intended. It was Daums fault for neglecting the cooldown.

Dont believe me? You can still use that same mechanic (though, a cooldown was added).

Edited by woodydave

Posted

It wasn't an exploit. Daum just changed their mind on world boss mechanics. 

because the way it was being used wasnt what they intended it to be. Gitrekt

Posted

Did anyone really expect something to be done about it. 

Posted

Nothing was done, because the mechanic was intended. It was Daums fault for neglecting the cooldown.

Dont believe me? You can still use that same mechanic (though, a cooldown was added).

Mechanic is intended, results of it was not. That means it was exploiting an unexpected result of a mechanic. I know of no MMORPG that has not at least temp banned players for doing such things.

Posted

Mechanic is intended, results of it was not. That means it was exploiting an unexpected result of a mechanic. I know of no MMORPG that has not at least temp banned players for doing such things.

Exploiters are exploiters, its always the same people.

They don't just bump into exploits, they actively look for them. They have accounts on various game hack sites often using the same name as they use in-game. Trust me, temp ban solves nothing. Daum needs to get rid of them because they will just be trouble again and again down the road. ESPECIALLY IF THEY ENCOURAGE THEM BY LETTING THEM GET AWAY WITH IT.

Just my 2 cents. And btw those who already showed up here to defend them were probaly part of the exploit.

Posted

Obviously, you are allowed to exploit as long as they don't make a statement about the specific exploit or patch it.

Their rules say otherwise, but they are not following their own rules, so why should players?

Posted

Sadly it was deemed an exploit, and they did NOTHING to revert it, or punish the players. If it was intended, they would not have fixed it... sadly this company allows exploiting...

Posted

Ofcourse not they will claim they are still investigating but guess what the investigation will last forever. its sad but true.

Posted

Nope they didn't do anything to the exploiters, mechanic or not it was broken from the beginning which made it an exploit. 

It enrages me how it's always the tricky, the shady who get an upper hand, while the honorable get straight -----ed up!

Shame on us legit players who didn't exploit the game and followed the rightful path! Shame on us!

Posted

Morale of the story: on BDO's western release, if you find a bug, exploit the living shit out of it. Then watch as Daum won't do anything because it's now too widespread for their 2 person staff to handle.

Posted

They didn't/neither they will ban anyone.

At least those of us that didn't use escape/rifle exploit will know better in the future & exploit the shit out of any future bug since there is no punishment.

Posted

They should ban everyone who were spamming Easter eggs pre-nerf by this logic.

1 person likes this

Posted

They should ban everyone who were spamming Easter eggs pre-nerf by this logic.

I'd be fine with that, though that isn't as severe as the boss exploit.

Posted

Nope, and they're guarding the Sausan Spots in all channels of Orwen with their Livertos :D