• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This Game keeps on surprising me

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There's a lot of complaints flooding around things that agreeably are frustrating. (Class Releases and such)

However, I'd like to take a minute to just gush about the upcoming things we've in store, that not only hardcore players will gush over, but Role-Players too.

1. Placeable Tents/Campfires/Node Wars

That's right. In KR's CBT Patch there were options to buy a tent and place it down ANYWHERE in the Game World (Excluding Existing Structures obviously). Although this option is mainly used for crossing The Black Desert itself and currently disabled in the game. When it releases, for the Hardcore gamers? Imagine setting up a tent near your favourite grind spot, running back to recover for a few moments, check some emails, then charge on back into the fray. For RPers? Need it need explaining? Perhaps some Black Desert Crossing RP? Or even after a large node war you and your fellow Role-Play bretheren need to catch some downtime to finalize the scene with some after-war RP.

2. Weather Patterns/Storms

We already have this currently, but let's take a moment to gush on things. With the Precipitation options on the maps and such, you can (sorta) tell when a storm is about to roll in. Covering your crop in much needed water supply. How cool is this!? For Hardcorers? Nothing more beautiful than an all out boss battle in the drenching rain. For RPers? It adds variety to your scene of course! Turns a lovers quarrel to something out of a Nicolas Sparks book.

3. Guild Boats (KR Upcoming Patch)

Do I need to gush about this me harteys!? Sail down the seven seas and blow holes in the bowels of yer enemies ships! And quite a different change to the town to a rugged ship! Imagine the types of characters you'll encounter!

4. Whale Hunting

Whale Hunting, nuff said, for everyone really. But a pretty damn cool addition to an already amazing game to cut down the lumbering giant of the sea and reap in the rewards!

5. Ridiculously Large Game World

We're talking ridiculously huge for an MMORPG. And there isn't anything stopping Daum from increasing their game size over and over again, already it's been stated it'll take hours to get from Valencia to Epheria, and that in itself is pretty damn huge given no fast travel.

6. Deep Sea Diving (KR Upcoming Patch)

Now this reminds me of Al'Bheds really bad, RP'ers can set up Guilds primarily donned as "Treasure Hunters" Or you can take your teammates out to plunder some serious loot.

These are just few things that Daum has given us, or soon to be giving us. And although yes, we don't have Blader/Plum just yet, I wanted to take the time to remind you all just how bloody cool this game really is. Thanksbye.

Edited by LazardAshtier
Removed a number from the list

Posted

I dunno how early the tents were in KR, but you're supposed to need them to travel in the desert at night. So I guess it will come with Valencia.

Dunno about those "hours to travel from Epheria to Valencia". If the desert is on the same scale as the current map, it doesn't look that big.

Posted

I love the storms in this game. Whenever one happens I just sit down and enjoy it (I also enjoy thunderstorms IRL) ^^

The guild boats and naval warfare are the things I look forward to the most. It was the thing I really enjoyed in Archage (RIP).

Posted

Where did you get the guild boats info?

Posted

I dunno how early the tents were in KR, but you're supposed to need them to travel in the desert at night. So I guess it will come with Valencia.

Dunno about those "hours to travel from Epheria to Valencia". If the desert is on the same scale as the current map, it doesn't look that big.

not hours, but that desert is huge AF. Same size as Calpheon+Balenos (land)+Serendia together. I would say it takes less then 1 hour to get from Trent to Valencia

Posted

There's a lot of complaints flooding around things that agreeably are frustrating. (Class Releases and such)

However, I'd like to take a minute to just gush about the upcoming things we've in store, that not only hardcore players will gush over, but Role-Players too.

1. Placeable Tents/Campfires/Node Wars

That's right. In KR's CBT Patch there were options to buy a tent and place it down ANYWHERE in the Game World (Excluding Existing Structures obviously). Although this option is mainly used for crossing The Black Desert itself and currently disabled in the game. When it releases, for the Hardcore gamers? Imagine setting up a tent near your favourite grind spot, running back to recover for a few moments, check some emails, then charge on back into the fray. For RPers? Need it need explaining? Perhaps some Black Desert Crossing RP? Or even after a large node war you and your fellow Role-Play bretheren need to catch some downtime to finalize the scene with some after-war RP.

2. Weather Patterns/Storms

We already have this currently, but let's take a moment to gush on things. With the Precipitation options on the maps and such, you can (sorta) tell when a storm is about to roll in. Covering your crop in much needed water supply. How cool is this!? For Hardcorers? Nothing more beautiful than an all out boss battle in the drenching rain. For RPers? It adds variety to your scene of course! Turns a lovers quarrel to something out of a Nicolas Sparks book.

3. Guild Boats (KR Upcoming Patch)

Do I need to gush about this me harteys!? Sail down the seven seas and blow holes in the bowels of yer enemies ships! And quite a different change to the town to a rugged ship! Imagine the types of characters you'll encounter!

4. Whale Hunting

Whale Hunting, nuff said, for everyone really. But a pretty damn cool addition to an already amazing game to cut down the lumbering giant of the sea and reap in the rewards!

5. Ridiculously Large Game World

We're talking ridiculously huge for an MMORPG. And there isn't anything stopping Daum from increasing their game size over and over again, already it's been stated it'll take hours to get from Valencia to Epheria, and that in itself is pretty damn huge given no fast travel.

6. Deep Sea Diving (KR Upcoming Patch)

Now this reminds me of Al'Bheds really bad, RP'ers can set up Guilds primarily donned as "Treasure Hunters" Or you can take your teammates out to plunder some serious loot.

These are just few things that Daum has given us, or soon to be giving us. And although yes, we don't have Blader/Plum just yet, I wanted to take the time to remind you all just how bloody cool this game really is. Thanksbye.

If you are on Orwen, PM Lykaon, Abigail_Violetta, Calista_Ebele, or Quinn_Hawk. My family name is Ryujinn! Add me~ I'd love to RP with you ingame. You seem to be a very lighthearted and fun person to RP with~ See you ingame!

Posted

after-war RP? in a tent? oh my :$

Posted (edited)

4. Whale Hunting

The cash shop is already there for that.

Sorry... That was too tempting.

Otherwise, more "rp" mecanic can be indeed nice for even more immersion, but well, that game supposed to be a "pvp focused game" attracted many angry-kids-cod-style players. So. well. yeah.

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0