• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

make taverns more live like, drinking, card games?

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I found taverns full of npc, but I wished if you could actually were able to do more things to kill time while there, other than getting knowledge from npc.

such as mini games like playing cards the witcher 3 style  or drinking ale with friends and guildies. 

I think we need some good dance emotes.

allow players to host parties in taverns,  would a good thing to do after guild meetings.

Edited by Aylindel
19 people like this

Posted

How about some Gwent?

*guildmate nods*

What about arm wrestling where you use the minigame used for horse taming ?

Ingame strength should be a factor too.

7 people like this

Posted

Why not ;p rpers would like it

Heck, even wheel barrows have their cute mini game in BDO

2 people like this

Posted

yes pls

Posted

I love this idea. That would be cool to have card mini game. As well as drinking with a drunk effect after so many drinks.

Posted

Minigames, minigames everywhere!

I would love something like this. What I also need to happen, is to be able to use the damn dartboards. The NPC keeps hogging the shit out of it even though I called next game hours ago.

I also wish we could sit at the tables in taverns. BDO has a nice edge detection system, but it doesn't recognize chairs/benches if they are too close to a table--like most are in the taverns. If I can't tap Q, at least give me an interaction key to force use the seat.

Last but not least, even though this is counter to the suggestion, I wish NPCs cleared out from time to time. These places can't be packed all the time, can they?

1 person likes this

Posted

This idea would make taverns come to life and feel more lively. I fully support this one! 

Posted

Minigames, minigames everywhere!

I would love something like this. What I also need to happen, is to be able to use the damn dartboards. The NPC keeps hogging the shit out of it even though I called next game hours ago.

I also wish we could sit at the tables in taverns. BDO has a nice edge detection system, but it doesn't recognize chairs/benches if they are too close to a table--like most are in the taverns. If I can't tap Q, at least give me an interaction key to force use the seat.

Last but not least, even though this is counter to the suggestion, I wish NPCs cleared out from time to time. These places can't be packed all the time, can they?

Sorry this is off topic but you can usually sit on benches in taverns if you just walk backwards into them to trigger your character sitting. (As you would with various walls to trigger the lean animation)

Also +1 to the topic's suggestion, mini games in taverns would be fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry this is off topic but you can usually sit on benches in taverns if you just walk backwards into them to trigger your character sitting. (As you would with various walls to trigger the lean animation)

Also +1 to the topic's suggestion, mini games in taverns would be fun.

I am aware that you can do this, but if you wanted to sit at the table, actually facing it, it is usually impossible. Benches that can be approached from either side, allow you to use them with your back to the table only. The edge detection, as it is currently, recognizes a chair that is too close to a table as a ramp/stairs. If you try and step on one and position yourself accordingly, you'll see that the character slowly moves upwards as if on a slope. If that same chair is pulled back far enough, you can suddenly sit on it again. I tested this, and the minimum distance required for a chair to be usable with a nearby table, more than I am willing to admit by moving said objects around in my home. I also tested various types of seats. Sometimes, you can get it to recognize the back of the chair, and you can sit on that with the characters feet on the seat...that is the only way, if too close, that you can still face the table.

Posted

I am aware that you can do this, but if you wanted to sit at the table, actually facing it, it is usually impossible. Benches that can be approached from either side, allow you to use them with your back to the table only. The edge detection, as it is currently, recognizes a chair that is too close to a table as a ramp/stairs. If you try and step on one and position yourself accordingly, you'll see that the character slowly moves upwards as if on a slope. If that same chair is pulled back far enough, you can suddenly sit on it again. I tested this, and the minimum distance required for a chair to be usable with a nearby table, more than I am willing to admit by moving said objects around in my home. I also tested various types of seats. Sometimes, you can get it to recognize the back of the chair, and you can sit on that with the characters feet on the seat...that is the only way, if too close, that you can still face the table.

Ah, I haven't done much testing on what you can sit on but figured I could offer up a possible solution that you may not be aware of. If you haven't already you should make a topic on this in the suggestions since I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people (especially RPers) that would actually care if this was fixed. 

Posted

How about some Gwent?

*guildmate nods*

yes I was playing the witcher 3 when I thought about it hehe.   would be nice to be able to do that in BD

Posted

I think this idea would be great for a future patch, when everyone is max level and would like to kill some time.

Posted

it would be interesting to see +1

Posted

we could even host parties with our guildies and friends there :D

Posted (edited)

They are already comparing the game to the Witcher. Might as well have some Dice Poker in the tavern o3o

witcher_poker.jpg

Edited by Matasuntha

Posted

A collectible card game such as Gwent would be soooo awesome in BDO.

Posted

How about some Gwent?

*guildmate nods*

Thats like the best idea tbh - besides the fact that strength is a shit life-skill to level up, that would increase the fun to do it :)

Posted

i posted in a similar thread that i was quite disappointed the dart boards were not functional. so much stuff they could do to make the taverns more of a RP gathering place including eating and drinking animations

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A tavern mini-game would be so awesome. 

Even more awesome if player to player gambling was allows.  So some card/dice game that mixes luck and bluffing.  That doesn't permit cheating so players know it's a fair non-rigged game.

Alternatively to encourage playing beyond it simply being an amusing time sink, winning the mini-game could provide some sort of in-game buff like a Luck buff or some sort of short term "Charisma" buff that allows slightly better trading buying/selling terms (or a short term buff to fishing say) a "free" (or cheap) Worker or Black Market search.  The precise buff could be random or depend upon the specific success you had in the game.   So there's a temptation to play at the Tavern in town before heading out to grind/trade/fish again.  And it might even change what you planning to do in the short term so you can take advantage of the buff you gained.

Edited by Internecine

Posted

+1 to the armwresteling idea, though to be honest a lot of the suggestions here sound nice.
Give it are more "realistic" bar feeling is what i'm getting at atleast.