• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Roleplayer Guide/Questions

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone!

So I've been thinking about making this thread for awhile now, where to post it, how to post it...All those types of things. I originally had a large-scale post typed out but I came to the realization that...something of that sort may just scare away the people I'm attempting to target with this, rather then do good, so I'm going to keep this as short, sweet, and simple as I possibly can.

The point of this thread is for newcomers to RP, whom just started recently and aren't quite sure of what to do, or perhaps just have a general interest in it but never put forth an effort of trying, or perhaps just a creative individual that loves art, creating, and storytelling yet never even -heard- of roleplaying in the context of an MMO, or never felt comfortable enough to try it. I want this to be a place where anyone can ask a question, a concern, whatever it may be and have a place where experienced roleplayers such as myself can answer said concerns and interests to the best of their ability. I feel this is important, for community growth and to keep RP lively and well and I'd rather have the thread and see it go unused then not make the thread period.

I'd like to keep topics such as if the game is getting a roleplay server off this thread, subjects such as ERP aren't welcome here for obvious reasons, while no one can stop a troll, I'm most likely going to ignore posts that are bashing or badmouthing RP and I ask others to do the same.

And who knows! Maybe we all make some new friends on here. I've spent a good portion of my time debating different points and additions on this forum and not enough just getting to know the community, I think I'd enjoy meeting more of the community and making friends with all you awesome people getting excited and ready for launch. I'd love to be able to find some people to play this beautiful and amazing game with outside of my usual group of friends. Thus is the point of an MMO anyways! Have fun guys.

Edited by MikeHeel
3 people like this

Posted

Very cool idea!  I hope you find a lot of people interested in this type of play.  Bringing the community together is always a good thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bumping.

I know there's got to be people out there! (Just showing my support, I don't really RP)

Posted

Always enjoyed the idea of RP in an MMO but never really got around to trying it out. Though the fact I would probably RP as an irate old hermit that lives in the old cave deep in the woods where nobody will bother me might not be conducive to an MMO style of role playing

Posted

It'd be nice if there was a sub forum for this, servers or not I'm quite happy to RP and find others who are interested. It'll be interesting to see what will unfold regarding guilds, the sieges and political intrigue has so much potential! ^_^ 

Posted

Always enjoyed the idea of RP in an MMO but never really got around to trying it out. Though the fact I would probably RP as an irate old hermit that lives in the old cave deep in the woods where nobody will bother me might not be conducive to an MMO style of role playing

That is more then acceptable, haha Just find a group of people that'd head your way and get you involved in RP. That's the basis, really any story, any character -can- work if you choose to let it. Most of my characters aren't very nice for example, which on the outside may appear counter-productive to RP but in actuality it does nothing but add to RP. haha I'd love to see your ol' hermit out there in the world someday. /nod

Posted

Well, I can only say, why don't you join the  BDORP forum?

http://www.blackdesertroleplayers.com/home

There's like four of those sites now. I typically only join enjin/community sites for guild recruiting later, as the communities usually get super clique-ish. Maybe it's good there! But just not my thing. haha I'd rather help RP'ers on the main-site.

Posted

Mister Mike Heel,

I would like to say thank you because you keep doing things than make me offer a thumbs up. Good idea, and I couldn't agree more about the "main-site" comment and assisting those new to RP.

Truthfully RP is what kept me in the MMO group of gamers. The community it brings about is always welcoming (in my experience) and I only hope to continue the welcoming aspect to those I meet in a game.

Perhaps a good ice breaker would be submitting links to known lore so some people who have yet to look into it have a base idea, and that way people might be able to work with that and obtain some experience on making a character biography. That sometimes helps be get my game face on.

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0