• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

marketplace bots? fact or fiction? what is the plan?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

so i dunno how the rest of you feel about the marketplace. for me it is just becoming a constant source of frustration. i will try to buy a popular item. so yes, i do search, yes, i do a refresh, and yes as soon as it pops up before i can even click the purchase button it goes gray again. so there are at least several problems, i am more than willing and interested to hear more

problem 1 - with my tinfoil hat on i truly think there are scripts peeps are running to grab items when they need it and there is no way for me to humanly click faster. if this is actually happening is Daum doing something about this?

problem 2 - i am just even slower than i think. in which case because i cannot win the clicking game i am never gonna get the item. never had this problem with any mmo i have played in the last 10 years that has auction house, marketplace etc. but again, maybe i am just terribly slow, bad ping, etc. 

problem 3 - maybe there are other issues i do not know about

answers

if bots, scripts etc are causing the problem how difficult will it be for Daum to dectect them and ban them?

this could be asking for an incredible amount of work to be done, but is there possibilities of peeps posting 'orders' on the marketplace? like i post an order for item A with the money to pay for it. a player who finds or crafts item A sees the order and sells me the item. no fuss, no muss. or does this open up all kinds of possibilities for even more abuse?

all i can truly say is that at times i feel the approach that Daum is taking to combat gold sellers etc is hurting the game a lot more than it is helping with all kinds of restrictions etc. 

what does everybody else think about how the marketplace is working out?

2 people like this

Posted

Fact, like gold sellers.

Posted

all i know is that searching on the internets (a veritable treasure trove of misinformation) pretty much everybody seems to agree and confirm that there are marketplace scripts/bots for this game. if so, then this is most likely the source of my frustration, and i have seen from several other posts others are getting frustrated too.

it would be great to see a post from the devs. even if they just tell me that i am too slow to click on the buy button and there are no magical bots or scripts it would be nice to know. and if they are working on a solution would be nice to know.

Posted

Even though theres a video showing about market place program, apparently in the eyes of fanboys theres none lol.

So you decide.

Posted

well at this point for me the marketplace might as well not exist. so i am now playing an mmo where i cannot trade, and there is no marketplace/auctionhouse. ugh . . . i realize they have to fight botters etc but you have to still design a game that is enjoyable. i think they forgot that part.

you cant just make every step of the game frustrating as heck and then just say 'cause gold sellers'

Posted

They need better captcha. The current captcha they use hurts human eyes but does little to stop scripts.

1 person likes this

Posted

Popular items have a bidding system on them, pretty much an RNG chance of buying items that are in very high demand. They'll have a purple B icon on the top left corner of the items icon, and basically you have like 30 seconds to click buy, do the captcha, and accept to place a bid. Then it goes to a random person that placed a bid

1 person likes this

Posted

forshure there is bots.. 100%  i dont no how they are doing it but its being done

Posted

captcha #s are read in memory via their ascii code, doesn't matter how hard the captcha is to read to humans

Posted

Popular items have a bidding system on them, pretty much an RNG chance of buying items that are in very high demand. They'll have a purple B icon on the top left corner of the items icon, and basically you have like 30 seconds to click buy, do the captcha, and accept to place a bid. Then it goes to a random person that placed a bid

prob is not for those rare items.

prob is about common materials mostly.

Posted

prob is not for those rare items.

prob is about common materials mostly.

Not from what i've heard, i see no lack of common materials on the market. Not to mention a worker can pull 1000+ materials in a day or two

Posted

well the worst possible experience i have had so far was waiting for grunil gloves. i saw the item go from gray to color and then to gray again. basically it was a less than one second blink of color/active. and then the number sold increased. so i am not really sure what is going on. it was def not 30 seconds at all. it was less than a second.

i guess my question is, are the devs just gonna leave this system alone? is there a plan to improve it?

1 person likes this

Posted

well the worst possible experience i have had so far was waiting for grunil gloves. i saw the item go from gray to color and then to gray again. basically it was a less than one second blink of color/active. and then the number sold increased. so i am not really sure what is going on. it was def not 30 seconds at all. it was less than a second.

i guess my question is, are the devs just gonna leave this system alone? is there a plan to improve it?

I've bought out grunil pieces in about a second during the first/second day of mediah release. People are just beating you to it. I'm not saying there are no bots, but they're not as bad as you think. The system works, but demand for new items exceeds supply. Nothing you can do to fix that

Grunil gloves arn't on the bidding system, just fyi.

Posted

Pure myth

Look at 5'30

Posted

ummm, crap. is that what i think it was? did that script just click purchase and complete the captcha faster than i can even blink? ugh . . . . 

Posted (edited)

Uh... 30 seconds? Come on, I was trying to buy desired item and it disappears at most 2 seconds after appearing, normally 1 or even less (yeah, I even used timer with milliseconds to determine whether I'm so slow or others are incredibly fast)

I would also be in doubt like OP about the marketplace and the possibility to buy a popular item. It's NOT impossible (I won once), but is incredibly frustrating to play "Fast and Dead" game against scripts (I assume there are). My ping is < 20ms so that's not an issue. But if I spend more than a second on click+captcha - I can't buy an item, it's already sold. I do not believe ALL of players have such amazing reactions. I can assume 2,3,5 attempts to lose against such fast guys - but when it happens all the times - it makes me wonder - is it truly humans are doing that.

Heh, I was trying to get exactly that. I won on boots after couple of attempts, but after half an hour racing with bots on gloves I gave up - honestly, I have better things to spend my time on rather than standing near marketplace trying to beat bots.

Edited by Dellecross
1 person likes this

Posted

Pure myth

Look at 5'30

cyka blyat

Posted

Uh... 30 seconds? Come on, I was trying to buy desired item and it disappears at most 2 seconds after appearing, normally 1 or even less (yeah, I even used timer with milliseconds to determine whether I'm so slow or others are incredibly fast)

I would also be in doubt like OP about the marketplace and the possibility to buy a popular item. It's NOT impossible (I won once), but is incredibly frustrating to play "Fast and Dead" game against scripts (I assume there are). My ping is < 20ms so that's not an issue. But if I spend more than a second on click+captcha - I can't buy an item, it's already sold. I do not believe ALL of players have such amazing reactions. I can assume 2,3,5 attempts to lose against such fast guys - but when it happens all the times - it makes me wonder - is it truly humans are doing that.

Heh, I was trying to get exactly that. I won on boots after couple of attempts, but after half an hour racing with bots on gloves I gave up - honestly, I have better things to spend my time on rather than standing near marketplace trying to beat bots.

End up just Spam talking to the NPC that sells the Armor -and if he Dosent like you /wave which I had to do.

Posted

yeah thats totally true, it was so hard for me to get the grunil gloves :( stupid scripts 

Posted (edited)

Can't edit my post, but altho there are scripts and probably bots, they are still rare and around very specific items, the vast majority of other missed sniping opportunities are simply other players being quicker.

Regards

Edited by Theter
1 person likes this

Posted

Can't edit my post, but altho there are scripts and probably bots, they are still rare and around very specific items, the vast majority of other missed sniping opportunities are simply other players being quicker.

Regards

Glad someone gets it.

Posted

Pure myth

Look at 5'30

This was posted in a few threads before and yet we still ahve fanboys who think because the dude speaks russian means only russians do it LOL.

Posted

End up just Spam talking to the NPC that sells the Armor -and if he Dosent like you /wave which I had to do.

where is the npc that sells grunil stuff btw? my highest toon is only 35 (i am playing around a lot at the lower levels)

Posted (edited)

where is the npc that sells grunil stuff btw? my highest toon is only 35 (i am playing around a lot at the lower levels)

Mevo Muranan, the Armor vendor in Altinova.

Regards

Edited by Theter

Posted

From the Blacksmith in Mediah  2:10