• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why playing Melee on this game is stupid~

59 posts in this topic

Posted

don't worry. After blader and ninja is released, melee will become relevant again. I'm still playing on the korea version right now until blader is released because i knew these problems would arise.

Posted

I love my tamer. She is fun.

Posted

Hey OP, I have the perfect GIF reply for you:

Bayonetta-salty.thumb.gif.0a51238c5c924b

all true

melees suffer from desync so much and if all that wasn't bad enough a lvl 52/53 witch can do 70% of my hp at lvl 56 with +15 armors and 2k max hp in a single Residual Lighting because ranged classes in this game do so much dmg that its dumb 

git_gud_casual_heman.thumb.gif.230442a5d

1 person likes this

Posted

As I'm playing a berserker casually against +5/+10 level mobs, I can say tis hard to master... Op requested lvl 50+ and pvp, dunno about that tho.

Berserker is fine if you know how to move in the battlefield, always move to not being surrounded, grapple launch and jumps attack are you friend. I do not use pre built skills, and I manage fine for now.

Posted

People need to understand that the game has only been out for a month, no game is going to be "PERFECT" after launch, there's always going be bugs, problems with servers ETC. Plus Daum is only a new company and they probably don't have enough employees yet, give it a year max and game be in a better sate.

There's also gonna be people crying because they got killed by a class, and chances are it will be nerf. I don't care for pvp and I just hope the pvpers who cry about classes being op when chances are their not and even if they are, it takes a  skilled player to do well.

I love this game for pve aspect, the way the world looks, all the things u can do, no loading screens not that it bothers me to much, people, npcs, visuals, graphics not as much but still, mainly how the combat is, character customization, the list goes on and on.

I'm a tamer and I don't have problems, granted I haven't faced a world boss, yet other then that melee is fine and melee can own range just takes skill.

Now let the flames begin, come on flamers flame me away.  

This game has been out for at least 3-4 years now? It really isn't "New".

All they do is translate the text and get patched sent to them from Pearl abyss to implement after translations.

There is no "skill" in this game. It goes: Level > Gear > skill. Skill is always the bottom factor.

While as a ranged I dislike how WBs operate, Warriors/Valk should be able to taunt and eat hits from bosses to hold a proper trinity in this game. Otherwise there is no point to them in a PvE aspect.

Posted

Btw, apparently berserkers can taunt....

Posted

Yet once again the overall usefulness is hindered by the poor PvE mechanics.

Posted

Valks as well.

Posted

Yet once again the overall usefulness is hindered by the poor PvE mechanics.

How so ? Berserkers have lot of health, making them a good tank in general...

Posted

How so ? Berserkers have lot of health, making them a good tank in general...

All World bosses pretty much one-shot you.

Pots won't heal you fast enough, so unless you had a party full of wiz/witch rotating overheals...you're as good as dead.

Posted

All World bosses pretty much one-shot you.

Pots won't heal you fast enough, so unless you had a party full of wiz/witch rotating overheals...you're as good as dead.

Like I said, pvp class have to move to survive, I can't say enough how many time a magic user monster killed me because I didn't move fast enough while encircled...

Posted

Like I said, pvp class have to move to survive, I can't say enough how many time a magic user monster killed me because I didn't move fast enough while encircled...

Even as a ranged class I find range is the bane of my existence.

Susans, I don't even grind those guys. I'd take Frenzied skeletons over them anyday.

Screw them and all those ranged units lol. 

Posted

I found a fix for melee classes. Go roll a ranged class. See? It's that simple to fix your shitty class!

In case you're a berserker just wait for their awakening where every skill they get has either insane AoE or range.

Posted

I found a fix for melee classes. Go roll a ranged class. See? It's that simple to fix your shitty class!

In case you're a berserker just wait for their awakening where every skill they get has either insane AoE or range.

I have enough aoe skills without awakening tho...

Posted

Yup, Just roll wizard or archer, win game ~

Posted

And that will never be solved, due to united states being so vast, the server location can be difficult, compare to korea, where they have a better internet and doesn't need a server to reach like 30 states away

My ping on League of Legends is 20-24.

Why? 

They have the severs in the middle of US. It's totally possible but DAUM/Pearl Abyss made some not so great choices with severs and the hardware. 

don't worry. After blader and ninja is released, melee will become relevant again. I'm still playing on the korea version right now until blader is released because i knew these problems would arise.

How do these classes fix the issue? I'm not disagreeing I just want details. 

Posted

They are dps and fast movement classes, basically a ranged class but closer.

Posted

Apparently they say blader can counter archer, but the thing is, they are the same as SORC, IFRAME DASHES.

Why doesn't valk, warrior get iframes?

I mean, it's like a toy sword vs a gun. When a sword gets in close range of ANYONE, it should do a LOT of dmg. BUT NOOOOOOOO, We just have a wet noodle.

Posted

They are dps and fast movement classes, basically a ranged class but closer.

The Sorceress is fast and if I had to be melee only with her on world boss fights it would be terrible. So I'm not sure I see why they would be better. At least with Sorceress you can teleport through people. 

Posted

1. World boss, you have to deal with HUGE lag and 5234523462346 bodies to get through, if you aren't in the front you probably can't even reach him with your attacks, while you wait there till the front row dies, so it'll be your turn.

2. Oh speaking of world boss. MELEE HAVE THE LOWEST AP. Due to vangertz shield, unless you got axion, but even then, you won't out DPS a wizard/witch, ranger, sorc.

3. Oh, is sorc considered a melee? Sure, she can be a hybrid of both melee and range, but guess what, she gets an AP Boost + 3463346546 iframes.

4. Oh, you want to grab someone without them rubber banding? And a sorc able to teleport your grab/knockdown? Have fun

5.  1vs1, sure, you'll do ok, but compare to ranger/sorc/witch/wizard, 1vs10. Those 3 class have a fighting chance, but a melee doesn't even stand a chance with all the CC, while the other classes have a small or great chance of at least killing MORE than a melee.

6. DP Scales?! Sike ~ Some forums in korea suggest that the ratio of AP and DP is 1AP to 2.4 DP. This is not including accuracy and crit. But the thing is, good luck killing anyone as a full DP melee, because SOME REASON, archer/wiz/witch/sorc will have the same DP as you, awesome!

There is a lot more, if you guys want to add, melee doesn't even have iframes, other than sorc,

OH VALK AND WARRIOR HAS A SHIELD, well so do wiz/witch and sorc, 

Guess what archer scales up in damage by? HP!

WHICH SHOULD BE MELEE scale, yet the archer gets a HP Scaling skills, Awesome!

So, if you are a tamer,warrior, or valk, have fun regretting it ~

(Oh how about beserker, they can go range on awakening so lucky them)

Please don't put your opinions of ANY class unless you have played them up to AT LEAST level 50+ and have been in red battle field or in a GVG.

tl;dr why sucking at bdo makes me salty

Posted

tl;dr why sucking at bdo makes me salty

This tells me you either play range or not even level 55, LOL

Posted

This tells me you either play range or not even level 55, LOL

this tells me you suck at logic

Posted

this tells me you suck at logic

Exactly why you are a fisher (:

Posted

i have melee and range alts, i play all classes! xD

Posted

i have melee and range alts, i play all classes! xD

if they arent' level 50+ and you haven't play battle field, then you just a pleb xD