• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Point by point skill guide for classes

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello

as a total newbie I've been reading much information about builds for classes. In game I had little understanding of spending skill points and just kept learning everything that popped up. Needless to say I'm waiting for my character deletion to finalise so I can restart.

That being the case, has anyone produced a progression guide for skills to use when leveling?  Or at least listed the skills which are recommended to level? I know from WoW days and most MMOs these point by point guides are available.

I played a Valk and a Witch and stuffed up both times needing a reroll. Mind you only from level 15 or so. So not too impacting.

If anyone can point me towards any useful resources it'd be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted

Thanks CashforCookies. I found some class guides but none with point by point spending on skills.

Posted (edited)

Thanks CashforCookies. I found some class guides but none with point by point spending on skills.

and you propably won't find any. this is not wow or any other mmorpg with talent points.

you don't get skill points at set lvls. you get skill exp from killing monsters or from doing quests. there are also quests that reward full skill points (recommended to not do these till u have like 500+ skill points, because it gets harder to earn skill exp the more skill points u already have, so you propably will only do these 50+)

on the other hand, you get lvl exp from professions too, so you might get to a high lvl even with a low amount of skill points if you focus on that.

that said, you don't need alot of skills to lvl in this game, pve is quite easy. you can mostly get by just spamming 1-2 skills.

valk can kill pretty much anything just comboing shield throw -> celestial spear -> shield throw

witch can kill most stuff with lightning + lightning residual and maybe a fireball+fireball explosion or lightning chain+lightning storm thrown in here and there

most of the other stuff is simply preference. an example: if your gear is good or you carry potions with you all the time you won't need to lvl your heal skills at first. if you don't like potting all the time you or lvl with groups then maxing heal asap might be a good idea.

i haven't even lvl'd my fireball on my witch, cuz i have enough ap to kill most mobs with just a simple lightning + lightning residual

basically getting your main combo maxed and putting 1 point into other skills is enough to carry you all the way to lvl50. everything else is kinda like an extra

here is a good valk guide that may also help with skill priorities http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/58303-valkyrie-gearskillcombo-guide/

and here is a thread with some more valk skill build and priorities http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/64866-need-some-clarification-for-my-skill-build/

here is a witch guide that explains the basic combo http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/64446-how-to-witchwizard-~-beginner-advanced-gearpvppvevideossiegesgemscombohorse-combat/

ps: at lvl 45 you get a full skill reset for 1 char for free. so no reason to reroll a char. there are additional full skill resets and partial skill resets available from cash shop/loyalty shop

also skill points can be gained infinitely, so you can always just grind more.

Edited by CashforCookies
1 person likes this

Posted

and you propably won't find any. this is not wow or any other mmorpg with talent points.

you don't get skill points at set lvls. you get skill exp from killing monsters or from doing quests. there are also quests that reward full skill points (recommended to not do these till u have like 500+ skill points, because it gets harder to earn skill exp the more skill points u already have, so you propably will only do these 50+)

on the other hand, you get lvl exp from professions too, so you might get to a high lvl even with a low amount of skill points if you focus on that.

that said, you don't need alot of skills to lvl in this game, pve is quite easy. you can mostly get by just spamming 1-2 skills.

valk can kill pretty much anything just comboing shield throw -> celestial spear -> shield throw

witch can kill most stuff with lightning + lightning residual and maybe a fireball+fireball explosion or lightning chain+lightning storm thrown in here and there

most of the other stuff is simply preference. an example: if your gear is good or you carry potions with you all the time you won't need to lvl your heal skills at first. if you don't like potting all the time you or lvl with groups then maxing heal asap might be a good idea.

i haven't even lvl'd my fireball on my witch, cuz i have enough ap to kill most mobs with just a simple lightning + lightning residual

basically getting your main combo maxed and putting 1 point into other skills is enough to carry you all the way to lvl50. everything else is kinda like an extra

here is a good valk guide that may also help with skill priorities http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/58303-valkyrie-gearskillcombo-guide/

and here is a thread with some more valk skill build and priorities http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/64866-need-some-clarification-for-my-skill-build/

here is a witch guide that explains the basic combo http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/64446-how-to-witchwizard-~-beginner-advanced-gearpvppvevideossiegesgemscombohorse-combat/

ps: at lvl 45 you get a full skill reset for 1 char for free. so no reason to reroll a char. there are additional full skill resets and partial skill resets available from cash shop/loyalty shop

also skill points can be gained infinitely, so you can always just grind more.

Great explanation. Now I understand more what I needed to know.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Posted

It's worth noting that you should not wait until level 50 to do the skill point quests. They are tracked independently from the skill points you earn through grinding so they will give you a significant boost while leveling without increasing the time it takes to get extra skill points later.

Posted

It's worth noting that you should not wait until level 50 to do the skill point quests. They are tracked independently from the skill points you earn through grinding so they will give you a significant boost while leveling without increasing the time it takes to get extra skill points later.

any source for that? from what i heard so far u should do the ones that give skill exp asap since they don't scale with lvl, while the ones that give full skillpoints should not be done before reaching a decent amount (~500) skill points, since they reward always full points, regardless how many you have

that's what i heard atleast, might be different in eu/na, but i would like a source to verify that this is indeed the case

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0