• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

More Female Heavy Armor

46 posts in this topic

Posted

This was brought up to my mind when we found out that for the $100 pre-order package, Valkyrie was getting a samey armor set in-line with the more mobile female classes. It visually and within game logic makes NO SENSE because Valkyrie is a significantly more tanky class than even Warrior. Even Wizard was getting full plate when Witch wasn't.

I'm suggesting there should be more heavy armor type sets (maybe even plate, with a helmet!) for the female classes. I'm personally all for the different types of underwear and their current unique outfits, but I'd REALLY love heavy armor sets for all female classes that doesn't go out of it's way to expose skin. For example: use the Warrior's plate armor costume as a reference. That set looks SICK, like it came from a Souls game. More stuff like that, with a different design and stuff for the other classes, also women!

I personally just want my Plum to look badass...

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

You'd think that they'd give Valkyrie class more leather and chainmail based armor, even if they want to serve fan-service, over blue cloths.

Heck, when you wear different sets, all the game does is use a model that's slightly modified with new 3d models.

You could retexture the cloth with a newly colored one, maybe make it chain mail too, and it'll work.

Maybe give higher low level armors, leather straps and pieces that reinforces the exposed parts of the skin.

I'm not sure why the Warrior seems to be wearing partial armor... Even other games has warrior class wearing something that doesn't look like pointy metal that's going to stab into you if you pose in specific angles or positions.

Edited by Kaiserx

Posted (edited)

I haven't looked at the armor you think of, but from my understanding the Valkyrie equipment style is more sword-and-buckler and fencing related. Meaning lighter armor. Personally I think the first store costume for Valkyries is the most gorgeous set in the game.

That said, I too do love me some heavy armor, and I think I saw some screenshots from Korea with a much heavier plated armor. I don't recall the name though.

As for the Warrior I'm pretty sure it just starts off being kind of partial, as the sets add more and more plating until (I think Steel Taritas?) is almost full plate, helmet excluded of course.

Edited by BoxFox

Posted

I haven't looked at the armor you think of, but from my understanding the Valkyrie equipment style is more sword-and-buckler and fencing related. Meaning lighter armor. Personally I think the first store costume for Valkyries is the most gorgeous set in the game.

That said, I too do love me some heavy armor, and I think I saw some screenshots from Korea with a much heavier plated armor. I don't recall the name though.

As for the Warrior I'm pretty sure it just starts off being kind of partial, as the sets add more and more plating until (I think Steel Taritas?) is almost full plate, helmet excluded of course.

Yes, that is the set I'm thinking of. It looks a lot like the Elite Knight Armor set from Dark Souls. We need more styles of that full plate Armor on other characters.

Posted

The outfits may be pretty but they're still largely impractical for combat, even if you are looking on the lighter side of armor, there is still a lack of full coverage for most of the outfits (bare skin does nothing for you in a fray) and even where there is coverage it's usually frilly cloth, with the off occasion of steel armor on the least vital areas. Of course it's entirely fine for a game to have some less than logical outfits to chose from, for the sake of glam power, but there needs to be some more reasonable outfits as well. This is less of an issue for males as they get a fair mix of both the dressy and combat focused attire (though males usually don't wind up on the bare skin end of the spectrum), but for a majority of the females classes, if not all, their outfits are basically 100% fanservice with little to no realistic combat attire to speak of. 

And to the warrior comment, if you are speaking strictly about in-game armors, there is only one set for the warrior currently that allows him to be close to fully armored, the rest vary between having no to some armor, and later sets even convert to full on leather which was peculiar. But honestly if we are looking for decent armor we should never look to in-game sets for it, as PA did their very best during the initial launch to wipe any such option clean from the game. 

Posted

Bump, I really hate the skimpy female armor, and want a true ALL COVERING plate set for my valk.

1 person likes this

Posted

The outfits may be pretty but they're still largely impractical for combat, even if you are looking on the lighter side of armor, there is still a lack of full coverage for most of the outfits (bare skin does nothing for you in a fray) and even where there is coverage it's usually frilly cloth, with the off occasion of steel armor on the least vital areas. Of course it's entirely fine for a game to have some less than logical outfits to chose from, for the sake of glam power, but there needs to be some more reasonable outfits as well. This is less of an issue for males as they get a fair mix of both the dressy and combat focused attire (though males usually don't wind up on the bare skin end of the spectrum), but for a majority of the females classes, if not all, their outfits are basically 100% fanservice with little to no realistic combat attire to speak of. 

And to the warrior comment, if you are speaking strictly about in-game armors, there is only one set for the warrior currently that allows him to be close to fully armored, the rest vary between having no to some armor, and later sets even convert to full on leather which was peculiar. But honestly if we are looking for decent armor we should never look to in-game sets for it, as PA did their very best during the initial launch to wipe any such option clean from the game. 

I said even full armor COSTUMES would be nice.

Posted

I said even full armor COSTUMES would be nice.

okay? i'm supporting that. 

Posted

ya, so far these seem to be the most fully armoured Valk set

bdo-venslar-long-valkyrie-full.jpg
bdo-aker-guard-valkyrie-full.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I really like the look of them, and all of teh costumes, but even one without a skirt/flashing leg skin would be cool 

Posted

Don't get me wrong, I really like the look of them, and all of teh costumes, but even one without a skirt/flashing leg skin would be cool 

The second set is really neat, but again looking pretty impractical with the thighs showing for no apparent reason. Wish that kind of armor was on other classes, too.

1 person likes this

Posted

The legs showing are there for a reason.
The armor sets look quite nice, but if they was fully covered it would remove some of the 'female' appearance of the character. As they are, they look pretty covered much, while keeping a lady-like look to them, which in my opinion suits the Valk very much.
And i mean, if you was going to wear a dress... why would you wear boots that go all the way up your thighs ? like... ouch. especially those sharp looking metal ones.

Posted

There are so many good looking and functional female armors in game on NPCs... Why do we get only the sexy versions?

Untitled-1.jpg.fa6f383efcd61e57bcebe62812016-04-08_242876010_zps4mlcyu3q.png?w=4

5 people like this

Posted

A heavy armor look costume for Valks would be awesome;  even an option that had pants would be much appreciated. 

Posted

There are so many good looking and functional female armors in game on NPCs... Why do we get only the sexy versions?

Untitled-1.jpg.fa6f383efcd61e57bcebe62812016-04-08_242876010_zps4mlcyu3q.png?w=4

I love the rightmost armor set. So annoying we don't have it.

Posted

The legs showing are there for a reason.The armor sets look quite nice, but if they was fully covered it would remove some of the 'female' appearance of the character. As they are, they look pretty covered much, while keeping a lady-like look to them, which in my opinion suits the Valk very much.
And i mean, if you was going to wear a dress... why would you wear boots that go all the way up your thighs ? like... ouch. especially those sharp looking metal ones.

Yes, because you stop being a woman if you aren't showing your thighs or if your tits aren't visible. Almost like how I forget my warrior is male whenever he dons some armor, just not enough bare skin poking out to tell. Pardon me for also not thinking these garbs fit them all too well, being as Valkyrie are meant to be warriors not run show models, and would have the basic knowledge to know how to dress for combat and be aware of the importance of such gear. Like how any seasoned warrior, male or female, would know how dumb it is to leave their chest bare, what with your heart located there and such. Or how terribly impractical heels are for moving across most terrains.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind such outfits existing, but don't try to pass them off as reasonable or anything less than pervy fanservice. It's an absolute shame they are the only options given currently however, not everyone wants to dress up like they are going to a slutty Halloween party. How much I and I can imagine a load of others players would give for some of the more realistic in-game armors that we run into, as previewed by Vix. That's how an actual female warrior would dress. 

5 people like this

Posted

Because it's not a middle ages simulation of depressing ugliness, it's a fantasy world. Two of the suits of armor you posted pics of above are massively historically inaccurate. Oh they cover the whole woman's body, but they are no less demeaning because they have breasts. Once you throw all the under-armor pieces on even the bustiest of women you wouldn't be able to tell a woman from a man in armor. What the hell fun is that? Why have such a beautiful game, and then make every person as butt-ugly as everyone else? 

I love all women, short, tall, heavy, skinny, gorgeous and the not-so-much. The only women I thought were truly ugly are the women who decide to be ugly to everyone who might appreciate the beauty that is a woman. Women and Men were molded by evolution to look for specific things in a potential mate. Shine too bright a light on the things that motivate either gender to procreate (or just have sex) and you will find motivations and tactics that most people would consider deplorable in nearly every context and culture. It's why we treat the whole thing like it's a mystery, because the truth hurts our sensibilities. 

I have a deep aversion to feminist propaganda, and I refuse to be wussified. Paintings, sculptures, poetry, and music all declare the beauty that is a woman. Yes, they are works by men in male dominated societies, but they have all declared that the woman is a work of art crafted in the heavens and allowed to dwell amongst men that they may have some glimpse of the heaven that waits for them. Hell, even my gay friends love the way women look ... what the hell is wrong with that? 

When I see feminist sentiment expressed I always think of the wise words of a dear female friend of mine: 

"Why would I trade my clear superiority, for mere equality?" 

Posted (edited)

Because it's not a middle ages simulation of depressing ugliness, it's a fantasy world. Two of the suits of armor you posted pics of above are massively historically inaccurate. Oh they cover the whole woman's body, but they are no less demeaning because they have breasts. Once you throw all the under-armor pieces on even the bustiest of women you wouldn't be able to tell a woman from a man in armor. What the hell fun is that? Why have such a beautiful game, and then make every person as butt-ugly as everyone else? 

I love all women, short, tall, heavy, skinny, gorgeous and the not-so-much. The only women I thought were truly ugly are the women who decide to be ugly to everyone who might appreciate the beauty that is a woman. Women and Men were molded by evolution to look for specific things in a potential mate. Shine too bright a light on the things that motivate either gender to procreate (or just have sex) and you will find motivations and tactics that most people would consider deplorable in nearly every context and culture. It's why we treat the whole thing like it's a mystery, because the truth hurts our sensibilities. 

I have a deep aversion to feminist propaganda, and I refuse to be wussified. Paintings, sculptures, poetry, and music all declare the beauty that is a woman. Yes, they are works by men in male dominated societies, but they have all declared that the woman is a work of art crafted in the heavens and allowed to dwell amongst men that they may have some glimpse of the heaven that waits for them. Hell, even my gay friends love the way women look ... what the hell is wrong with that? 

When I see feminist sentiment expressed I always think of the wise words of a dear female friend of mine: 

"Why would I trade my clear superiority, for mere equality?" 

Dude. Calm the f down. I think heavy plate armor of all types, male or female wearing it, is badass. You're implying armor looks ugly to everyone, you are looking WAAAAY too far into this. I like armor. Did you mean to post this on /pol/?

Also, while the defaults for the female classes are pretty, you DO have the ability to make a monstrosity. So I hope you peer your camera at someone's femchar and then you get a boner killer. All I've done in this thread is suggest that where logic should be is not there regarding game mechanics (Valk looks less tanky than she should be when Warrior looks more tanky) and many female character npcs in this game with variations of heavy or plate armor are not obtainable for any of the female classes. For christ sake the default Valk getup is a college shirt. And I didn't come here to shove this down anyone's throat, this IS in the suggestions forum after all, and someone in here has already posted heavy armor for Valk that we might get soon so WHAT WAS THE POINT of your post.

Edited by Kyle Hyde
2 people like this

Posted

Dude. Calm the f down. I think heavy plate armor of all types, male or female wearing it, is badass. You're implying armor looks ugly to everyone, you are looking WAAAAY too far into this. I like armor. Did you mean to post this on /pol/?

Also, while the defaults for the female classes are pretty, you DO have the ability to make a monstrosity. So I hope you peer your camera at someone's femchar and then you get a boner killer. All I've done in this thread is suggest that where logic should be is not there regarding game mechanics (Valk looks less tanky than she should be when Warrior looks more tanky) and many female character npcs in this game with variations of heavy or plate armor are not obtainable for any of the female classes. For christ sake the default Valk getup is a college shirt. And I didn't come here to shove this down anyone's throat, this IS in the suggestions forum after all, and someone in here has already posted heavy armor for Valk that we might get soon so WHAT WAS THE POINT of your post.

The point was self evident to anyone who actually read the words. IT"S A FANTASY GAME. There are full sets that look pretty good, and cover every inch of the woman's body, and you will eventually be able to buy them. If you think a Valkyrie is less tanky, because the outfit looks like it, go for it. I like the cover not being indicative of what's in the book. The best thing about this game is you can't tell someone is a badass by the way they look. I'm glad they went with a mostly Anime theme. I'm just tired of the tired old fake PC sentiment that men affect, of being pro woman by displaying the contempt for women that feminists do by attacking men (To illustrate: "So I hope you peer your camera at someone's femchar and then you get a boner killer."). Sorry, nothing in this game is real enough to rise to the occasion. I just like to see people supporting the game by buying the outfits. 

Logic has very little to do with fun, and this game is fun. If it breaks your immersion then I guess I can see your point, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to Cry Wussy! for attempting to seize the moral high-ground with feminazi rhetoric. It's a game, for a very large audience. Many of them gravitated to it because of the Anime look to things, without going full Anime unrealistic. With that goes some skimpy clothing. My only complaint so far is that some of the best armor for a Valkyrie doesn't change her look at all. I'd like to see each set of armor have at least five different appearances/versions so we can mix and match looks. That and I want my wizard to have no hat, I hate that floppy hat that hides his face. I'd like my Warrior to be able to hide his face under a helm. The hairstyles for warriors are so freaking ugly, and there is only long hair and bald. What's up with that?!? 

As for chillin', I'm on vacation, and I'm drunk as hell ... I'd don't think I can get more chill. Maybe I'll crawl into my cooler to shrivel my "boner killer." Have fun out there ... not that I'm trying to make you do something you don't want.

Posted

Yes, because you stop being a woman if you aren't showing your thighs or if your tits aren't visible. Almost like how I forget my warrior is male whenever he dons some armor, just not enough bare skin poking out to tell. Pardon me for also not thinking these garbs fit them all too well, being as Valkyrie are meant to be warriors not run show models, and would have the basic knowledge to know how to dress for combat and be aware of the importance of such gear. Like how any seasoned warrior, male or female, would know how dumb it is to leave their chest bare, what with your heart located there and such. Or how terribly impractical heels are for moving across most terrains.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind such outfits existing, but don't try to pass them off as reasonable or anything less than pervy fanservice. It's an absolute shame they are the only options given currently however, not everyone wants to dress up like they are going to a slutty Halloween party. How much I and I can imagine a load of others players would give for some of the more realistic in-game armors that we run into, as previewed by Vix. That's how an actual female warrior would dress. 

lmao, pervy fanservice? for one, im not a perv. secondly, i dont care for fanservice. and thirdly, im a female, i know how to dress.
Nothing about Valk's armors in the images i quoted showed any sort of fanservice. I mean if you can get off to that, even slightly, then that's your issue. But as far as i see it, its just armor...
I never said that you stop being a female if your thighs are showing- not did i mention anything about breasts; Not that breasts really matter in this because they're not even showing at all. Its called a sternum, perhaps look it up?

The whole idea of full plated heavy armor for any class is just gross. Why would you want to be cooped up in a shell of rusty dark metal?? Rather not thanks. That, and the fact that its pure ugly. And even if you say "no its not, it looks great". You know full well that it does not look great and not even the most relaxed and accepting person on earth would think it looks even slightly nice, you're just saying it to give yourself a reason to want it.
I don't want to bash you people for wanting a variety of armors to choose from, But if you're male and you choose to play valk instead of a warrior, don't complain about her clothing options. I certainly don't play Warrior and claim that its not showing enough skin, or that it needs an open chest and thighs showing. why? Because its dumb. If you want full armor, play male. I mean you're the ones who are playing female for the fanservice feeling, right? the female attraction, yes? Then stop complaining because they give it to you!!!!
Rant over. e.e

Posted (edited)

im a female, i know how to dress.

Implying being a female = knowing how to dress.9_9

Edited by hihey54

Posted

Iimplying being a female = knowing how to dress.9_9

No. Implying being a Female = Knowing how to dress LIKE A FEMALE.

Or am i completely wrong and i actually dress like a dude? who knows ;)

Posted (edited)

No. Implying being a Female = Knowing how to dress LIKE A FEMALE.

It is still a bold assumption. The amount of "females" who are objectively clueless as to how to dress ("like a female") is quite high.:ph34r:

Edited by hihey54

Posted

lmao, pervy fanservice? for one, im not a perv. secondly, i dont care for fanservice. and thirdly, im a female, i know how to dress.Nothing about Valk's armors in the images i quoted showed any sort of fanservice.

She's wearing plate high heels and heavy armor that exposes her thighs and cleavage. I suppose you've simply been playing MMOs for a little too long to still notice it, but that kind of ridiculousness is pure fanservice. I mean, plate high heels... the sheer idea of someone fabricating those to have someone go into battle wearing that shit is kinda amazing me with its stupidity - even the NPCs don't wear that stuff, it's purely there for the players that are into it, as fanservice. 

The whole idea of full plated heavy armor for any class is just gross. Why would you want to be cooped up in a shell of rusty dark metal?? Rather not thanks. That, and the fact that its pure ugly. And even if you say "no its not, it looks great". You know full well that it does not look great and not even the most relaxed and accepting person on earth would think it looks even slightly nice, you're just saying it to give yourself a reason to want it.

Ehhhm, wut? I didn't know there were people with a phobia of heavy armor of some sort,wow. There's amazing looking heavy armor out there that completely blows those atrocious costumes the valkyrie gets out of the water + I'd rather have my female character look capable and well protected against the elements and potential attacks instead of having her look like a complete idiot that's about to break her neck whenever she assumes combat stance in those heels. Although you're probably just trolling at this point, I guess. o.O

I don't want to bash you people for wanting a variety of armors to choose from, But if you're male and you choose to play valk instead of a warrior, don't complain about her clothing options. I certainly don't play Warrior and claim that its not showing enough skin, or that it needs an open chest and thighs showing. why? Because its dumb. If you want full armor, play male. I mean you're the ones who are playing female for the fanservice feeling, right? the female attraction, yes? Then stop complaining because they give it to you!!!!
Rant over. e.e

Yup, must be trolling. Only males are allowed to wear armor that actually does ist job now? Yeah right. Cause who'd want their female character to look like an actual fighter instead of a hooker dressed up as sexy knight.

2 people like this

Posted

"Plate heavy armor is ugly" lol yeah right

8953188_orig.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ3CSR1nXycyU9I9cH7jdimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsfnpbH0wPP1tG7c21H2Bhpchk.jpg2013_07_25_0008_zpsc5e5b760.jpgff41f35cf7510986e9468ed64ca54c69.jpg

Yeah, looks just horrendous compared to those fashionable beauties
2016-03-20_705693263_zpstin6loup.png2016-03-20_705876031_zpsugyb7pio.png2016-03-20_706110265_zpser5fkbag.png

2 people like this

Posted

lmao, pervy fanservice? for one, im not a perv. secondly, i dont care for fanservice. and thirdly, im a female, i know how to dress.Nothing about Valk's armors in the images i quoted showed any sort of fanservice. I mean if you can get off to that, even slightly, then that's your issue. But as far as i see it, its just armor...
I never said that you stop being a female if your thighs are showing- not did i mention anything about breasts; Not that breasts really matter in this because they're not even showing at all. Its called a sternum, perhaps look it up?

Rant over. e.e

I never said you were any of those things, but that is the intention of the outfits we have like it or not, it isn't just some creative liberty or ode to the glory that is woman kind, it's pure and simple sexualization of women in the means of making sales. Maybe you've been swamped by such methods for too long to see it, or don't care to look into how actual armor should be for females, but flashing cleavage or showing bare thighs is not normal for armor, male or female, because as I've said before, it is extremely impractical and leaves you more prone to fatal injuries than not i.e a bare chest which makes piercing your heart very easy, a vital organ that you really don't want being stabbed. So this issue isn't a matter of getting off or not, it's a matter of how unrealistic all these attires are and that we flat out have no counter options to them. You have to keep in mind not everyone plays a game hoping to have some over sexed females in mini skirts and high heels to titillate their wildest wet dreams, and as such we shouldn't be forced to deal with it. And no, we definitely get cleavage action in this game, or do you not consider it a boob unless it's entirely out? 

Your interpretation of full armor being ugly is just that, your interpretation, many people find fuller/heavy armor to be neat as all get out and super bad ass. Again not every is here for sex only. I know I love a ton of the full plate armor warriors have, I even have a list of armors I can't wait to get on my warrior when they are released, those armors and my interest in them are no less valid than whatever infatuation you have with more revealing attires, regardless of how many times you say you don't think it true or how much you think your opinion trumps mine or any other players. That said, how in any way does this harm you for players to have more options? If you want to be skimpy, you've got it already in spades, shouldn't other players get some choices too now? The players who aren't here for some sexual fantasy, which I know is hard to believe, but they do exist, heck even people who want their chick to be sexy might want less revealing outfits because less clothes doesn't always equate to being more sexy. 

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0