• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Should loyalty and cash shop weight and inventory slots be made account wide

Should loyalty and cash shop weight and inventory slots be made account wide   212 votes

1. 1. Should loyalty and cash shop inventory slots be made account wide

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should loyalty and cash shop weight be made account wide

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

63 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm pretty sure I'd spend money on those two if they were account wide. They aren't though so my wallet stays shut.

This

Posted

My alts are level 8, 6 and 6 and are all parked at Calephon or my farms for using their energy. The 86 slots are purely from doing every single quest I saw and going back for any I missed. I once again don't know what quests give the expansions purely because  I didn't read their names and picked everything up so I could farm CP.

Don't sell us bullshit, you got extended storage. It's imposible to get above 60 slots without using pearl shop

Posted

This is the guide a lot of people quite which says 31 extra slots for a total of 55, if you go through the comments you'll see that people have stated that they're missing a lot of quests for inventory slots. I can't personally name the quests as in my bid to get to 50 I picked up every single quest I saw.

My cash shop purchases have been limited to underwear, a costume and 2 pets so I've never purchased inventory slots. 

There are 5 comments, 4 aren't pertinent to this discussion. The one that does says that he got 54 which was more than the list had posted before that particular was updated to 55. If you remember I said max from quests and what you start with is 55.

You posted a picture of 'an' inventory, that proves nothing since you could easily have bought those slots - no way for me or anyone reading this to know.

I searched a bunch of Korean sites, reddit, database sites and general sites. No one has listed anymore than the 31 extra slots that we know about. There is absolutely no information out there for more than those additional 31 slots.

If you do actually have proof please provide it; but as it stands I'm afraid you don't have any ground to stand on with your assertion that there are more inventory quests out there.

Posted

There are 5 comments, 4 aren't pertinent to this discussion. The one that does says that he got 54 which was more than the list had posted before that particular was updated to 55. If you remember I said max from quests and what you start with is 55.

You posted a picture of 'an' inventory, that proves nothing since you could easily have bought those slots - no way for me or anyone reading this to know.

I searched a bunch of Korean sites, reddit, database sites and general sites. No one has listed anymore than the 31 extra slots that we know about. There is absolutely no information out there for more than those additional 31 slots.

If you do actually have proof please provide it; but as it stands I'm afraid you don't have any ground to stand on with your assertion that there are more inventory quests out there.

I've shown you my screenshot to show I have 86 slots, whether you want to believe it or not is up to you mate. There's no way to show purchase history, so doubt away all you want. Meanwhile I'll sit here with inventory slots that I don't need purely from doing my quests. 

Posted

I voted no simply because the Poll is a bit pointless in the first place.  Daum isn't going to change a cash shop item just because players think it "should" be changed.  Inventory slots are something that they count on people purchasing as a source of revenue for them to work on localizing all the new content that PearlAbyss develops.  You might as well create a poll that says, "should Daum unlock all inventory slots for all players".  You'll get the same response and Daum will pay it no mind just the same.

The only way cash shop items will change is if players stop buying them.  Then Daum will have to change something in order to make the cash shop more appealing to more players.  As it stands now, even though you may not be, other players are paying hand over fist for inventory/weight slot upgrades, costumes, dyes, etc.

Its pointless to make suggestions like this without proposing something to replace it in the cash shop.

Posted (edited)

I voted no simply because the Poll is a bit pointless in the first place.  Daum isn't going to change a cash shop item just because players think it "should" be changed.  Inventory slots are something that they count on people purchasing as a source of revenue for them to work on localizing all the new content that PearlAbyss develops.  You might as well create a poll that says, "should Daum unlock all inventory slots for all players".  You'll get the same response and Daum will pay it no mind just the same.

The only way cash shop items will change is if players stop buying them.  Then Daum will have to change something in order to make the cash shop more appealing to more players.  As it stands now, even though you may not be, other players are paying hand over fist for inventory/weight slot upgrades, costumes, dyes, etc.

Its pointless to make suggestions like this without proposing something to replace it in the cash shop.

again Daum makes money off of Daum cash purchases not items bought in the store they in a sense don't make money from people using pearls to buy items but people buying pearls. Daum doesn't give a crap about what you do with them after a purchase so I believe there would be little to no lose in revenue for the company if they made this change  

Edited by Fire of

Posted

but isn't it the costumes that make BDO the most money I remember reading in that press release the the reason they won't change their prices because they sell so well.

so I think that costumes are Daum's real money maker not inventory 

I've spent triple the money On inventory/weight upgrades that I've spent on Costumes. It's almost necessary if you plan on doing any crafting and it's kind of bogus that inventory and weight is character only.

Posted

I've shown you my screenshot to show I have 86 slots, whether you want to believe it or not is up to you mate. There's no way to show purchase history, so doubt away all you want. Meanwhile I'll sit here with inventory slots that I don't need purely from doing my quests. 

Well you're the one making the claim - the burden of proof is on you. I've gone out of my way to try to find out if what you've said is true and there's no evidence to support it. If you can't back up your claim then I have no reason to believe you. A random picture of an inventory really isn't proof of anything.

Posted

When you spend real money on a game it should be as widely applied as it can be. Obviously some things can not or should not be shared but the convenience items absolutely should. As should the costumes....M

Posted

I think anything non-perishable that you buy should be account-wide. Pets, horse armor, weight increases. All of it. The only things that I think should be character-only are things that you use once and they go away forever (Skill Resets, scrolls, etc). We're not very likely to just keep buying these things anyway. Give us more unique content rather than trying to force us into buying the same stuff multiple times.

1 person likes this

Posted

It'd be sick if it was account wide and I'd be more than happy to max out the inventories on my characters.

However, I know this won't happen. 

Posted

It'd be sick if it was account wide and I'd be more than happy to max out the inventories on my characters.

However, I know this won't happen. 

we can hope brother we can hope

Posted

again Daum makes money off of Daum cash purchases not items bought in the store they in a sense don't make money from people using pearls to buy items but people buying pearls. Daum doesn't give a crap about what you do with them after a purchase so I believe there would be little to no lose in revenue for the company if they made this change  

You have no idea how the business model works.  If there are MORE things to buy on the cash shop, then there will be people who will take out MORE Daum cash to buy all the things that they think they need from the cash shop.  If Joe Blow spends 30 bucks to get all of the inventory space he thinks he needs on all of his characters and doesn't give a crap about costumes etc., then Daum is not likely gonna get any more money from Joe Blow.  BUT if Joe Blow only gets inventory for one character for 30 bucks, then decides to make an alt, guess what, Joe Blow is more likely to spend 30 bucks again to expand that new character's inventory space as well.

This thread in and of itself is proof of that.  People want more for the same amount of money, so clearly there is a demand for what they are selling. Why the hell should Daum give more stuff for the same price when there are people out there more than willing to pay for what's already being offered. People here might say, "well I only paid for one inventory increase and that's all I'm ever gonna buy."  Great, good for you, but I know for a fact that a lot of people don't have that sort of attitude and are buying inventory and weight increases for all their characters, in addition to multiple costumes, dyes, etc.  Again, Daum will not do what players wish they would do if it flies in the face of more money to be made.

This is why the pearl shop is set up in such a way that purchases are character specific, but the game itself is setup to be very alt friendly, so that people who play multiple alts are far more tempted to buy more stuff for all their alts.  Can't you see how that means more money for Daum?

And I want to point out that I am not necessarily defending their business practices, I'd much rather it be different myself.  I'm just sayin' knowing what kind of devil you are dealing with makes it a little easier to combat that devil on an even footing.  The only way to beat them is to not buy into their entire business model at all so that they have to change it in our favor.