• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Perfect MMO

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, seriously now lemme just get my rope and stool. 

Can I kick the chair?

Posted

When you pay for something you're typically entitled to stuff yeah.

My post was directed at players exactly like yourself. 

but the second you start charging people you're held to a higher standard.

Nope. You've imposed your own standards as if you are entitled to them.

they're a business, and they WANT to make us as happy as they can, given the resources at their disposal, so that we'll spend more money or try to get our friends to play and get them to spend money.

Do you speak for this business? Maybe they've decided to create a product with the purpose of shaking the industry up. They might want to create a game their little brother can enjoy. Maybe it's to create their perfect Waifu of Scarlett Johansson. The point again is, you are not entitled to have Black Desert created to suit your wishes or what you think is best.

What was the point of this post anyway? 

The point of this post is to try and educate players exactly like you so the world, or at least these forums, have fewer self entitled players. You are the poster child for who this topic is meant to educate.

Posted

Can I kick the chair?

i'll hold the rope

tumblr_ny75jtyWBO1ryurmdo1_400.gif

Posted

Holds up for f2p where players don't have to invest anything, but the second you start charging people you're held to a higher standard.

I just thought of a simple and straight forward way to explain all this to you...

How can you be entitled to the standards you're claiming... when you're not even entitled to be allowed to play the game?

Posted

Well I'm a citizen of the US and I hold certain standard for those I do business with.. 

If a company is not delivering the best product I make sure to do business elsewhere. A lot of times I will also convince friends and family to switch as well.

If a place is not reputable in the US it goes out of business making room for competitors or something new.

If I were to critique a company or a local business it would only mean that I have enjoyed the product/enviroment thus far amd only want them to succeed. There is a reason why a lot of places drive uner the motto of "the costumer is always right". 

Personally I find nothing in which this company is doing wrong. I hope they stay the course and don't make any draatic chanhes to any of the current mechanics.

Excuse the typos, typing from phone.

Posted (edited)

To call BDO perfect would be going a bit too far, however... It could be the one closest, if only, this pathetic and mindless and totally laughable excuse of "PvP / PK" was absent, or players given the choice not to participate in this farce, because that's what it is, a farce.

And don't tell me that this is a "PvP game" blah blah blah and more blah, yeah we all know how it was designed, and that it is indeed an integral part, but why did the developers spend all the time and effort to crate an amazing and very rich world and environment, if it was just for pathetic gear-based zerging and ganking? To me doesn't make any sense, and those who just want that fair enough, actually in any game you can choose to do 1% of the material available and ignore the 99% and call that 1% "important".

So, I would really rank BDO very high indeed if it would actually give players choice. The choice to truly enjoy and get immersed in that 99% and avoid the irrelevant 1%. Yeah, because... for a large part of the playerbase that's what the "PvP" crapola is, an irrelevant 1%, no matter how pretty you want to paint it.

Edited by Ninnghizhidda

Posted (edited)

I thought this thread might be a creative and fun "share your ideas for a perfect mmo" thread.

Nope

Complaining about complainers complaining...complainception

Know what, screw it. My idea for a perfect mmo revolves around an endless, procedurally generated world with all the trimmings of freeform sandbox building. 

Edited by Jack_Arkwright

Posted

You as a paying customer are only entitled to play the game(provided you didnt get banned for misconduct)

The developers reserve the right to change the game as they please, even to its destruction if they so please.

Feel free to have opinions but in reality MOST opinions mean nothing to daum, less than nothing. Forums filled with shitty opinions, misinformation and constant flaming. Id trust people in the business more than these forum -----s.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0