• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PvP zone around world bosses and rules.

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is simple:

- it increases competition between guilds because so far killing raid bosses in the world of Black Desert with current Karma system looks like one big random festival where everyone's attacking huge brick (let's be honest is hard to kill 100 randoms around you even with your guild with Karma penalty system)

- it gives people opportunity to fight for raid boss, top raid bosses should be available only for top guilds because MMO means Massive Multiplayer Online that's why organized groups (guilds) are on the first place, with current situation killing raid bosses is not exciting but fighting for it makes it exciting thing for sure, it's additional simple way to increase competition between guilds like Node wars and Castle sieges

- let's be honest, current AI system it's not big challenge but keeping randoms/war guilds far away from raid boss when for example 30 % of people from guild is focused on killing the raid boss and the rest is trying to keep away enemies requires tactic, organized guild

If somebody survived in PvP zone for about 5 minutes (at the first 5 minutes when boss spawned for example) he deals damage but if somebody was killed this time resets and he need to stay alive in the PvP zone for another 5 minutes, until this still can attack raid boss but he doesn't deal any damage. In other case people will coming back again and again and again - something like never ending story.

+better profits for guild for killing world bosses

Edited by Enzo
1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly that would create mass chaos. With top guilds battling for just 1 world boss, everyone would be focusing on 'killing' each other instead of the actual world boss. Also people who are just running by to go to somewhere else could be mistaken as an enemy and can be a target too. Also it would just make it unfair for other guilds to participate since the top ones are dominating and have more better and more overall players than others. They should focus on adding end game pve instead of pvp. Nice suggestion tho c:

Posted

It would increase zerg, not competition.

It does not give people the opportunity to 'fight' for the raid boss, as they will be instantly wiped by zerg guilds. If exp loss on PK death remains, people other than zerg guilds won't even show up.

I want more pvp, but this is not the right kind.

3 people like this

Posted

Isn't it all about dominating and competition? I mean there's a chaos already, I didn't feel anything special about killing raid boss with 100 random people around me, it was just... Okay let's attack this huge brick until we smash it. If top guild will keep raid boss for 30 minutes and others will fail they gonna finally give up, it doesn't mean my idea is perfect, of course but if we can talk about it together maybe we can find out how to make this more exciting and competitive.

Posted (edited)

Bosses are in the open world. What are you talking about, what rules? It's free for all.... it always was. You want to kill someone, do it... you can. And anyone can kill you too.

All zones are pvp beside main cities, including where bosses spawn.... And that's how it is supposed to be. OPEN WORLD people.... google it.

Swear to god that this forum is becoming a pool of s**t. Usless posts EVERYWHERE! This thread needs some god damned mods.

Edited by Chun-Chun
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It does not give people the opportunity to 'fight' for the raid boss, as they will be instantly wiped by zerg guilds. If exp loss on PK death remains, people other than zerg guilds won't even show up.

It's obvious that zerg is not made because of luck, zerg is made by people who wants to join the biggest guild and it makes them "zerg" because everyone wants to be in organized guild (excluding randoms who are more enjoying solostyle). Argument about big amount of people and calling it zerg in the game called MASSIVE multiplayer online is the most stupid ''argument'' I've ever seen. If you want enjoy the biggest PvP's and fight for the best thing, prove to best guild you're worth it instead of crying that big zerg takes everything because it's all about big, organized guilds, don't tell me that being the member of the biggest guild is not awesome. People are joining the guild for the reason, one wants to be a member of casual guild and other person wants to be a member of top guild, and yeah top guilds usually are build by zergs and they're supposed to take all - keeping 100 people together is not easy, if you're good enough you can be a member of this zerg without any problem.

Edited by Enzo

Posted (edited)

As I thought, carebears and randoms came to the topic and gonna cry how the game content is cruel for them because they can't do anything because of zergs.

Stupid massive online player game...

Edited by Enzo

Posted

Bosses are in the open world. What are you talking about, what rules? It's free for all.... it always was. You want to kill someone, do it... you can. And anyone can kill you too.

All zones are pvp beside main cities, including where bosses spawn.... And that's how it is supposed to be. OPEN WORLD people.... google it.

Swear to god that this forum is becoming a pool of s**t. Usless posts EVERYWHERE! This thread needs some god damned mods.

You've never been playing MMO with open world and bosses (excluding with tons of dungeons and some shitty "bosses" in imagined open world)

Posted

You've never been playing MMO with open world and bosses (excluding with tons of dungeons and some shitty "bosses" in imagined open world)

sure mate ;) Whatever pleases your ears.

What you suggest is ridiculous. It works just fine. Yes, bosses need better mechanics, but it has NOTHING to do with how pvp works. NOTHING!

Posted

This is simple:

- it increases competition between guilds because so far killing raid bosses in the world of Black Desert with current Karma system looks like one big random festival where everyone's attacking huge brick (let's be honest is hard to kill 100 randoms around you even with your guild with Karma penalty system)

- it gives people opportunity to fight for raid boss, top raid bosses should be available only for top guilds because MMO means Massive Multiplayer Online that's why organized groups (guilds) are on the first place, with current situation killing raid bosses is not exciting but fighting for it makes it exciting thing for sure, it's additional simple way to increase competition between guilds like Node wars and Castle sieges

- let's be honest, current AI system it's not big challenge but keeping randoms/war guilds far away from raid boss when for example 30 % of people from guild is focused on killing the raid boss and the rest is trying to keep away enemies requires tactic, organized guild

+better profits for guild for killing world bosses

Aww yiss, I would absolutely agree with everything. +1.

Posted

To be honest this seems like it does nothing but reward the biggest guilds and seems to encourage bullying solo players and smaller guilds. I understand your idea but I see it being abused easily by guilds who like bullying other people anyway, people will end up joining x guild not because they're looking for something organized or because x guild is helpful and has a nice community, but because said guild is the biggest and controls the world boss. Which in-turn makes that guild bigger simply because its big.

I get what you're suggesting but i don't think encouraging and rewarding bullying smaller guilds and solo players is the way to go, even though you're not directly suggesting bullying I can see it becoming that way.

Maybe there could be world bosses that are exclusive to guilds? These bosses could be stronger than the world bosses available to everyone else. Making fighting it harder while you also try and fend off other guilds/players? Just a though but I think there are other angels to come at this other than painting a big target on solo players and smaller guilds.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Had alliance pvp on swordsman online over world bosses; was great. All the pve players essentially got shut out and our pvp alliance was able to secure 5/5 serverwide bosses plus go cross server and invade other servers' bosses because yolo. Shame the dps squad didn't want to follow alliance rules forbidding drop sales outside alliance except if you can rip someone off.

Fully support the idea because really, if you're a small casual guild/solo player/disorganized guild you don't deserve world boss drops.

Edited by Walpurga

Posted (edited)

if you're a small casual guild/solo player/disorganized guild you don't deserve world boss drops.

This. People are so naive, the biggest drama will be after official start when guilds gonna create alt guilds (not exactly, because there will be probably zergs with over 100 people, not enough space for all people in one guild), I wanna see faces of casuals after first siege when one or two top guilds with alts will take all castles :D

This is how I had to fight for world bosses

Edited by Enzo

Posted (edited)

This. People are so naive, the biggest drama will be after official start when guilds gonna create alt guilds (not exactly, because there will be probably zergs with over 100 people, not enough space for all people in one guild), I wanna see faces of casuals after first siege when one or two top guilds with alts will take all castles :D

This is how I had to fight for world bosses

Woaha, you had to compete for open world bosses? Tell me more....

Most of us loved that on Lineage2. If you didn't like it, maybe Lineage2 was not a game for you and probably bdo isn't either.

Edited by Chun-Chun
1 person likes this

Posted

back when PWI world bosses took 40 people and not just one assassin with decent-ish gear and buff alts hue hue hue

Posted

Can someone please explain to me how boss loot works?  instant loot to party with most damage done? everyone who "contributed" gets loot? l2 like? Obviously never raided on BDO so cant rly have an opinion on that.

About PvP rules, i hope that at least we can PvP/PK without karma penalties in X distance around the boss.

Small guilds/solo'ss etc, they can stick to mob farm, some stuff should be available only to top guilds/players, else they should add personal instanced castles so everyone have access to the benefits they offer.

About zerg's, i cant think of any guild that'll have more than 100 members atm, but i except to see the zerg excuse a lot after the first sieges.

Posted

QQQQQQQ

Why do you even bother making topics if you cannot handle when people do not agree with you? Just stop.

Posted

This. Zerg PvP is aids. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do you even bother making topics if you cannot handle when people do not agree with you? Just stop.

My thoughts exactly.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Too many recruitment applications rejected in the past? :D What did you expect, according to your posts on forum, considering randoms/carebears who just want to kill everything in peace without any competition - this is not good idea, you just want to cut off competition/pvp content to the maximum limit. Raid bosses should be for everyone - rotfl you want everything in easy way, zerg is aids because most people want to join it instead of your casual guild and that's why you have no chance, rotfl.

Following your logic we won't see any big PvP's excluding occasional sieges, lack of open world PvP content like fighting for bosses (yes with mass zergs) because this is the best way to grab people's attention. Do you want to keep people for a long time only with PvE content which is not much complicated, AI is terrible, you want to keep fantasy world in peace, sounds so funny, the game will be F2P after 6 months.

Prolly I got more PvP points in one week in L2 than I'll ever get in Black Desert, and people calls this PvP MMO, rotfl. (Yes, I've been playing on KR)

Edited by Enzo
1 person likes this

Posted

Please, just stop.

Posted

No, don't stop.  These are the best kinds of threads where someone thinks he has the best idea ever and when someone disagrees he starts calling them names and telling them their reasonings are stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

Prolly I got more PvP points in one week in L2 than I'll ever get in Black Desert, and people calls this PvP MMO, rotfl. (Yes, I've been playing on KR)

So, it comes down to how much PVP you want in the game, you want chaos and mayhem, and then let the largest groups rule the server. I played some MMORPG's in my past, and I can tell you that it will become unplayable for solo players who like to play the game without the need to call up a bunch of swearing kids on TS in an attempt to coordinate the next attack on the second largest PVP guild.

My vote is no.

Posted (edited)

What do you mean by saying unplayable?
Obviously top raid bosses are for the biggest guilds, current system is one big chaos, where's the challenge at all? Bunch of random zerg around boss. There's a lot of more players in guilds than solo players, second thing is making big guild with organized people is not easy task, you can recruit bunch of randoms but if they know shit about PvP no matter what kind of leader you're leading them is one big nightmare.

This is the main point of MMO, gather the best players and rule with them the fantasy world, noone of potential future players cares about random player who's killing monsters in piece, the biggest advertise for the game comes from PvP content and this is what leaders of biggest guilds wants. Have you ever wondered why articles and videos about PvP's takes the biggest attention, I guess you didn't. You just want to kill brainless monsters and raid bosses with randoms around, where's the challenge and competition, rotfl.

Top guilds will take castles anyway, after 2-3 sieges (yeah bro perma locked controlling) small guilds after few sieges won't even consider participating again because they will be smashed, top guilds will be bored because of lack of fighting for raid bosses, limited amount of guild wars to 5. This is not PvP game with current system, you're afraid of being out of competiton with system like that, you want gain everything in peace without being afraid that someone may jump on your back.

This is pure definition of carebears and randoms. You've been playing MMO's in the past and you didn't even mention one game with system and reason why it was unplayable for solo players. It's obvious that guild should give a chance for people to make them stronger, but not for free, it's payback for spending time to gather organized people when good way of controlling them leads to wins. Bosses with best drops, hunting zones. You hate zergs but still you want be a part of big events like important raid bosses, lmao. If that's so easy, make a one and we will see.

Top comments from youtube videos from top videos with bosses are mostly negative. I had the same feeling in KR, boring and no competition at all.

This is my last response to the randoms/carebears who wants to cut off competition between guilds (top guilds, not you and your 10 friends) to the limits.

Edited by Enzo

Posted

I agree that the raid bosses are for bigger guilds, raids consist of several groups of players. I do not like zerges around the boss if the location is in the open world and everyone can fight it (like i witnessed in GW2). I prefer the party function where everyone has their role, like the tank, healer, dps and buffer in an instanced dungeon. But that might not be the case in this game.

It is fun to gather people and organize them into a guild of cooperation. But the assumption of the need to be the best guild has never struck me as important for me to enjoy the game. Some degree of competition is good, but not if everything is focused on it. The main focus should be on enjoying the game whatever your taste. Some people just don't enjoy the constant urge to kill the opposition. It gets in the way of exploration and story. This is why it is important to have a strong PVE part of the game and have the opportunity to PVP if you please.

I actually PVP myself, but have played enough games to know when it is in excess too much. I played Mortal Online, GW2, FFXI, FFXIV, Warhammer Online, Silkroad Online, WOW, Archeage, Lineage 2, Aion, Phantasy Star online, Mabinogi, Age of Conan, LOTRO, Raiderz, RF online, Tera, Vindictus, EVE online and probably a dozen more I can't remember. most of these games I have been in alpha and beta as well. If a game relies on you being in a big guild in order to set foot outside to do something else than killing other players then it is a huge setback for smaller groups.

I can only emphasize how important PVE content is in MMORPG's. It is what defines the world you walk. If you don't care about all that then I suggest you go play games like Overwatch coming out soon.. Lots of PVP there. Personally I actually like FPS games, that list is way longer than my MMORPG list.

You also like to call people carebears, and you are a carebear for PVP, so whats up carebear! :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0