• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

5 reasons why I can't take Daum serious

179 posts in this topic

Posted

Doesn't changed the fact that not everyone stays logged in mate, without facts to back it up we're both pulling numbers out of our arse. All we do know is that as a minimum, this game still has 120,000 players. The player-base could be more, but it can't be less. 

I agree. I'm just saying, concurrent players in another game might hold more value than concurrent players in this game. There are many more reasons to AFK and let the game play for you.

Posted

4, there's tons of information on the game. There are tons of websites with an amazing amount of information and there's skill calculators, horse and pet calculators as well.

How is any of those websites related to Daum NA / EU?

Posted

How is any of those websites related to Daum NA / EU?

Sites have to be linked to www.blackdesertonline.com to be good information? http://www.blackdeserttome.com/ http://bddatabase.net/us/ http://blackdesertfoundry.com/ are three very trusworthy sites with information that's all, if not; almost all, updated with our current version in NA/EU and give quite accurate information. tome being my least favorite, the database being my most favorite.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1. Scam. We pay for a product and get a different one (Worse horses / pets from preorder packs than advertised).

2. Support does not exist. (People are still waiting for a response on 30 day old tickets, no ingame help, no voice support, no live chat).
    I never experienced such bad support anywhere before.

3. Forum managers randomly close threads by their liking. (Complains / feedbacks / bugs simply getting ignored).

4. Informations about the game itself are very hard to find (max tier on mounts / pets). While people actually spend money on it.
    (Yes, some people did try to get their pets tier 5 since there is absolutely no information ingame that you can't get past tier 4.
    We also can't see if tier 7/8 horses are out, people are using real cash for more breeding attempts trying to get one).
    Ingame Wiki needs more updates!

5. Server seems to be laggy compared to other MMOs. Desynchronization with other players happens often.
    With all the money saved at employees, they could atleast get some decent hardware.

1. True
pGzPn2v.jpgWM9UrVE.jpg
CeKWbE0.jpglCDyVMS.jpg7cAdOgC.jpgS0Gbfbt.jpgpzjJTQf.jpg46KvvVt.jpg
People who do not play BDO NA/EU or do not play at all, shut the ffff hell up.
Patch notes are cool and so on, but you will want to update the info avaible 'ingame'.
When a game has been out for 2 years, you do not go read thru 2 years of patchnotes.

qUuSKJG.jpg
But hey, ofc you can go look this stuff up yourselves, because you do play BDO NA/EU  right???

Edited by Entenfachfrau

Posted (edited)

Sites have to be linked to www.blackdesertonline.com to be good information? http://www.blackdeserttome.com/ http://bddatabase.net/us/ http://blackdesertfoundry.com/ are three very trusworthy sites with information that's all, if not; almost all, updated with our current version in NA/EU and give quite accurate information. tome being my least favorite, the database being my most favorite.

Those are not official websites by Daum. Daum would look even less untrustworthy if they assume that people should use external sites to get their information about a game that they publish.

To make this clear. I simply say that they have to update their ingame Wiki whenever they give out a new patch. Their Wiki need to be up-to-date and provide every information that you need before you make a puchase. Max pet tier as example is an information that needs to be in the ingame help!

Edit.
Wow i just realized that their ingame wiki is just a link to that blackdeserttome. No wonder that it is outdated and totally useless for our version.
This is a totally new level of incompetence. Now i really feel like Daum puts no effort at all in their game.

Edited by Novre

Posted

Those are not official websites by Daum. Daum would look even less untrustworthy if they assume that people should use external sites to get their information about a game that they publish.

To make this clear. I simply say that they have to update their ingame Wiki whenever they give out a new patch. Their Wiki need to be up-to-date and provide every information that you need before you make a puchase. Max pet tier as example is an information that needs to be in the ingame help!

Edit.
Wow i just realized that their ingame wiki is just a link to that blackdeserttome. No wonder that it is outdated and totally useless for our version.
This is a totally new level of incompetence. Now i really feel like Daum puts no effort at all in their game.

Do you even hear yourself? You didn't even know the wiki in game was the same as blackdeserttome... I knew that the very first day i started playing the game. Didn't take much to figure out. Anyways, no it does not. It's been confirmed in the patch notes/pm diary (whichever it was) that pets max tier is 4. We've also been explicitly told nothing from the cash shop can be sold on the marketplace. Do you know just how many unofficial sites there are on WoW and other MMOs? Take wowhead for example. It's not an official source by any means.. but it's trustworthy and accurate to a point. If you can't find what you're looking for on the sites i listed, or if the information is wrong (aside from bdotome) they are always making improvements and adjustments as the days progress. Get off the high horse and actually know your shit before you try and bring someone down.

Posted

Edit.

Funny how it's the worst of the three yeah?

Posted

Lets remember to stay respectful. He voiced his complaints in a reasonable manner, i would like to think everyone can debate the points he made in a likewise reasonable manner.

:)

it is hard to show trolls respect or take them seriously, they ruin things for everyone and its dangerous when people believe them.

the points the guy made falls short from reality in ost cases and/or is his own fault and lack of being able to have common sense, if someone shoots themselves with a gun and blames gunlaw i find it hard to respect them too xP

Posted

1. Scam. We pay for a product and get a different one (Worse horses / pets from preorder packs than advertised).

2. Support does not exist. (People are still waiting for a response on 30 day old tickets, no ingame help, no voice support, no live chat).

3. Forum managers randomly close threads by their liking. (Complains / feedbacks / bugs simply getting ignored).

4. Informations about the game itself are very hard to find (max tier on mounts / pets). While people actually spend money on it.
    (Yes, some people did try to get their pets tier 5 since there is absolutely no information ingame that you can't get past tier 4.
    We also can't see if tier 7/8 horses are out, people are using real cash for more breeding attempts trying to get one).

5. Server seems to be laggy compared to other MMOs. Desynchronization with other players happens often.
    With all the money saved at employees, they could atleast get some decent hardware.

This is all true. Things could be fixed. For right now focus on having fun, you have complained, and there is nothing more you can do because they do not listen most of the time. Leave it to the others to make this viral. Go have fun in the game now. No need to get stressed over the people that will eventually start shitposting here. You have stated your opinion, and it has been noted. 

Bye bye~

Posted

#2 is so damn true, i have 2 tickets in already from last week still no answer. I have never seen this kind of customer support in any mmos but this. in B&S even though the end game is sh!tty, but their customer support is very responsive. but here after all the explains about that i heard, i have decided that i don't give too Fs about this damn "support team" they got in their office.

Posted

I would also like to notate that even though you can do a lot of research there will be some difference between our game (NA/EU) then the Eastern market game (RU/KR/JP) since we're B2P (best payment model) versus freemium.  Also would like to point out there are blatant false information out there from random "guides" or lack thereof simply because a lot of people that played other servers prior haven't made a guide that is applicable to our version.  My guildmates and I are currently working on our own with some true info we've come across along with collecting our own info to make better informed guides.

Posted

Updated Mainpost with pictures.

jEin7XZ.jpg  6U5pnpW.jpg
Normal Cash Shop Pet                                                        Preorder Pet

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

jEin7XZ.jpg  6U5pnpW.jpg
    Normal Cash Shop Pet                                                        Preorder Pet

Literally I just googled if tier 5 pets are out or tier 7 horses and literally everywhere says no..pls

Wikis are community driven btw, it's not up to daum to make a Wiki

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

I think you've never heard of the C/S of KalOnline.

Compared to them this is the best C/S in the world. :P

Posted (edited)

1. Forum managers randomly close threads by their liking. (Complains / feedbacks / bugs simply getting ignored).

Only threads I've seen volunteers/CMs close are:

1) Obvious troll bait
2) Repeated topics that everyone is sick of seeing
3) Harassment/call-out threads against specific users
4) Issues that clearly belong in other forums and not the general one (ie: bugs, glitches, reporting)

I would love for you to find me an example of a thread that didn't warrant a lock.

Edited by Tesi_Amsel

Posted

jEin7XZ.jpg  6U5pnpW.jpg

This is completely wrong.

This is what i have on my pre-order pet.

pre-orderpetCapture.PNG

Posted

This is completely wrong.

This is what i have on my pre-order pet.

pre-orderpetCapture.PNG

Well then probably only my pet is bugged. If they would answer threads or tickets i would know it is a bug or not.
But for now it just looks like i got scammed. Since the loot time for this pet should be 4.0 sec on level 10.

Posted

Well then probably only my pet is bugged. If they would answer threads or tickets i would know it is a bug or not.But for now it just looks like i got scammed. Since the loot time for this pet should be 4.0 sec on level 10.

You do realize 4.0 is not guranteed right? I have a cash shop pet @ 5.0 @ lvl 10

They stated this before.

Posted

You do realize 4.0 is not guranteed right? I have a cash shop pet @ 5.0 @ lvl 10

They stated this before.

Would be nice to see a statement of them. Could you link it?

Posted

Well then probably only my pet is bugged. If they would answer threads or tickets i would know it is a bug or not.But for now it just looks like i got scammed. Since the loot time for this pet should be 4.0 sec on level 10.

Can you stop using the word Scam? Do you understand the gravity of it? If a company scams you, you can go to courts.

You might have a bug. Please do some research before kicking off accusations.

I have purchased 4 conqueror accounts and 2 of which are being played. I have never encountered any issue after the headstart preorder items delay.

I have spent over 1600 euro across all the accounts up to today.

However, I have seen countless threads about how badly inconsiderate Daum EU has been regarding the support tickets. This alarms me so much. But, myself, I had no major issues up to now.

Posted

Would be nice to see a statement of them. Could you link it?

Starting loot times for some pets are random. Cats and dogs have 10-12s initial loot time and Hawks always start at 10s loot time.

I don't have an official statement for you, this is how it was in KR. it was talked about on the forums before. 4.0 is THE most common, just not guranteed.

Fun fact the hawk @ 4.0 is more like 6.0 because of how it picks up loot.

Posted

Let's not use the "we" term when posting our own opinion, m'kay? 

You paid for the game, the pre-order bonuses are merely bonuses and if you check their fine print you'll see that there's most probably a clause that states that you are only entitled to said bonuses whilst stocks last or under Daum's discretion. You also had the chance to demand a refund if you were unhappy with the game. Daum can make you sign your rights away or waiver your right to a refund, but it doesn't trump European law. 

All my tickets have been answered within 2 days. Just because you've had a bad experience doesn't mean they have terrible support, just like how if I've had a great experience doesn't mean they're amazing. They've admitted that they didn't expect this many people to play and are working on hiring more staff.

Learn to read the rules mate, just because they're deleting a comment or thread you've posted on doesn't mean that they're biased. 

It's called Google, just because you've wasted your money without researching first does not mean the details aren't out there. 

As above, they've stated they're working on improving the servers and hiring more staff.

Try again friend :)

Got to the word "probably", talking out of ass confirmed. Stopped reading.

Posted (edited)

My preorder cat has a 4 sec cooldown for his looting skill.

It's just random, and you happen to be unlucky. Don't blame Daum for it.

Edited by Theb

Posted

Let's not use the "we" term when posting our own opinion, m'kay? 

All my tickets have been answered within 2 days. Just because you've had a bad experience doesn't mean they have terrible support, just like how if I've had a great experience doesn't mean they're amazing. They've admitted that they didn't expect this many people to play and are working on hiring more staff.

I've had multiple tickets go 20+ days, with my most recent one being answered in 34 days. Same is true for at least three of my friends.

It's called Google, just because you've wasted your money without researching first does not mean the details aren't out there.

This does not mean at all that the Wiki in-game is perfectly fine to be out of date. Yes, you can go to Google but if a company is going to implement a wiki into the game, at least make sure it's up to date.

Posted

My preorder cat has a 4 sec cooldown for his looting skill.

It's just random, and you happen to be unlucky. Don't blame Daum for it.

I'm okay with it to be random, but they clearly have to state that information before you buy the pet from them.oTWmXxA.jpg

At the moment it looks like it will be 4sec at level 10. Also to mention that the basic speed was 12sec on level 1 on my cat.