• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

5 reasons why I can't take Daum serious

179 posts in this topic

Posted

But because the T5 horse on the conq package breeds like a T3 horse and only has one inventory slots the whole package wasn't on par with the explorers pack..? 

No. The problem is that they're starting to set a trend of acting "sneaky" and untrustworthy. They look like they're trying to get away with things without communication, then when a mass of people "catch" what they chose to do, they say "shit, yah, sorry, we decided to do this because x, y, and z". But it's already too late and the cash spent becomes non-refundable. I wouldn't try a refund, but it's still shady as f*ck trying to trick money out of people who aren't watching every forum post made.

Examples are preorder horse, preorder pet, mismatched dye boxes, preorder access dates, etc. 

Posted

Look at all th3 fanboys lol

Repeat with me "daum can do no wrong, this is an mmo with alot of player interactive activities, and daum can do no wrong. They are god". 

brainwashing.jpg

Posted (edited)

This is completely wrong.

This is what i have on my pre-order pet.

pre-orderpetCapture.PNG

1. True
pGzPn2v.jpgWM9UrVE.jpg

Well that is what my pre-order pet looks like. 
I will explain it to you, lvl 8 cat which was bought after official launch loots every 4,5sec. 
my pre-order package cat at lvl 10 loots every 6,0sec. My pre-order cat started out with 12 second intervall at lvl 1. Current pets in shop, all of them due to changes done to our version start out with looting every 10sec at lvl 1.

Edited by Entenfachfrau

Posted (edited)

I'm okay with it to be random, but they clearly have to state that information before you buy the pet from them.oTWmXxA.jpg

At the moment it looks like it will be 4sec at level 10. Also to mention that the basic speed was 12sec on level 1 on my cat.

It's right there though. Can grow up to.

Doesn't mean it will. Yeah, they could have warn about the random factor, but they didn't lie about it. If it was the same stats for every pets, they would have said: "Will grow up to 4-sec item pick-up frequency".

Edited by Theb

Posted (edited)

Doesn't mean it will. Yeah, they could have warn about the random factor, but they didn't lie about it. If it was the same stats for every pets, they would have said: "Will grow up to 4-sec item pick-up frequency".

This merely means that it can grow up to 4 sec due to leveling up. No RNG here. 
Do you even play BDO EU/NA?
DO you have any pets?

Edit: all cats reach 4 sec looting intervall at lvl 10. (at least the ones you buy in cash shop)

Edited by Entenfachfrau

Posted

Let's not use the "we" term when posting our own opinion, m'kay? 

You paid for the game, the pre-order bonuses are merely bonuses and if you check their fine print you'll see that there's most probably a clause that states that you are only entitled to said bonuses whilst stocks last or under Daum's discretion. You also had the chance to demand a refund if you were unhappy with the game. Daum can make you sign your rights away or waiver your right to a refund, but it doesn't trump European law. 

All my tickets have been answered within 2 days. Just because you've had a bad experience doesn't mean they have terrible support, just like how if I've had a great experience doesn't mean they're amazing. They've admitted that they didn't expect this many people to play and are working on hiring more staff.

Learn to read the rules mate, just because they're deleting a comment or thread you've posted on doesn't mean that they're biased. 

It's called Google, just because you've wasted your money without researching first does not mean the details aren't out there. 

As above, they've stated they're working on improving the servers and hiring more staff.

Try again friend :)

Google is not an excuse for shitty ingame wiki. 

Posted

I'm okay with it to be random, but they clearly have to state that information before you buy the pet from them.oTWmXxA.jpg

At the moment it looks like it will be 4sec at level 10. Also to mention that the basic speed was 12sec on level 1 on my cat.

Up to doesnt mean 100% gurantee. just like my internet provider says UP to 50mbps

Posted

In advertising,  can is the same as will. If it is not a certainty,  don't advertise it.

Posted (edited)

Up to doesnt mean 100% gurantee. just like my internet provider says UP to 50mbps

it will go to 4sec 100% at lvl 10. If you buy from cash shop now.

Edited by Entenfachfrau

Posted (edited)

Well, if my internet provider says up to 50mbps i expect those 50mbps. If they don't give me what i pay for then i change the provider.

Edit. "This car can reach up to 200km/h." So i expect to be able to drive 200km/h with the car.

Edited by Novre

Posted

Unless there is some extraneous circumstance,  you will get 50 Mbps. They say up to just to cover their butts because the speed is not always in the isps control, in a giant network of multiple operators all over the world.

Pets are strictly under the control of one company here. 

Posted (edited)

This merely means that it can grow up to 4 sec due to leveling up. No RNG here. 
Do you even play BDO EU/NA?
DO you have any pets?

Edit: all cats reach 4 sec looting intervall at lvl 10. (at least the ones you buy in cash shop)

Lol, do you even read?

I even said in my initial post that my own cat had a 4 sec cooldown for looting.

And yes there IS RNG.

You only needed to look at a few post in this thread to realize that many people don't have the same cooldown value on their cats.

Edited by Theb

Posted

Then go play a different damn game stop calling for an abandon ship.

Posted

Look at all the White Knights. It's White Knight Christmas up in this -----.

Posted

Then go play a different damn game stop calling for an abandon ship.

I dont really see the abandon ship message here... but I do see a lot of people who are passionated about BDO, some who thinks all is good, some who thinks wrongs should be set right (such as discrepancies between in-game horses and pre-order horses, pearl cats and pre-order cats etc).

I know, its been said in a great deal of threads already, but until DAUM decides to speak their mind about it, this will continue.

In the end, our passion for BDO is why we even care.

So, please, stop telling people to stop playing the game, it's getting old.

Posted

I dont really see the abandon ship message here... but I do see a lot of people who are passionated about BDO, some who thinks all is good, some who thinks wrongs should be set right (such as discrepancies between in-game horses and pre-order horses, pearl cats and pre-order cats etc).

I know, its been said in a great deal of threads already, but until DAUM decides to speak their mind about it, this will continue.

In the end, our passion for BDO is why we even care.

So, please, stop telling people to stop playing the game, it's getting old.

abandon ship is the result of constantly bashing our games publisher and perpetuating a negative atmosphere.

Theyre not perfect but neither is this OP, who created thread #345 bashing Daum. THATS what's getting old.

Posted

abandon ship is the result of constantly bashing our games publisher and perpetuating a negative atmosphere.

Theyre not perfect but neither is this OP, who created thread #345 bashing Daum. THATS what's getting old.

Sorry.  Claiming that players "abandoning ship" is only the result of "constantly bashing our games publisher and perpetuating a negative atmosphere" is incredibly ignorant.  There are many reasons why players leave games, some the being the fault of players, and some being the fault of the game creators.  

Nobody is asking for a "perfect" game.  I'm personally asking for them to stop trying to "hide" so much shit from their players.  

Posted (edited)

Sorry.  Claiming that players "abandoning ship" is only the result of "constantly bashing our games publisher and perpetuating a negative atmosphere" is incredibly ignorant.  There are many reasons why players leave games, some the being the fault of players, and some being the fault of the game creators.  

Nobody is asking for a "perfect" game.  I'm personally asking for them to stop trying to "hide" so much shit from their players.  

ugh you people are intollerable.

These unending complaint threads do far more damage than good to the community I can't understand how you don't see that.

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

These unending complaint threads do far more damage than good to the community I can't understand how you don't see that.

Actually being honest and having high standards doesn't damage the community that was always full of white knights and blind fanbois.

I wish that Daum would step up their standards but as long as we have people who see they do no wrong(or that said wrongs should be ignored, cause game is cool) they will never change their ways. 

2 people like this

Posted

I have purchased 4 conqueror accounts and 2 of which are being played. I have never encountered any issue after the headstart preorder items delay.

I have spent over 1600 euro across all the accounts up to today.

Damn, you make it sound like it's so serious, are you raising an army or something?

Posted

6. Reason: (Yes regarding that funny bonus exp event on EU servers) They are talking about the best possible solution so that most of the players "can be happy" without actually giving any solution :ph34r:

Posted

inb4 thread lock

Posted

1. Scam. We pay for a product and get a different one (Worse horses / pets from preorder packs than advertised).
    jEin7XZ.jpg  6U5pnpW.jpg
    Normal Cash Shop Pet                                                        Preorder Pet

2. Support does not exist. (People are still waiting for a response on 30 day old tickets, no ingame help, no voice support, no live chat).
    I never experienced such bad support anywhere before.

3. Forum managers randomly close threads by their liking. (Complains / feedbacks / bugs simply getting ignored).

4. Informations about the game itself are very hard to find (max tier on mounts / pets). While people actually spend money on it.
    (Yes, some people did try to get their pets tier 5 since there is absolutely no information ingame that you can't get past tier 4.
    We also can't see if tier 7/8 horses are out, people are using real cash for more breeding attempts trying to get one).
    Ingame Wiki needs more updates!

5. Server seems to be laggy compared to other MMOs. Desynchronization with other players happens often.
    With all the money saved at employees, they could atleast get some decent hardware.

Pictures from Entenfachfrau to show how useless the ingame Wiki is.

Hidden Content

5 reasons this game should be 18+ and kids suck as customers

Posted

ugh you people are intollerable.

"You people" are just as intolerable.  We point out exactly where a game feature or communication can improve, thus adding direct measurable value to the conversation.  You so far have contributed nothing but complaints and no constructive improvement suggestions to the conversation, thus zero value.  

Also, don't lump all complaint threads together as if they all have the same value or pertinence.  That's just another way in which you make yourself sound ignorant.  When you say phrases like "These unending complaint threads do far more damage..." you are encapsulating all complaint threads ever made, therefor implying no complaint threads are worthy of posting.  This makes you a White Knight.  Sorry, it's true.  

Posted

Actually being honest and having high standards doesn't damage the community that was always full of white knights and blind fanbois.

I wish that Daum would step up their standards but as long as we have people who see they do no wrong(or that said wrongs should be ignored, cause game is cool) they will never change their ways. 

so you're honestly saying the game is unplayable to you how it is? (The truest l2, inspired world to occur since l2 itself?)

Daum has made plenty of blunders, I'm just tired of people ONLY recognizing those blunders without so much as even trying to acknowledge the many fantastic regional differences we've been given.

sure they made the game not have mass appeal, but much of the people complaining about the Pvp and Ganking aren't even 45 yet... Just a bunch of pve players latching their claws into a game that obviously isn't meant for them. At least it's not targeted at them.

The posts like these push at Daum little by little to revert BDO back to what KR became. Which they don't even understand isn't a game they'll enjoy. It's not a Pvp game because there is very little Pvp. It's not a pve game because it's a brain dead grinder, which is a not a good model for pve unless you intend it to drum up Pvp in an open world setting (which it does).

what I'm saying is, they've delivered a fantastic product, and they cannot at all composite an unbiased complaint unless theyre willing to acknowledge what's also been done right.

All they ever do is say what's wrong, suggest that x game or x region did which aren't reasonable or even constructive solutions because they counter tailor the regional differences.

Yes Daum should probably add more customer support agents for a bit, yes they priced the shop too high (which is not going to change) , and yeah they started off with a bad track record of not informing us before big updates or patches, but they are getting better about that.

Theres a lot of people piling up to bash on them and like one person per page trying to suggest that this has gone massive over the top. (Which it has) all these complaint threads are simply dissapointingly showing how entitled and/or casual our community is.

Step back PLEASE look at the good that's been done, look at the other games to release over the last 10 years where most if not all showed less than no interest in delivering a truely competitive experience.

yeah they want money, the cash shop makes that blatant, as does items like the ghilli suit still making its way over here without any balancing at all aside from pain in the ass consumables, but all businesses need money, and that aside they've shown a clear desire to deliver us a product that is DIFFERENT than all other regions tailored to our somewhat more chaotic tastes for combat compared to the KR playerbase.

Even if we're not the majority (we're not) that doesn't make what Daum has given us bad, they targeted a nitche audience and won us over. Who are you to judge what we like, we're not blind we just like this sort of game. 

We're not often targeted for mmos anymore, we're not gonna let this one slip away without a fight.