• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

5 reasons why I can't take Daum serious

179 posts in this topic

Posted

The fact that they are not hiring people in mass seeing the absurd ticket wait time shows a lot about DAUM.

These guys are here for the quick money, period.

Starts to smell funny here. Bad physical servers (crashes and crashes), ultra horrible customer service, outrageously expensive pixel shop, serious bugs, exploiting right and left...

Luckily i talked with my friends on time so they didn't waste their money... Now they can see the ship cruising or sinking but at least free of charge and without feeling stupid for paying DAUM if my suspicions turn to be true.

By the way, is my imagination or several streamers are running away from BDO? Some were so eager to create their guilds and so... Seems that hype is dying fast.

Posted

absurd ticket wait time 

What absurd ticket time? Just because you are having a long wait does not mean that the other 100k+ players are, in fact we saw how the CM called out people who were complaining about long ticket time waits as not having ANY tickets in the queue. 

"Company wants to earn a profit". This and other stories at 10pm, back to Jesse with today's story "Starbucks charges more for a cup of coffee than a gas station".

Starts to smell funny here. Bad physical servers (crashes and crashes),

Same with the tickets, just because you crash doesn't mean everyone crashes. I crash whenever I go near Coastal Cave due to the amount of people AFK fishing, doesn't mean everyone crashes there.

outrageously expensive pixel shop,

$30 for a costume that you don't need and the benefits of which can be replicated in game.

serious bugs,

Any come to mind? Or are you talking about the bugs on your plants when you're farming?

exploiting right and left...

Which they are dealing with, just because they don't announce daily "We have banned xxxx" like some sort of Hunger Game notification doesn't mean they're not doing anything. 

Now they can see the ship cruising or sinking 

Is it like a reverse titanic? Because 120,000 ACTIVE DAILY players from 400,000 pre-orders is the complete opposite of sinking. 

Posted

DCHvldA.png

I dont have a ticket. 70339. 
Nop. No tickets.

Posted

Is it like a reverse titanic? Because 120,000 ACTIVE DAILY players from 400,000 pre-orders is the complete opposite of sinking. 

400.000 preorders  + ? x sales * 30 euro =?

daum saying they need cashop to keep game running.

what a *king joke of an exuse to have a cashop.

Posted

400.000 preorders  + ? x sales * 30 euro =?

daum saying they need cashop to keep game running.

what a *king joke of an exuse to have a cashop.

Why do phone companies keep releasing new version of phones? Why do game companies release new games? Why does ANY company keep operating when it's made its money back? What should Daum do when they've run out of money after paying for staff, licenses, servers, office rent, supplies and utilities? Shut the game down?

Cash shop is there to keep the lights on, the cash shop is nowhere near P2W so if you don't like it you never need to purchase anything from it. 

Posted

Why do phone companies keep releasing new version of phones? Why do game companies release new games? Why does ANY company keep operating when it's made its money back? What should Daum do when they've run out of money after paying for staff, licenses, servers, office rent, supplies and utilities? Shut the game down?

Cash shop is there to keep the lights on, the cash shop is nowhere near P2W so if you don't like it you never need to purchase anything from it. 

You are comparing apples with oranges.

How about selling decent new content? expansion packs?

I would choose paying for new content anyday over these annoying cach shop features.

You choosen a bad skill .... how annoying but no problem we sell respec in shop....

Your inventory is full again.... how annoying but no problem we sell inv slots....

Your loot disapears because your not fast enough...... how annoying but no problem we sell pets for that.

Your horse did'nt lvl up ect.....

Stop annoying people for your idiotic cash shop items.

Posted

So many CMs disguised as users... xD

Posted

Thank you.
So it is the brown fighting dog and the striped cat which are bugged, aka 2 sec longer looting time.

Do you still have the pet? can you provide a screenshot please if you do.

Unfortunately I already exchanged it with a shepard and even though it became a tier 2 fighting dog, it hasn't leveled up yet and is currently at 10s per pick up. But if it stops at 6.5 again, I'll be sure to take a screen of it.

Posted

So many CMs disguised as users... xD

*Gasp* Maybe this is why they won't tie game accounts to forum use. It's all become so clear.

Posted (edited)

I'm quite happy how everything works for a game that cost 29$..

Could be different story if I had to pay 12$ every month.. though even then I haven't had much issues except my client disconnecting when trying to AFK when the game is at tray (maybe my connection problem?)

Edited by akse

Posted

The fact that they are not hiring people in mass seeing the absurd ticket wait time shows a lot about DAUM.

>>>> it shows a lot about your lack of knowledge of the real world, nothing more. If you have left highschool and presumably have two eyes and a brain its pretty simple to see how poor the jobmarket is and how the situation in EU keeps being at a freefall. No company wants to over recruit in fear of having to lay off people again. Just because something grows does not mean they instantly need 100 new staff people. But i guess common sense and the sligthest insight in how a business is ran is missing, its much easier to just scream scam because its not actinlizzard or EA behind it?<<<<<<

>>> nope, blizzard not creating a single thad of new content, even giving us garrison missions as the VERY first quest in legion, and selling gold, are cash grab/cow milking. A publisher with pear abyss in its back have been going good for 2 years now, its not catered to everyone, but a quick cashgrab it is not.<<<<<<

Starts to smell funny here. Bad physical servers (crashes and crashes), ultra horrible customer service, outrageously expensive pixel shop, serious bugs, exploiting right and left...

>>>>just because you have a shitty setup doesnt mean everyone has the same issues, ive helped quite a lot of people run BDO qithout crashing, i have personally not crashed or had these unstabilities, and no one in my guild seems to randomly crash or lag, i only hear people moan about it here. Id love to hear what bugs youve found, ive not really seem any except small tiny ones that are insignificant. Exploiters will probably get wavebanned like they did in wow where all of a sudden most server top guilds lost 50% of their core raiders :') it takes a bit more than 3 hours to investigate and find the exploiters among the unknowing, especially when software is used. Vid evidence helps them localize and find what yo look for. And it will take a lot more resources to ban 100 people individualøy, when they can swoop away 1500 in one go instead if they do the job right to begin woth. If nothings happened to them untill end of may, then come back with a worry for exploiters<<<<<

Luckily i talked with my friends on time so they didn't waste their money... Now they can see the ship cruising or sinking but at least free of charge and without feeling stupid for paying DAUM if my suspicions turn to be true.
>>> sinking ship? Its been going well for years mate, hell the games full of people even at 1-7am even on weekdays middle of the night theres tonnes of people...<<<<<

By the way, is my imagination or several streamers are running away from BDO? Some were so eager to create their guilds and so... Seems that hype is dying fast.

>>>> bdo is a slow paced mmo, you have a brain, how many people enjoy watching nature programmes compared to a game of footy? No viewers=no$$$. No $$& means they move on<<<<<

Posted

@Kezha Stop the ad hominems and maybe then someone will take any of your words seriously, meanwhile bla, bla, bla.

Afraid of hiring 5 more people for a game that supposedly have 200000 players as they proudly said? Wow, such a risk...

My setup is probably better than yours (3 weeks old computer), still setup has nothing to do with characters resetting from 55 to 6, quests being glitched, purchases in shop being charged but pearls not obtained, and hundreds more... Then wait a month for a solution to come... Oh yeah, and we should be grateful, ins't it? Mr. fanboy?

You can be the biggest fanboy of the universe but that won't change these things, this game has been online for a year and a half in Korea, then in Japan and Russia, but still we are getting all the exploits and bugs they had in the past... What does this say about their competence? Sorry, but DAUM looks very unprofessional.

Making bugs an event... Hahaha, never seen in any other game... I hope that a combat xp bug does not appear in NA now, or europeans would reach level 60 before Valencia... Really, amazing management decisions...

Posted

Oh shit this thread is still alive?

Posted (edited)

What absurd ticket time? Just because you are having a long wait does not mean that the other 100k+ players are, in fact we saw how the CM called out people who were complaining about long ticket time waits as not having ANY tickets in the queue. 

Could you show us an example of a ticket that got answered in less than 48h? Since i can't believe that some got so fast answer while other have to wait 3 weeks or more.

Edited by Novre

Posted (edited)

Please pint out where I'm not being respectful and I'll happily edit it out and avoid using it in the future, a generic "be respectful" comment doesn't help as I have no idea of knowing what you consider to be respectful or disrespectful. Not trying to argue here, but I can't try to avoid over-stepping the line if I don't know where it is. Sorry.

Same difference, you paid for the game and rest is merely a bonus. They admitted their mistake and gave players an alternative, they even offered a refund for those who weren't happy. Complaining about it a month after the fact has no place in the argument; it's all water under the bridge. 

U where belittling him: learn to read, grow up. Not rly contributing objectively.

My guess is, u were very well aware of that.

No worries its how ppl communicate on forums or think irl these days.

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted

the customer service needs work forsure.

I'll be playing this game until another good one comes out.

Posted

Could you show us an example of a ticket that got answered in less than 48h? Since i can't believe that some got so fast answer while other have to wait 3 weeks or more.

By all means, given two examples so it can't be seen as a one-off. 

sXUUj4K.png

qKGk4aZ.png

Posted (edited)

1. Scam. We pay for a product and get a different one (Worse horses / pets from preorder packs than advertised).

Hidden Content

2. Support does not exist. (People are still waiting for a response on 30 day old tickets, no ingame help, no voice support, no live chat).
    I never experienced such bad support anywhere before.

3. Forum managers randomly close threads by their liking. can't handle the amount of threads. (Complains / feedbacks / bugs simply getting ignored).

4. Informations about the game itself are very hard to find (max tier on mounts / pets). While people actually spend money on it.
    (Yes, some people did try to get their pets tier 5 since there is absolutely no information ingame that you can't get past tier 4.
    We also can't see if tier 7/8 horses are out, people are using real cash for more breeding attempts trying to get one).
    Ingame Wiki needs more updates!

5. Server seems to be laggy compared to other MMOs. Desynchronization with other players happens often.
    With all the money saved at employees, they could atleast get some decent hardware.

Pictures from Entenfachfrau to show how useless the ingame Wiki is.

Hidden Content

Agree with...all points really. #3 has really bothered me lately. Seen quite a few forum threads closed by CMs and volunteer mods like Deska.

Would be nice to have hot topics acknowledged by the CMs instead of ignored/swept under the rug. 

...and on #4, good example is the random stats upon leveling. Leveling and base stats are totally RNG... Daum had no idea. At least they posted in that thread. 

Edited by Wookaru

Posted (edited)

By all means, given two examples so it can't be seen as a one-off. 

sXUUj4K.png

qKGk4aZ.png

Thanks for this. It's really nice to see what a good experience you had with your tickets.
Sadly we usually only hear about the bad on the forum. That gives overall a bad impression about their support.
Let's hope this will be the service that we all get in the near future and not only a few lucky ones.

Edited by Novre

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, CM_Jouska said:
  • Fixed the following pets to have the correct pick up speed;

• Striped Cat, Orange Brindle Cat, Black Masked Cat, Black Brindled Cat, Calpheon Chubby Dog, Brown Fighting Dog, Naughty Dog (If you have any issue regarding your pets names just put it back into the inventory and put it back out again)

Edited by Entenfachfrau

Posted

The pick up time from the bugged pets got fixed today! I checked it ingame and it's true. My Cat has finally a 4second pick up time.

Posted (edited)

Another battle is yet to be won.qeH3a6N.png
Conquerors ''Tier5 Horse'' :

Cannot learn Tier5 and Tier4 skills, is skillwise a Tier3 at max (cannot learn SideStep)
Does not have a higher Chance of learning Skills
Has a lower Stamina-Pool
Has a bigger Healthpoints-Pool
Breeds like a Tier2 Female or a Tier3 Male
Has 1 BreedingAttempt while other Tier5 Males have 2 
Has one inventory Slot unlike other Horses (e.g. Explorer Package Tier3 has 2)
Can carry less weight than other Tier5
Cannot be exchanged as well as cannot be sold

None of these Limitations have been mentioned : 

4yqLey9.png

Edited by Entenfachfrau
3 people like this

Posted

The most hilarious part about this is that they try to give the responsibility to Pearl Abyss, when it was clearly an advertising-failure from Daum.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Skills ConquerPackage Tier5 Horse can learn versus regular Tier5 

Tier5 Conquer Pack:
bswK8Ef.jpgIRqo5t3.jpg34uHUrg.jpg
SkfzuMX.jpg
Regular Tier5:
6z0xhZK.jpgw4SfHv1.jpgEGurM4s.jpg
Sideways Move aka Sidestep.qs9K8mw.jpg

Info + Inventory regular Tier4:
I8Q6fZR.jpg

Info + Inventory Conquer Tier5:
eka33br.jpg

Edited by Entenfachfrau

Posted

So, we have now the pet & the horse issue solved (great job on that). Still no reply on the misleading dye box names.

Communication from Daum seems to get even worse. However the problem with randomly closing forum threads got solved.

We can also see some improvement on the customer support (thanks to Dew), but overall still way too bad.

Still no official statement about horse tiers. KR also knows what their max tier is. This isn't something that we should've to figure out.

Ingame Wiki still didn't got fixed.