• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why PvP should be unlocked at 50 and NOT 45

738 posts in this topic

Posted

Inb4 PvE troll grinding away at high level spots and no one can do anything about it, no thank you. 

12 people like this

Posted

Although i understand your argument i have to tell you.  No one cares that you hit 45, there is not a target on your head.  pvp players don't usually gank for no reason snd if they do there are solutions.  Nothing magical happens at 45 i do not understand all this fear.  If someone does pk u who cares u just lose some exp, which should be good since you do not want to lv.  Trust me, lv 45 or lv 50 some bored dude will try to pk u evrntually.  it won't change anything.  Dont be afraid of lv 45.

13 people like this

Posted

Inb4 PvE troll grinding away at high level spots and no one can do anything about it, no thank you. 

Honestly, I don't think many people would do that, unless they have an absurd amount of time and want to be an a**hole, there again same would go for a PvPer who PKs a poor afk fisher. That's not fair either, but it still happens. 

Although i understand your argument i have to tell you.  No one cares that you hit 45, there is not a target on your head.  pvp players don't usually gank for no reason snd if they do there are solutions.  Nothing magical happens at 45 i do not understand all this fear.  If someone does pk u who cares u just lose some exp, which should be good since you do not want to lv.  Trust me, lv 45 or lv 50 some bored dude will try to pk u eventually.  it won't change anything.  Dont be afraid of lv 45.

Losing the exp wouldn't matter once you're 45 anyways, and if some guy is gonna go around and PK people while they're riding a horse to level, fishing, ect. (as I mentioned above) I don't find that fair at all. Why should I get punished for fishing while I'm at work/shopping, ect? I've seen it happen personally at a fishing spot where some guy came up and pked all of the afk fishers 45+. That's being a d*ck, and I don't like that. 

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

As a loyal player of BDO this is a major concern for me, and needs to be changed accordingly. I'm very much a casual player, so are other people, and I feel like we as casual PvE players are getting punished for hitting level 45. Personally, I refuse to hit level 45 for that very reason of being able to be PKed during any life skill action I want to do. 

Here's where casuals get punished. Boss scrolls. The lowest boss scroll is level 45, PvP level, and how fair is that to a group of people who are just PvE, or under geared? It's honestly not fair at all. The most we get to do is participate in a boss scroll from a level 45 who summons, but lets get real again, they want to get the most for their scrolls and time, so that's not gonna happen (Not often at least). Yes I know all the PvPers are going to cry "you're just scared, you're a noob, it's fair" No, not at all, it isn't. Why should I have to feel scared or worried about getting PKed when I hit level 45 for fishing? Or taming a horse? Or chopping a tree? I shouldn't. There is a quest to uncap level 50 for a reason, so casual players DON'T have to put up with the PvP bs that we're trying to avoid. Not everybody likes to PvP, or not everyone is ready to PvP. Having to kill yourself over at level 44 to loose exp, is just ridiculous. No one should have to waste their time dying just to avoid a level. (Again this is why there is a level cap quest!!) I would like to see this get changed, if not immediately, then in the future. (Near future prefered.)

gotta agree with the guy above @ulti19 me I'm lvl 53 been ganked a whopping 7 times maybe? Nobody cares that you can be ganked and if your so worried find a new game they will not chchange it as it's not their call it is the call of pearl abyss and I doubt they care. Nobody puts a target on you, nobody cares enough. Deal with a gank every once and a while and get over it

2 people like this

Posted

Honestly, I don't think many people would do that, unless they have an absurd amount of time and want to be an a**hole, there again same would go for a PvPer who PKs a poor afk fisher. That's not fair either, but it still happens. 

Losing the exp wouldn't matter once you're 45 anyways, and if some guy is gonna go around and PK people while they're riding a horse to level, fishing, ect. (as I mentioned above) I don't find that fair at all. Why should I get punished for fishing while I'm at work/shopping, ect? I've seen it happen personally at a fishing spot where some guy came up and pked all of the afk fishers 45+. That's being a d*ck, and I don't like that. 

if you are going to afk fish, do it in a safe place, problem solved.

2 people like this

Posted

gotta agree with the guy above @ulti19 me I'm lvl 53 been ganked a whopping 7 times maybe? Nobody cares that you can be ganked and if your so worried find a new game they will not chchange it as it's not their call it is the call of pearl abyss and I doubt they care. Nobody puts a target on you, nobody cares enough. Deal with a gank every once and a while and get over it

I get the fact that you're not going to get ganked for flagged for PvP all the time, I wouldn't be as worried if I was geared properly, but as of right now I'm not. I want to be on the same playing field if someone wants to fight me. I also feel I shouldn't have to be worried or die a thousand times until I'm ready either. 

if you are going to afk fish, do it in a safe place, problem solved.

Yes you can do that, but it's not as profitable either. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I get the fact that you're not going to get ganked for flagged for PvP all the time, I wouldn't be as worried if I was geared properly, but as of right now I'm not. I want to be on the same playing field if someone wants to fight me. I also feel I shouldn't have to be worried or die a thousand times until I'm ready either. 

Yes you can do that, but it's not as profitable either. 

no risk no reward.

5 people like this

Posted

no risk no reward.

There is no risk under 45, and plenty or reward. Why should it change at 45?

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

As a loyal player of BDO this is a major concern for me, and needs to be changed accordingly. I'm very much a casual player, so are other people, and I feel like we as casual PvE players are getting punished for hitting level 45. Personally, I refuse to hit level 45 for that very reason of being able to be PKed during any life skill action I want to do. 

Here's where casuals get punished. Boss scrolls. The lowest boss scroll is level 45, PvP level, and how fair is that to a group of people who are just PvE, or under geared? It's honestly not fair at all. The most we get to do is participate in a boss scroll from a level 45 who summons, but lets get real again, they want to get the most for their scrolls and time, so that's not gonna happen (Not often at least). Yes I know all the PvPers are going to cry "you're just scared, you're a noob, it's fair" No, not at all, it isn't. Why should I have to feel scared or worried about getting PKed when I hit level 45 for fishing? Or taming a horse? Or chopping a tree? I shouldn't. There is a quest to uncap level 50 for a reason, so casual players DON'T have to put up with the PvP bs that we're trying to avoid. Not everybody likes to PvP, or not everyone is ready to PvP. Having to kill yourself over at level 44 to loose exp, is just ridiculous. No one should have to waste their time dying just to avoid a level. (Again this is why there is a level cap quest!!) I would like to see this get changed, if not immediately, then in the future. (Near future prefered.)

I agree with you totally. But alas the PVPers (PKers/AngryBears) will not agree. I am a casual myself, and a RPer. At 45 I will likely be picked on outside of safe zones which upsets me greatly. I do not hurt anyone, I will try not to steal your mobs, I do not yell unless I'm angry, and if I'm roleplaying you have no reason just to kill me for it. I am a casual, I don't care about PVP, and I feel like I'm being forced into PVP at lvl 45. If you can't change it to 50, at least change it to where both people have to flag up to kill each other. Let's just hope I don't accidentally hit someone and have to reroll. Another thing is that, if a person attacks you first, you have the right to attack back with no karma costs. I can feel the stare of the vicious teddy bears now! 

Seeya~

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no risk under 45, and plenty or reward. Why should it change at 45?

why should it change at 50?

Posted

I agree with you totally. But alas the PVPers (PKers/AngryBears) will not agree. I am a casual myself, and a RPer. At 45 I will likely be picked on outside of safe zones which upsets me greatly. I do not hurt anyone, I will try not to steal your mobs, I do not yell unless I'm angry, and if I'm roleplaying you have no reason just to kill me for it. I am a casual, I don't care about PVP, and I feel like I'm being forced into PVP at lvl 45. If you can't change it to 50, at least change it to where both people have to flag up to kill each other. Let's just hope I don't accidentally hit someone and have to reroll. Another thing is that, if a person attacks you first, you have the right to attack back with no karma costs. I can feel the stare of the vicious teddy bears now! 

Seeya~

Even the idea of both having to flag before you can fight is better the straight up being able to get hit randomly, I could live with that system. It's true it's no karma for you either, but you wouldn't have a fighting chance undergeared.

why should it change at 50?

Because then I can make a choice to weather or not I want to be at PvP level. Everyone would have a fair choice. 

Posted (edited)

And then comes the new zones with harder mobs and new quest line and the PvE people want the pvp cap raised higher so they can participate in the New content. And then a new expansion hits and they want to PvE but can't because they are scared of pvp so they want the cap raised yet again. In an endless cycle of I want. Over and over and over and over. 

For PvE people you don't seem to understand the concept that new harder zones indeed does makes the monsters harder so you need to level up right? 

Pve players forever stuck grinding trents and ogres because the big bad pvp people will kill you. 

Gg walling yourself off from content. 

Btw the drops from mediah.... Mmmm so tasty. Love my boss scroll drops too. All dat PvE content right at your fingers. But you know. Pvp 

Edited by Samy
6 people like this

Posted

Even the idea of both having to flag before you can fight is better the straight up being able to get hit randomly, I could live with that system. It's true it's no karma for you either, but you wouldn't have a fighting chance undergeared.

Because then I can make a choice to weather or not I want to be at PvP level. Everyone would have a fair choice. 

You have that choice at 45 as well.

Do not hit it, and you wont have to pvp you can force your self to never get 45.

It is not the games fault if you chose to hit 45.

i have been hit twice while riding my horse in my 39 days of play time on my character, once was a zerker who failed to kill me with my horse auto pathing.. and the second time was when i rode right through a pvp fight again auto pathing and barely got scratched.

The risk of pvp once you hit 45 is so low it really does not matter in the slightest, they could open it up at lvl 1.

Posted

It's always hilarious coming across these posts. 

Three level 50+s and have been PK'd twice, and guess what? Both those times I won the fight. 

If anything this game is too passive for an open PvP game, be lucky you're not in Korea where people will kill you for absolutely no reason, over here you have to seriously get on someone's nerves.

1 person likes this

Posted

Three level 50+s and have been PK'd twice, and guess what? Both those times I won the fight. 

If anything this game is too passive for an open PvP game, be lucky you're not in Korea where people will kill you for absolutely no reason, over here you have to seriously get on someone's nerves.

i think total i have been in 5 pvp fights, one was when i went and helped a random party member near the witch scroll spawn, and the rest were in contested farming spots.

Tho 2 of those times i ran over to them intentionally to let them kill me and nuke their karma, and once they killed me 4 times they ran away in fear of losing more karma leaving the farm spot for me lol.

Posted

How to avoid ganks 101:

If you see someone coming at you, press V

2 people like this

Posted

And then comes the new zones with harder mobs and new quest line and the PvE people want the pvp cap raised higher so they can participate in the New content. And then a new expansion hits and they want to PvE but can't because they are scared of pvp so they want the cap raised yet again. In an endless cycle of I want. Over and over and over and over. 

For PvE people you don't seem to understand the concept that new harder zones indeed does makes the monsters harder so you need to level up right? 

Pve players forever stuck grinding trents and ogres because the big bad pvp people will kill you. 

Gg walling yourself off from content. 

Btw the drops from mediah.... Mmmm so tasty. Love my boss scroll drops too. All dat PvE content right at your fingers. But you know. Pvp 

I never once said I wanted the cap raised past level 50, because I think that once you get there PvP is what it is. (despite how much I hate that statement) I also never once said I wanted to go fight mobs in Mediah, I have no intention of grinding mobs there, not at all, not any time soon. I'm not scared of PvP I'm scared of getting PKed before I'm ready to fight. As I said before, I want to be on the same playing field, and when I make the choice to cross the PvP threshold, then it's my choice, not a dumb level. 

You have that choice at 45 as well.

Do not hit it, and you wont have to pvp you can force your self to never get 45.

It is not the games fault if you chose to hit 45.

i have been hit twice while riding my horse in my 39 days of play time on my character, once was a zerker who failed to kill me with my horse auto pathing.. and the second time was when i rode right through a pvp fight again auto pathing and barely got scratched.

The risk of pvp once you hit 45 is so low it really does not matter in the slightest, they could open it up at lvl 1.

Did you not read my post? It's ridiculous having to kill yourself over and over to loose exp. It's stupid. As I said before, I know the possiblity of being ganked isn't very high, but I still don't want to deal with it at all until I'm ready. 

Once again, not everyone can be properly geared or prepared to PvP at 45. If people want to be a**holes, and there will be those people, people will go around and pk randomly. 

How to avoid ganks 101:

If you see someone coming at you, press V

It only gets you so far. 

3 people like this

Posted

Once again, not everyone can be properly geared or prepared to PvP at 45. If people want to be a**holes, and there will be those people, people will go around and pk randomly. 

no one is really properly geared at 50 either.

If someone is properly geared at 50, they could of gotten properly geared at 45 as well because the only way to get properly geared by hitting either 45 or 50 is to buy everything off the market, so you would of had to of afk fished your way to 150million silver to buy for either hitting 45 or hitting 50 and the difference in those levels from a time stand point is only a few hours.

basically no one is ready for pvp at 50 and in both cases hitting 45 or 50 you are going to have no real way to defend your self outside of guild protection.

Posted

I never once said I wanted the cap raised past level 50, because I think that once you get there PvP is what it is. (despite how much I hate that statement) I also never once said I wanted to go fight mobs in Mediah, I have no intention of grinding mobs there, not at all, not any time soon. I'm not scared of PvP I'm scared of getting PKed before I'm ready to fight. As I said before, I want to be on the same playing field, and when I make the choice to cross the PvP threshold, then it's my choice, not a dumb level. 

Did you not read my post? It's ridiculous having to kill yourself over and over to loose exp. It's stupid. As I said before, I know the possiblity of being ganked isn't very high, but I still don't want to deal with it at all until I'm ready. 

It only gets you so far. 

I just don't understand why so many people think they're worth 70k karma. No one is going to kill you for absolutely no reason because they are allotted 4 kills before they go negative, and you have to grind quite a bit to get it back up.

The sense of importance and self entitlement in these threads is astounding.

3 people like this

Posted

no one is really properly geared at 50 either.

If someone is properly geared at 50, they could of gotten properly geared at 45 as well because the only way to get properly geared by hitting either 45 or 50 is to buy everything off the market, so you would of had to of afk fished your way to 150million silver to buy for either hitting 45 or hitting 50 and the difference in those levels from a time stand point is only a few hours.

basically no one is ready for pvp at 50 and in both cases hitting 45 or 50 you are going to have no real way to defend your self outside of guild protection.

Should just be a PVE channel or server then. PVPers get their way and PVE players can enjoy the game their way. Perhaps a new server 100% made for RP/PVE players.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I wish they just put in a flagging system so we don't keep accidentally attacking people, boats, wagons and horses...

Edited by Pinkeh
2 people like this

Posted

I wish they just put in a flagging system so we don't keep accidentally attacking people, wagons and horses...

Yep, a two way flag system. Both flag to PvP. 

3 people like this

Posted

get ghillie suit and your problem is solved. My play time is 29 days and I've never been attacked. most of the times I don't even use my ghille suit (like fishing). you're acting like everyone out there is going to kill you.

Posted

Should just be a PVE channel or server then. PVPers get their way and PVE players can enjoy the game their way. Perhaps a new server 100% made for RP/PVE players.

100% down for that too. I should be able to enjoy the game the way I want to play. 

get ghillie suit and your problem is solved. My play time is 29 days and I've never been attacked. most of the times I don't even use my ghille suit (like fishing). you're acting like everyone out there is going to kill you.

So spending money is your answer? No offense to the game makers, but you kinda sound like Duam. I've already spent money on the game, and an outfit. I'm not going to buy another outfit just to hide my name. I've had people try to pk me while horse taming, of course they couldn't because I'm not 45.