• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why PvP should be unlocked at 50 and NOT 45

738 posts in this topic

Posted

100% down for that too. I should be able to enjoy the game the way I want to play. 

So if you can get to play the way you want to play, why can't someone play the way they want to play by killing you? 

Why are you more entitled than them?

Posted (edited)

Inb4 PvE troll grinding away at high level spots and no one can do anything about it, no thank you. 

ALL other version have the lvl50 pvp unlock, and i didnt hear about whining about that.

What are you afraid of ? "hardcore" grinder guild will now need to share and will not be able to "own" the grind spot because somes ppl might go for loot to build their gear ?

damn, that would really be the end of the world isnt it ?

So if you can get to play the way you want to play, why can't someone play the way they want to play by killing you? 

One person's freedom ends where another's begins

"pve" players liberty should, like in ALL other version, choose to unlock pvp at lvl50 ( so with the quest ) and not only endure pker liberty that want to be able to kill fresh lvl 45.

Just saying.

Edited by woots
3 people like this

Posted

So spending money is your answer? No offense to the game makers, but you kinda sound like Duam. I've already spent money on the game, and an outfit. I'm not going to buy another outfit just to hide my name. I've had people try to pk me while horse taming, of course they couldn't because I'm not 45. 

I guess you haven't heard (with thousands of topics about this) but umm you're gonna need to have a ghille suit in this game to play especially if you're afraid of getting PK'd. welcome to BDO.

Posted

You have that choice at 45 as well.

Do not hit it, and you wont have to pvp you can force your self to never get 45.

It is not the games fault if you chose to hit 45.

i have been hit twice while riding my horse in my 39 days of play time on my character, once was a zerker who failed to kill me with my horse auto pathing.. and the second time was when i rode right through a pvp fight again auto pathing and barely got scratched.

The risk of pvp once you hit 45 is so low it really does not matter in the slightest, they could open it up at lvl 1.

I'm pretty neutral on the matter, but I do have to say it's much different when your options are either having to stop playing the game to keep from reaching level 45, or repeated kill yourself vs. not doing a quest. I personally don't see why making the pvp unlock level 50 would be such a huge deal. Or even doing it the other way where the quest to unlock pvp was at level 45.

And although your experience may have had barely any pvp, there are still people who have had a lot of pvp happen to them. We know people will always troll. You can't deny that. But I know there are ways to deal with it like changing channels or doing something else away from that area for a little while.

1 person likes this

Posted

"I won't level past 45, because PvP"
And you expect people to think you'll level to 50?  No you won't.  You'll keep yourself at 49, just like you're keeping yourself at 44. 

Most lifestyle skills don't require you to leave safe zones. 

To put it bluntly, you're lying. 

Posted

why should it change at 50?

because only out version have this setting ( unlock at lvl 45 ) and that the cause of somes pker that couldnt wait to pvp in the CBT.

Which also dont make much sense to have listened a very very little player pool during CBT for that point.

And since many "pvp players" are pretty obsess by the "original game design", well guess what, unlock pvp at lvl50 via the quest, IS the original game design.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm pretty neutral on the matter, but I do have to say it's much different when your options are either having to stop playing the game to keep from reaching level 45, or repeated kill yourself vs. not doing a quest. I personally don't see why making the pvp unlock level 50 would be such a huge deal. Or even doing it the other way where the quest to unlock pvp was at level 45.

And although your experience may have had barely any pvp, there are still people who have had a lot of pvp happen to them. We know people will always troll. You can't deny that. But I know there are ways to deal with it like changing channels or doing something else away from that area for a little while.

Because if they won't level to 45 then they have no intention of leveling to 50 either.  They want to be able to do things like PvE content risk free at level 49.

They just don't want the nonconsensual pvp in the pvp sandbox game they purchased. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You can still kill someone on the PVP server.. I am sure there will be PVE players who will take the risk of getting PVPd.

Edited by Jaosn

Posted

oh, not this thread again. How many times have you been killed 45-50? I wasn't even once.

Posted

You can still kill someone on the PVP server.. I am sure there will be PVE players who will take the risk of getting PVEd.

And you can do the pve content in the pvp game you purchased...
Or you can go play any one of the dozens upon dozens of pve games that developers have been cramming down our throats for over 10 years.

Posted

I'm about 10% xp away from level 51 and have yet to be ganked. Everyone e I've come across just ignores me or if we're grinding the same mobs often times will give a party invite since more people =more kills =more xp. I've also done scroll bosses somewhere around 100 times and have not once been ganked doing them either.afk fishing yeah you'll get ganked if you pick a bad spot but go exploring some time and look for a out of the way hiding spot and you'll probably be fine

Posted

I never said I was more entitled, I want the system so I can choose when I level to 50. 

I guess you haven't heard (with thousands of topics about this) but umm you're gonna need to have a ghille suit in this game to play especially if you're afraid of getting PK'd. welcome to BDO.

I shouldn't "need" anything that's a cash shop item. 

"I won't level past 45, because PvP"
And you expect people to think you'll level to 50?  No you won't.  You'll keep yourself at 49, just like you're keeping yourself at 44. 

Most lifestyle skills don't require you to leave safe zones. 

To put it bluntly, you're lying. 

1. You don't know me.

2. Horse taming (my favorite thing) does require me to leave a safe zone, as with most gathering, and good fishing.

3. Yes I did say I wouldn't level past 45  BECAUSE I'M NOT READY.  If you've read any of my other posts/responses you'd know that.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Because if they won't level to 45 then they have no intention of leveling to 50 either.  They want to be able to do things like PvE content risk free at level 49.
They just don't want the nonconsensual pvp in the pvp sandbox game they purchased. 

Or maybe" they" want the original game design. ( since again, only our version have the automatic pvp lvl 45, while all other version grant to the player the CHOICE )

4 people like this

Posted

If the PvP level was at 50 as intended, the players who choose to remain 49 or below would be very few. These would be the crafters or casuals whose primary interest is in life skills. Not only would these players be too low to be in your higher grinding spots, but they also wouldn't be interested in them. The impact on your chosen playstyle would be minimal to nonexistent, whereas the impact on their playstyle would be huge.

By choosing to remain at Lv49 they are essentially opting out of endgame content (both PvE and PvP). They would be sacrificing a lot, not getting everything on a silver platter.

4 people like this

Posted

They're still doing content risk free before level 45 too. They just have to keep a check on it.

Posted

Or maybe" they" want the original game design. ( since again, only our version have the automatic pvp lvl 45, while all other version grant to the player the CHOICE )

You sir(or ma'am) are 100% on the mark. 

Posted

It's kind of fun seeing people who aren't even lvl 45, just expect people to magically start appearing like an army to kill them as soon as they are PKable.

I've spent more time above lvl 45 than below, the few times I have actually experienced pvp have been when either 1) I try to steal someones grinding spot and they fight me.

or 2) I have to defend my grinding spot because someone tries to steal mine.

Nobody cares about you. You won't be perma-ganked just because you hit lvl 45.

I AFK-fish at non-safe hotspots every night when sleeping, which is minimum 6h, not ONCE have I been attacked nor anyone I know of.

TL;DR

Nobody cares about you. You will not get ganked.

And what if you do? What's the big -----ing deal?

Posted

I never said I was more entitled, I want the system so I can choose when I level to 50. 

I shouldn't "need" anything that's a cash shop item. 

1. You don't know me.

2. Horse taming (my favorite thing) does require me to leave a safe zone, as with most gathering, and good fishing.

3. Yes I did say I wouldn't level past 45  BECAUSE I'M NOT READY.  If you've read any of my other posts/responses you'd know that.  

Once again, If you're unwilling to level to 45, you know very well you'll do the same at 49. 
I've been PKed once in over 2 weeks, and it was my fault because I moved into someone's farming spot.  At 45 you farm the same stuff that people at 50 farm for tokens and scrolls to get stones and jewelry. 

Not being able to pvp you at 49 means I have no way of stopping you from stopping me from farming for the things that will improve my gear for PvP. 

1 person likes this

Posted

We admit that the current Karma system isn't perfect.
The Karma system affects the calculation of all attacks, causing huge impact on server performance.
So unfortunately, it's hard to take direct action on this matter in short amount of time, however we will keep researching alternatives that can improve the situation.

Will you provide a server or a channel in which PvP is "flag-only" or PvE Only for those who don't like this "nonconsensual" PvP?

See above (Karma Question)

The addition of a PVE server/channel isn't outside of possibility. The developers hinted it could be one of the alternatives they're researching. So people shouldn't consider the idea crazy. We voice our opinions so it can happen. Keeping silent isn't going to do us any good.

Posted

It's kind of fun seeing people who aren't even lvl 45, just expect people to magically start appearing like an army to kill them as soon as they are PKable.

I've spent more time above lvl 45 than below, the few times I have actually experienced pvp have been when either 1) I try to steal someones grinding spot and they fight me.

I AFK-fish at non-safe hotspots every night when sleeping, which is minimum 6h, not ONCE have I been attacked nor anyone I know of.

TL;DR

So, if there isnt any army killing fresh lvl 45,  if there isnt that much pvp so far, if many player dont have issue lvling while never beeing part of pvp.

Just curious, WHY do you CARE if they move pvp unlock at lvl 50 via the quest ? since obviously, nothing would change ? So ? what's the problem ? xD

2 people like this

Posted

TL;DR

The deal is, I don't want to deal with it until I'm ready and on the same playing field, then if I get pked, I get pked, the person was better then me. GG. But until then, I shouldn't have to deal with the risk. 

Once again, If you're unwilling to level to 45, you know very well you'll do the same at 49. I've been PKed once in over 2 weeks, and it was my fault because I moved into someone's farming spot.  At 45 you farm the same stuff that people at 50 farm for tokens and scrolls to get stones and jewelry. 

Not being able to pvp you at 49 means I have no way of stopping you from stopping me from farming for the things that will improve my gear for PvP. 

Clearly you don't read anything. 

Posted

They're still doing content risk free before level 45 too. They just have to keep a check on it.

I didn't say "content" I said content that you do at 50 for dailies, to get tokens and scrolls.  You do not need to be able to do those things risk free. 

PvE content is supposed to be contested, not risk free at end game. 

Posted

yeah, ppl on this forum are somehow. well....

Posted

The original "game design" was pvp at 35. 

Posted

Yeah, I get it.