• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why PvP should be unlocked at 50 and NOT 45

738 posts in this topic

Posted

I gave plenty of examples of why it's a problem. I'm not the only one that has the problem either. Again, thank you for your input. Good day. 

Yet you intentionally keep yourself from leveling to 45....

No, you just purchased a nonconsensual pvp game, and now you want them to change it for you because you want to do content risk free. 

Posted

You know exactly what I mean. You're on Uno aren't you?  I read your fishing boat story, I remember someone in channel demanding that others ask them permission before they step on their boat...

Guy acted like a douche in chat and got upset that they got PKed. 

Nobody acted like a douche except the guy that PK'd the other player. The other player asked nicely and the ----- felt the need to just randomly pk people because he didn't get his way. Exactly why should he get a boat for free? He should go out and work for a boat to fish on. You cry about us wanting stuff given to us, but you act as if the guy wanting a free trip on someone elses boat is okay. Nope go earn that boat or quit whining. Exactly why i stay under 45. So babies cannot get their way all the time by simply pressing a skill.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why should it always be risk/reward? Why can't it be work put into the game = rewarded for putting the effort into it. You act as if life skills are 100% EZ game EZ life.

Because risk and reward is pretty much what everything a game base itself on and how it engages the players? If everyone can just take no risk and get maximum reward, who is silly enough to take risks? It's to mitigate the human condition of taking the path of least resistance and providing appropriate reward for effort put forth. PvPers have to deal with PvPers whereas PvEers don't have to deal with PvPers, how is it fair that extra risk is punishing instead of rewarding? 

Take that strawman elsewhere, nowhere did I claim life skill is easy. But rather life skill isn't somehow exclusive to PvEers, PvPers partake in life skills, as well, thus it's simple risk and reward calculation. 

considering most ppl grinding in party, or in thoses """hardcore guilds"""" i doubt they care a lot about karma loss xD

Also, once AGAIN, that's how the game should be ( pvp lvl50 +quest ), if a very minority whiner during CBT2 didnt requested that change

Then you're obviously playing at strawman since not every PvPer is grinding in party or in "hardcore guilds." Claiming that PvPers don't care about karma loss has little to no ground to stand on.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nobody acted like a douche except the guy that PK'd the other player. The other player asked nicely and the ----- felt the need to just randomly pk people because he didn't get his way. Exactly why should he get a boat for free? He should go out and work for a boat to fish on. You cry about us wanting stuff given to us, but you act as if the guy wanting a free trip on someone elses boat is okay. Nope go earn that boat or quit whining. Exactly why i stay under 45. So babies cannot get their way all the time by simply pressing a skill.

Yes, because going off in channel about how they should be asked permission before anyone steps on their boat wasn't being douchy at all. 

Posted

Because risk and reward is pretty much what everything a game base itself on and how it engages the players? If everyone can just take no risk and get maximum reward, who is silly enough to take risks? It's to mitigate the human condition of taking the path of least resistance and providing appropriate reward for effort put forth. PvPers have to deal with PvPers whereas PvEers don't have to deal with PvPers, how is it fair that extra risk is punishing instead of rewarding? 

Take that strawman elsewhere, nowhere did I claim life skill is easy. But rather life skill isn't somehow exclusive to PvEers, PvPers partake in life skills, as well, thus it's simple risk and reward calculation. 

We also don't get the reward involved in PVP. That's what we miss out on. They miss out on risk free life skills and we miss out on being able to secure a grinding spot by killing someone. If I am grinding or doing this or that somewhere I can't kill someone to secure my place or avoid my stuff being farmed. They are free to do it all they want if they can kill faster than me. So I get less reward in some aspects and more reward in another. It balances itself out, but you're not wanting to look at it from that perspective.

Posted

Then you're obviously playing at strawman since not every PvPer is grinding in party or in "hardcore guilds." Claiming that PvPers don't care about karma loss has little to no ground to stand on.

Like that at least somes crazy grinder have to be civilized, and not turn that game into a free for all.

Posted

We also don't get the reward involved in PVP. That's what we miss out on. They miss out on risk free life skills and we miss out on being able to secure a grinding spot by killing someone. If I am grinding or doing this or that somewhere I can't kill someone to secure my place or avoid my stuff being farmed. They are free to do it all they want if they can kill faster than me. So I get less reward in some aspects and more reward in another. It balances itself out, but you're not wanting to look at it from that perspective.

Thankfully we're playing a game that allows me to remove you, because the pve content is intended to be contested.

Suck it up buttercup, and stop buying pvp games if you can't handle the pvp. 

Posted

Yes, because going off in channel about how they should be asked permission before anyone steps on their boat wasn't being douchy at all. 

It wasn't in channel chat though. It was 100% entirely in general chat for starters. Secondly it is the persons boat. They earned the boat through hard work. So someone deserves a free boat because they can pk, but the person who earned the boat doesn't deserve to choose who they want on their boat? Wow. You're a hypocrite in so many ways. "Go earn it like everyone else has to" "But I will give exception to people who are douchebags for PKing,"

You're so far up pkers asses that you think the pker isn't a douche, but the person asking someone to ask before hopping on their boat randomly is a douche? You have no respect.

Posted

It's not really a case of risk vs reward when someone can roll a Lv1 alt and fish to their heart's content completely safe. Life skills aren't about risk vs reward, but rather time invested.

If you AFK fish 24/7 you will eventually master the skill and be able to make millions of silver effortlessly, and if you're under the PvP cap you are untouchable. Whereas a Lv45 with Beginner 1 fishing who goes out fishing faces the risk of being killed/griefed yet the reward they get is miniscule.

So you can't really play the risk vs reward card when it comes to life skills. That isn't how they work in BDO.

Posted

Wait..you haven't hit 45 yet you come here and complain how terrible it is to be PK'd?

It isn't all that bad. I have NEVER been killed during a life activity, not even when AFK. Just dont do stupid shit and you can avoid getting PKd when you reach 45

Posted

It's not a dead horse when said by different people. It is essentially putting more numbers behind something. Until Pearl Abyss comes out and states "We are never making this change quit asking" it won't be beating a dead horse.

its my opinion on the topic and I'm privileged to it. We can agree to disagree.

Posted

It wasn't in channel chat though. It was 100% entirely in general chat for starters. Secondly it is the persons boat. They earned the boat through hard work. So someone deserves a free boat because they can pk, but the person who earned the boat doesn't deserve to choose who they want on their boat? Wow. You're a hypocrite in so many ways. "Go earn it like everyone else has to" "But I will give exception to people who are douchebags for PKing,"
You're so far up pkers asses that you think the pker isn't a douche, but the person asking someone to ask before hopping on their boat randomly is a douche? You have no respect.

No I don't think the Pker is douche, not even the one that killed me.  I just went back and tried to kill him as repayment, because...it's a pvp game. 

If you don't like pvp, wtf did you buy a game you knew had pvp in it? 

Posted

No I don't think the Pker is douche, not even the one that killed me.  I just went back and tried to kill him as repayment, because...it's a pvp game. 

If you don't like pvp, wtf did you buy a game you knew had pvp in it? 

Name another game online that does the life skills this game has with the same beautiful visuals. You can;t.

Posted

What you're proposing is forcefully removing confrontational interaction for players that have taken the risk for precisely that, despite that you voluntarily declined the possible reward of PvP. PvPers accept both PvE activity and PvP activity, what part of extra risk demands extra reward is difficult to understand?

Park a few PvEers in the grind zone and the PvPers are going to wonder why the hell did they go for PvP to begin with when people grind safely away when they have to watch out for potential danger.

Posted (edited)

It's to mitigate the human condition of taking the path of least resistance and providing appropriate reward for effort put forth. PvPers have to deal with PvPers whereas PvEers don't have to deal with PvPers, how is it fair that extra risk is punishing instead of rewarding? 

1- its a game, to have FUN.

2- pvper & pve should be able to choose their path, if you feel more rewarding to "take pvp risk" then have fun.

( not saying that the "only risk" you are taking right now, its the "MY GRIND SPOT LEAVE OR I KILL U" is it an interesting risk ? personaly i just consider that as boring as F# )

It that was siege - node wars, sure, at least it have a more real meanning.

( not even saying that from the start, the pvp is kinda broken because gear to win )

Edited by woots

Posted

Name another game online that does the life skills this game has with the same beautiful visuals. You can;t.

The interesting thing to me is, the proposed changes to the flagging and karma system wouldn't make it harder to pvp, but easier. 

You guys aren't on the right side of the games design, you're on the wrong side.  They want us pvping in the pvp game they made.  Get used to it, or go play another game. 

Fallout 4 is pretty good.  No one will PK you there.

Posted

Exactly why should you be able to grind for free?

You should go out and work for a grindspot to farm at.

You act as if the guy wanting a free trip to BiS gear on someone elses expense without risk is okay.

See what I did there?

Posted

1- its a game

2- pvper & pve should be able to choose their path, if you feel more rewarding to "take pvp risk" then have fun.

( not saying that the "only risk" you are taking right now, its the "MY GRIND SPOT LEAVE OR I KILL U" is it an interesting risk ? personaly i just consider that as boring as F#

It that was siege - node wars, sure, at least it have a more real meaning.

( not even saying that from the start, the pvp is kinda broken because gear to win )

1. It's a game that utilizes and capitalizes on human condition, like everything else in life. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that, it doesn't require a college degree in philosophy.

2. Get out of PvP servers please, go petition for a PvE server and make sure the two are separate. Until such a server is established, play the game as it is. 

Posted (edited)

1. It's a game that utilizes and capitalizes on human condition, like everything else in life. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that, it doesn't require a college degree in philosophy.

2. Get out of PvP servers please, go petition for a PvE server and make sure the two are separate. Until such a server is established, play the game as it is. 

1- its a game, that was supposed to have a pvp lvl 50cap via quest. I really dont give a damn about your transposition of the real life in that game.

2- No, its better to have a decent pvp off

Oh, and, i never said i dont like pvp. I just like meaningful pvp. And yeah for now i'am not interested into that monkey gear2win pvp.

Sorry, i like challenge and competition.

Edited by woots

Posted

Best way to deal with a PKer over 45 on your boat... Go way out to the middle of the ocean then use the escape skill back to a safe harbor and remote collect your boat.

1 person likes this

Posted

No!
Segregating the servers doesn't benefit the game.  People will take the path of least resistance when given the opportunity.  People will flood to PvE only servers because they'll see it as the easiest way to get the best gear.  They'll churn through the content with no risk, then complain there isn't enough to do, and Pearl will get stuck having to produce content at a rate they can't keep up with. 

Developers have been making the games these people are demanding Pearl give them, and they all keep turning out the same way, crashing after several months because the playerbase consumed the content and moved on to the next pve content. 

This game is flooded with people.  I've not seen an a new MMO be received this wall in a long time, and it's not a coincidence that it happens to be a sandbox with nonconsensual pvp.  This is the first quality game of this style that any developer has had the hear to release, and it's doing very well.  They don't need to change the game, these people are not going to leave, they like the game, they'll stick around. 

Posted

1- its a game, that was supposed to have a pvp lvl 50cap via quest. I really dont give a damn about your transposition of the real life in that game.

2- No, its better to have a decent pvp off

Oh, and, i never said i dont like pvp. I just like meanningfull pvp. And yeah for now i'am not interested into that monkey gear2win pvp.

Sorry, i like challenge and competition.

1. Well, I suppose you really do need a college degree in philosophy to understand what I wrote, I can't reduce it further so I'll leave it as it is. If you don't even understand human condition and how society/conventional construct interact with it, don't bother commenting on the subject and parade ignorance around as if it's something to be proud of.

2. Well, considering you idea of "decent PvP Off" is a cheap method to compete against PvPers that take actual risks at grind spots, I'm going to go ahead and label it narcissism and dismiss it.

What you're asking for is a PvP balanced arena, go play GW2/BnS, or wait for a version of that to emerge in BDO instead of trying to ruin the game, thank you.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1. Well, I suppose you really do need a college degree in philosophy to understand what I wrote, I can't reduce it further so I'll leave it as it is. If you don't even understand human condition and how society/conventional construct interact with it, don't bother commenting on the subject and parade ignorance around as if it's something to be proud of.

2. Well, considering you idea of "decent PvP Off" is a cheap method to compete against PvPers that take actual risks at grind spots, I'm going to go ahead and label it narcissism and dismiss it.

What you're asking for is a PvP balanced arena, go play GW2/BnS, or wait for a version of that to emerge in BDO instead of trying to ruin the game, thank you.

ahah, i never said i dont understand, was just fun to troll and upset you. You just look to enjoy show off you "superiority"

Also, "competition" ? like ? where is the competition in this game ? sleep on the grind spot to get gear up ? show off your grind time by easyly killing other ?

So actualy, the total opposite of what "git gud" in any activity is, since, i dont know you, but i'am getting good at sometime with practice.

While here, everyone are "obsess" with the word "competition" when actualy, they spend most of their time pveing like pro pver, and still think they are the "3lite" speaking about pvper path and other BS.

Very amusing.

Oh and ruin the game ? how come somes gear balance would ruin the pvp in that game since it will just only underline class gameplay, so class difference, so player skill ?

True, that indeed look so bad :( and would totaly destroy that game  /sarcasm.

Or well, a more "normal" gear cap to have even more ppl entering the pvp world, since so far, you guys only speak about pvp this, pvp that, but, only a minority are correctly geared up to pvp.

isnt that totaly the opposite of what thos "pvp focused game" should be ? xD

And indeed a "pvp off" would be a nice alternative to that actual pvp masquerade.

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

How the hell can you cry that being pk'ed sucks and that you're scared when you're not even level 45. Get to the level 45, see how it is and then come crying. 

People these days cry for the sake of crying.

I'm a pve'er myself and for about 2 weeks since i hit lvl 50 (i'm lvl 52 now) i haven't been pk'ed once.

So how in the 9 hells can you cry about this then you have no knowledge about the state of owpvp these days. More so since Mediah hit and people just go to the battle zone to get their pvp drug wihout being punished.

It's like all of you are just spoiled little brats.

Edited by Seby

Posted

Although i understand your argument i have to tell you.  No one cares that you hit 45, there is not a target on your head.  pvp players don't usually gank for no reason snd if they do there are solutions.  Nothing magical happens at 45 i do not understand all this fear.  If someone does pk u who cares u just lose some exp, which should be good since you do not want to lv.  Trust me, lv 45 or lv 50 some bored dude will try to pk u evrntually.  it won't change anything.  Dont be afraid of lv 45.

Sadly enough there's a load of douche bags that do pk everyone regardless of their level. Daily PK still happening basically everywhere (by 55+ players)