• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why PvP should be unlocked at 50 and NOT 45

738 posts in this topic

Posted

It's like all of you are just spoiled little brats.

I would agree with you if not for the fact that the option of remaining below the PvP level exists in BDO in other regions, and that the progression lock quest responsible for that exists in our version as well. It is simply at the wrong level, since our PvP level is lower than other regions.

Asking for our version to have what the other regions have isn't being spoiled.

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

As a loyal player of BDO this is a major concern for me, and needs to be changed accordingly. I'm very much a casual player, so are other people, and I feel like we as casual PvE players are getting punished for hitting level 45. Personally, I refuse to hit level 45 for that very reason of being able to be PKed during any life skill action I want to do. 

Here's where casuals get punished. Boss scrolls. The lowest boss scroll is level 45, PvP level, and how fair is that to a group of people who are just PvE, or under geared? It's honestly not fair at all. The most we get to do is participate in a boss scroll from a level 45 who summons, but lets get real again, they want to get the most for their scrolls and time, so that's not gonna happen (Not often at least). Yes I know all the PvPers are going to cry "you're just scared, you're a noob, it's fair" No, not at all, it isn't. Why should I have to feel scared or worried about getting PKed when I hit level 45 for fishing? Or taming a horse? Or chopping a tree? I shouldn't. There is a quest to uncap level 50 for a reason, so casual players DON'T have to put up with the PvP bs that we're trying to avoid. Not everybody likes to PvP, or not everyone is ready to PvP. Having to kill yourself over at level 44 to loose exp, is just ridiculous. No one should have to waste their time dying just to avoid a level. (Again this is why there is a level cap quest!!) I would like to see this get changed, if not immediately, then in the future. (Near future prefered.)

STOP CRY ! CASUALS ! PVP SHOULD BE UNLOCKED LIKE ON KR, JP, RU AT 30 !! THIS GAME HAS BEEN MADE FOR PVP IF U HAVE PROBLEM WITH LVLING STOP PLAY !

Posted

ahah, i never said i dont understand, was just fun to troll and upset you. You just look to enjoy show off you "superiority"

Also, "competition" ? like ? where is the competition in this game ? sleep on the grind spot to get gear up ? show off your grind time by easyly killing other ?

So actualy, the total opposite of what "git gud" in any activity is, since, i dont know you, but i'am getting good at sometime with practice.

While here, everyone are "obsess" with the word "competition" when actualy, they spend most of their time pveing like pro pver, and still think they are the "3lite" speaking about pvper path and other BS.

Very amusing.

Oh and ruin the game ? how come somes gear balance would ruin the pvp in that game since it will just only underline class gameplay, so class difference, so player skill ?

True, that indeed look so bad :( and would totaly destroy that game  /sarcasm.

Or well, a more "normal" gear cap to have even more ppl entering the pvp world, since so far, you guys only speak about pvp this, pvp that, but, only a minority are correctly geared up to pvp.

isnt that totaly the opposite of what thos "pvp focused game" should be ? xD

Funny, if upsetting someone means the supposed victim is consistent in his use of rationality and reason, then I think the one that comes off as desperate is you instead of anyone else. If I wanted to show off my superiority, I can easily start name dropping and not explain anything about what I quote or make reference to, but evidently I didn't do so.

Since you enjoy trolling, I suggest that you practice and refine your art in doing so more diligently, since it doesn't seem to be very effective.

This game is largely about competition, why do you think there are leader boards for just about everything? Upcoming siege and node war are self-evident. PvE grinding is a mean to PvP, the activity might be largely PvE but the goal is to PvP.

As for your strawman, what I claim will ruin the game is to place the PvP cap at 50, and I already sufficiently explained why it is the case so I won't indulge in repeating myself, since I trust at least you have the capacity for reading comprehension at an elementary level.

People don't have to enter the PvP world fully geared and prepared for 1v1s, in large skirmishes, gear matter very little, getting caught in multiple AoEs spell death to most. Plus if one focuses on survival, it's mostly a tank role or not contributing to the ongoing battle. 

What you believe is "correctly geared" is an illusion, as it is clear that those with lesser gear can ally together and take on stronger enemies as long as the dichotomy between the two parties aren't extreme. 

PvP doesn't incorporate PKing only, if you believe that, then I suppose you should refresh what Player versus Player can really encompass, and I pity that you work with such a confined mindset. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would agree with you if not for the fact that the option of remaining below the PvP level exists in BDO in other regions, and that the progression lock quest responsible for that exists in our version as well. It is simply at the wrong level, since our PvP level is lower than other regions.

In the RU and KR versions you can opt out of pvp? 
Can you verify this?  Because I'll be very honest, I don't believe you. 

I don't think some of you seem to understand how that quest works.  Doing the quest doesn't enable you to pvp, it enables you to flag and kill other people without them attacking you.  You have to do it in order to PK. 

Sadly enough there's a load of douche bags that do pk everyone regardless of their level. Daily PK still happening basically everywhere (by 55+ players)

I think you're exaggerating.  The fact you claim 55+ is pretty telling, because you have absolutely no way of knowing what level that person that ganked you was, and because many of us keep saying the same thing, no one's pking us. 

In about 3 weeks, I've been PKed once, and it was my fault, I moved into someones farming area and was taking mobs from him without knowing it. 

Edited by fariic@yahoo.com

Posted (edited)

In the RU and KR versions you can opt out of pvp? Can you verify this?  Because I'll be very honest, I don't believe you. 

I don't think some of you seem to understand how that quest works.  Doing the quest doesn't enable you to pvp, it enables you to flag and kill other people without them attacking you.  You have to do it in order to PK. 

That's not how the quest works. The PvP level is 50, but you cannot progress beyond Lv49 until you complete the quest. Once you do, only then you can level up to 50 and become subject to PvP.

If you choose not to complete the quest you can remain Lv49 forever and never encounter PvP. You won't be able to level up until you complete it.

Here is a video from the KR server showing the quest you need to complete (it is in our version as well):

Edited by scau

Posted (edited)

People don't have to enter the PvP world fully geared and prepared for 1v1s, in large skirmishes, gear matter very little, getting caught in multiple AoEs spell death to most. Plus if one focuses on survival, it's mostly a tank role or not contributing to the ongoing battle. 

What you believe is "correctly geared" is an illusion, as it is clear that those with lesser gear can ally together and take on stronger enemies as long as the dichotomy between the two parties aren't extreme. 

Well, then you brought yourself the exemple to show that create a more decent gear / stat cap for pvp wont change much, so it wont ruin anything.

thanks.

As for your illusionnary "lesser gear can ally together and take on stronger enemies" yeah, Me too i have a dream.

But lets face the reality. Most geared ppl will be ally in the same guild, so thoses things will most likely never happen.

Not saying, that, ppl who played on the Kr version said perfectly that a +17 destroy without much issue 2-3+15.

yeah, dreaming on paper is nice, but i still prefer the reality xD

Funny, if upsetting someone means the supposed victim

lol, i never played the victim, you have unterstanding issue. but that's ok, since you seem to think "you know everything better than other" with you cheap insult.

Edited by woots

Posted

Someone crying about something he has no knowledge about and asking Daum to change it,  its something I find very stupid. Nowadays owpvp is dead so why come crying about it and as it to be changed? As I hear it from other people that play on the korean servers, game BDO is kind of p2w. Do you want that implemented as well?

Posted (edited)

That's not how the quest works. The PvP level is 50, but you cannot progress beyond Lv49 until you complete the quest. Once you do, only then you can level up to 50 and become subject to PvP.

If you choose not to complete the quest you can remain Lv49 forever and never encounter PvP. You won't be able to level up until you complete it.

Can you verify this, because like I said, I don't believe that you can opt out of pvp in any of the versions. 

PS:  Regardless, I'm not playing the RU or KR version, I'm playing this version.  I purchased this game based on what it was, not what you are anyone else want it to be.  I'm not here to play a nonconsensual pvp game.  I got it because it's open world, sandbox, nonconsensual pvp game. 

if I didn't want to play this game for what it is, I would have purchased any one of the dozens of games that aren't BDO. 

Edited by fariic@yahoo.com

Posted (edited)

Well, then you brought yourself the exemple to show that create a more decent gear / stat cap for pvp wont change much, so it wont ruin anything.

thanks.

lol, i never played the victim, you have unterstanding issue. but that's ok, since you seem to think "you know everything better than other" with you cheap insult.

The funny thing is that you still believe that I am calling "balancing gear" game ruining, clearly you don't read that I've written the following:

"As for your strawman, what I claim will ruin the game is to place the PvP cap at 50, and I already sufficiently explained why it is the case so I won't indulge in repeating myself, since I trust at least you have the capacity for reading comprehension at an elementary level."

Further more, I never accused you of playing the victim, the victim in the sentence you quoted refers to me in a hypothetical sense.

But thank you for confirming for me that you do indeed have much trouble comprehending simple sentences. I do feel greatly disturbed by this, you have trolled well, good sir. (Sarcasm) 

Edit:

As for your further edited delusion, you're arguing for content that haven't arrived yet in terms of enhancement level and even so, it doesn't defeat my argument in terms of how it is possible for numbers to win in terms of count of agencies.

Edited by Gluttony Fang

Posted

1.You want to afk fish/lvl horses? Do it in a safe place.
("but it isn't profitable!!!1! QQ" tough luck toots no pain no gain, why should you make the most amount of money while being afk AND protected. They already protected you, it's called safe zones. You don't deserve extra protection in any way, shape or form.)
2. It's easier for you to keep killing yourself then for them making a lvl 45 quest. It's not their fault you don't want to play as intended.
3. Lvl 50 lock is gonna be abused and people would PvE grief 10 times more than PK. This is a million times more game breaking than PK-ing.
4. Your fear is completely illogical and exaggerated, why are you even making threads against pvp/pk if you aren't even lvl50?

Posted

The funny thing is that you still believe that I am calling "balancing gear" game ruining

What you're asking for is a PvP balanced arena, go play GW2/BnS, or wait for a version of that to emerge in BDO instead of trying to ruin the game, thank you.

Its really calling the kettle black when its you, in the first place that had understanding issue.

Posted

Can you verify this, because like I said, I don't believe that you can opt out of pvp in any of the versions. 

I updated the previous post with a video from KR version showing the quest.

We would have the same thing in our version but our PvP level was lowered to 45, rather than 50.

Someone crying about something he has no knowledge about and asking Daum to change it,  its something I find very stupid. Nowadays owpvp is dead so why come crying about it and as it to be changed? As I hear it from other people that play on the korean servers, game BDO is kind of p2w. Do you want that implemented as well?

I don't see what the monetization model has to do with correcting a broken quest in our version. The reason the quest locks your XP in our version is for the same reason it does in KR. In our version that's pointless though, due to the lower PvP level.

Posted

Just love when people start playing a open world PvP game, a Game that has been advertised as such, then cry about the game having open world pvp. Is it really that hard to read and understand on point information?

PvP should be enabled at 30 like in the first beta, that was perfect. You had enough time to learn your class a bit more, bdo were never supposed to be a safe game, and they already vaced a lot towards all -----ing cowards like you OP. If you can't handle the fact taht people might kill you, the fact that there is PvP competition for PvE objects then you should quit, this game isn't for you. Go play Hello Kitty Online or something else that might fit your speed and level of challenge. The moment a Publisher decide to cave in for carebears, the game is pretty much doomed, carebears dont keep a game or a communtiy alive, the hardcores does. Of course they should work towards making it more punishing for people to grief, but fights between palyers who are close to eachother in level shouldnt be punished. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Its really calling the kettle black when its you, in the first place that had understanding issue.

Hah, does it still not reflect clearly that it refers to the second point of the argument? Or is it that you take the liberty of assumption or intentional assumption that falls not far from a strawman?

Fallacy must be fun to play with I suppose.

Posted

Hah, does it still not reflect clearly that it refers to the second point of the argument? Or is it that you take the liberty of assumption or intentional assumption that falls not far from a strawman?

Fallacy must be fun to play with I suppose.

that's what i said, you just sneak around trying to turn things at your advantage while insulting.

have fun baby bois.

Posted

Here is a video from the KR server showing the quest you need to complete (it is in our version as well):

I'm not asking about being able to hit 50.  The quest you do doesn't "enable pvp" it enables you to TURN YOUR FLAG ON. The flag is only needed if you want to PK someone.  The quest doesn't block pvp, it blocks you from PKing.

I'm not aware of any version that allows you to opt out of pvp.  From my understand, and everything I've seen following this games development, there is no option to not be pvp enabled. 

Posted

that's what i said, you just sneak around trying to turn things at your advantage while insulting.

have fun baby bois.

Well, believe further in your sophistry then, clearly arguing simple subjects is not your strong suit, good day.

Posted (edited)

Well, believe further in your sophistry then, clearly arguing simple subjects is not your strong suit, good day.

Quod erat demonstrandum. Wouldnt thought you would fall for it ( again ) so easyly.

Edited by woots

Posted

I updated the previous post with a video from KR version showing the quest.

We would have the same thing in our version but our PvP level was lowered to 45, rather than 50.

I don't see what the monetization model has to do with correcting a broken quest in our version. The reason the quest locks your XP in our version is for the same reason it does in KR. In our version that's pointless though, due to the lower PvP level.

So how about if the game lock you at lvl 45. Want to feel ar fuzzy and warm inside because you can't be pk'd? You have to pay a price.

It's a pvp game for Gods sake and its not even that bad out there, as people make it out to be. I drove my wagon on an auto path and the stood afk in a unsafe zone and never have I been killed. 

Posted

Quod erat demonstrandum

Don't bother with QED, it's a waste when you use it.

Posted

Don't bother with QED, it's a waste when you use it.

Well, you keep proove what i said about your insulting and condescending behavior. Dont blame me baby bois : ]

But since you also apparently need it, i stop here and and give you the "last answer".

Posted

Although i understand your argument i have to tell you.  No one cares that you hit 45, there is not a target on your head.  pvp players don't usually gank for no reason snd if they do there are solutions.  Nothing magical happens at 45 i do not understand all this fear.  If someone does pk u who cares u just lose some exp, which should be good since you do not want to lv.  Trust me, lv 45 or lv 50 some bored dude will try to pk u evrntually.  it won't change anything.  Dont be afraid of lv 45.

http://i.imgur.com/U4ELvy2.png

like this one with -1 million karma, they do it for fun and to piss people off

Posted

So how about if the game lock you at lvl 45. Want to feel ar fuzzy and warm inside because you can't be pk'd? You have to pay a price.

It's a pvp game for Gods sake and its not even that bad out there, as people make it out to be. I drove my wagon on an auto path and the stood afk in a unsafe zone and never have I been killed. 

You can farm the mobs needed for the 50+ dailies.  At 45 you could simply grief people trying to do their dailies for tokens and scrolls, while being immune to pvp. 
You could also do world bosses as an entire guild, all at 45, in top end gear, and no guild would be able to contest it as you're supposed to be able to. 

You're not supposed to be able to do endgame farming without immunity.  It's the entire reason the moment you hit 45 you can be killed by other players.  Everything you can do at 50 you can do at 45 as long as you have the gear. 

Imagine being able to farm all your stones and tokens at 45, with immunity.  No one would level past that point until they were +15 in higher than green grade gear. 

No, that would be horrible. 

Posted

Well, you keep proove what i said about your insulting and condescending behavior. Dont blame me baby bois : ]

But since you also apparently need it, i stop here and and give you the "last answer".

Well I suppose those that lack the ability to comprehend resort to generic response of accusation of arrogance, it's so typical that it helps me sleep. Oh well, I suppose I can use a nap soon.

Posted

I'm not asking about being able to hit 50.  The quest you do doesn't "enable pvp" it enables you to TURN YOUR FLAG ON. The flag is only needed if you want to PK someone.  The quest doesn't block pvp, it blocks you from PKing.

I'm not aware of any version that allows you to opt out of pvp.  From my understand, and everything I've seen following this games development, there is no option to not be pvp enabled. 

The quest you do does enable PvP. You must complete it in order to level up to Lv50, which is the first level you can attack other players (via flagging) and the first level other players can attack you (whether you are flagged or not). That is the entire point of that quest, to halt progression before PvP.

If you do not do the quest you cannot be attacked by other players, and they cannot attack you. Unless you are in a guild war, of course.

That has been proposed in the past as well. Lowering the lock quest to Lv44, and then raising it to Lv49 once Valencia is out.