• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can i play BDO from India ?

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys , I'm one click away from pre -ordering and i was wondering if any of the officials could answer my query about ip blocking ? Is India still IP blocked? Previously i wasn't able to access the website without proxy but now it lets me , so i was wondering if the block has been removed. Thanks, jag

Posted

Same here , the territory list says BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORIES are included.. but not India . :( played the KR version of BDO and was looking forward to playing EU/NA

Posted

Yep, it isn't. And that's just the thing they needed to know... when it's not in the list, it's most likely not going to be in the service area for Daum EU. Which means, they won't be able to play here sadly 

Posted

awww man :( after i did all the testing and learning all the mechanics and shit from KR version... EU/NA gets ip banned in my country :( .. also i wanted to know if ANYONE can confirm .. i can pre-order the game using a proxy... but can i play the game without a proxy or is there any IP check when u play the game once u buy it?

Posted

awww man :( after i did all the testing and learning all the mechanics and shit from KR version... EU/NA gets ip banned in my country :( .. also i wanted to know if ANYONE can confirm .. i can pre-order the game using a proxy... but can i play the game without a proxy or is there any IP check when u play the game once u buy it?

Again, Google search is your friend. People have been playing the RU/KR versions via proxies for a long-time now. See no reason for that to change for NA/EU. There's not a LOT the devs can do about it from an IP-level perspective.

Posted

Do anyone tried playing japanese version from india using vpn and does it work?

Yep, it isn't. And that's just the thing they needed to know... when it's not in the list, it's most likely not going to be in the service area for Daum EU. Which means, they won't be able to play here sadly 

how can u confirm we wont be able to play in future? 

Posted

I never said you can't play in the near future, i said they won't be able to play now because it's simply not in Daum EU's service area. As the post i linked the first time already said: "For any territory not mentioned above there may be different channels offered in the future". The only thing i can say is, hope for the best and wait for someone to expand their service area to india, or some publisher to release the game into india.

Posted

No you're not allowed to play from India. NA ip blocks everyone but Canada 

Posted

No you're not allowed to play from India. NA ip blocks everyone but Canada 

I'm sincerely hoping you're just trolling right now... if not, you might wanna read the service area post again >.>

Posted

Meh you'd have to use a VPN service anyway. The data center they chose is on the west coat. In the mid west I can only get around 80 ping to it. It won't make a difference where you live.

Posted

That's why EU players have servers in EU and NA players in NA. But EU players can still connect to NA and vise versa if they want to, as long as they are in the service area of Daum that is... Indian players will have to rely on VPNs and hope for the best that their ping isn't killing them.

....Or wait for another publisher :c

Posted

Are there any indian player here who can confirm they are playing using vpn?

Posted

So i know im replying to this thread very late, but i bought this game from India via VPN (Used Opera Browser) (,hrough the normal credit card option), While entering the credit card details make sure to enter the billing address as the same one stated in your credit card.  Paypal didn't work for some reason. Once i successfully bought it downloading the application was a breeze. Though downloading the in game data took a lot of time. Once everything was downloaded you can't just launch it because it would show you an error that you are living outside the marked regions of the game (Namely the EU and NA) so luckily i had a few VPN codes i managed to snatch from a VPN company give away and i used the VPN Application (Okay Freedom VPN) servers are pretty fast and ping is relatively low as well. So launched the VPN application and choose the server region as America and then i managed to log in and play. No issues after that. I am living in Delhi and can confirm this works pretty well. But keep in mind you need to find a good VPN application or the lag would be tooo horrible