• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Weekend XP for EU/NA [Feedback]

498 posts in this topic

Posted

Get feedback by poll is what I'm trying to say. I like the idea of a poll when getting a collective response from the player-base just like when @CM_Jouska did that poll on auto-loop.

I can see the arguments from both sides.

1. EU people who didn't abuse the exploit will still lag behind the NA players who are getting the "compensation" exp weekend

2. NA people getting free exp weekend. Who in their right mind wants to deny free stuff?

ME!  I don't want free stuff.  I realize I should have been born in a generation where you took pride in earning what you got and time and effort mattered.  I like seeing someone with a skill I don't have and being impressed and respectful of their dedication.  I hate easy mode.  There are 8 million games like that... I was thrilled to have so many choices to make and that it would take forever to master them all.  I wasn't thrilled with the setting for EVE but this reminded me of that to an extent.

Yes, I know, I can stay logged out and not get  the free stuff, but I still like knowing that people got what they earned... that's just me maybe.

Posted

Because there are already 5 active topic about it, please share here your feedback.  If there will be new topic about this problem, please send users to this one. 

Thanks

The only exp event they SHOULD be having is on the week of the 20th for the blader/plums to lvl faster. 

NA doesn't need any compensation, EU needs to be rolled back.

This. They have high life skill ppl everywhere now. 

Posted

My Feedback:

Because "SOME" People on EU exploitet a Bug, while most didnt use that "Bug", Daum giving the whole NA official EXP Weekend.

Way to go Daum..... way to do....

Why do you fail every single time?

Posted (edited)

My opinion:

Giving NA the same Buff is ok, i mean they hadnt any advantage like EU. BUT here is the but, it was unofficial, at start they even deleted it in the thread and told "they cant give other XP then combat xp"...So everyone grinded mobs. Then there were threads "xp bugged...fishing bugged....trading gives more XP" and in this threads ppl that claimed "there is no bug, what are you talking about...." and others that said "only special fishes/places or channels etc."

SO not everyone on EU could profit from this unofficial boost and that is why the EU ppl are mad. The EU players who got f*** over because they thought it was a bug or heard on sunday evening  that there is something....this are the player that should compensated or the other player that had an advantage should get punishment (i dont think there should be bans or so but fixing the XP gap should be the solution somehow! )

So its not that NA gets now an official event its that alot of player got screwed over with the unoffical / bugged XP Event and NA now gets an official while the EU player that dont used the "bug" just dont get anything....

SOLUTION SHOULD BE, not only give NA the same event but fix /compensate the EU playerbase aswell somehow (fairly! )

Edited by Myssy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The message Daum has sent me, and what I've learned from this is:

If you learn about a bug or an exploit, exploit it as much as possible!

I don't give a hoot if NA gets a whole week's worth of exp. I dont play NA, and dont compare myself to those. But I do care that I play EU, did not exploit, did not get informed or at least got informed very late. I spend 3 weeks getting my skill legit, bought rod after rod, filled my inventory with 10 rods at a time, crafted thick rods when none were on auctionhouse, bought steel rods for millions, and now someone got skilled 5 barely filling his inventory with fish once... You failed at fixing this bug and the consequences Daum. Im salty, Im dissapointed, and Ive lost a lot of faith in you.

Solution: EU lifeskill 3 day rollback. If you specifically went out to fish during the bug, then that's exploiting, and "I wasted my time" would be a fair reward... I doubt any legit fishers would care about 3 days of progress. Only exploiters will whine.

Edited by Tani
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How is doing your normal life skills exploiting a bug? 

I think the philosophy is that if you're getting something you know can't be right and you continue to do it, it's an exploit.

If you go to the same soda machine every day and put in $1 and 1 soda comes out and then the next day the soda machine has nothing on it that says the price is not $1 and you put in your $1 and 4 come out and you keep putting in $1 and getting 4 sodas and just keep doing it... some people would consider that exploiting an unintended mechanic.

Everyone can choose for themselves if it is.  Me, I would have notified the owner of the machine and stopped doing it, but that's just me.

Edited by Aliantha

Posted

Terrible decision. What happens on EU has no impact on NA, so why screw with NA?

Was anyone even whining about the EU XP glitch being unfair to NA?

Please don't do this.

Posted

I don't give a hoot if NA gets a whole week's worth of exp. I dont play NA, and dont compare myself to those. But I do care that I play EU, did not exploit, did not get informed or at least got informed very late. I spend 3 weeks getting my skill legit, bought rod after rod, filled my inventory with 10 rods at a time, crafted thick rods when none were on auctionhouse, bought steel rods for millions, and now someone got skilled 5 barely filling his inventory with fish once... You failed at fixing this bug and the consequences Daum. Im salty, Im dissapointed, and Ive lost a lot of faith in you.

would give you a "like" but am out.

2 people like this

Posted

would give you a "like" but am out.

Marry me please!

Posted

I get your analogy but for a lot of people fishing, trading and taming are their main or only income source, so having to stop fishing for three days or so because daum screwed up on their end isn't the best solution. (Plus daum has the power to rollback their exp, where as the soda machine owner doesn't!) 

agreed, I don't think anyone should be punished, I just don't think this solution is a solution

I wouldn't penalize anyone for the money they earned just the skill levels

Marry me please!

that's a "love" not a "like"!

too cute

<3

Posted

So for this is feedback. Tomorrow Daum will analyse this topic and maybe change their decision, but it's only main opinion. 

I really hope they don't go forward with this.

EU got messed up. It happens, but there's no reason to inflict the same error (and the side effects) on NA when the two regions have no interaction. Likewise, you're creating a situation where people are compelled to play as much as possible during a specific time or risk being left behind. When I play, I play because I want to, not because I'll feel like I'm being screwed if I don't.

If Daum feels compelled to do something to NA (even though there hasn't exactly been an outcry about how "unfair" the bug was), toss NA players some 10% Life XP scrolls and call it a day. It shows that you're aware that some powergamers feel "cheated" by EU having a beneficial bug that NA didn't have, but doesn't unbalance NA the way a 300% (or whatever) bonus XP weekend would, not does it force players to play at a specific time or be left behind.

Posted

Muricans, let's calm down a bit. You complain a few europeans abusing a mistake Daum made. What did they get? A few life skill levels.
Yet, an american guild was caught exploiting field bosses. What did they get? Hundreds of millions. What was done? Exploit fixed, no players banned/no rollback.

Lets not be ridiculous here please.

Posted

Muricans, let's calm down a bit. You complain a few europeans abusing a mistake Daum made. What did they get? A few life skill levels.
Yet, an american guild was caught exploiting field bosses. What did they get? Hundreds of millions. What was done? Exploit fixed, no players banned/no rollback.

Lets not be ridiculous here please.

There's a pattern here that needs to stop.

Posted

1+ This

--

Srs is this a joke? Just Rollback the Lifeskills...god...this incompetence

Posted

1+ This

--

Thats why MMO´s should not be published by Handy App Companys.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is the stupidest decision I have seen a gaming company make. I guess ill just enjoy my trading rank 5 while I can cause I'm not gonna no-life this to maintain my position. 

Posted (edited)

The problem here is that these exp gains were not anounced on EU since they were not intentional, far from everyone knew about it on eu!!

This does not fix the gap between eu/na like daum states but will put eu behind because ALL of NA know about this exp event and will all take advantage of it on the other hand on EU only those who figured out the exp was bugged toke advantage of it which is compared to all active players a very small part of the EU playerbase,  on EU there are now master fishers people gained insane amount of levels in this weekend (it was a lot more than a 10% increase)  people who did not know this are all far behind and now because people were allowed to exploit the expierience the people who did not do it on eu are not gaining anything out of it, they will not reach the leaderboards that is now for sure!

The fish/trade/training leaderboard really does not mean anything to me anymore,  you -----ed up on EU and now you are going to just do the same on NA? you forget about EU not getting a heads up and almost noone knowing about it aswell this really is poor decision making.

How I would fix this using random numbers here,  lets say a blue fish gave 4x exp,  a blue fish normally gives 1 exp but because of the expierience bug it gave 4, if someone catched 100 blue fish which is with the bug 400 exp,  simply roll back the 300 exp they should not have gotten.

I cant believe the decision Daum made is to just create a same weekend of really messed up expierience rates. someone who is on the top of the leaderboards of long manual playtime before this exp must feel cheated. Would highly reconsider enabling this event on NA and rather take away expierience people should not have gotten, did you notice how people skilled fishing that never fished before? people were well aware that they were getting bugged expierience rates and it should be taken away! I am someone who did get a lot of exp aswell because of this and I should not have it.

Edited by Laner

Posted

The problem here is that these exp gains were not anounced on EU since they were not intentional, far from everyone knew about it on eu!!

This does not fix the gap between eu/na like daum states but will put eu behind because ALL of NA know about this exp event and will all take advantage of it on the other hand on EU only those who figured out the exp was bugged toke advantage of it which is compared to all active players a very small part of the EU playerbase,  on EU there are now master fishers people gained insane amount of levels in this weekend (it was a lot more than a 10% increase)  people who did not know this are all far behind and now because people were allowed to exploit the expierience the people who did not do it on eu are not gaining anything out of it. 

The fish/trade/training leaderboard really does not mean anything to me anymore,  you -----ed up on EU and now you are going to just do the same on NA? you forget about EU not getting a heads up and almost noone knowing about it aswell this really is poor decision making.

How I would fix this using random numbers here,  lets say a blue fish gave 4x exp,  a blue fish normally gives 1 exp but because of the expierience bug it gave 4, if someone catched 100 blue fish which is with the bug 400 exp,  simply roll back the 300 exp they should not have gotten.

I cant believe the decision Daum made is to just create a same weekend of really messed up expierience rates. someone who is on the top of the leaderboards of long manual playtime before this exp must feel cheated.

Ok im pretty sure they do not safe who caught what fish ... thats just not going to go well.

I presented an easy way to fix it. BUt i think DAUM doesnt have the required backup data ...

Posted

Well I am excited!

Posted

lol some people in UE didnt want to use this bug cuz there may be some punishment from you

and you -----in give 3 days to them to gain an advantage, AGAIN?

stupid daum

Posted (edited)

Ok im pretty sure they do not safe who caught what fish ... thats just not going to go well.

I presented an easy way to fix it. BUt i think DAUM doesnt have the required backup data ...

It is just a example they would not litterally do it that way, they should have other tools the achieve the same thing,  compare the expierience of accounts before the exp buff to after it, they should know how much more people actually got, if its x4 than take away 3/4th of the exp gained.

lol some people in UE didnt want to use this bug cuz there may be some punishment from you

and you -----in give 3 days to them to gain an advantage, AGAIN?

stupid daum

^ at some points I actually did stop fishing,  the levels I gained were so absurd I was sure it would be rolled back anyways..  they just left the expierience rates on for the whole weekend  the moment people started to realise this, which was not even a hour into the exp event they should have disabled it,  fixed it and redone it the weekend after, this is insane.

Daum is telling us the next time something is bugged to really start exploiting it otherwise we will fall behind and we can keep it without punishment/rolled back anyways.. really lame.

Edited by Laner
1 person likes this

Posted

they just left the expierience rates on for the whole weekend  the moment people started to realise this, which was not even a hour into the exp event they should have disabled it,  fixed it and redone it the weekend after, this is insane.

And i am really interested getting an answer about that. But this is probably never going to happen. They should have done it, but they didn`t. Why? Because nobody cares? Because nobody felt responsible? We`ll never know....

Posted

It's not always possible to roll back something that specific.

Posted

Why not just give both EU & NA another 10% exp weekend, apologize for your mistakes last weekend, and be done with it?  This way everybody could benefit from 10% bonus exp again, everybody wins.  Just no stupid 300% exp mistake this time.

Posted

It is just a example they would not litterally do it that way, they should have other tools the achieve the same thing,  compare the expierience of accounts before the exp buff to after it, they should know how much more people actually got, if its x4 than take away 3/4th of the exp gained.

^ at some points I actually did stop fishing,  the levels I gained were so absurd I was sure it would be rolled back anyways..  they just left the expierience rates on for the whole weekend  the moment people started to realise this, which was not even a hour into the exp event they should have disabled it,  fixed it and redone it the weekend after, this is insane.

Daum is telling us the next time something is bugged to really start exploiting it otherwise we will fall behind and we can keep it without punishment/rolled back anyways.. really lame.

+1