• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

ip block I Highly Suggest you stop banning half the planet

12 posts in this topic

Posted

There is not much to say really , i am just sitting in south Africa with a 100mb uncapped line and the only reason i cant play is because i am ip blocked . so please just let me and the many like me play on the EU servers ,that is all

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Seriously people.  The reasons behind IP blocks have been discussed over and over.  The horse is long dead, Jim.

These are contractual obligations that are very similar to how franchised fast food restaurants can only open in certain locations.  These region/market boundaries are set to protect the potential income of another franchisee and the potential licensing revenues by the owner of the franchise.  That's why you don't see two {insert franchise fast-food name here} next to each other.

It's the same principal.

Do like others and use a VPN if you truly want to play on another region's servers.

Edited by Diggerton
1 person likes this

Posted

VPN's from south Africa are nearly impossible best ping you can hope for is about 1200ms ,if they just let us connect to EU servers like 99% of mmo's do then we can play and i don't see how or even who gets affected by doing that what franchise or company is losing money on this?

Posted

VPN's from south Africa are nearly impossible best ping you can hope for is about 1200ms ,if they just let us connect to EU servers like 99% of mmo's do then we can play and i don't see how or even who gets affected by doing that what franchise or company is losing money on this?

Whatever current or potential market you are in.  It may also have to do with social/cultural restrictions.

Posted

We don't know what deals Pearl Abyss is currently working on.  We have no idea if there are already discussions with potential publishers or if they're waiting for the market to change.  We don't know if there are any issues with establishing licenses in certain regions (political, economic, or otherwise).  We don't know anything beyond what they told us, and what they told us is this:

All territories above are in accordance with the agreement with the developer Pearl Abyss.
For any territory not mentioned above there may be different channels offered in the future.

I'm sorry.  I want to see other countries play, too.  But this is how Pearl Abyss is operating and distributing their product.  Is it a good business decision?  I don't know.  I'd argue it might not be, but who knows what obstacles PA is facing.  For all we know, they may not have the funds to work with too many foreign markets through Daum.

Posted (edited)

the social/cultural restrictions makes a lot of sense and i agree but we have no competing market in video games what so ever , we do however have a huge player base in all game genres and i am sure the rest of Africa and south America are over enough people to warrant access to a server of some kind. but sadly it will never happen so far Valve is the only company that has done it by giving us a dota 2 server ,but we could still play before the server just with lag . i choose lag over no game at all.

Edited by DudeNessNess
miss spelt
1 person likes this

Posted

well thanks for the reply's guys i doubt this will reach Pearl Abyss. game looks amazing  ill continue to check/hope for news . hope you guys enjoy the game ones it releases.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So hypothetically speaking... if one were to connect to EU/NA, then if I'm not mistaken like the other versions of the game they will only need the VPN when logging in.  Once said person gets to the server/channel screen, they would be able to turn off their VPN on that screen, connect to the servers/channels, and play through their normal connection.  Hypothetically, of course.

Edited by Maevynn
1 person likes this

Posted

So hypothetically speaking... if one were to connect to EU/NA, then if I'm not mistaken like the other versions of the game they will only need the VPN when logging in.  Once said person gets to the server/channel screen, they would be able to turn off their VPN on that screen, connect to the servers/channels, and play through their normal connection.

That's how I play on RU.  Works great.

1 person likes this

Posted

well thanks for the reply's guys i doubt this will reach Pearl Abyss. game looks amazing  ill continue to check/hope for news . hope you guys enjoy the game ones it releases.

You might want to look at renting a VPN outside of South Africa and connect to it.  It will cost you a bit more, but you will avoid the ip block issues. I played on the KR/JP servers using this from inside the US and it worked pretty well. 

Given how the major backbone IP's run for South Africa, I would look for a VPN in Spain/Portugal as it should give you the best throughput. 

Posted

The territories we are allowed to service are defined by the contract to Pearl Abyss, to find out more about this please refer to the following thread.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/786-territory-of-service-updated-13112015/

Additionally Pearl Abyss has stated they intend to expand service to the unserviced areas.

They are trying. The reason they cannot is because business takes a long time. The reason they have not announced it/is more transparent is because IF something goes wrong the community backlash can be severe. It's more unnecessary PR work.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm from South Africa, and I wish to play to, but they are working on it. Let's all just be patient and wait a few months😋