• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Super armor damage reduction doesn't work

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Been noticing it a lot lately. Running towards a ranger with lava piercer activated and he starts shotgunning me for half my hp while I am supposed to have a 80% damage reduction buff on me.Same with shake off. I try using it to dodge stun skills from strong mobs, but while I am able to dodge the CC, the damage is not reduced. Anyone else noticing this?

Getting kinda tired of this shit. Grabs don't work, Super Armor doesn't work. What's next?

2 people like this

Posted

Works, but our servers have a bit of a desync problem.

Posted

never works for me and i have tested it over and over again with all the skills it applies to.

Posted

Nothing is working as it should atm. GM's doesnt even know what the latest patch did :D fk'ed up.

Posted

ya i sent a ticket on 3 diff things i got copy paste replies telling me to go to forums to find the answer to my problem HAHA wtf

Posted

yea a lot of super armor skills work sporadically for me.Like when I start the skil i still get hit full damage or sometimes even mid skill like predatory hunt..

Posted

Nothing is working as it should atm. GM's doesnt even know what the latest patch did :D fk'ed up.

That's because they probably have an outsourcing agency taking care of the customer service in order to cope with the large amount of users rather than having a fully trained in house team. So those outsourcers probably only got a day of training and a power point about BDO. Standard issues are covered by Zendesk macros and anything else outside the norm wont be answered properly I guess. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It seems pretty unreliable if it is supposed to give heavy damage reduction.  Below is a clip of me getting effectively one shot in the middle of a grab/undertaker.  The clip is pretty old though, fresh 50 in the second week of release.  I think my DP was probably around (or under) 130 at that point.  But if it is supposed to give 80% dmg reduction then something is obviously broken there.

Edited by Oozo
1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska could you please shed some light at what's actually Super Armor supposed to do and if it works at all? Yesterday I got humpend into back by two Helm Miners while Corpse Storming, it was not pleasant :( 

Posted

i've been saying this since release but some dimwits keep saying otherwise and confuse it with the separate problem with the grabs & desyncs or say its working as intended with iframes. either the 80% damage mitigation from super armor is a load of BS or its broken as fuk.

clarification would be great to have, as the only reason i think this hasn't been made into a bigger deal is because the majority of ppl just gave up on this class an re rolled sorc.

'F' that!

Posted

I believe (right now) only Defence Stance has a guaranteed 80% dmg reduction.

Posted

^ replies like this confuse people.

Wrath of beast does NOT give super armour. It gives a defensive stance like warriors blocking incomming damage to the block limit.

Super armour is entirely differen't.

Posted

I believe (right now) only Defence Stance has a guaranteed 80% dmg reduction.

Huh? Wrath of beast (defence stance) does not give 80% dmg reduction. It is a shield.

Posted

SInce I have not played any other version of the game (RU, JPN, KR), I am not even sure how is the Super Armor SUPPOSED to behave. Anyone can enlighten me?

Are the tooltips just wrong? Is it bugged only in our version? Does it work on some abilities, but not others?

The best thing would be for someone to log into RU (for example), test an ability, log into our version and test it again, then post results. I am aware that we may have different numbers than RU, but 80% reduction should be really obvious.

Posted

I had to make a post on this topic as well, I have been 1 shot through super armor with 1700 HP, facing my target (Guild Boss(Medium)). I'm not even going to say please, fix my class.

Posted

I believe everyone is thinking defensive stance, although I will say I believe SA does have either a tiny amount of damage reduction, or there is nothing. 80% seems like too much, but then again I think it does work sometimes. Around a week after release-ish I remember lava piercing out of a residual lightning with extremely low health and got away, normally that skill would bring me around 65% down, I had like 20% health.. I had like 5hp afterwards, but I think what happened in that video specifically is you got the 100% black spirit sorc skill, and undertaker was right above it and you took that straight to the face.

Overall, I wouldn't be surprised if it does, but I definitely don't think its 80%.. Maybe 30-40% maybe even 50%. Who knows. I think it might just be the server messing up.

Posted (edited)

Why do we all have this shit? Does KR/RUS versions have/had these problems with super armor and desync? FFS

Edited by EvilCloud5

Posted

Out of curiosity, where is the source that does claims it gives 80% DR. I've heard this number get tossed around but haven't found an actual source for it.

Posted

Why do we all have this shit? Does KR/RUS versions have/had these problems with super armor and desync? FFS

apparently they did, but I bet it was more prepped. I'm sure. I doubt it is as bad as this.

Posted

Out of curiosity, where is the source that does claims it gives 80% DR. I've heard this number get tossed around but haven't found an actual source for it.

It could be the 80% damage reduction was pure BS all along and that super armor only gives immunity to most CCs. In which case super armor works fine, for the most part.

Posted

Try that Roar, our Q. Beastial Roar? Its shit, save for the fact you take like no damage.

Posted

It could be the 80% damage reduction was pure BS all along and that super armor only gives immunity to most CCs. In which case super armor works fine, for the most part.

Even that doesn't work, tested it last night.

Posted

Even that doesn't work, tested it last night.

works 7/10 times^^

Posted

works 7/10 times^^

I think even 7/10 is being pretty generous.

Posted

Try that Roar, our Q. Beastial Roar? Its shit, save for the fact you take like no damage.

You take no damage? I ditched that skill because of the fact I took all the damage. You go into the room, Roar, it pulls basically everyone... and then their load hits you. The point of this skill is evading me, you taunt, you get no damage reduction, do no damage and yehehe you have knockdown to which all mobs that matter are immune.

2 people like this