• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Super armor damage reduction doesn't work

55 posts in this topic

Posted

I really love the situations when you do combo like this: Lava piercer to get to the enemy line -> rubberband back 5m -> look at your character rolling on the ground like turtle on its back -> watch incoming rain of arrows from laughing enemy rangers - > finish the combo with mighty Ress at the nearest Node.

Seriously this happened on Tuesday to me like 5 or more times. Then I missed like 10 or more grabs due to desync.

While it is more of a desync issue, I think it is really connected, the superarmor maybe works but you can die before it even registers that you used SA ability. or the ability never happens because you are already CCd and you get the graphical effect but not the "buff". So without fixing server issues we will not found out if SA works or not.

Honestly I have never seen class so borked in my 12 years of mmos. We are low damage class, with only pros being CC and tankiness based on moves with SA, both of which are destroyed by crappy servers. We suck in PVE fast farming, world bosses. Maybe in other versions Berserker is best GVG class, but with these servers we are like naked people dancing (Corpse storm whiffing) between enemies until we rubberband and die. 

3 people like this

Posted

@CM_Jouska it would be really cool if we could get clarification on exactly what super armor should be doing for us

Posted

pleaseplease fix, im getting kd, stunned, slowed all the time when in Super, and the damage reduction seems negligble imo.

KD by ranger while holding a guy in the air with Rocksmash f.ex super anoying hehe

Posted (edited)

No offense but ppl should just simply make a video of several test instead of shouting and crying for help. This dude is lvl 50 therefore has mediocre/bad gear. I would like to know the dp. And he got dmg from behind which adds much more dmg taken.

And as stated it was 2 weeks into release. That was the time where the gap between casuals and hardcore no lifers was enormous. A 53 well geared ranger at that time could have easily one shotted him. And look at his health. 1.1k. Is anyone even really watching the video or do you just see what you want to see.

So this video is not the best example to call someone from DAUM for.

As I said. No offense but make proper videos and compare the dmg taken

Edited by Brakster

Posted (edited)

No offense but ppl should just simply make a video of several test instead of shouting and crying for help. This dude is lvl 50 therefore has mediocre/bad gear. I would like to know the dp. And he got dmg from behind which adds much more dmg taken.

And as stated it was 2 weeks into release. That was the time where the gap between casuals and hardcore no lifers was enormous. A 53 well geared ranger at that time could have easily one shotted him. And look at his health. 1.1k. Is anyone even really watching the video or do you just see what you want to see.

So this video is not the best example to call someone from DAUM for.

As I said. No offense but make proper videos and compare the dmg taken

I think you are missing the big picture.  If super armor is supposed to reduce incoming damage by 80% and I took over 1000 damage then I got hit for over 5000 damage.  It's not likely I got hit that hard regardless of any gear disparities  Either super armor doesn't give that much damage reduction or it is not working as intended. 

The movie is not about the damage that was taken it is about the damage that was taken while super armor was up.  It would be good, at a minimum, to be told exactly what super armor is supposed to do.

Maybe it doesn't effect damage taken at all.  Maybe it causes you to take 80% of the damage (a 20% reduction) instead of 20% of the damage (an 80% reduction).  We don't know if it is broken or not because nobody knows for sure what it is supposed to do.

The clip was from a very long time ago, so I'm not sure on the  DP.  I was already building for DP so I think my DP would have been somewhere in the 110 to 130 range.

Edited by Oozo

Posted

@CM_Jouska We are still waiting in the dark for any explanation what is Super Armor supposed to do and if it actually does anything at all? (just got knocked down during Undertaker from the air :S ).

Or maybe @CM_Tytyes is not busy and could answer? :) 

Posted

@CM_Jouska We are still waiting in the dark for any explanation what is Super Armor supposed to do and if it actually does anything at all? (just got knocked down during Undertaker from the air :S ).

+1

Posted

+1

+1

Posted

answer: just reroll sorc :)

Posted

Last time I checked it didnt say superarmor give 80% example lava piercer that gives superarmor makes you unstoppable = immune to CC effect. Nothing about 80% dmg reduction

Posted

answer: just reroll sorc :)

If I wanted to wear pyjamas, I wouldn't change when I got up.

Posted (edited)

I tried the "super armor" in pvp recently.The ranger shot me with shotgun a few times and I went from 1305 hp to 605hp.Then I used Q roar of beast and it seemed like he did less at first but as I asked him to do the same amount of shotguns on me and instead of 605hp I was left with 750hp ..soo.. if it does reduce something that reduction is clearly not 80% or even 50% or 40% because I was left with just about 145hp~ more and that's not accounting for possible criticals and human error of course but that shit is worthless.. and without even needing to say it, it did nothing to him.

Edited by Tormund

Posted

its a tad anoying playing zerker with the desync going on, ive bee knocked down WHILE flying during undertaker with an enemey in my hands (wich of course promptly teleported out of my hands..) im talking halfway through animation of undertaker and into KD , combine this with 5+ grabs in row where people just mysteriously ports out of my hands midway through animation and im just going *SIGH*

1 person likes this

Posted

rubebrband issue needs more attention !

Posted

Last time I checked it didnt say superarmor give 80% example lava piercer that gives superarmor makes you unstoppable = immune to CC effect. Nothing about 80% dmg reduction

Super Armor gives 80% damage reduction. That's why it's called Super Armor...not Resistance Armor

Posted

Super Armor gives 80% damage reduction. That's why it's called Super Armor...not Resistance Armor

Source?

Posted

loss of CC immunity is a desync bug I would guess, because I find super armour works for me most of the time (the CC immunity, haven't tested the damage reduction). desync bugs need to get fixed, but I've been doing tripple grab combs in my last few duels with no issues. it's temperamental, but is much better than it was.

Posted (edited)

As far as I can tell the CC immunity is broken VS Rangers and Tamers. The rangers shotgun still staggers us consistently and if spec'ed to slow it does that as well. The Tamer's pet will knock you out of your grabs as well.

It starting to seem like their is more broken than working with this class. Its kind of a joke that we cant even get a response from the development team (@CM_Jouska) on this.

I mean at this point I would settle for a "Working as intended" so I could change my main to another class and move on with my life.

Edited by Zhon

Posted

zerker is fine... LOL

Posted

zerker is fine... LOL

I think you mean the Berserker still functions, but its a farcry from fine. The class's core mechanics are clearly broken and Development team is choosing the worst route they can by staying quiet.

Grabs: Berserkers are based heavily around grabbing their target, a mechanic publicly acknowledge as "partially fixed" or in other words "partially broken". I didn't even notice a discernible difference after that partial fix.

Super Armor:  We are also based heavily in using super armor sacrificing the I-Frame count that most classes have. A mechanic we have no clear explanations for which seems to have widely varying stats that are either ignored half the time or RNJesus gets to roll the dice each hit like an old school D&D game. 

This development team needs to get their head out of their collective ass and show some transparency or they are going destroy are perfectly good game.

Posted (edited)

@Zhon Almost everything in this game broken.

There is no reason to talk about balance and fixes cause costumes and cash shop shit > balance and server performance 

The only official answer you`ll get: 

keep-calm-and-give-me-your-money-71.jpg

Edited by Schorsch

Posted

@Zhon Almost everything in this game broken.

There is no reason to talk about balance and fixes cause costumes and cash shop shit > balance and server performance 

The only official answer you`ll get: 

keep-calm-and-give-me-your-money-71.jpg

So true...... lol. Now I'm sad.

Posted

@Schorsch you're not contributing to this topic, please troll somewhere else and stop mucking up this conversation. Zerk is by no means 'fine' in any way.

Posted (edited)

So many squishy Sorceress, Rangers & Wizards everywhere now :P

Nobody wants the game to become "Only 3 correct classes, otherwise you're screwed". There are way, way too much Sorceress, Rangers & Wizards in the game, because people might think "it's a game, hence an entertainment, so let's play the easy OP class, no problem" ; But on the other hand, they don't have to struggle as we do with especially the Desync (that's clearly ruining the class' mechanics since we rely most of the time on our grabs) & broken buffs like "super armor" (which is, imo, a CC immunity, unless you get grabbed, and around 30% damage reduction ; but since it relies on server performance & our PCs' performances, it doesn't work most of the time).

Those dudes playing the easy way OP classes, they keep it cool. It's frustrating tho but no problem after all :) If we see no change in the Berserker class, either we leave the game or reroll so that there will be more & more OP classes in PvP ^^ No need to maintain headaches about this class, it simply doesn't work yet. Just wait a few weeks, to see if there will by any changes, then reroll if it's still a real problem as far as PvP is concerned.

Tho, at lv 53+ properly geared in PvP / large scale fights, it's a pleasure running with Lava Pierce, Grab the opponent & take it in front or your teammaters :P (works 3 times out of 56 tho! haha)

Edited by Wild_Instinct
1 person likes this