• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What about the pets?

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi i was wondering if the was more info on pets. The only detailed thing i can find about them is here http://blackdeserttome.com/wiki/Pets 

- can they die (if so are they like horses needing to go to the stables to revive)

- can they be attacked by other players and mobs (if so do they attack back)

- do they only pick up items from your kills (or can someone run through your grinding spot with 3 pets out and grab all your items)

Posted

I remembering watching a pet system on cats and seeing your questions. I highly doubt they can be attacked or can they die. Maybe a feeding system you have to take care of them probably?

Posted

No

No

Yes

Posted

They can't be attacked and they can't die. They pick up your items. You can't pick up someone else's items unless they've left them there for a while.

Posted

No

No

Yes

They can't be attacked and they can't die. They pick up your items. You can't pick up someone else's items unless they've left them there for a while.

Valthier gave the correct answers,basically :

* They can't be attacked nor can die,they can only run out of stamina (thus unable to auto-loot) which can be refilled with pet food.
* They pick up loot from the mobs you have killed (theres a cooldown for this,depending on the type/level of pet).
* No,people can't run through a grinding spot and pick up your stuff freely like that,but if the loot stays on the ground for long enough it isn't claimed anymore and other players can grab it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok thanks for clarifying that for me

Posted

Ok thanks for clarifying that for me

Aaaaand you can now use 4 pets instead of 3! bet you din't know that one huh? :P

Posted

Aaaaand you can now use 4 pets instead of 3! bet you din't know that one huh? :P

I do now thanks are there any other pets that you know of or just the cat,dog and hawk

Posted

I do now thanks are there any other pets that you know of or just the cat,dog and hawk

Sure theres also A penguin was timed limited iirc and now theres also a desert fox, these plus the ones you mentioned.

Posted

I had no way to try, but from description seems that pets can loot only once every 10 seconds. It's that true? Sometimes I have 20 loot around. The loot stays yours for about 1mins, then anyone can take it for another 1min, then if still not taken, the game removes it. (All these are not exact values, just approx.)

So these are the questions: are the pets useful, as in can they loot 20-50 loot per minute? Or you need 4 pets for that, because 1 is not enough? Or not even 4 can keep up? An if they run out of stamina, you have to feed them manually? Is it worth bothering with pets (are they cost effective: price of pet food vs time and effort to feed them vs the looting work they are able to do in 1min), other than just having them as decoration or as warning tool or whatever secondary use they have?

Posted

I had no way to try, but from description seems that pets can loot only once every 10 seconds. It's that true? Sometimes I have 20 loot around. The loot stays yours for about 1mins, then anyone can take it for another 1min, then if still not taken, the game removes it. (All these are not exact values, just approx.)

So these are the questions: are the pets useful, as in can they loot 20-50 loot per minute? Or you need 4 pets for that, because 1 is not enough? Or not even 4 can keep up? An if they run out of stamina, you have to feed them manually? Is it worth bothering with pets (are they cost effective: price of pet food vs time and effort to feed them vs the looting work they are able to do in 1min), other than just having them as decoration or as warning tool or whatever secondary use they have?

Yes initially pets have a 10 second cool down on looting however pets have different cds for looting depending on what kind what level and what tier, cats loot faster then dogs lvl 1 pets have 10 level 10 (maximum have 2.5-4s) depending if it is a tier 1,2 or 3 pet to get higher tiers of pets you basically have to fuse two pets to get a new one RNGesus will then decide to grace you or not with a higher tier of cat/dog/whatever. If they run out of stamina you have to feed them there is to kinds of pet food that you can craft in game the first kind restores a painfully low amount of stamina the other one moderate ofc the best pet food only comes from the cashop (sadly i might add) with 3-4 pets you have essentially never ever to loot yourself again tho. Also just having them "out" aka summoned uses up their stamina so if you don't wanne waste it its quite useful to unsommon them to save stamina.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the answer! So it is as bad as feared: you still have to loot manually from time to time, even having the highest tier pets. Looting animation is fairly long, can be interrupted and many times I took more damage while looting 1 item, than the previous 2min fight (during leveling), because monsters respawn fast. Still pets may add some "gameplay", I may get one... not sure, but will consider it as decor only, will never bother feeding them.

The good part is that there are options to hide other players pets, even yours (graphics level, to prevent clutter). The bad is that looting is (very) difficult work and be prepared to lose a lot of loot because this. And again... cash shop - terrible thing to have. But it's needed, until the younger generation (the F2P revolution) learn that it's better to have a subscription with all QoL included, than a limited game where in the end you may pay more and still get less (and no, I never played WoW).

Posted

Thanks for the answer! So it is as bad as feared: you still have to loot manually from time to time, even having the highest tier pets. Looting animation is fairly long, can be interrupted and many times I took more damage while looting 1 item, than the previous 2min fight (during leveling), because monsters respawn fast. Still pets may add some "gameplay", I may get one... not sure, but will consider it as decor only, will never bother feeding them.

The good part is that there are options to hide other players pets, even yours (graphics level, to prevent clutter). The bad is that looting is (very) difficult work and be prepared to lose a lot of loot because this. And again... cash shop - terrible thing to have. But it's needed, until the younger generation (the F2P revolution) learn that it's better to have a subscription with all QoL included, than a limited game where in the end you may pay more and still get less (and no, I never played WoW).

Haaaah? No i think you misinterpreted my post with 3 or 4 pets you really don't need to loot yourself again and pets cannot be interrupted while looting. oò

Posted

i got a question reading this, what will happen if i where to bread to pets, will i loose both of them and get one in return or will i get and extra pet while keeping the other two or perphaps i get 2 new pets?

Posted

Your post was fine, I was talking about me looting manually despite having 1 pet.

Having 4 pets, each looting once every 2.5s, results in 96 loots acquired per minute - if the pet has stamina and does works optimally. But I won't get 4 pets and won't bother feeding pets...

I will get 1 pet max, but that likely will have a 10s timer (maybe in time will advance), that means 6 loots per minute. But I have 20 bags per minute around (just an example, happened already, just minor loot of course). So I will have to loot manually, because I don't feed the pet, and the pet won't loot at all (because don't have stamina).

My looting animation was interrupted by low level NPC's already (about same levels as mine, ~15, they were red, not purple, so higher above should be even more CC). This will lead to losing some loot at times. Not that I mind, it's just good to know.

Posted

I saw a video somewhere and the pets could have buffs that affected the player.