• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valkyrie tips

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I seen videos after videos but never got the chance to play BDO.

One class I really want to try out is the Valkyrie. I was always a fan of sword and shield type of person. Also see the Valkyrie uses more than just her swords and kicking her opponents as well. She resemble like Fiona in Vindictus.

What should I expect Valkyrie in BDO?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What you need, class good in single pvp, 1vs2 pvp, mass pvp or maybe class to pvp, mass pvp i pve. Valkyria is very good meele for mass pvp and pve but for PK, ganking etc. better choice is warrior with sword and shield - opinion korean player. Valkyria got self heal and group heal, can put immune for 6s to knockdown (wizzard can cast metero and noone will interrupt them by knockdown) but 1vs1 lose with Warrior almost always becaus warrior got more CC for enemy and insane mobility. I always say "class is strong like player who play them" soo weak class in good hand can beat superb class. I will play Valkyria becaus she look nice with shield and sword... and it's captain america in skirt ;)

Edited by Niebieski
1 person likes this

Posted

Valkyrie is easily one of the best farmers too, which is good because the grind at lv50+ is insane! xD Usually you won't use her kicks much since most of her good skills use the shield and/or combo with her shield. Usually you'll always be in the Q stance which is her defensive stance. Most skills can be used from that stance and/or will make her go back in that stance which lets you block all incoming damage. Valkyrie is easy mode in PVE but takes more mastery for PvP. Just make sure you got good ping for PvP! I could give you more tips if there's something specific you'd want to know.

1 person likes this

Posted

What you need, class good in single pvp, 1vs2 pvp, mass pvp or maybe class to pvp, mass pvp i pve. Valkyria is very good meele for mass pvp and pve but for PK...

Not to be rude but I really hate pvp because I have crappy connections. :(

Valkyrie is easily one of the best farmers too, which is good because the grind at lv50+ is insane! xD Usually you won't use her kicks much since most of her good skills use the shield and/or combo with her shield. Usually you'll always be in the Q stance which is her defensive stance. Most skills can be used from that stance and/or will make her go back in that stance which lets you block all incoming damage. Valkyrie is easy mode in PVE but takes more mastery for PvP. Just make sure you got good ping for PvP! I could give you more tips if there's something specific you'd want to know.

But I love kicking, sigh.Blocking skills how is the degree on that? 20 degree radius or 45 degree radius?

Posted

I always use the kicks and combinations thereof. Some of the higher end ones add good CC to the mix in the form of knockdowns. That being said, I play my valkyrie in a far more offensive manner than she is intended.

Posted

Most of good guides you will find on YouTube. Go there and check, but remember to watch 4/5 guides how to play Valkyrie . 

Posted

What makes them one of the best farmers?  I thought their damage was pretty low, just better survivability.  Interested to know, thanks!

Posted

What makes them one of the best farmers?  I thought their damage was pretty low, just better survivability.  Interested to know, thanks!

Walkiria got 2 epic PvE Skils. 

1. Shiled throw ( + shield rotation) < this is aoe skill with huge DMG, no CD, and always knock back monsters, This is main sill for pve.
2. Sec skill is HW ( that sword from the sky) this skill got almost 99% KD chance, on Valencia all mobs you can KD easy, when other classes got huge problem with it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Walkiria got 2 epic PvE Skils. 

1. Shiled throw ( + shield rotation) < this is aoe skill with huge DMG, no CD, and always knock back monsters, This is main sill for pve.
2. Sec skill is HW ( that sword from the sky) this skill got almost 99% KD chance, on Valencia all mobs you can KD easy, when other classes got huge problem with it. 

Good to know!  I'll have to look up some more videos tonight.  Is the shield throw resource heavy?  How often can you really spam this?

For the HW (sky sword) is that AoE too, or single target?  Thanks! 

I was planning on either Wiz/Witch or Sorc for main, but really want first character I make to be my main farmer for $ for alts.

Posted

Good to know!  I'll have to look up some more videos tonight.  Is the shield throw resource heavy?  How often can you really spam this?

I was planning on either Wiz/Witch or Sorc for main, but really want first character I make to be my main farmer for $ for alts.

The only reason to make a valk for farming is if you plan to switch over to a warrior after.  

Posted

The only reason to make a valk for farming is if you plan to switch over to a warrior after.  

Valki is one of best famers in the game after 50+. 
And we need wait for awek.

Posted

Good to know it's a good class for farming! Lots of really helpful comments. :D 

Posted

Valki is one of best famers in the game after 50+. 
And we need wait for awek.

Splitting resources into other characters is a bad idea.  Farming for gear/money to upgrade yourself or a warrior (they use the same gear and is interchangeable) is the best idea.  Unless of course you want to be subpar, then go for it.

Posted

Splitting resources into other characters is a bad idea.  Farming for gear/money to upgrade yourself or a warrior (they use the same gear and is interchangeable) is the best idea.  Unless of course you want to be subpar, then go for it.

I was mainly thinking farming for $...The gear for a Warrior, if we get enough character slots to fulfill my alt needs, is just a plus.

Posted

I'm going to be playing as a Valkyrie when launch comes to NA/EU, I'll be using her as my main, so reading all these hints, is great.

Posted

Check out the PvP tournament by ThatOneGamer on youtube for BDO. He is running a fully specced out and upgraded warrior with awakening. And he gets annihilated 1v1 against a valkyrie. Valk has incredible CC ability and some massive spike damage ability. Played well with the right build, she'll destroy any other class, hands down.

Posted

As other have mentioned, to farm with Valk you use shield throw. The ability isn't too many hungry (even though you replenish full mana in 2-3 secs) and you can use it non stop. Shield throw can still be used even if it's on CD and the damage is really good. That skill alone makes Valk one of the best farmers! Compared to a Tamer (which is also one of the best farmer) she doesn't become lackluster in end game PvP. If you want a farming alt she's a good choice but I don't recommend using alts to farm at all. It takes days to level past 50 and all the farming you do is what will make you level. Getting alts drastically reduces the speed at which you progress.

Posted (edited)

As other have mentioned, to farm with Valk you use shield throw. The ability isn't too many hungry (even though you replenish full mana in 2-3 secs) and you can use it non stop. Shield throw can still be used even if it's on CD and the damage is really good. That skill alone makes Valk one of the best farmers! Compared to a Tamer (which is also one of the best farmer) she doesn't become lackluster in end game PvP. If you want a farming alt she's a good choice but I don't recommend using alts to farm at all. It takes days to level past 50 and all the farming you do is what will make you level. Getting alts drastically reduces the speed at which you progress.

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback Cat!  In my mind I was looking at a toon strictly for farming for silver.  Then playing a main that might not be as "good" to farm with.

Edited by Payne
spelling is hard...

Posted

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback Cat!  In my mind I was looking at a toon strictly for farming for silver.  Then playing a main that might not be as "good" to farm with.

The only way that'd work is if you can have 2 accounts. You can use the alt account to farm easily while your main is afk with loot pets out. If both characters are in teh same party at least you'll get the exp. Remember that this will make you level twice as slowly. Also, idk how our karma system will be. In Korea you never get PKed even if you afk. Here it may be different. 

Posted

When you level up the sky spear thingy (who knows what they'll finally call it in English for NA/EU) it can drop up to 3 spears. I don't know how many people realize this, but if you pan your camera as you use it, you will drop them spread out instead of clustered on a single mob. You can also move your camera up or down to drop them in a line forward or backward from the first spear drop point. If you are more into PvE than PvP, this and the shield throw will definitely be skills you'll want to awaken, as well. When I awakened mine (played on RU when I found out BDO was definitely coming to NA) I got extra attack power off of my shield throw and extra slowing of enemies from the sky spear/sword.

1 person likes this

Posted

When you level up the sky spear thingy (who knows what they'll finally call it in English for NA/EU) it can drop up to 3 spears. I don't know how many people realize this, but if you pan your camera as you use it, you will drop them spread out instead of clustered on a single mob. You can also move your camera up or down to drop them in a line forward or backward from the first spear drop point. If you are more into PvE than PvP, this and the shield throw will definitely be skills you'll want to awaken, as well. When I awakened mine (played on RU when I found out BDO was definitely coming to NA) I got extra attack power off of my shield throw and extra slowing of enemies from the sky spear/sword.

Good to know, thanks!  So what about being more PvX?  Still worth awakening those skills?  Or does it matter since you can eventually unlock all skills...months/years down the road?

Posted (edited)

At 1:34:40 watch this elite valk, hopefully you can get some inspiration

her championship round starts at: 2:26:40

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted

"Yeah, except that Valkyrie is nowhere near the top Melee PVP class in the KR (on RU, Valk is strong, but it is debatable whether or not she is a strongest melee). Valk on KR sits in the lowest tier of PVP classes along with Blader and Tamer because of recent cc rebalance, which made it impossible for Valk to chain knockdown others to death. Also, awakened weapons made Warrior and Giant (both became much stronger melee classes) so strong that Valk has very little chance to win against these classes."

Comment I found in another thread, I was just wondering if this tournament video is a little out of date, considering it was posted in September.   I want to be effective at PvP but don't consider myself a good enough gamer to overcome big handicaps.  Which is why, even though I want to play Valkyrie, I'm a little bit hesitant to commit to her.  If she is the slowest but not the strongest she'll just be bait.

Posted (edited)

"Yeah, except that Valkyrie is nowhere near the top Melee PVP class in the KR (on RU, Valk is strong, but it is debatable whether or not she is a strongest melee). Valk on KR sits in the lowest tier of PVP classes along with Blader and Tamer because of recent cc rebalance, which made it impossible for Valk to chain knockdown others to death. Also, awakened weapons made Warrior and Giant (both became much stronger melee classes) so strong that Valk has very little chance to win against these classes."

Comment I found in another thread, I was just wondering if this tournament video is a little out of date, considering it was posted in September.   I want to be effective at PvP but don't consider myself a good enough gamer to overcome big handicaps.  Which is why, even though I want to play Valkyrie, I'm a little bit hesitant to commit to her.  If she is the slowest but not the strongest she'll just be bait.

There is 5 second cooldown between knockdowns. Trick is to throw them in between. Grabs and throws are not part of the 5 second cc cooldown. CC, crit,  grab, crit, iframe,cc, crit, throw, crit, iframe, CC, crit. She's not as full on OP as she used to be, but still devastating once you adjust your rotation

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted

There is 5 second cooldown between knockdowns. Trick is to throw them in between. Grabs and throws are not part of the 5 second cc cooldown. CC, crit,  grab, crit, iframe,cc, crit, throw, crit, iframe, CC, crit. She's not as full on OP as she used to be, but still devastating once you adjust your rotation

Glad to hear that.