• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Market Tax

52 posts in this topic

Posted

What is the market tax %?

I sold something for 1.8 Mil,

Received 1mil.

Tell me this is a bug

1 person likes this

Posted

Bernie Sanders is the president of BDO, that's why the market tax is so high.

5 people like this

Posted

Let's just say goldsinks and faucets were not well thought out in this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I saw in a video someone sold a yuria +15 for 30 million silver and only got back 19.6...>_> the tax is retarded honestly and needs to be fixed

Posted

Silver is too easy to make. The market tax is 30% plus the 5% guild tax (which no guilds are currently receiving as there's no territory control).

I spend more silver on the taxes than on any single thing so I'm glad it's there.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

30% plus 5%. So all of your profit margin is gone as a crafter. The only reason to craft is if you enjoy gathering and processing all the items yourself, and you get lucky and proc extra copies of the item you're gathering/processing with higher gathering skill/luck. Imo monsters shouldn't be dropping gear. Maybe trash items you can sell and make silver, but dropping gear just puts dedicated weapon/armorers out of business. It's not well thought out overall.

Hardly anyone produces fishing boats on Orwen. They go for 1.5mil minus tax means 975k

So the base value of your materials have to under that number to be considered profitable. Unfortunately the base value materials sell better than the boat, especially the plywoods. So why build boats when base mats are easier to produce and sell for more? Game is flawed by design.

Edited by Pinkeh
2 people like this

Posted

As it was told to me is that the 30% tax either a way to take silver out of the economy or purely a story driven part of it, perhaps both. Anyway as I heard/told is that the 30% tax is supposed to be according to the story. That we've just got out of a lengthy war and being isolated has caused the economy to not collapse but close to it. Thus the 30% tax for the governments.

I personally think it's both, a way to keep the supply of silver lean and come up with a good cover story.

But I do think that when you post something for sale you see your actual received money if it sells. It's not hard to do the math but just easier to see the actual amount you will receive from your item selling.

Well as a crafter then Pinkeh, you need to be taking that into account. If you're buying your mats from the marketplace you have to account for it. Also same as you, from what I've seen the only profit you will get is if you farm the mats yourself and craft it as you said.

I don't think the dedicated weapon/armor crafters are going out of business. You have to level your skills to be able to craft higher level things, maybe I'm not right.So it's a way of recouping some of your costs if you are buying mats from the market place.

Posted

Let's just say goldsinks and faucets were not well thought out in this game.

they are - but whiny people kept b-tching about pay-to-win so we have no premium accounts(30 day sub) in our version like KR to get lower taxes.

Posted (edited)

The tax should be like this
15%+5%
NOT 30%+5%
This is just extreme high
Sadly we did not get any Response on this.

To all guys We Need a goldsink, silver easy to make.
Yes in most MMos you Need this (Inflatation)
BUT Black desert has Price ranges with Soft and Hard caps in Min and Max Values.
This means: You dont Need that Goldsink. You dont have Inflatation (  Hard cap )

We Need a way to reduce the tax.

Either Loyality item: 1000Loyalitys = 1month reduces Auctionhouse Taxes
Dailey Quest for the Auctionhous Manager = 1 Day reduced taxes. E.g. "Hey hero, can you do me a favor and gather me 20 logs i Need them urgent.
Even makes it more interesting for People ( do i spent the Energy for the lower tax or not )

Edited by Seskahin
1 person likes this

Posted

So much for my crafting empire. What a waste of time.

Posted

The tax should be like this
15%+5%
NOT 30%+5%
This is just extreme high
Sadly we did not get any Response on this.

To all guys We Need a goldsink, silver easy to make.
Yes in most MMos you Need this (Inflatation)
BUT Black desert has Price ranges with Soft and Hard caps in Min and Max Values.
This means: You dont Need that Goldsink. You dont have Inflatation (  Hard cap )

We Need a way to reduce the tax.

Either Loyality item: 1000Loyalitys = 1month reduces Auctionhouse Taxes
Dailey Quest for the Auctionhous Manager = 1 Day reduced taxes. E.g. "Hey hero, can you do me a favor and gather me 20 logs i Need them urgent.
Even makes it more interesting for People ( do i spent the Energy for the lower tax or not )

Gotta have a gold sink somewhere.

Posted

Gotta have a gold sink somewhere.

repair cost?
Upgrading?

And for what do you want it?

Posted (edited)

What is the market tax %?

I sold something for 1.8 Mil,

Received 1mil.

Tell me this is a bug

the tax is 30% so you are obviously lieing about what you recieved.

Edited by Faustus

Posted

There needs to be a 30% tax sinks in game otherwise players will keep generating too much money without that money flowing elsewhere or preventing those with too much money from exploiting those with less.

Think of all the people making money by afk fishing. That money just appears out of no where. Something has to give.

It's also to prevent people from abusing the market. Things like buying a mat at a price then selling it for more to make the money. Another way of preventing the uber rich from using their money to abuse those with less.

I think it is a fair amount considering how much money is being generated in the game.

Posted

The tax in my opinion should be put into a lottery bucket and we can enter for it and someone can win Billions and purchase everything in the market that they want. (jk) But really this should be at least fixed to a point where we as crafters and grinders can make a bit more money than expected. The bucket idea can still work being that it can sit there and wait for a guild to purchase a guild house and a % cut of the silver would go into their guild house funds depending on the city they go into. but who know, I see flame coming my way in moments.

Posted

In Sweden this happends in real life.

Posted (edited)

repair cost?Upgrading?

And for what do you want it?

Repair costs are very minimal compared to the amount of gold that gets brought into the game, it barely creates a sink. As for upgrading, the needs to upgrade is mostly dropped from mobs pretty commonly as well so it's not really sinking anything.

"And for what do you want it?", it's mainly meant to keep the game economy stable so it's not a complete mess. 

Edited by Akenai
Information

Posted

I just destroy things instead of putting them on the market, since it's pointless for low value stuff imo.
if i were selling an expensive item i'd be annoyed with the tax but, it's pretty easy to make money in this game so it doesn't matter too much.

Posted

I would wish that taxes for self-crafted items were lower by 10%. Right now there are items which have a high demand but due to the tax in marketplace, rarely anyone wants to sell it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Repair costs are very minimal compared to the amount of gold that gets brought into the game, it barely creates a sink. As for upgrading, the needs to upgrade is mostly dropped from mobs pretty commonly as well so it's not really sinking anything.
"And for what do you want it?", it's mainly meant to keep the game economy stable so it's not a complete mess. 

you cant mess and economey when you have Price ranges with hard caps !

Posted (edited)

you cant mess and economey when you have Price ranges with hard caps !

The point is to just try and keep it stable so that everyone in the game doesn't end up having ridiculous amounts of money obtained way too easily and quickly. If you want a better understanding on it, a really good comparison to gold sinks is Inflation within the economy.

Edited by Akenai
Information

Posted

The tax is pretty high, puts me off producing goods to sell, every idea I had turned out to be a bad one or hardly worth the effort compared to the tried and tested way of making millions fishing. 

Posted

I would wish that taxes for self-crafted items were lower by 10%. Right now there are items which have a high demand but due to the tax in marketplace, rarely anyone wants to sell it.

If you want certain items to be sold more often or become worthwhile to sell, lowering the tax is not the answer. Raising the caps on prices will accomplish the same thing without hurting an important part of the game.

Posted

There is a problem when the best way to make money is AFK fishing.

the tax is 30% so you are obviously lieing about what you recieved.

I'll take a screenshot next time, not lying.