• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Market Tax

52 posts in this topic

Posted

the tax is 30% so you are obviously lieing about what you recieved.

1.8 mill, with a 35% tax, makes you receive 1.17 mill.  Always expect slight rounding for people to make their point or mostly because they don't look at all the numbers, just the biggest.  Also tax is 35%, not 30%.

Posted

Bernie Sanders is the president of BDO, that's why the market tax is so high.

That must explain why there's no subscription fee and a low cost of entry ;)

Posted (edited)

There is a problem when the best way to make money is AFK fishing.

I'll take a screenshot next time, not lying. 

i've sold fisherboat for 1,5 mill and recieved ~1 mill...
how can you sell sth for 1,8mill and recieve 1?

and one of the best ways to make money is active fishing...i'm fisher ranking and money ranking...pure afk fishers can't catch up shit.
there are also non fisher leading the ranking

are you sure you are talking about black desert and this is the right forum?

Edited by Faustus

Posted

That must explain why there's no subscription fee and a low cost of entry ;)

That must explain why everything else is expensive, and you can't get a decent outfit or decent inventory space for free ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

That must explain why everything else is expensive, and you can't get a decent outfit or decent inventory space for free ;)

Only cosmetic and convenience items are expensive, aka, luxury items.  Seems like it's working as intended, GO BERNIE!!

Posted

A high marketplace tax as a "gold sink" is a stupid idea because it discourages people from selling things on the market to other people. Creating even more scarcity and less trade activity, and reduced trade activity also reduces it's effectiveness as a gold sink.

Posted

Only cosmetic and convenience items are expensive, aka, luxury items.  Seems like it's working as intended, GO BERNIE!!

We need to make BDO great again.

Posted

We need to make BDO great again.

KICK OUT ALL THE OTTER PEOPLE!!  BUILD THAT WALL!!!

A high marketplace tax as a "gold sink" is a stupid idea because it discourages people from selling things on the market to other people. Creating even more scarcity and less trade activity, and reduced trade activity also reduces it's effectiveness as a gold sink.

My question to this is, why would you not sell it on the marketplace?  Even at a 70% tax rate you still make FAR more than vendoring it.  Do you just have every storage place in BDO maxed and sit on your stuff?

Posted

KICK OUT ALL THE OTTER PEOPLE!!  BUILD THAT WALL!!!

Good riddance. That voice acting is awful.

Posted

Good riddance. That voice acting is awful.

I think they're adorable.  Since they're shorter they're closer to the ground which makes them more entitled to being on the ground, therefore I think it's you and yours who should leave.  GET ON THEIR LEVEL.

Posted

I think they're adorable.  Since they're shorter they're closer to the ground which makes them more entitled to being on the ground, therefore I think it's you and yours who should leave.  GET ON THEIR LEVEL.

Translate to english pls

Posted

Translate to english pls

Make BDO Great Again.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My question to this is, why would you not sell it on the marketplace?  Even at a 70% tax rate you still make FAR more than vendoring it.  Do you just have every storage place in BDO maxed and sit on your stuff?

Define "it", because you seem to think everyone is just getting showered in Witch's Earrings and the sort all the time. I sell things i absolutely do not need and are considerably more expensive at the Marketplace than at a vendor.

Most things i find however, are not. Gems at 20k? ----- it, to the vendor it goes or i grind it for blackstone powder. Won't craft things to sell either, waste of time. Either the profit margin is to small to be worth the effort, or it's downright worth less.

If i make Steel and turn it into tradepacks i get double the money for it selling to an npc than if i sold it on the Marketplace to a player.

Edited by Terrahero

Posted

Ask Daum to make a little island way off shore, erm call it Panama and we can all have a little Tax haven , tell him your local Member of parliment said it was totally ok.

Posted

1.8 mill, with a 35% tax, makes you receive 1.17 mill.  Always expect slight rounding for people to make their point or mostly because they don't look at all the numbers, just the biggest.  Also tax is 35%, not 30%.

Totally will admit to rounding. But, if that is truly 35% tax, it's insane. 

That is way too high, there needs to be a way to reduce it.

Posted

Totally will admit to rounding. But, if that is truly 35% tax, it's insane. 

That is way too high, there needs to be a way to reduce it.

There was.  In Korea it was pretty much a premium buff you could buy for your account that was 15$ a month.  It gave 30% Exp, skill exp, + 100 carry weight, +16 inventory for all your characters and all your banks, and 30% cash back for tax, which reduced the tax to about 20%.  

This was removed from our version as our version was b2p, and most of these buffs were given passively to us (carry weight, inventory, etc).  Things like the skill exp, regular exp and cash back for broker were left out, as people didn't want to see any type of subscription for the game.

Posted

I would agree the tax is a bit high considering it's the same as KR and we have nerfed loot returns from npcs.

Posted

they are - but whiny people kept b-tching about pay-to-win so we have no premium accounts(30 day sub) in our version like KR to get lower taxes.

I miss that sub package thats in korea :(

Posted (edited)

If i make Steel and turn it into tradepacks i get double the money for it selling to an npc than if i sold it on the Marketplace to a player.

You've just unlocked the secrets of the game. The marketplace is not designed to be the go to place for making silver in BDO. The market place is more of a last resort for stuff you simply do not need.

I'd give you a bigger hint on this subject, but i don't want to hurt my sales taking advantage of players who just don't get it.

Edited by Ginrei

Posted

So much for my crafting empire. What a waste of time.

Crafting empire isn't related to tax its related to whether crafted goods have any value, 90% of the money comes from the grinders is why crafting empire sucks its got nothing to do with taxes ;)

Posted

I did i think some days ago.

to Clarifiy how the market and Price ranges work and how Inflation goes.

As their is an Overflow on Money. it looses its value and items get more expensive.
as their is an Overflow on goods Money gets more value items get cheaper.

Basic Inflation.
So that to work  Item Price have to be complete free to choose.

Our min and max Range adapts the current Need and offer on goods.

So far so good. this way its correct we would Need a Gold sink because of Inflation.

BUT
the Price ranges have a hard cap.

Example Copper cost at the Moment: min: 140 max: 180
But it has a hard cap at min: 125 and max: 250 

So it wont matter what value Money or goods really have because it doesnt go beyond the hard caps.

This way either Goods can get completly useless: Doesnt ever get sold.
OR
Will always be sold out .

This is not inflations and this is not a reason for a needed goldsink because of Inflation, because the Prices here a limited.

i hope you understand me now better :)
Think about it.

Besides that
Crafting= loosing Energy and Money = Profit

Posted

Gotta have a gold sink somewhere.

Sure 5k pearls in the store, next to the gold bath.

Posted

You've just unlocked the secrets of the game. The marketplace is not designed to be the go to place for making silver in BDO. The market place is more of a last resort for stuff you simply do not need.

I'd give you a bigger hint on this subject, but i don't want to hurt my sales taking advantage of players who just don't get it.

Thanks for the tip but Steel is just one of the things i do, mostly because its fairly light on the energy cost. A lot of people have this buzz about the timber crates as the processing thing, but it's far more energy intensive. Per energy spend Steel earns more.

Posted

Thanks for the tip but Steel is just one of the things i do, mostly because its fairly light on the energy cost. A lot of people have this buzz about the timber crates as the processing thing, but it's far more energy intensive. Per energy spend Steel earns more.

Fair enough, i was exaggerating calling the marketplace a last resort. There are clearly times when it's more advantageous to sell there. If players started being more careful about the materials they obtained and used them properly, the market place would look very different. BDO is a massive game and it's easy to get lost. Plus no one really has the time to do it all themselves so the market place will always exist as players struggle to find the best approach for themselves.

I tried the timber crates in KR gaining the 102% distance bonus or whatever it was. The money was nice, but certainly time and energy consuming. You can basically compare everything to afk fishing as a standard and crates just don't cut it. Those scrolls obtained from fishing are way too valuable.

Posted

What is the market tax %?

I sold something for 1.8 Mil,

Received 1mil.

Tell me this is a bug

30% + 5%

As a crafter, we're screwed on profits. No point in crafting if you are crafting to sell.