• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pet breeding all random??

29 posts in this topic

Posted

So today I tried my first breeding of two cats, a Striped Cat (brown) and a Grey Moon (white)... and boy I was not expecting this :o

Good part, came out as T3 with Alchemy and Fishing +3%.  Mind you I know the stats and Tier can be random, but this is how she came out below... mostly black with patches of brown and a mud looking tail. I mean how?!  Are the cat colors also completely random as well?  I have two black cats the skinny ones, if I breed these two could they end up red or white? lol  Ugh, its not her fault but she is so not a pretty kitty.. I wish you could change her fur like dye :(:(

Shes the right side

2016-04-13_23599628.JPG

Posted

I have a tier 4 Doberman. It's PURPLE. -.-

Posted

one thing I have found always but the higher tier and or the one ya want the dominate visual traits from up front....does not always work but for me it has

Posted

I have a tier 4 Doberman. It's PURPLE. -.-

Screenshot or it never happened.

Posted

044f55a632.jpgScreenshot or it never happened.

old screenie. He's -----ing purple 

Posted

@Zyke Starting to lose interest naming your pets on the 4th one? :D

Posted

my german shepherd is tier 4 which now looks like a siberian huskie as its white/grey it looks nice actually prefer it this way than what it was lol i bred shepherd with the one that looks like a whippet/greyhound

Posted

After exchanging two orange cats I got this one:

2016-04-13_945636627.thumb.JPG.a0111302d

Posted

hi, i suggest you use this link: http://enchroma.com/test/instructions/

I think I would know better than you, especially since its my pet and I see him IN GAME instead of a low resolution screenshot.

Thanks for your concerns though.

Posted (edited)

look at my pretty 20€ cat -_-

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

Edited by Necromonger

Posted

Seems like when they put RNG, they put RNG into it all.  Now I am too scared to bred two black cats... who knows I might get a green with red stripes or something.  RL, two cats usually come out the same color as their parents >.>

Posted

I think I would know better than you, especially since its my pet and I see him IN GAME instead of a low resolution screenshot.
Thanks for your concerns though.

so you didnt even try the test?

look at my pretty 20€ cat -_-

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

sir...

your graphic settings are hideous to begin with just sayin

Posted

sir...

its my old laptop at work, my "uptodate" pc the cat doesen't look any better...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Here is a pet exchange calculator: http://bdobase.info/pets

It will show you the different outcomes you can get. It's in Russian so you might need to use google translate :P

btw... I don't recommend exchanging pets unless you want a different look, or are planning on getting 3 upgraded pets. Since Daum added skills to T1, there really is not much benefit in exchanging. T2 is exactly the same as T1 (same pick-up speed, same number of skills), except you will have to destroy 2 pets to obtain it. T3-T4 is only useful in that if you have 3 T3, you will have more skills than with 3 T1 (with slightly faster pick-up speeds). If you are planning on only taking 2 T1 and exchanging, you can not win. You will always end up with a downgrade in some way. You should also be aware that each pet's special can change when you exchange (you could end up with a dog with resource detection for example).

Edited by Shmyules

Posted

sir...

c1eea09bac.jpg

Not purple?

Posted

c1eea09bac.jpg

Not purple?

Tell what did you breed so I don't make the same mistake :P

Posted (edited)

Not purple?

I'd have said he's more aubergine than purple, but each to their own, I guess.

Edited by Nemeris

Posted

Tell what did you breed so I don't make the same mistake :P

Doberman + Doberman? I had this nice Black and blue, but didn't have the skills I wanted.

Posted

Doberman + Doberman? I had this nice Black and blue, but didn't have the skills I wanted.

What happens when you go UI mode (Ctrl+U)

does it change color at all?

Posted

What happens when you go UI mode (Ctrl+U)

does it change color at all?

No man it stays purple. I'm pretty sure selecting to keep skills from a pet gives higher chance for you to get a pet with the same appearance. So I'm not gonna waste like another $80 to get it to a good color scheme.

Posted

No man it stays purple. I'm pretty sure selecting to keep skills from a pet gives higher chance for you to get a pet with the same appearance. So I'm not gonna waste like another $80 to get it to a good color scheme.

nah, the pet breeding is RNG, for example the cat breeding calculator that we have. getting the same pet appearance just depends on the combo of cats you used. siamese cats for example generally keep their appearance for many of the combos except a select few.

Posted

Pets are fairly random depending on tier.

All 3 of my dogs are purebred german shepards. Yup, even the border collie. The birds are purebred skybirds and the cat is two "striped cats"

7a85p4o.png

Posted

Pets are fairly random depending on tier.

All 3 of my dogs are purebred german shepards. Yup, even the border collie. The birds are purebred skybirds and the cat is two "striped cats"

7a85p4o.png

Looks like you got the same cat I did hehe.  Nice luck on those Tiers  :D

Posted

Less luck and more like realizing skills aren't really worth a damned beyond luck+1... So I smushed pets until I get pretty ones. x.x Sans cat. I like the color of the cat though. It's gold in some lights.