• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why does this game require a 5 hour down time every time it does a weekly maintenace? While gw2 can do it on the fly?

107 posts in this topic

Posted

Cannot believe that people are really complaining about a weekly Maintenance. Shame on you. Stop comparing Games like BDO and GW2, use the Downtime for more useful things (at least it's still a Game...) and accept it.

Posted (edited)

Did anyone notice in the post he said Gw1 instead of Gw2 kind smart cause it tells OP who read his post

maybe because some people read the title of thread (that clearly says gw2) and the title is actually a question. no need to read a post when the question is in the title..

talk about not reading

Edited by briggah

Posted

maybe because some people read the title of thread (that clearly says gw2) and the title is actually a question

talk about not reading

but a forum thread usually has more then just a title 

Posted

Cheap server and cheap software maybe?

Posted

but a forum thread usually has more then just a title 

Yup it does and what does he say in his post? Honestly even gw1 which is like 100 years old can do it on the fly .

So he asked the question in the title and went on to add more to that question in his post.

Posted

op got da answer. whiny kids and white knights still here lel

yes,%2Bgood%2Blet%2Bthe%2Bbutthurt%2Bflo

once the trolls leave ( which they never can do) the thread will eventually stop ;)

Posted

Yup it does and what does he say in his post? Honestly even gw1 which is like 100 years old can do it on the fly .

So he asked the question in the title and went on to add more to that question in his post.

but then why say Gw2 in the title then talk about Gw2 in the post doesn't make sense if you ask me

Posted (edited)

but then why say Gw2 in the title then talk about Gw2 in the post doesn't make sense if you ask me

the keyword you are missing is "even"

so he asked about why gw2 can patch on the fly and EVEN an old game like gw1.

anyway I quoted someone that asked why people were talking about gw2 when he was ONLY talking about gw1 which he clearly wasn't 

Edited by briggah

Posted

GW2 isn't an seamless open world, one is hard pressed to even call it an mmo. It's almost entirely made of instances and everything is separated, no world pvp or world interaction. It's on a big megaserver that is split into lots of channels which are split into hundreds of instances and moba-style battle arena's that probably have their own small shards that don't require maintenance.

Think of EVEonline which is the only true persistent open world game, they literally have downtime every morning to maintain their server (they don't even have channels or shards) so the price we pay for an actual breathing world is pretty small, you should be asleep anyways (unless you're an aussie)

EDIT: realized OP was talking about gw1...which is even less of an MMO than gw2! Seriously, how can you equate such an old and instanced game with BDO!

but they can trade T_T

Posted

Oh you really did a great job drawing out all the salt from these white knights here lmao.

Posted

@Swiss Bliss

I agree tbh.

Posted

You literally quoted me saying that the patch notes for BDO don't really tell you most of what goes on in the patch.

I mean I get it, you're just trying to stir the pot, I might not like GW2 but I don't pretend like it's not managed better, programmed better or far more popular. My gripes with GW2 have everything to do with it not being to my taste; but I didn't comment on that here.

Posted

GW2 is a great piece of software that went thru better programming and had way more success and hype than BDO. not even comparable with all the hype GW2 had and you're here giving vent to your mouth with nonsense without anything to back that up. kids least got their lollipop back and they can play their sexually arousing game for weeaboos lel

resized_krooze4-meme-generator-inb4-shit

past.... I said Guild Wars 1 like...3 times.

Posted

please dude back up ur claims with facts. u know nothing.

Which claims? 

Posted

Inb4 no one even knows how these games patch their content at all, since 

most of that information is kept proprietary for this exact reason.

Competition.

Source-
some large amount of years as a sysadmin among other random IT titles.

Posted

What's all with those aggro kids those days, calling others "kids" while not being able to write one proper sentence without adding a few chlldish insults, and some huge overused boring memes. You see from 10 meters away who the kids are.

Posted (edited)

This thread so far....

@Swiss Bliss

kek.jpg

Edited by The Admiral
1 person likes this

Posted

the claims that i quoted ya for 'saying that the patch notes for BDO don't really tell you most of what goes on in the patch' when its not that lel

You can see them in the patch notes.

Ranger damage "slightly adjusted" etc etc etc.

Hell Tamer got an across the board change that buffed damage but nerfed mobility and all the patch notes said was that they were "adjusted"

Plenty of examples of it if you actually read the patch notes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly even gw1 which is like 100 years old can do it on the fly 

GW1 has had approximately 30 hours of downtime over about 7 years. 

and this game in 2016 takes 5 HOURS every week to do a 1mb patch during PRIME TIME for some people....

Thanks duam

Really dude?

Your lack of experience with MMOs show through rather  clearly. 

Most MMOs take far longer than the 5 hours ( usually less ) that DAUM takes to patch BDO.

So, in closing, STFU kid.

Fyi: GW is a POS game compared to BDO. xD

Posted

If you are living in Asia, the middle east, Europe of Iceland, you have your respective servers to join (although I give you a pass for euro/Iceland since we share a forum) and the DT is still pretty late for both servers and a more than acceptable time to be asleep, so yeah...just aussies! Nice anti-American hostilities though! Maybe once other countries actually start paying for their own militaries the world WILL stop revolving around us :)

You sleep until 3pm? Because that's the time servers go back up in EU.

I think you should stop staying up until early morning hours if you sleep through the day afterwards. Don't you have stuff to do?

Posted (edited)

and this game in 2016 takes 5 HOURS every week to do a 1mb patch during PRIME TIME for some people....

Thanks duam

Aside from all the topic troll.

Well, nAnet just build a better technology to have an invisible maintenance ^^, originaly the GW1 Anet was full of tech guys, so it allowed them to build quite many very smart thing.

( Also, not saying, for somes choice, they think that in a very good way )

Edited by woots

Posted

Thanks duam

Honestly. If you can't find something productive or entertaining to do for a few hours. 

This patch time isn't your biggest problem.

Posted

GW2 uses a special server setup where they run instances of each map.  When they push out patch they push the update and run instances of patched and unpatched instances and then slowly close the unpatched instances.  They're basically running different versions of the same game at once.  This generally doesn't work with other games because they don't have instanced maps, they have entire worlds or in some cases continents.  And an entire world is a lot harder on server(s) than a few maps.  It's a lot easier to spread the load around in GW2 case.  

Posted

u didnt even check the link with the gw2 programming conventiion that was given out

Watching it now.
Did you watch it?

This confirms some of peoples questions as to "Why this blah blah not like blah blah blah."

Assuming you know your shit from fits, the way he is explaining all of this confirms why Daums setup is not like theirs.

but alright.

Still watching at the moment.

Posted

GW2 is a great piece of software that went thru better programming and had way more success and hype than BDO. not even comparable with all the hype GW2 had and you're here giving vent to your mouth with nonsense without anything to back that up. kids least got their lollipop back and they can play their sexually arousing game for weeaboos lel

resized_krooze4-meme-generator-inb4-shit

GW2 is a failure.