• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Transferring from NA/EU to OC

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Upon  release of the Oceania server mentioned by  Administrator PM_Belsazar (Territory of service - updated 13.11.2015, 2015).   Would current Oceania players be eligible  to transfer our characters over from NA/EU to OC?.  Being forced to develop and invest time/money in our  characters on an NA/EU  server while the Oceania is being developed for us will be pointless if unable. Even if it may cost a price in fee, I'd be delighted in the option to enable a transfer and not start over again. 

note: 

·         OCEANIA                                                                           

AUSTRALIA, COOK ISLANDS, FIJI, KIRIBATI, NAURU, NEW ZEALAND, NIUE, NORFOLK ISLAND, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, PITCAIRN, SAMOA, SOLOMON ISLANDS, TOKELAU, TONGA, TUVALU, VANUATU

Thank you,
-Wolves

Edited by Wolves

Posted

As an Australian player I would not transfer. BDO is already designed to be relatively ping friendly, and OCE server would have no community. Apart from WoW which has a massive playerbase, no MMO had successfully introduced a non-dead OCE server for their games. A slight inconvenience for a working economy and ability to actually see other players is worth it.

Posted

As an Oceanic player I will be staying on the NA servers.

OCE servers are nice but die off within a few months

Posted

As an Oceanic player I will be staying on the NA servers.

OCE servers are nice but die off within a few months

probably because of ppl like you and the above poster lol. won't even give ur own server a chance

Posted

The main reason is because it would split my community up.

A lot of the oceanic community plays NA with friends from NA.

I would rather play with my community than lose half just so I have a better ping.

Posted

Are there even that many Australian players that play this game to upkeep a whole server? :D

popcorn-1.jpg

Posted

I would be really sad to see all our Aussie players leave our guild. We value everyone, wish there pings were better but they still do quite well on the NA server from what they have told me.

Posted

Having an educated guess I would assume there to be roughly 2000 OCE players

Let's say half of them decide to stay on the NA server - 1000 player server

people get busy - bored - or just have stuff come up - 500 player server

etc etc, you guys get the point

Posted

I am not sure really what they mean. They talk about BDO global service and in south east asia there are quite a few countries still unable to play. I don't believe we will get an oceanic server here in australia. However region locked countries would be unlocked in this area.  

Posted

If I get a good ping 100% would start again, but yes, would rather transfer

Posted

Oh...I wish that I had known this at the start or it was released at the start...

I have established most things on my NA server..and convincing my bf who lives in NA to come over will not happen now that he has established himself too.

Posted (edited)

deleted

Edited by Chigikogou

Posted (edited)

probably because of ppl like you and the above poster lol. won't even give ur own server a chance

In fairness... the player pool of the NA or EU servers make the player pool for oceanic looks tiny.

Like hundreds of thousands compared to thousands. Not really all that shocking that people aren't terribly interested in moving to a new oceanic server in a MMO.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

Upon  release of the Oceania server mentioned by  Administrator PM_Belsazar (Territory of service - updated 13.11.2015, 2015).  

Thank you,
-Wolves

•  

Cite your source please.

Posted

Upon  release of the Oceania server mentioned by  Administrator PM_Belsazar (Territory of service - updated 13.11.2015, 2015).

source would be great

Posted

In fairness... the player pool of the NA or EU servers make the player pool for oceanic looks tiny.
Like hundreds of thousands compared to thousands. Not really all that shocking that people aren't terribly interested in moving to a new oceanic server in a MMO.

just give em a single server with fewer channels/same..all of a sudden looks just as packed lol none issue really imo

Posted

just give em a single server with fewer channels/same..all of a sudden looks just as packed lol none issue really imo

And then you use the marketplace...

Posted (edited)

And then you use the marketplace...

OCE area's a big place and the games highly addictive..just need to advertise the game over there will prob have plenty of players with advertisement tbh 

that and most ppl are self reliant and not auction house reliant anyway (make stuff themselves/gather their own stuff with workers etc)

the older mmorpg games with 200 players never had much trouble tbh lol

Edited by Khazard

Posted

I bet my ogre ring we don't get Oceanic servers. Doesn't make sense to gives us them.

And the only important thing ping really seems to affect in this game is PvP. And that seems to be a latency riddled desync-fest for everyone regardless of ping.
I'd rather play with my NA friends than play on a server with diminishing population.