• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for some Advice ( From Australia )

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Guys !

As the title says I am from Australia And I am about to get the game.

What I would like to know is what Sever to join ?

If some other Aussies could help me out that be great, I am worried about lag and want the best game experience possible.

Cheers All

Posted

Hi Guys !

If some other Aussies could help me out that be great, I am worried about lag and want the best game experience possible.

Cheers All

Any N/a server Really and oh you're going to get rubber banding.

Posted

I've heard NA servers are better for you, and maybe don't pick a melee class because lag will ruin your chances at fun. Lag for melee classes is a problem in the states too, but only could imagine it multiplying for you.

Good luck. Maybe some Aussies can tell u what servers/channels they play on.

Posted

Aussies play across all servers. And all servers are nicely populated, Uno being the Carebear server tho.

You will get rubberbanding no matter what and it doesnt matter what class you play. HF.

Posted

You will get rubberbanding no matter what and it doesnt matter what class you play. HF.

True, its just more impactful when you need the enemy to be close to you and it turns out they are 30 feet somewhere else.

Posted

Hi Guys !

Cheers All

I can't speak for other servers but I know on Edan a rather large chunk of my guild are aussie.

I also know of at least one high end hardcore PvP guild that is aussie only.

Posted

True, its just more impactful when you need the enemy to be close to you and it turns out they are 30 feet somewhere else.

Try reversing it and you're a wizard casting meteor on an enemy 30 feet away and suddenly they appear on top of you

c5dda14a-37ef-46dc-8e05-8b560bfbae54.gif

"high-end"

"hardcore"

"xenophon"

i cant tell if you're trolling or not but xenophon gets shit on by every guild on the server, even middle-class guilds. they usually have to call out 2 other guilds to come help and even then they can't catch up in score.

Posted (edited)

Try reversing it and you're a wizard casting meteor on an enemy 30 feet away and suddenly they appear on top of you

Rubberbanding sucks for everyone. At least u have pew pew skills and AOE from a distance:( Seems like witches and sorcs have huge AOE while my grapples have very small range to work. 

Admittedly I've also been magically grappled from 30 feet away as well :/ Wish that worked for me (or maybe it does and I can't tell cause it looks normal to me, but to them they thought they were at a distance) 

Good luck my friend from Australia. Good luck.

Don't get me started on world bosses as melee.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

"high-end"

"hardcore"

"xenophon"

i cant tell if you're trolling or not but xenophon gets shit on by every guild on the server, even middle-class guilds. they usually have to call out 2 other guilds to come help and even then they can't catch up in score.

I don't think it's xenophon... but honestly I am not sure. I only heard about it in passing from another guildmate saying they wont even look at players if they're not aussie and have 130ap+

I'm not aussie, not a hardcore pvper and not interested in that kind of guild so... yeah, I really only passed along what I heard.

Posted

I can't speak for other servers but I know on Edan a rather large chunk of my guild are aussie.

Thank's for the reply

Perhaps you could ask nest time you see one of your aussie guildies next time you see one how they find it

I have been playing WoW for 8 years and have finely found a MMO to replace the mess blizzard now calls WoW

My ISP is Bigpond and I live in North/east Victoria

Posted

The more casual Aussie guilds went to Edan.

More PVP focused Aussie guilds went to Orwen.

Edan has a focus on pvp

Orwen has a focus on pvp

Uno is sorta like housing commission

Posted

:D Thanks so much for the replies everyone !

I have come across rubber banding on STO and if its not to bad I can deal with it :P

Thank's for the wish of Luck Luciferia :) ~chuckles~ I might need it

Posted

Thank's for the reply

Perhaps you could ask nest time you see one of your aussie guildies next time you see one how they find it

I have been playing WoW for 8 years and have finely found a MMO to replace the mess blizzard now calls WoW

My ISP is Bigpond and I live in North/east Victoria

Don't have to ask, they talk about it regularly.

For all but one of them connectivity is "ok" and "Very playable" especially compared to the RU and KR servers. You'll still have some issues but likely not a whole lot worse than most playable games across the sea.

For that last one... he has a faster connection than I do and mine is pretty decent... so he never lags much to speak of.

Posted

oce.enjin.com < probably the largest Oceanic guild on US servers. We use battleping and play on edan US. Between 300 and 400 members currently.

Jump on discord and say g'day. :)

Posted

The more casual Aussie guilds went to Edan.

More PVP focused Aussie guilds went to Orwen.

Edan has a focus on pvp

Orwen has a focus on pvp

Uno is sorta like housing commission

Thank's for the reply

I dont play PVP much so thank's for the sever info :)

Posted (edited)

Rubberbanding won't bother you nearly as much then. Melee vs a world boss still might be a chore, but other than that it should only be a minor annoyance and not game breaking. 

Rubberbanding in PVP takes the fun out of it.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted (edited)

4/13/2016

UTC

CEST

EDT

CDT

PDT

Start

08:00

10:00

04:00

03:00

01:00

End

12:00

14:00

08:00

07:00

05:00

These are roughly the times for NA's maintenance. I notice a lot of Australians complain about the scheduled maintenance (Wednesdays) so this is a heads up.

Edited by Tesi_Amsel

Posted

oce.enjin.com < probably the largest Oceanic guild on US servers. We use battleping and play on edan US. Between 300 and 400 members currently.

Jump on discord and say g'day. :)

Oh Sweet Mate Thanks for the battleping info that will come in handy hey !

Love the COA on the site but should replace the Koala in it with the one below :D

maxresdefault.jpg

These are roughly the times for NA's maintenance. I notice a lot of Australians complain about the scheduled maintenance (Wednesdays) so this is a heads up.

~chuckles~ that wont stress me out to much I am used to WoW Maintenance but thank's for the heads up hey :)

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0